PDA

View Full Version : "Risky Business" meets "Predator"...Head-To-Head....

SHAKEN Not Stirred
04-17-2006, 10:55 PM
Video from this past weekend at Havasu.....
Mike Bobbitt's "Risky Business".... meets Gary Smith's "Predator"......
Head-To-Head at a closure speed of over 250 MPH....
Enjoy!,
CJG
:cool:
Click here to watch Risky-Business-Meets-Predator-at-Havasu-4-15-2006 (http://media.putfile.com/Risky-Business-Meets-Predator-at-Havasu-4-15-2006)

C-2
04-17-2006, 11:16 PM
Damn those Skaters suck!!!!! :220v: :220v: :220v:

Phat Matt
04-17-2006, 11:16 PM
Nice. You guys should have slapped hands or tossed them a beer as they went by. :)

SHAKEN Not Stirred
04-17-2006, 11:17 PM
DESERT STORM POKER RUN
April 28 & 29, 2006, Lake Havasu, AZ
AKA:....Skate-O-Rama!
10 days & counting !!!!!!
:)

Kachina26
04-18-2006, 05:21 AM
Pretty sweet:D

TOBTEK
04-18-2006, 05:28 AM
Sounded like an F1 race car come by...... SICK!
THANKS for sharing..

INSman
04-18-2006, 06:08 AM
The music is cool, but me likey the engine noise too !! :rollside:

NOTALENT
04-18-2006, 06:17 AM
Damn...that fast and no Life Vests!!!! :D
Bitchin video...that would be an awesome ride.

Havasu Hangin'
04-18-2006, 06:21 AM
DESERT STORM POKER RUN
April 28 & 29, 2006, Lake Havasu, AZ
AKA:....Skate-O-Rama!
Rumors are that the Herbst 46' Skater, Mikes 40' Skater, Lances 40' Skater...
...and Dan's "little" 36' Skater are all gonna be next to each other at the Nautical next week.
:D

havasurat27
04-18-2006, 06:31 AM
I remember when 70 mph was fast!

Havasu_Dreamin
04-18-2006, 07:00 AM
Bitchen video Chris!

BoatFloating
04-18-2006, 07:07 AM
So who's going to step up and call it and say they are going to take G Smith and Predator out........ We need some good smack before the run... :)

NOTALENT
04-18-2006, 07:13 AM
So who's going to step up and call it and say they are going to take G Smith and Predator out........ We ned some good smack before the run... :)
Well let's just say they are lucky my boat will most likely be sold this weekend!!! :crossx:

GHT
04-18-2006, 07:13 AM
NICE.... Thanks for sharing the video.. It's always a pleasure seeing you guys run. Saw both of the boats at The Turtle on Saturday. Can't wait to see ya'll runnin' by while we're sippin' Bloody Marys on the MASSIVE Flotilia.. :)

GHT
04-18-2006, 07:15 AM
Well let's just say they are lucky my boat will most likely be sold this weekend!!! :crossx:
NOTALENT, is there a good view from Cat Tail Camp grounds? :crossx: You get a ride yet, for the Flotilia?

Tom Slick
04-18-2006, 07:17 AM
So who's going to step up and call it and say they are going to take G Smith and Predator out........ We ned some good smack before the run... :)
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that after so many years of getting their asses handed to them by Predator, nobody is stupid enough to talk any smack at this point. :devil: :D

INSman
04-18-2006, 07:19 AM
So who's going to step up and call it and say they are going to take G Smith and Predator out........ We need some good smack before the run... :)
Kroozin could probably do it since he is so light and quick, would probably be hard for Predator or one of the others to catch him, BUT, since he is selling the boat and will have his likely buyer on board, he will not be running nearly as fast as he can or what it would take to be the first to the springs.

NOTALENT
04-18-2006, 07:21 AM
NOTALENT, is there a good view from Cat Tail Camp grounds? :crossx: You get a ride yet, for the Flotilia?
Actually yeah...It was awesome last year. Can kick it on the beach or just float out in front....It's almost right across from black meadow. No rid yet...I will find out if it truly is sold this weekend.

GHT
04-18-2006, 07:23 AM
Actually yeah...It was awesome last year. Can kick it on the beach or just float out in front....It's almost right across from black meadow. No rid yet...I will find out if it truly is sold this weekend.
Good luck on the "Final Sell"... Although hope you get to use it this weekend too... F*ck, I don't know what to think??? :confused: :confused:

BoatFloating
04-18-2006, 07:24 AM
Kroozin could probably do it since he is so light and quick, would probably be hard for Predator or one of the others to catch him, BUT, since he is selling the boat and will have his likely buyer on board, he will not be running nearly as fast as he can or what it would take to be the first to the springs.
I think I could take them too but my wife's aunt's mother in law is in the boat and won't let me go that fast either..... :)

INSman
04-18-2006, 07:25 AM
I think I could take them too but my wife's aunt's mother in law is in the boat and won't let me go that fast either..... :)
I hear ya' Rock !! :rollside:

Boa1277
04-18-2006, 07:34 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that after so many years of getting their asses handed to them by Predator, nobody is stupid enough to talk any smack at this point. :devil: :D
LOL sounds like excuses to me..LOL :yuk:

skater40
04-18-2006, 07:43 AM
Top 5 predictions-1 PREDITOR :crossx:
2 CRC
3 RISKY BUSINESS
4KROSSIN
5 LANCE
Good luck to all and be safe.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
04-18-2006, 08:00 AM
2 CRC
3 RISKY BUSINESS
4KROSSIN
5 LANCE
Heheheheeh......"Krossin"..... :p
Oh....is Lance bringing the pontoon boat ?? :rolleyes:
Later,
CJG

Phat Matt
04-18-2006, 08:00 AM
OK, I'll start. I am going to take G Smith out...at the knees. When I am done with him everyone will call him Nancy Kerrigan. :jawdrop:
That is the best way to take out "Skaters".

Havasu Hangin'
04-18-2006, 08:03 AM
2 CRC
3 RISKY BUSINESS
4KROSSIN
5 LANCE
Am I the only one that finds it funny that skater40 spelled "Predator" wrong? :idea:

Phat Matt
04-18-2006, 08:04 AM
Am I the only one that finds it funny that skater40 spelled "Predator" wrong? :idea:
You never know how boats are speeled these daze. :rollside:

Jordy
04-18-2006, 08:09 AM
OK, I'll start. I am going to take G Smith out...at the knees. When I am done with him everyone will call him Nancy Kerrigan. :jawdrop:
That is the best way to take out "Skaters".
Look at Matt, getting all Tonya Harding and shit... :D :D :D

MR HARLEY
04-18-2006, 08:09 AM
WOW! Great vid, thanks for sharing.

fourspeednup
04-18-2006, 08:14 AM
Anyone else catch the owner flippin Predator the bird LOL :D :D

BoatFloating
04-18-2006, 08:18 AM
Heheheheeh......"Krossin"..... :p
Oh....is Lance bringing the pontoon boat ?? :rolleyes:
Later,
CJG
Hey I see he doesn't have your boy's boat in the top 5.... No love for T Cruise and Risky Business.....
BF... Stirring the pot.....

syke-o
04-18-2006, 08:57 AM
nice video!! :crossx:

Totally IncapASSitated
04-18-2006, 09:08 AM
Ivan Dan and I were a bit shocked on Friday while golfing on the Island, we saw "Predator" being stored in some dirt lot with no cover on getting sand blasted by the 50mph winds!!!! :confused: :sqeyes:
I would think if you had that kind of coin to spend on your boat you might ante up for an indoor storage, just my $0.02 and what the hell do I know!!! :boxingguy

NOTALENT
04-18-2006, 09:17 AM
Ivan Dan and I were a bit shocked on Friday while golfing on the Island, we saw "Predator" being stored in some dirt lot with no cover on getting sand blasted by the 50mph winds!!!! :confused: :sqeyes:
I would think if you had that kind of coin to spend on your boat you might ante up for an indoor storage, just my $0.02 and what the hell do I know!!! :boxingguy
He's gotta save somewhere with these gas prices going up... :rollside:

Kilrtoy
04-18-2006, 09:21 AM
Nice. You guys should have slapped hands or tossed them a beer as they went by. :)
They only had enoght timeto swap steering wheels at that speed...
I heard some mighty big numbers out of CRC, That should be a good weekend.

Keith E. Sayre
04-18-2006, 09:26 AM
sure seems to me that alot could have been figured out right there on the lake last weekend. maybe I sound "old school" but I grew up on the river
with the "shut up and race what ya brung" mentality. Granted, we didn't
have million dollar boats but isn't the whole essence of the matter come down to who is faster right now at any given moment. I would've turned
that boat around and figured out who had more tuning to do right there on
the spot! But that's just me.
Keith Sayre

NOTALENT
04-18-2006, 09:28 AM
sure seems to me that alot could have been figured out right there on the lake last weekend. maybe I sound "old school" but I grew up on the river
have million dollar boats but isn't the whole essence of the matter come down to who is faster right now at any given moment. I would've turned
Keith Sayre
Thats what I was thinking...I thought that was what was going to happen...but I guess they would rather see who tunes up better on raceday.

BoatFloating
04-18-2006, 09:29 AM
They only had enoght timeto swap steering wheels at that speed...
I heard some mighty big numbers out of CRC, That should be a good weekend.
I think Bowling in the 37 Talon might have a little something for CRC....

OrangePicker
04-18-2006, 09:30 AM
Keith Sayre
Thats what IM talking about :)

BoatFloating
04-18-2006, 09:31 AM
Keith Sayre
Good point and post. Old School getrdone and not wait for the next time.

Kilrtoy
04-18-2006, 09:34 AM
Good point and post. Old School getrdone and not wait for the next time.
Ok RICKY,
I am now officallly looking for the tamale wagon..... :boxed: :boxed:
P.S. pretty sure the lot was sold...

KROOZIN
04-18-2006, 09:46 AM
I think Bowling in the 37 Talon might have a little something for CRC....
Don't forget about those two bad a$$ canopied Nor-techs.... :cool:
(oh nevermind....we can forget about them.....LOL :p :D :D :D )
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2595PRA06-23pt2_Small_.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1780Miami_Boat_Show_2006_160.jpg

SHAKEN Not Stirred
04-18-2006, 09:52 AM
Keith Sayre
Awww....
C'mon Keith....This isn't 1960 pal!!!.....Take your "Jane Fonda" poster down... :p
The day of the "Potato-Chip-Boat" is over!!!!...(Hehehe..Sorry Dan)... :rolleyes:
Pull that Corvair over and make way!!!!! :p
Everyones de-bugging and hoping that the molecule's stay together for 5-10-20-40 miles or so at 7,000+ RPM....
Hopefully all of the boats will stay together as it will be quite a sight !!!
Have your video cameras ready as I'll need some good footage from down lake....
Although.....10 flights of 20 boats each kinda sucks!, but will be much safer than a 200 boat free-for-all......
I just pray for no...."ACCIDENTS".........It's supose to be FUN.......
Later,
CJG

havasurat27
04-18-2006, 09:52 AM
Here is a cool video of Predator at 160mph
http://www.american***boats.com/Video/Predator.wmv

SHAKEN Not Stirred
04-18-2006, 10:03 AM
Don't forget about those two bad a$$ canopied Nor-techs.... :cool:
or......the gaggle of MTI's either!!!!.. :idea:
CJG

TOBTEK
04-18-2006, 10:12 AM
Here is a cool video of Predator at 160mph
thats a great vid! Shame Defreeze(sp?) broke..... he was comin on pretty hard.

Keith E. Sayre
04-18-2006, 10:36 AM
Shaken Not Stirred: I guess what I'm trying to say is, at what level of the
game does it become "no fun" anymore? at what dollar level or hp level do
we say, I can't go out and have a good time or my motors won't last or the
speed is so excessive that it's really getting dangerous? To what end do we
push our sport or addiction or need for speed to the point that we can't simply go out and tear up the lake? Seems a shame if that's what it is coming
to.
While we have no right to ask any of these million dollar boat owners to go out and "entertain" us with their fast boats while we sit in the computer room
and watch the replay on video, I read all the hype about our poker run and I
get excited to see it go off and I remember how many disappointments there
have been over the years. One year when the racecrafter boat was here,
then the "lick this" boat was getting gas at the gas truck when the start of
the poken run went off, then last year Blings tranny blew up the night before
and Leroy offered one up but no,and one thing I can say is this, I don't personally know any of the owners of these boats, but we all live and breathe
and dream about being in one of those 150+ mph monsters and the one guy
that consistently shows up and runs the boat is Gary Smith in Predator. I
don't care if he ends up not being the first to the card stop, he's proven that
he'll do it every time no matter what or who else is there, he' running.
Now that's cool to me.
Keith Sayre

C-2
04-18-2006, 11:13 AM
then the "lick this" boat was getting gas at the gas truck when the start of the poken run went off,
Keith Sayre
And this is the difference between enthusiasts and people trying to prove something.
The Turtle is Predator's best ally: takes out half of them every time :) :220v: :) :220v:

LHC30Victory
04-18-2006, 11:27 AM
Back to the thread//////
Great video Chris, you just keep getting better and better at this editing thing!
Now I know why you didn't answer my phone calls......

Fast Freddy
04-18-2006, 11:32 AM
push our sport or addiction or need for speed to the point that we can't simply go out and tear up the lake? Seems a shame if that's what it is coming
to.
While we have no right to ask any of these million dollar boat owners to go out and "entertain" us with their fast boats while we sit in the computer room
and Leroy offered one up but no,and one thing I can say is this, I don't personally know any of the owners of these boats, but we all live and breathe
Now that's cool to me.
Keith Sayre
well said. i agree. to me its more impressive to show up year after year and continually bust 160+ mph in a 40 foot pleasure skater modified for racing than show up once in a full on canopied purpose built nortech race boat with 6 point restraints, etc and throw down a 180 mph top speed one time.
oh yea and one more thing predator has produced a top speed of 175 mph on GPS the last time i checked. so will any boat this years event be able to top that? my guess is that if any boat does in fact run 180 mph+ predator will be on of them.
i say good luck to the competition in dethroning the KING OF LAKE HAVASU. it takes more than speed to run fast at havasu. at 150+ mph as BIG as that river is it suddenly becomes narrow when you throw a bunch of 150+ mph boats on it all at once. knowledge and experience of the course is on predators side. also the hole shot is everything on a course like this and the predator is a 40 foot drag boat when the flag drops on the pace boat at copper canyon right before you hit the 'narrows'. if and when you do catch the predator you will have to try and pass him going around a turn at 120+ mph. good luck with that. as you can see from the video posted above the few that have tried blew there engines when the predators boat roost hosed there engines intakes down.

Fast Freddy
04-18-2006, 11:32 AM
to.
Now that's cool to me.
Keith Sayre
well said. i agree. to me its more impressive to show up year after year and continually bust 160+ mph in a 40 foot pleasure skater modified for racing than show up once in a full on canopied purpose built nortech race boat with 6 point restraints, etc and throw down a 180 mph top speed one time.
oh yea and one more thing predator has produced a top speed of 175 mph on GPS the last time i checked. so will any boat at this years desert storm event be able to top that? my guess is that if any boat does in fact run 180 mph+ predator will be one of them.
i say good luck to the competition in dethroning the KING OF LAKE HAVASU. it takes more than speed to run fast at havasu. at 150+ mph as BIG as that river is it suddenly becomes narrow when you throw a bunch of 150+ mph boats on it all at once. knowledge and experience of the course is on predators side. also the hole shot is everything on a course like this and the predator is a 40 foot drag boat when the flag drops on the pace boat at copper canyon right before you hit the 'narrows'. if and when you do catch the predator you will have to try and pass him going around a turn at 120+ mph. good luck with that. as you can see from the video posted above the few that have tried blew there engines when the predators boat roost hosed there engines intakes down.

unleashed
04-18-2006, 11:40 AM
Keith Sayre
I agree that was a total puss out. I would have flipped a bitch and gave him a run....but I guess I still have Farah fawcet posters on my wall. hahahahah tell Bobbit to grow some balls next time! :D
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

KROOZIN
04-18-2006, 12:08 PM
Well, I certainly can't speak for anyone but myself...(and sometimes that's hard to do :p )
I don't think many people who own a boat like that really care about who's faster.... :boxingguy wait, ok, maybe a little.....but not enough to turn around and chase someone down. If any of you talking... have ever been 175mph, you would know that the conditions should be perfect....otherwise why risk it....for ego?? Not me, I know how fast my boat is! :cool:
(sure it's fun to race....can't blame him for not caring enough to turn around though...) {just my opinion}
Party on, Wayne :D :D

Phat Matt
04-18-2006, 12:16 PM
Well, I certainly can't speak for anyone but myself...(and sometimes that's hard to do :p )
I don't think many people who own a boat like that really care about who's faster.... :boxingguy wait, ok, maybe a little.....but not enough to turn around and chase someone down. If any of you talking... have ever been 175mph, you would know that the conditions should be perfect....otherwise why risk it....for ego?? Not me, I know how fast my boat is! :cool:
(sure it's fun to race....can't blame him for not caring enough to turn around though...) {just my opinion}
I bet you can't go 175mph on poker run day. :D
Party on Garth.

Bling Bling
04-18-2006, 12:18 PM
I agree that was a total puss out. I would have flipped a bitch and gave him a run....but I guess I still have Farah fawcet posters on my wall. hahahahah tell Bobbit to grow some balls next time! :D
Deano
No shit. There's one part in the video where it's quite for a second then you hear Mr. Bobbit say only, Predator. Sounds to me he's a bit scared. :yuk: Remeber this, Predator is on the old side. But Gary every year has that boat ready to run. The set up looks to be perfect, and Larry Peto has some killer reliable HP in her, not to mention those Weisman drives. Take it from a guy who talk shit last year but could not show up run day, you got your work cut out to dethrown the King. I got to go with Bf, watch out for Gone Again, as well as Ballistic.

KROOZIN
04-18-2006, 12:19 PM
I bet you can't go 175mph on poker run day. :D
Party on Garth.
I might take that bet.......how much can we get the pot up to???? :confused: :D Gotta make it worth my while ya know..... :p

Bling Bling
04-18-2006, 12:20 PM
You mean JT knows how fast it goes. :D :D

Phat Matt
04-18-2006, 12:20 PM
I might take that bet.......how much can we get the pot up to???? :confused: :D Gotta make it worth my while ya know..... :p
How about some Red Bull and vodka? :D

KROOZIN
04-18-2006, 12:31 PM
You mean JT knows how fast it goes. :D :D
yeah he knows too.... :p :D
were going to miss you out there BassmasterBling........ :cry: :cry: :D

unleashed
04-18-2006, 12:32 PM
Whatever....hopefully JT will be driving your boat for you again cause we all know you didnt hit 175 by yourself....hahahahaha! The video was funny you could hear him say stay away from that guy its predator! LOL
:p And yes I would turn around and play with him a little up until 130 when he kicks my ass! :cry:
Deano

KROOZIN
04-18-2006, 12:35 PM
hhhhmmmm :cool:

Havasu Hangin'
04-18-2006, 12:37 PM
hhhhmmmm :cool:
Goose and Red Bull you say? :idea:
Better get the Herings overnighted.

Jordy
04-18-2006, 12:38 PM
Say, is that stuff any good??? :idea: :D

BajaMike
04-18-2006, 12:55 PM
Nice....:D
Thanks, Chris for the video....your gettin good at that!
:rollside: :) :rollside: :)

Liquid Courage
04-18-2006, 01:09 PM
Keith Sayre
You guys have to remember one thing. Mike is very down to earth and even though anyone would want to be the "king", he is very conservative with his boat (ask shakin who's run with him many times). He does not want break his stuff or injure anyone. I've talked to him about speeds and his boat many times and he has alot of respect for boats like preditor owner and Dank who push their boats hard. I honestly think he could care less about racing someone. You don't see him on here talkin' smack and you wont.
Tank

Havasu Hangin'
04-18-2006, 01:18 PM
...and he has alot of respect for boats like preditor owner and Dank who push their boats hard...
Dan pushes his boat? :confused:
I think he has him mixed up with Lance. Lance doesn't have a throttle...he has a switch. :supp:

Liquid Courage
04-18-2006, 01:23 PM
Dan pushes his boat? :confused:
I think he has him mixed up with Lance. Lance doesn't have a throttle...he has a switch. :supp:
I was refering to when JT came out and ran it to get the #'s.

Havasu Hangin'
04-18-2006, 01:30 PM
I was refering to when JT came out and ran it to get the #'s.
Dan doesn't like to go much above idle. Put me on the sticks, and I'll bet even JT would be impressed.

KROOZIN
04-18-2006, 01:39 PM
Dan doesn't like to go much above idle. Put me on the sticks, and I'll bet even JT would be impressed.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
:D :D

Havasu Hangin'
04-18-2006, 01:43 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
:D :D
Q. Why do waterski racers keep putting their thumb up to go faster?
A. Because the skier doesn't have to buy a new thumb when the boat breaks.
:cry:

KROOZIN
04-18-2006, 01:57 PM
Q. Why do waterski racers keep putting their thumb up to go faster?
A. Because the skier doesn't have to buy a new thumb when the boat breaks.
that's a pretty good pic in the above post huh??? I like how you're "on the sticks" :p

Havasu Hangin'
04-18-2006, 02:01 PM
that's a pretty good pic in the above post huh??? I like how you're "on the sticks" :p
That's right...good observation.
Now, I'll teach you next week- if you push the sticks forward...your boat will go faster.

djunkie
04-18-2006, 02:06 PM
I remember when 70 mph was fast!
It still is. :rollside:

Essex29
04-18-2006, 02:09 PM
You guys have to remember one thing. Mike is very down to earth and even though anyone would want to be the "king", he is very conservative with his boat (ask shakin who's run with him many times). He does not want break his stuff or injure anyone. I've talked to him about speeds and his boat many times and he has alot of respect for boats like preditor owner and Dank who push their boats hard. I honestly think he could care less about racing someone. You don't see him on here talkin' smack and you wont.
Tank
I met Mike last weekend and that is the first thing that came to mind, very down to earth. I was on the boat when we passed Predator and didn't think there was a need or a want to turn around and chase him down. We were just KROOZIN :p (hope that isn't trademarked)...The boat is incredible and was stoked that I was able to ride in it!
Thanks for the ride Mike! :) ......and the wake up call Chris :)

KROOZIN
04-18-2006, 02:09 PM
That's right...good observation.
Now, I'll teach you next week- if you push the sticks forward...your boat will go faster.
you mean, you want me to teach you how to get that Cig movin faster..... :p :D

RiverDave
04-18-2006, 02:10 PM
oh yea and one more thing predator has produced a top speed of 175 mph on GPS the last time i checked. so will any boat this years event be able to top that? my guess is that if any boat does in fact run 180 mph+ predator will be on of them.
What are you talking about?
RD

Havasu Hangin'
04-18-2006, 02:14 PM
Since I passed you last year (a couple times if I remember correctly), I'd say I got the Cig pretty dialed in!

INSman
04-18-2006, 02:31 PM
Since I passed you last year (a couple times if I remember correctly), I'd say I got the Cig pretty dialed in!
OUCH !!

Phat Matt
04-18-2006, 02:33 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13041

Phat Matt
04-18-2006, 02:35 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13042

Havasu Hangin'
04-18-2006, 02:37 PM
I had a slower helicopter...

djunkie
04-18-2006, 02:43 PM
Sorry HH. This is an old classic from Charley. :crossx:

KROOZIN
04-18-2006, 02:43 PM
Yeah, but you could tell I was in "kick back" mode.... :p
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2595187.jpg

LUVNLIFE
04-18-2006, 02:44 PM
Anyone else catch the owner flippin Predator the bird LOL :D :D
I think he was just calling him over like come here, not flippin him off. :rollside:

KROOZIN
04-18-2006, 02:47 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :p

djunkie
04-18-2006, 02:47 PM
And another one bites the dust. LOL!!!!!!!! :rollside: :rollside:

SHAKEN Not Stirred
04-18-2006, 04:00 PM
Tank
Hey Tank....
Yep....You're right!
Mike doesn't want to hurt anyone, or the boat......The best thing about runnin' with Mike is that his head is always in the game....Running at that speed is a big enough risk, no need to exacerbate it with excess bravado and risky manuvers.....
YES!.....All of us should have been wearing PFD's.....Mike and I spoke about it today, but here's the problem, you get this false sense of security on that boat.....The boat handles well, you know Mike & Larry aren't going to pull any stupid manuvers, (like chasing down Predator) so the only thing out of your control is the other boaters & mechanical failures.......We have lost both engines & transmissions at well over 100 and the boat reacts fine.....Can someone pull out in front of you, or can you have a mechanical failure that can severely change the attitude of the boat....sure?......But again, knowing that the driver/throttle guys are not going to apply any crazy inputs brings it into the realm of acceptable risk......Bottom line....We needed PFD's...
Performance?...."Risky Business could pull 180 easy with the new engines.....She pulled better than 170 in the Delta with the old engines, but you won't ever hear him talk shiat!.....150....160.....170......180....who cares, the sphincter pucker factor at those speeds is about a 9.98 on most male scales anyway....and some female ones too....
Both Mike and Gary are very genuine guys who have a passion for fine boats & speed......I purposely left in Mikes comment at the end of the video........"Predator".....to me, the remark signaled true respect for a legendary boat & driver, a benchmark, not a reason to hide....that one remark speaks volumes about Mike......I would have been dissipointed to hear him say "Fawk Predator"........
I've said it before, it's a privilage to run on Mikes boat, as well as quite a bit of work too and although some may be faster, few are sweeter........At this point....The boat is dialed in and ready to run......See you in 10 days....
Be safe.... :cool:
Later,
CJG
:cool:

KROOZIN
04-18-2006, 04:05 PM
OH B.S...........Mike talks sooo much trash!!!!!!
You shoulda heard him........naw, just kiddin :p :p
Mike's A++
Damn it SNS, call it 9 days, we can cheat just a little, can't we.....??!?! :cool:

Havasu Hangin'
04-18-2006, 04:06 PM
OH B.S...........Mike talks sooo much trash!!!!!!
You shoulda heard him........naw, just kiddin :p :p
But can Mike drive with one knee while doing a beer bong?

Caribbean Jet
04-18-2006, 04:13 PM
What a video, thanks for sharing

Jordy
04-18-2006, 04:17 PM
Dude, did you just call me Gopher??? :D :D :D

Phat Matt
04-18-2006, 04:20 PM
Those are "Havaskilz". Only a select few have enough talent to pull off that maneuver. :D

kanedog
04-18-2006, 04:42 PM
10 days before the poker run and the excuses are already flyin............just an observation. pot stir.....hehehehehe

KROOZIN
04-18-2006, 04:48 PM
Dude, did you just call me Gopher??? :D :D :D
No, but I just called you Isaac, Isaac... :p
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2595isaacwashington.jpg

jdnichols
04-18-2006, 06:05 PM
"HAVASKILZ".......I like that!!!!! :cool: Sounds like a boat name....
SNS, if you don't feel like wearing a PFD.....don't!! Just like the damn helmet law, and seatbelt law......if we want to risk our own fawkin lives let us... :p As of right now, there aint no fawkin law!!!!
Fawk those fawkers.....(hehehe) :p
Except there is (a law) in our Poker Run!! I think we all want the run to continue so let's step up and show how responcible we can be. There is a lot of people watching. It wouldn't take a lot for California. to do an Alabama jig and outlaw boats faster than some number, like 80 MPH.
We're just too damn few in number to thumb our noses at all the other people that use the water. Let's step it up and show some of that same class we respect Gary for!
I'm sorry, but I hope one of these days it won't be an accepted thing to haul ass, then raft up and pass the goose then go do it again. :boxed:

riverroyal
04-18-2006, 06:10 PM
them go by black meadow landing,I was gonna race them in the deckboat,but ,,,you know

INSman
04-18-2006, 06:50 PM
okay, I have heard enough !!!!
I have a new pair of 2,200HP turbine motors going in this week and I am taking Predator, Kroozin, Lance and Bobbitt down with the Shockwave Lifesaver boat !!!! :)

KROOZIN
04-18-2006, 06:59 PM
Except there is (a law) in our Poker Run!! I think we all want the run to continue so let's step up and show how responcible we can be. There is a lot of people watching. It wouldn't take a lot for California. to do an Alabama jig and outlaw boats faster than some number, like 80 MPH.
We're just too damn few in number to thumb our noses at all the other people that use the water. Let's step it up and show some of that same class we respect Gary for!
I'm sorry, but I hope one of these days it won't be an accepted thing to haul ass, then raft up and pass the goose then go do it again. :boxed:
OK, it's my fault....you can blame it all on me, that's fine. I love it, I've only said how I wasn't going try and race anybody. I've always been safe. I've posted pictures of my crew and I in Lifelines. You don't see me drinking and driving, or acting stupid, and I could go on and on....Damn, dude, I joke around a little and you slam me for joking around. After the bashing I took a while back, on here, I believe I've earned a few laughs!
I guess Hot Boat is serious talk only now? :confused:

Havasu Hangin'
04-18-2006, 07:56 PM
OK, it's my fault....you can blame it all on me, that's fine.
Dude...guys with Skaters are not allowed to joke around, much less have a sense of humor!

Bling Bling
04-18-2006, 08:00 PM
OK, it's my fault....you can blame it all on me, that's fine. I love it, I've only said how I wasn't going try and race anybody. I've always been safe. I've posted pictures of my crew and I in Lifelines. You don't see me drinking and driving, or acting stupid, and I could go on and on....Damn, dude, I joke around a little and you slam me for joking around. After the bashing I took a while back, on here, I believe I've earned a few laughs!
I guess Hot Boat is serious talk only now? :confused:
Sounds like HH might need come by and give ya a hand job!!! :D

Havasu Hangin'
04-18-2006, 08:01 PM
Sounds like HH might need come by and give ya a hand job!!! :D
I wouldn't want to hit you in the mouth...Bassmaster bling.

KROOZIN
04-18-2006, 08:24 PM
"There's alot of people watching" what this thread??? I can't seem to find where it says "official poker run awareness thread".
Jim, ....I'm really sorry that I offended you and all the people watching. I guess my sense of humor is lost on some......ok, probably most....
I didn't realize that this thread was about your poker run....

Phat Matt
04-18-2006, 08:40 PM
"There's alot of people watching" what this thread??? I can't seem to find where it says "official poker run awareness thread".
Jim, ....I'm really sorry that I offended you and all the people watching. I guess my sense of humor is lost on some......ok, probably most....
I didn't realize that this thread was about your poker run....
I think our raft up will be the unofficial stop number 2. Think of us as the people who hand out drinks to the marathon runners. :D

mbrown2
04-18-2006, 09:16 PM
Pretty cool video....
But ol'skool don't even play here.....With those speeds and how small the lake is you just don't turn around and catch Predator or R Bizness like you did with Flatty's on Parker......ie: Predator coming back from the Springs, and you cross each other at past Steamboat.....you slow from 120 and turn, approximately 30 seconds....and turn around then it takes 15-20 seconds to get back to 120.....So within 45 seconds to a minute Predator is long gone even if you could do 180 to his 170....which is highly unlikely...
Back in the days of flatty's and jets racing around you did 70-80 for 10 seconds at a time.....these guys are doing 120-140 minutes on end.....not a even a close comparison....

C-2
04-18-2006, 09:47 PM
Kroozin we all enjoy your posts, no worries, keep up the good work. I don’t think Jim’s post was directed at any single person. ;)
I can also verify first-hand there are many different agencies and adverse parties monitoring threads for anything remotely related to the poker run. I’ve seen a dossier about 6” thick, filled with docs, letters and “evidence” about the poker run, including highlights of threads taken from this board and other message boards.
Of course, not the entire threads (i.e. 6 pages); rather, just highlighted parts that point out irresponsible behavior, speed contests, drinking, bets and the “r” word. All taken out of context, very much like edited news clips.
Two years ago USCG Chief Doug Samp (Havasu born and raised) came out to the run expecting the worse, based largely in part upon the opinion he formed of participants after reading various threads on HB. At the end of the run Chief Samp said he was glad he didn’t “judge a book by its cover”, because he would have been dead wrong.
Many people DO judge a book by its cover, which is my only point.
Carry on….. :)

jdnichols
04-18-2006, 09:54 PM
Kroozin, no worries man, just had to jump on my soapbox before the $10,000 bets came floating around :rolleyes:
I have been up to my ears with the insurance companies and Coast Guard, Fish & Game ect. Which makes me very aware how easy we could get closed down.
Let's all have a great summer of boating!

KROOZIN
04-19-2006, 04:57 AM
I certainly enjoy your poker run, and wouldn't want to create any grief for you. Good luck, and thanks for all your hard work involved with putting on this event!
For the record, my post about no lifejackets, was a lame inside joke on my part.

NOTALENT
04-19-2006, 05:40 AM
Now that's a skill!!! :D

TPI
04-19-2006, 06:05 AM
Can someone please post a pic of the "Predator" boat. I am not sure if I have ever seen it. Also, maybe some stats? Year, make, engines, etc..........It sounds like an interesting boat.
Thanks

Steamin' Rice
04-19-2006, 07:37 AM
GT,
Here's a pic of Predator from the 2002 SCOPE poker run..
http://www.scopeinfo.com/images/2002-SCOPE-Poker-Run/Helicopter-Shots/43292-030_31.jpg

C-2
04-19-2006, 08:06 AM
GT,
Here's a pic of Predator from the 2002 SCOPE poker run..
Get back to work!!!! Biggest poker run in the nation and you gotta work? :hammer2: :hammer2: :hammer2:

Steamin' Rice
04-19-2006, 08:41 AM
Get back to work!!!! Biggest poker run in the nation and you gotta work? :hammer2: :hammer2: :hammer2:
Keep reminding me... It really helps..... :mad: :crossx: :mad: :)

unleashed
04-19-2006, 01:42 PM
Keep reminding me... It really helps..... :mad: :crossx: :mad: :)
Dude you have to work??? That freakin sucks. :D
Deano

Jordy
04-19-2006, 02:15 PM
Dude...guys with Skaters are not allowed to joke around, much less have a sense of humor!
I thought the DCB guys weren't allowed to have a sense of humor??? Wait, after paying that kind of coin for a lake boat from a guy with the ultimate hairdo and a mini-me sidekick, I guess they require a sense of humor. :D :D :D
p.s. Sorry Charley and Dave. :D

slcbaker
04-19-2006, 06:22 PM
chris what a post. The boats were amazing. have fun at the poker run.

HOLLYWOOD
04-19-2006, 06:25 PM
Super cool!
Holly Kirchner
Xtreme Audio Covers
"Because Looks do Matter!"

SHAKEN Not Stirred
04-19-2006, 06:59 PM
Super cool!
Holly Kirchner
Xtreme Audio Covers
"Because Looks do Matter!"
Hey Holly,
Thanks.....
Good seeing you at the Anaheim show....
I guessed I missed you at the turtle on Saturday?
See you next time....
LAter,
CJG

Bling Bling
04-19-2006, 07:07 PM
I certainly enjoy your poker run, and wouldn't want to create any grief for you. Good luck, and thanks for all your hard work involved with putting on this event!
For the record, my post about no lifejackets, was a lame inside joke on my part.
First Bob Teague, now the Poker run. NICE!!!! :D

Bling Bling
04-19-2006, 07:10 PM
I thought the DCB guys weren't allowed to have a sense of humor??? Wait, after paying that kind of coin for a lake boat from a guy with the ultimate hairdo and a mini-me sidekick, I guess they require a sense of humor. :D :D :D
p.s. Sorry Charley and Dave. :D
Man, now thay was funny. Wait till little Charley see this.

BajaMike
04-19-2006, 08:58 PM
Nice picture....."Predator".....beautiful boat.... :rollside:
http://www.scopeinfo.com/images/2002-SCOPE-Poker-Run/Helicopter-Shots/43292-030_31.jpg
:rollside: :) :rollside: :)

INSman
04-19-2006, 09:17 PM
Look ay Holly jumping on the "Post" parade, NICE !!! :rollside:

Jordy
04-19-2006, 09:22 PM
First Bob Teague, now the Poker run. NICE!!!! :D
Kroozin' and his magnetic personality. Nice work Gopher. :D :D :D

GRUNION
04-23-2006, 10:50 AM
Can anyone get this to work? I saw it one day and went to show a friend the next and it hasnt loaded since. :mad:

CornWater
04-23-2006, 12:13 PM
I wouldn't want to hit you in the mouth...Bassmaster bling.
How the hell did I miss this?? Now that is some funny chit...

Mandelon
04-23-2006, 12:20 PM
From the title of this thread, I thought it was about Tom Cruise eating a placenta. :p

GRUNION
04-24-2006, 09:52 PM
Can anyone get this to work? I saw it one day and went to show a friend the next and it hasnt loaded since. :mad:
ANYONE