PDA

View Full Version : carb or inject

squirt
03-01-2001, 07:15 PM
I'm putting togeather an old jet. I have picked up a 427 bbc with all the goddies of a 70's monster. I must chuck out m/t alum. rods 12.5-1 jugs and all the stuff that won't work on pump fuel. motor came with an old time algon mech. injection (just like hillborne) after I get motor broke in I would really like to run this set-up but I don't know if this is a good idea but it look real sweet. there are other set up questions I have since this is my 1st jet but I'll wait for them. any info will help

jroos
03-02-2001, 09:58 PM
ARE YOU AN IDIOT!

jroos
03-02-2001, 10:04 PM
ARE YOU AN IDIOT! Hell, Grandma was old but she wan`t born yesterday. Really, do you expect me to believe this BS?

squirt
03-03-2001, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by jroos:
ARE YOU AN IDIOT! Hell, Grandma was old but she wan`t born yesterday. Really, do you expect me to believe this BS?
grandma dont care shes dead but I'm not. This is no line of crap but I haven't put togeather a motor for power in alot of years. since I found this old-timer with the injection and have actualy found old man algon himself, he thought I would be able to run it but he is an old dragster guy not a jet boat guy. If you don't have an opnion thats o.k. I just thought with all the bouncing and shaking on the water the mech injec. would be a good thing plus it can add alot of h.p. and I'm just guessing but I think I will need around 500 of them to go 65 mph in a 19.5 foot. If you have any knowledge of these things I would appreacate your opnion. but if you think I'm just blowin smoke don't waste your time.

Jetmugg
04-04-2001, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by squirt:
I'm putting togeather an old jet. I have picked up a 427 bbc with all the goddies of a 70's monster. I must chuck out m/t alum. rods 12.5-1 jugs and all the stuff that won't work on pump fuel. motor came with an old time algon mech. injection (just like hillborne) after I get motor broke in I would really like to run this set-up but I don't know if this is a good idea but it look real sweet. there are other set up questions I have since this is my 1st jet but I'll wait for them. any info will help
Go for it. If you have contacted someone who can make the injection work, it seems like it would be an awesome setup. There may even be a market for your old pistons and rods. The other consideration would be the cam for your application. I'd certainly recommend contacting MPD, to see what Jack's recommendations are - he is THE MAN!
SteveM

squirt
04-04-2001, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Jetmugg:
Go for it. If you have contacted someone who can make the injection work, it seems like it would be an awesome setup. There may even be a market for your old pistons and rods. The other consideration would be the cam for your application. I'd certainly recommend contacting MPD, to see what Jack's recommendations are - he is THE MAN!
Thanks for our support hope this is gonna work
SteveM

squirt
04-04-2001, 07:29 PM
Thanks Steve I appreciate your thoughts as you can tell I would like to run it but I don't wan't want to try to break the motor in while dialing in this injection system. Unfortunatly old man Algon the designer kind of told me how to set it up to run but said he is no longer involved in making things go cause he is retired and in his 80,s Thanks again Don Capone CA.

superdave013
04-05-2001, 10:54 AM
I run a mech. injection system (Enderly) and have no problems. I would have it flowed before you start. Pumps go bad after they sit for a long time. Kinsler, Hilborne or Ralph Goore can flow it. That will get you in the ball park before you start.