PDA

View Full Version : Hey Mrs. Flying Vee, hot pictures for you

rrrr
12-09-2004, 08:55 PM
Heheh, hot water that is. Thought you might like checking this out. When we remodeled our house I moved one of the water heaters up to the attic so we would have more closet space. It became apparent that the additional 40' of pipe made for long hot water waits, so I installed a circulator with a time clock and a return line. I installed a check valve on the return so hot water would be there if the pump wasn't running. You like my insulating job? :D
Being lazy, I bought the check valve at Lowe's, big mistake. It was a vertical swing check with a bronze disc, and the turbulence deposited crap all over the disc. I had to clean it out every couple of months. So today I installed an angle check with a nylon seat. That'll take care of the problem.
I thought you might like to suggest a recirc system to your customers. It's pretty cool turning on the shower and having instant hot water.
Our attic is the shlt. We built a 175 SF air conditioned storage room with metal studs and drywall. When we redid the house, I ran CAT 5 voice and data lines to every room, along with RG-6 twinax. The termination box is pictured. It has punchdown blocks for voice and data along with amplified splitters for cable. The other box is our alarm system. Check out the phone, how many of you can answer the phone in the attic? :D
My DSL modem and router are in the box, it makes it easy to keep everything neat. It's really nice having the storage space, everything nice and clean.
Check out my 1964 Fender Champ in the fourth picture, it ROCKS! :D
http://www.harm.net/gallery/rrrr/100_0650.jpg
http://www.harm.net/gallery/rrrr/100_0651.jpg
http://www.harm.net/gallery/rrrr/100_0652.jpg
http://www.harm.net/gallery/rrrr/100_0653.jpg
http://www.harm.net/gallery/rrrr/100_0654.jpg

MRS FLYIN VEE
12-09-2004, 09:00 PM
wow.. great job.. the insulation is very clean. the recirculating line is an awesome thing to have in any house. specially if it is two stories.. we have one on a timer also. and we install them in all two stories and offer it to single if the house 's fixtures are to far from the heater..
great job.. ;) :D

hot_diggity_dog
12-09-2004, 09:11 PM
rrr Sweet job!!! :cool:
I have a similar set up, but two of each. I put half of the house on one water heater with recirc loop, and pump on a timer. And did the same on the other side of the house, also both loops are tied togher with a shut off valve incase one water heater goes down. :smile:
HDD :cool:

HOSS
12-09-2004, 09:19 PM
Damn, thought we would get some downblouse shots or something.

MRS FLYIN VEE
12-09-2004, 09:20 PM
rrr Sweet job!!! :cool:
I have a similar set up, but two of each. I put half of the house on one water heater with recirc loop, and pump on a timer. And did the same on the other side of the house, also both loops are tied togher with a shut off valve incase one water heater goes down. :smile:
HDD :cool:
wow so that means you always have the wife in hot water.. LOL!! :D

Debbolas
12-09-2004, 09:24 PM
It that like that hot water heater that is really expensive but heats the water only in the pipe? Much more effecient.. ;)

rrrr
12-09-2004, 09:25 PM
Damn, thought we would get some downblouse shots or something.
Hang on, Hoss. I still have the camera out. Uh, or were you talking about female breastisees?
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :D :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
12-09-2004, 09:25 PM
It that like that hot water heater that is really expensive but heats the water only in the pipe? Much more effecient.. ;)
no it is a pipe that has a constant flow of hot water so when you turn on a fixture you do not have to wait for hot water. :shift:

MRS FLYIN VEE
12-09-2004, 09:26 PM
Hang on, Hoss. I still have the camera out. Uh, or were you talking about female breastisees?
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :D :D
LMAO!! :D

HOSS
12-09-2004, 09:27 PM
Only female bro. Now me lookin` at my own wang is,,,,well,,,,pretty cool.

HOSS
12-09-2004, 09:28 PM
Sometimes I sit in front of the mirror just looking at myself naked. Even eating a can of pork and beans for a quick pick me up.

rrrr
12-09-2004, 09:28 PM
You are talkin' about a instantaneous water heater. It flows water through it at regular system pressures and heats it as it passes. That menas you aren't paying to store hot water in a tank. I'm prolly going to convert to that in the next couple of years. They save money.
The savings are OK with an electric one, but natural gas instantaneous units really rock.
They cost around $2K, but there is a reasonable payback period.

Debbolas
12-09-2004, 09:29 PM
no it is a pipe that has a constant flow of hot water so when you turn on a fixture you do not have to wait for hot water. :shift:
I like that.............is it expensive?
Do you know the hot water heater I am talking about?
(remember I've had champaingle and am ((kinda)) drunk sorta like)

MRS FLYIN VEE
12-09-2004, 09:30 PM
You are talkin' about a instantaneous water heater. It flows water through it at regular system pressures and heats it as it passes. That menas you aren't paying to store hot water in a tank. I'm prolly going to convert to that in the next couple of years. They save money.
The savings are OK with an electric one, but natural gas instantaneous units really rock.
make sure you do your shopping for them.. they tend to lack pressure and sometimes when you turn on a fixture and another at the same time you loose hot water and pressure. ;)

rrrr
12-09-2004, 09:31 PM
LOL, see my edited post above yours, you drunk. :D :D

Debbolas
12-09-2004, 09:36 PM
LOL, see my edited post above yours, you drunk. :D :D
Opps.................. :wink:
Thanks!

Mrs CP 19
12-09-2004, 10:56 PM
make sure you do your shopping for them.. they tend to lack pressure and sometimes when you turn on a fixture and another at the same time you loose hot water and pressure. ;)
Have a takagi tankless and it is great. Doesn't have the pressure problem like the bosch. Just have to get a big enough tank for the application. This is a whole house tankless.