PDA

View Full Version : Employee Background Check

AMC-Nut
12-08-2004, 12:01 PM
Hey All,
I know this has nothing to do with boating directly but indirectly it does, since my company ultimately pays for my boating.
MY company is at the point where I need to hire some office type help and I was wondering if anyone knew a good way to check background information on their employees. First I need to verify if the person is a citizen, I'm in Arizona, and second they will have the keys to my office and will be in the office alone a lot of the time so I would like to check and see if they are a convicted felon, and third they will have to do some job related driving and I thought I had better check on that too.
Thanks,
Ryan Bailey
Hometown Real Estate Appraisers, Inc.
Tempe, AZ

Eliminator 4 Life
12-08-2004, 12:04 PM
What is the pay .. IM ready to leave Ca :idea:

AMC-Nut
12-08-2004, 12:07 PM
Appraising is real good gig, since an appraiser always has work both in a good and bad economy. People are always buyer, refi'ing, divorcing, or getting foreclosed on and all need an appraisal!

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
12-08-2004, 12:16 PM
You first need to make sure that you have them sign a release agreeing to a background check. Then you can go on the net and find any number of services that will do the work for you. You can count on paying anywhere between $75 and $500 depending on what level of info you need. I will be doing them on my future employees becuase it is important to know the stability and status of your employees. An employee with bad credit can and more than likely will cause you some grief. And a bad hire is very expensive and not realized until its too late.
Good luck.

Unforgiven
12-08-2004, 12:22 PM
Hey All,
I know this has nothing to do with boating directly but indirectly it does, since my company ultimately pays for my boating.
MY company is at the point where I need to hire some office type help and I was wondering if anyone knew a good way to check background information on their employees. First I need to verify if the person is a citizen, I'm in Arizona, and second they will have the keys to my office and will be in the office alone a lot of the time so I would like to check and see if they are a convicted felon, and third they will have to do some job related driving and I thought I had better check on that too.
Thanks,
Ryan Bailey
Hometown Real Estate Appraisers, Inc.
Tempe, AZ
let see...I work at a nuke...I worked as a contractor for the military..sooo I can say I'm cleared to work for you....I don't know shit about appraising, but I do sleep at Holiday Inn express when I get the chance.........so when do I start??

AMC-Nut
12-08-2004, 12:25 PM
When you finish your apprenticeship, submit your application to the board of appraisal, pass your test, and come up with some of your own clients you can start tomorrow!

Eliminator 4 Life
12-08-2004, 12:31 PM
let see...I work at a nuke...I worked as a contractor for the military..sooo I can say I'm cleared to work for you....I don't know shit about appraising, but I do sleep at Holiday Inn express when I get the chance.........so when do I start??
Eddie dont try to back door me I want this job........

Unforgiven
12-08-2004, 12:39 PM
Eddie dont try to back door me I want this job........
when you move to Havasu, can you stop by the house...I'll go with you...you can go to work all day while I use your ELIMINATOR ....(mine isn't done yet!!!)

AMC-Nut
12-08-2004, 12:51 PM
Anyone have a specific site on the internet they have used before?

MsDrmr
12-08-2004, 01:16 PM
I am in the states with no green card, I dont have a drivers licens, I have robed three banks, been convictied of four carjackings, and assult and batter against an officer of the law...But I need a job so if you hire me, I promise not to steal your keys.. :D :D
So sad we live in a world where we have to be careful about who we hire...best of luck to you, I can only imagine the stress. If I lived in AZ I would be a great candidate for you, but hope you find someone you can trust.

Eliminator 4 Life
12-08-2004, 02:50 PM
when you move to Havasu, can you stop by the house...I'll go with you...you can go to work all day while I use your ELIMINATOR ....(mine isn't done yet!!!)
Damn that sounds like a great idea let me guess you want an allowance too :D

Keithb87
12-08-2004, 02:57 PM
I hire Drivers here from time to time.... I do not do a background check, but as for the driving record, I require them to bring me a current MVD report ( $3.00) from the Motor Vehicle Department. It takes them about 15 to 20 minutes if they get there early. I also Drug test anyone that drives my trucks. :coffeycup

Eliminator 4 Life
12-08-2004, 03:01 PM
Keith love the avatar wtf is it ha ha whats the pay. I got a lot of toys I have to pay for ha ha

Keithb87
12-08-2004, 03:03 PM
Keith love the avatar wtf is it ha ha whats the pay. I got a lot of toys I have to pay for ha ha
The Avatar is a Wet "Pussy" Cat... :D

Eliminator 4 Life
12-08-2004, 03:06 PM
That is great....... :)

switchin'addiction
12-08-2004, 03:14 PM
I have never used this site (https://www.yourownprivateeye.com/backgroundchecklaw.htm), but I was referred to them by someone in the business.

Unforgiven
12-08-2004, 03:14 PM
Damn that sounds like a great idea let me guess you want an allowance too :D
nope, got my own cash...I just want to use the boat...and girlfriend too

Eliminator 4 Life
12-08-2004, 03:18 PM
Well all I got left is the boat looking for a new g/f now ha ha

Unforgiven
12-08-2004, 03:25 PM
Well all I got left is the boat looking for a new g/f now ha ha
Sh*t, your in the same shoes I was in at the begining of the year....took almost a year to recoup from that one...she did me a favor though....I"M NOT MARRIED! I'M RACING AGAIN! AND I"LL HAVE MONEY AGAIN!! (after I pay off all the bills! :cry: ) But with that boat ,our great personalities, we can hopefully get HER454 (Traci), Mrs Kilrtoy (yvonne) In2in2mx (Jessie) Mrs Frenchie and Goldie (those two are a great team) and Bunnie166(Cindy) to go with us...thats a boat load isn't it?? :rollside:

Eliminator 4 Life
12-08-2004, 03:27 PM
There you go I knew I should have bought that damn Excursion but they didnt make a red one :D :D

vodkarocks
12-08-2004, 03:35 PM
If you use ADP for you payroll, they will do backround checks on new employees or there is a company called Staftrack that will do it

Unforgiven
12-08-2004, 03:40 PM
There you go I knew I should have bought that damn Excursion but they didnt make a red one :D :D
I beleive there is room in the truck if they sit on our laps :D

Eliminator 4 Life
12-08-2004, 03:41 PM
Damn Eddie Im glad one of us has a brain maybe we should take them all and Ill borrow a buddys waverunner ha ha

INXS
12-08-2004, 03:44 PM
Some companies, like mine, refuse to give any info. on former employees other then the dates of their service do to possible lawsuites!

Unforgiven
12-08-2004, 03:44 PM
Damn Eddie Im glad one of us has a brain maybe we should take them all and Ill borrow a buddys waverunner ha ha
when you split up with the ex??? thought you two were all happy and sh*t??

Eliminator 4 Life
12-08-2004, 03:48 PM
Yea sometimes people just change we are still friends but we just have different priorties (sp) I like booozing and cruising all weekend ha ha.. Shes a good girl and I wish her the best whatever she does :D

AMC-Nut
12-08-2004, 03:56 PM
Not sure what half these posts are about! Unforgiven and Eliminator and Keith what the hell are you talking about, you know you can start your own thread, it's free! LOL! :hammerhea

C-2
12-08-2004, 03:57 PM
Stay away from companies that offer only info for sale.
Pre-employment investigations have FCRA requirements and there are several releases and forms that must be signed before doing an investigation. It only takes one applicant with the right attorney to open up a can of whoop-ass for not following the law, so don't cut corners.
Use a recognized company such as this:
http://apscreen.com/
Be sure your employment application is also up to date with both state and federal requirements. There are also people out here who make a living by applying for positions, and after not being hired, they sue over outdated employment applications. Shakedown lawsuits.
Good luck. :)

Eliminator 4 Life
12-08-2004, 03:58 PM
Not sure what half these posts are about! Unforgiven and Eliminator and Keith what the hell are you talking about, you know you can start your own thread, it's free! LOL! :hammerhea
Sorry amc me and unforgiven get side tracked :D

AMC-Nut
12-08-2004, 04:01 PM
I'm just messin' with you! Post what ever you want including nudie pictures of your next door neighbor!

Mike J.
12-08-2004, 04:02 PM
A little secret way is to check at major supermarkets who
use those little plactic cards to total up your bills.
They keep track of everything you buy and send info to law
inforcement and goverment agencys.
Just try getting a security clearance to work on a Militry
base, I had my wife stop buying her Cigs and if you buy booze They know every drop you drink.
Mike

Eliminator 4 Life
12-08-2004, 04:08 PM
I'm just messin' with you! Post what ever you want including nudie pictures of your next door neighbor!
Well you want that I need a job ha ha atleast 1k a week too plus bennefits..

chub
12-08-2004, 04:36 PM
A little secret way is to check at major supermarkets who
use those little plactic cards to total up your bills.
They keep track of everything you buy and send info to law
inforcement and goverment agencys.
Just try getting a security clearance to work on a Militry
base, I had my wife stop buying her Cigs and if you buy booze They know every drop you drink.
Mike
Not like the gubnent cares but is that legal. Thanks for the tip.

99 232 baja
12-08-2004, 04:49 PM
go thru your local police for a criminal check, dmv for the driving .I would think one or the two should be able to tell US or not.