PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Mart campers

Sleek-Jet
12-09-2004, 03:33 AM
I guess that it's common knowledge that Wal-Mart allows RV'rs to spend the night in any Wal-Mart parking lot as a courtesy to their costomers. OK.
I live about 3 blocks from one of those fantastic retail centers and see RV's parked there all the time. Most just for the night. Surrounding this Wal-Mart are several un-developed retail pads, with parking all around. One of these small parking lots becomes a used car lot of sorts. And, tossed into the mix is usually an old motorhome or two. Since I'm looking for something to take to the lake/river and be able to cook and sleep in it, I stop buy and check things out once in a while.
For the past couple of months there has been an old Apollo motorhome parked in this one satalite parking lot. One day there is a For Sale sign in the window, the next none. Every couple of days it would move, but never to far, and it is always in the parking lot at night... hmmmm. Then one day there would be lawn chairs set up outside, awning out... the next, no signs of anyone around. They are not alone. There is also a dumpy looking Toyota motorhome that moves everday, but it's pretty obvious that someone is living in it, and these two have become neighbors of sorts.
It get's better.
Coming back from a late lunch/early dinner before work a couple weeks ago, I noticed that the big RV had moved over to the corner of the parking lot, and basically set up camp. That's when I noticed the extension cord. There is an electrical pedestal that I assume serves some of the parking lot lights. These people are using power off of it. :idea:
I told my brother that these people have probably spent a long time going from Wal-Mart to Wal-Mart, staying as long as they can, until someone runs them off. We'll see how long they stick around, I'm not telling anyone, but I am doing a little research in to who owns the electrical pedestal...

JetBoatRich
12-09-2004, 06:00 AM
I guess if your homless in living in your vehicle :yuk: why not an RV in Walmart :rolleyes:
It is funny what extreme people go to, such as stealing power :devil: we have an RV down the street from our office that has a extension cord going towards the telephone pole :confused: not sure what he tapped into :confused:

Bad2DBone
12-09-2004, 06:16 AM
I bet if your there early enough in the morning you might see some one come out in a bathrobe and head into walmart for a quick S,S,S. :wink:
I hate to say it but I try my damnest to not have to go into that store. :o

jbtrailerjim
12-09-2004, 06:37 AM
I hate to say it but I try my damnest to not have to go into that store. :o
I made the mistake of going into the one in Havasu last weekend with the wife. I couldn't wait to get the hell out of there. Crowded as hell and nothing but a bunch of old blue hairs clogging up there way to narrow isles. Damn, I hate that store. :hammerhea

phebus
12-09-2004, 06:58 AM
Hey, it's Christmas. Why don't you see if you can help him tap into cable for his T.V. :D

lucky
12-09-2004, 07:01 AM
i's say its one of the perks of not working - not being able to moove cause your drunk all the time - I guess it must be fun to make fun of those whom work everyday - :D

SCUBA STEVE
12-09-2004, 07:06 AM
Thats funny sleek, let us know how your research goes. :rollside:
There is a local K-mart that has a couple of different rv's in it every morning. I guess that is the hot spot for free over night parking? :p

STROKER ACE
12-09-2004, 07:13 AM
someone needs a hobbie bad

Jordy
12-09-2004, 07:46 AM
Thats funny sleek, let us know how your research goes. :rollside:
There is a local K-mart that has a couple of different rv's in it every morning. I guess that is the hot spot for free over night parking? :p
You're talking about the one on Lindsey and Main. ;)
Been that way for years, even back when I was in high school.
Nothing like Wal-mart to bring out the trailer trash in everyone. My favorite is the one up off of Frank Lloyd Wright and the 101. North Scottsdale, in the middle of a pretty nice area, no trailer parks in sight, but parked next to the 500SL in the parking lot will be a '73 Dodge Dart, Al Bundy style, never fails.
I hate Wal-mart and like Bad2DBone, I do everything I can to stay out of there. On the bright side, if you do have to go in for something, you come out feeling pretty damn good about yourself, like sexiest man alive material. :D

rrrr
12-09-2004, 07:58 AM
I hate Wal-mart and like Bad2DBone, I do everything I can to stay out of there. On the bright side, if you do have to go in for something, you come out feeling pretty damn good about yourself, like sexiest man alive material. :D
LMAO..... :D
If you wanna see fat and ugly, head for Wal-Mart. :hammerhea :skull:

Mandelon
12-09-2004, 08:41 AM
WE have one near my office now. Its only been open a couple of months. It used to be a HomeBase....
There are a few RV's in there. Some are quite regular. I go to the gym next door at 5:30 so I see em early.
We live near Mission Bay, so I pass that often as well. There are always some "Full-Timers" in those lots. They move every couple of days, stay for free as long as they can. Trying to get that SS check to last.....
:hammer2:

Jordy
12-09-2004, 08:45 AM
Oh, I've seen fat and ugly at Wal-Mart and she was wearing Spandex!!!! I had to go to the bleach section and wash out my eyes. :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
Spandex is a privilege, not a right. :D

throwerb
12-09-2004, 08:56 AM
Oh, I've seen fat and ugly at Wal-Mart and she was wearing Spandex!!!! I had to go to the bleach section and wash out my eyes. :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
I saw her later that day at the sand bar in a thong. I couldn't eat cheese for a week.

Jordy
12-09-2004, 09:00 AM
I saw her later that day at the sand bar in a thong. I couldn't eat cheese for a week.
Just the thought of that is going to keep me from eating all day. thanks... :jawdrop:
The one I'm talking about had a shelf ass, you know, the kind that you could rest a cooler on. The spandex was being worked beyond what it was designed for. Oh and the bedroom slippers were hot too. :D :D :D
I love Wal-Mart. :D

NashvilleBound
12-09-2004, 09:03 AM
LMAO..... :D
I dont know...We have two in town( :eek: ) one old one where all the rednecks shop and the other is where all the MTSU, all 27000, shop...can be very interesting goin there. I always stretch my neck out before

jdf
12-09-2004, 09:06 AM
well when i used to work in dallas a night and would finish early that's where i would head to wally world pull in the lot find a spot out of the main traffic but in sight of the camrea's in the parking lot and take a nap for a few hours untill rush hour was over... and head to the next job... at one store they would let me watch tv and dvd ,,,,

RiverOtter
12-09-2004, 09:06 AM
I dont know...We have two in town( :eek: ) one old one where all the rednecks shop and the other is where all the MTSU, all 27000, shop...can be very interesting goin there. I always stretch my neck out before
We have 11 in the Nooga Metro. :rolleyes: After all the necks shop at WallMart the go straight to Ryans and order the foodbar :D

Brian Ray
12-09-2004, 09:09 AM
The Wal-Mart up here had a full blown concert in the parking lot a few months ago....full stage w/lights, etc. Nothing like camping and getting a concert all for free....I hate going there.
But, I do buy my oil there sometimes as they do have the cheapest price on Valvoline....I just enter through the automotive area....easy to enter and check out. ;)

rrrr
12-09-2004, 09:33 AM
We have 11 in the Nooga Metro. :rolleyes: After all the necks shop at WallMart the go straight to Ryans and order the foodbar :D
LOL..... :D
You must have a chapter of the PBEA over there. That's the Professional Buffet Eaters Association. I think headquarters are here in Texas somewhere.
Those people start out at Shoney's in the morning, hitting the breakfast bar. After a short rest, it's time to head for Cici's Pizza or Pancho's for lunch. Gotta be home by 2:00 to watch Oprah or Judge Joe Brown.
After a snack and little reading on the throne, it's off to Ryan's or Ponderosa for more nourishment. When the tank is topped off, head for Wal-Mart. Gotta get some Little Debbies and Nutter Butter cookies for TV time. Oh, don't forget the Diet Coke. Gotta watch that sugar intake.
:D :D :D :hammerhea

RiverOtter
12-09-2004, 09:38 AM
LOL..... :D
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3254Laughing_crying-thumb.gif
You must have a chapter of the PBEA over there. That's the Professional Buffet Eaters Association. I think headquarters are here in Texas somewhere.
Those people start out at Shoney's in the morning, hitting the breakfast bar. After a short rest, it's time to head for Cici's Pizza or Pancho's for lunch. Gotta be home by 2:00 to watch Oprah or Judge Joe Brown.
After a snack and little reading on the throne, it's off to Ryan's or Ponderosa for more nourishment. When the tank is topped off, head for Wal-Mart. Gotta get some Little Debbies and Nutter Butter cookies for TV time. Oh, don't forget the Diet Coke. Gotta watch that sugar intake.
:D :D :D :hammerhea
Diet Coke!! LMAO!!

hoolign
12-09-2004, 09:40 AM
It's extra special when they wear those fishnet tops and it looks like a humpback caught in a gillnet. :yuk:

ALTERED-EAGLE
12-09-2004, 09:46 AM
I'm guessing Wal Mart's generosity was intended more toward tourists traveling through the area, not broke ass mo fo with no place to go.
On our way to Mesa Az, we will stay two nights in non pays third night in a pay site. Refresh the water drain the holding tanks that kinda thing. Just my two cents.

Bad2DBone
12-10-2004, 12:37 AM
I'm not sure if it was last year or the year before but we had some super white trash make the news here. From what I remember they had their big ass day after Thanksgiving sale. I guess when they opened the doors at 6am a few people got trampled trying to get in and an older lady was pushed to the floor by some trailer trash bitch trying to get the last dumb ass POS thing on a shelf. The old gal had to go to the hospital.
That's the kind of red neck pukes that freqent that place. :mad:

JustMVG
12-10-2004, 12:48 AM
On one of the RV sites i frequent there is a debate on wheter to use Wally world as a stop over, RV.net, well you know staying one night or two really should be ok, but once the awning and the chairs go out, they gotta tell them to move, it's going to get taken away from all of us , sometimes when we go out and it's too late to pull into a local CG then we'll stay at the wally parking lot, but just till morning and then maybe do some quick shopping, the wife loves that place, and then on our merry way. It's a safe haven and beats staying just off the highway and risking trouble. Besides Wal mart has just about everything you could need for a trip, and at reasonable prices.
But it's those Gumby's that camp for days that are going to mess it up for those that really need a place for just few hours.
MVG

callbob4homes
12-10-2004, 07:22 AM
The original K Mart in Yuma (gone now) for awhile used to get so many snowbirds parking for free, the shoppers had no where to park. These guys would set up there own little RV parks with awnings out, plastic grass and lawnchairs. They would even set up in a square or circle with ropes to keep out the unwanted traffic in their "homes". Of course this set off the no overnight parking ordinance that is now in effect. Can just imagine the lines for the "free" bathrooms in the morning. :jawdrop:

cola
12-10-2004, 07:48 AM
Havasu Walmart has NO overnight camping. :sleeping:
Late, Mike

Screaming Pete
12-10-2004, 08:17 AM
Man, She shows up at our gym in escondido too. she was wearing a black fish net tard with nothing on under neath, from 40ft you could see the meat curtins hanging.. no one wanted to use the gym equipment after her :sqeyes:

Sleek-Jet
12-10-2004, 10:01 AM
But it's those Gumby's that camp for days that are going to mess it up for those that really need a place for just few hours.
MVG
The current theory as to how they have been there for a such a long time is that the parking lot they are "staying" in is not owned my Wal-Mart. Like I said, there are several undeveloped pads, and one of the parking lots surrounding these pads is where they are parked.
I imagine the city will get involved before Wally World does, but it facinates me that people would live like this...
Oh yeah, an update. Last night on the way back from Lowe's, the big Apollo was gone.... but their car was still there....
.... wait for it....
... up on jack-stands. :D