PDA

View Full Version : Do Not Call List

jackpunx
12-09-2004, 10:03 AM
I just got this email..I did a little poking around and Im pretty sure its legit
In the coming weeks, CELL PHONE numbers are being released to
Telemarketing companies and you will start to receive tele-sales
Calls.
If you want to kick this to the curb before it starts, call this
Number
From your cell phone 888-382-1222. You must call from the phone you
want to block. It is the National Do Not Call list. It blocks your
number for 5 years and only takes you about 23 seconds to complete
the process.

MsDrmr
12-09-2004, 10:06 AM
thanks, calling it now,,hate those phone calls, especially when I am paying for the call.... :devil:

mirvin
12-09-2004, 10:09 AM
WHassup JP?? Thanks for the info.
BTW, I keep getting these annoying mailers from the LA Times......So's I calls em up and I says I says to the guy "hey, take me off your mailing list dammit" and he says back to me "no can do boss, we don't have a mailing list cuz it's all auto matic through the puter see"........So the guy proceeds to tell me they have no way of removing me from the mailing list. What a croc of crap.
Terds....
mirvin :wink:

MsDrmr
12-09-2004, 10:10 AM
Just called, it's identifies itself as a gov agent, you can also do it online at www.donotcall.gov.
says allow three mos to activate. If in three mos you receive a call, you can file a complaint.

HM
12-09-2004, 10:42 AM
yes....the www.donotcall.gov is the best place as you can put multiple #'s.
3 months to activate, but if you have been called by a telemarketer in the last 6 months they can still call you for 6 months. also, any company you have done business with can still call you up to 6 months after the last transaction. Even though you show up in 3 months, the government will not take any actions on complaints until after 6 months of being on the list.
The government has made the do not call list very easy to aquire by telemarketers and they are actually doing their best to not call as there are stiff penalties. They are allowed to use error as an excuse on the first 1 or 2 times they call a number on the do not call list. It is very easy to lodge a complaint, just make sure you get the name of the company and a telephone #.
There is a big fight in federal court on this. It looks like it will probably stay as law, but the penalties will be nothing as penalties are for actual damages...which there is none except being annoyed. That is why NO ONE has been made to pay any fines on unsolicited faxes...the damage is ink and paper...about $0.02 in damage. My suggestion is just hang up.
also, there is a do not mail list as well.
I do direct mail advertising and have a group of telemarketers that call up the people that respond. We check all #'s against the do not call list and take extra CYA steps when calling people on the do not call list that have asked us to call them.

WaTchTheGelCoat
12-09-2004, 10:43 AM
Persoanlly it doesnt really bother me when they call.
put phone down for a minute or two, pick phone back up, "who are you calling for again?" put phone down for another two minutes, go make a bowl a cereal, pick up the phone again, begin talking while chewing on my cereal with obnoxious chomping and finlly when they are done with their sales pitch telling them no thanks.

HM
12-09-2004, 10:46 AM
Persoanlly it doesnt really bother me when they call.
Me neither....I actually turn the tables and try to recruit them into my pyramid business...it is good practice, and I actually have gotten a couple to join! It is funny to hear them try to figure out how to hang up on me.

topless
12-09-2004, 10:50 AM
The only thing about this that pisses me of is that WE have to pay for the incoming call. GRRRRRRRRR :hammer2: :hammer2: :hammer2:

WaTchTheGelCoat
12-09-2004, 10:54 AM
The only thing about this that pisses me of is that WE have to pay for the incoming call. GRRRRRRRRR :hammer2: :hammer2: :hammer2:
Not with Nextel. :D

topless
12-09-2004, 10:55 AM
Not with Nextel. :DVerizon used to send me spam on text messages that I had to pay for. What a joke!!!!

Unforgiven
12-09-2004, 10:58 AM
Verizon used to send me spam on text messages that I had to pay for. What a joke!!!!
Topless, your still on my "I WANT TO DO LIST!!!

MsDrmr
12-09-2004, 10:59 AM
Verizon used to send me spam on text messages that I had to pay for. What a joke!!!!
yeah..me too :mad: