PDA

View Full Version : Spell Check

lakewake
04-17-2006, 10:07 PM
Does any one know how to reach the web master for this site? The BMW owners forum I belong to uses the same version of Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. bulletin board that Hot Boat does. They have a spell check function which is nice and many here could use. Hell even the contact button below is mis spelled. When I hit the "Contat Us" Button below It goes no where.

maxwedge
04-17-2006, 10:27 PM
wee Dount Kneed kno Fawkin spel chek heer !
There is a place to post site suggestions at the bottom of the Forums menu. Also in the sidebar menu there where it says "Contact us" you might try that. :p

BajaMike
04-17-2006, 10:39 PM
And about spelling.....
:cool:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
thought this was interesting. Can you read this?
Olny srmat poelpe can.
cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.
The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

maxwedge
04-17-2006, 10:53 PM
I can read that fine, but I could swear I am still stupid. :D

lakewake
04-18-2006, 07:51 AM
My "Contact Us" button goes to a white Microsoft page that says "The page cannot be found" Anybody get an email page when they hit that button?

NOTALENT
04-18-2006, 08:18 AM
Why, are you getting graded on how you spell.....does it ever occur to you that most of us are working and typing really quick and dont care how we spell....because its the internet...maybe we should add punctuation as well since I dont have time to do that either.... :rolleyes: :crossx:

spectratoad
04-18-2006, 08:24 AM
I thought you had to have at least 500 posts before your opinion would even be given a thought. :D :D

maxwedge
04-18-2006, 08:32 AM
does it ever occur to you that most of us are working .... :rolleyes: :crossx:
Working? WTF? I'm just laying here at home on my couch with the laptop, half-ass browsing Hot Boat and half ass watching Peoples Court. It's all very time consuming, so I that's why I can't spell right either. :D

NOTALENT
04-18-2006, 08:39 AM
Working? WTF? I'm just laying here at home on my couch with the laptop, half-ass browsing Hot Boat and half ass watching Peoples Court. It's all very time consuming, so I that's why I can't spell right either. :D
Haha...focker...you might as well turn on OPRAH!!! and eat some bon bons!!! :D Ok im not really working...I get paid to post on ***boat...just dont tell my boss... :crossx:

superdave013
04-18-2006, 08:40 AM
Does any one know how to reach the web master for this site? The BMW owners forum I belong to uses the same version of Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. bulletin board that Hot Boat does. They have a spell check function which is nice and many here could use. Hell even the contact button below is mis spelled. When I hit the "Contat Us" Button below It goes no where.
The problem is pretty much Hot Boat does not care about this site at all. This site is run for the most part by volunteers (that take so much flak they should get paid well). The only time the upper brass gets involved is to delete threads about people who are unhappy with some company that pays for ads in their monthly rag.
Well at least when I was a mod that's how it was.

maxwedge
04-18-2006, 08:48 AM
Haha...focker...you might as well turn on OPRAH!!! and eat some bon bons!!! :D Ok im not really working...I get paid to post on ***boat...just dont tell my boss... :crossx:
In order to get the Bon Bons, I would have to remove the sleeping dog from my feet, and I don't really want to, because she's doing a great job of keeping them warm. Also I think she's laying on the remote, so changing the channel is out of the question. :D
Edit: Noticed some spelling and puntuation errors. :crossx:
Edit: Noticed I can't spell Punktuation wright eithr.

lakewake
04-18-2006, 09:02 AM
The problem is pretty much Hot Boat does not care about this site at all. This site is run for the most part by volunteers (that take so much flak they should get paid well). The only time the upper brass gets involved is to delete threads about people who are unhappy with some company that pays for ads in their monthly rag.
Well at least when I was a mod that's how it was.
Thanks, That makes sense.

NorCal Gameshow
04-18-2006, 09:34 AM
This is a Free site?
Tom Brown, check your PM's :mad:
:D :D :D

lucky
04-18-2006, 09:36 AM
BOY, THAT WOULD BE PRICLESS( SP?)

maxwedge
04-18-2006, 09:44 AM
If I was Hot Boat, I wouldn't want people from here contacting me either. :D
The Button on the side (the one that's spelled right) works for me though.

NorCal Gameshow
04-18-2006, 09:49 AM
Maybe I can help :D
try a comma after Hell
something does look right with your mis spelled
like this site, Free of charge :D
p.s. most peeps(people) here have much more to offer than good spelling ;)

maxwedge
04-18-2006, 10:15 AM
I have put together a lot of motors and I really can't remember ever checking the spelling on any of them. Never blown one up yet. :p

NorCal Gameshow
04-18-2006, 10:21 AM
By reading these posts, an outsider would perceive that the collective brainpower herein would not equal that of A. a carrot. B. a retarded dog. C. a graduate from our school system-"No idiot left behind". Take your pick.
Just for thought- If I'm putting togather an expensive motor, outdrive, or what have you and ask a question of let's say a 'member with a lot to offer' and they can't spell or express themselves in a half-way intelligent manner, than what is the quality of the infomation they supply? Think about it !
Spelling matters just as integrity counts. Stupid always shines through.
This place has an administrator? Oh come now, not since Erik.
Rio
integrity?
spelling?
Now, that's funny
Edit---> you missed an r in information

NorCal Gameshow
04-18-2006, 10:51 AM
i wuz jis seein iffin yer awake, gameshow.
reo
NYCE!!! :D (although, i'm a little concerned that I could read and understand your reply) :D

lakewake
04-18-2006, 12:27 PM
I encouraged a friend back east to join the boards. He is heavy into racing stock cars and motocross. He has been boating for years and with his mechanics expertise would certainly be helpful on many questions posted here. After one or two passes through the pages of Hot Boat forums in the” Sandbar” his comments are “They should change the name to Sand Box” because of the childish responses he saw. His challenge to me was post and intelligent question asking for help but don’t say anything derogatory about anyone except that some people may need help with the spell checker. He guessed most would take offense. On this he was wrong. Only a handful of responses saw their own shortcomings and took offense with unfavorable responses. He said not one person would even answer the question. Again he was wrong. Thanks superdave013. I told him he just needs to lighten up. This is just a bulletin board. His response made me think. He recalled a time not too far back when Ebonics was on the rise in the urban communities and everyone was in an uproar over the butchering of the English language. Most recently our kids are showing falling grades in English and grammar due to the use of text messages abbreviating and using synonyms. He punctuated his point in his best Forest Gump voice"Stupid is as stupid does”. Food for thought. I enjoy the banter, retarded or intelligent.

NorCal Gameshow
04-18-2006, 12:34 PM
this one might fall under the "ignore him he'll go away" category