PDA

View Full Version : I miss my friend.

KACHINA KEN
12-10-2004, 12:45 AM
I went through the day after hearing the news about Darrell and I was holding up fine, I was working a show today so i was really occupied.
I just got home and it's all sinking in, I cried for the first time in 2 years and it didnt really help. I don't understand why this would happen, I dont understand any of this. Darrell never hurt anyone, he was the oldest living teenager. This is bullshit, I cant deal with this right now.

Rexone
12-10-2004, 01:03 AM
This really sucks. What the hell is wrong with these assholes these days. Why can't anyone go bezerk on the bad guys in society. :(
So sorry Ken :(

rrrr
12-10-2004, 11:13 AM
Ken, sorry about the loss of your friend. Everything I have read about Darrell states what a good hearted genuine person he was.
If you are up to it, there are several articles in today's Dallas Morning News about Dimebag. You may have to sign up to view, but it easy to do.
Dallas Morning News (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/121004dnmetabbott.36151.html)

rrrr
12-10-2004, 03:29 PM
Bump, how about giving KK some support here? Bad enough to lose a friend, but under those circumstances it's really hard to accept......

Flyinbowtie
12-10-2004, 03:42 PM
Dealing with the death of a friend is tough enough.
When that death is the result of a murder, which makes no sense whatsoever, it is even tougher.
Hang in there, Ken.

ratso
12-10-2004, 03:44 PM
Where do these nut jobs come from??? :mad:

Kachina26
12-10-2004, 03:46 PM
I felt bad when I heard about it, I had no idea that it hit close to home for you. I'm very sorry :(

lurid
12-10-2004, 03:47 PM
sorry for your loss
a Pantera fan

MsDrmr
12-10-2004, 05:03 PM
I don't get it either, some people just are a-holes. They obviously do not understand the value of anothers persons life,. They dont' stop to think think that the person they are killin is someones friend, son, brother or what have you....
I am so sorry for your loss :mad:

mirvin
12-10-2004, 05:40 PM
Ken, I'm so sorry about your freind. I know lots of people are pretty f'd up over this. Most of my bro's cant even talk about it :(
It's been very difficult. I don't even want to begin to think about how this is gonna effect our everyday lives. The next time some fool jumps on stage I'm gonna have a hard time not taking his head off with my bass........
Dimebag Darrell was a one of a kind American original and he will be missed.
mirvin :(

Mrs CP 19
12-10-2004, 05:44 PM
This is such a shame. So sorry for your loss. Jill

Dr. Eagle
12-10-2004, 05:50 PM
I'll never understand what brings this kind of stuff out of people. What posseses them? I am as puzzled as all of you are. I am so sorry for this tragedy...

KACHINA KEN
12-10-2004, 08:18 PM
You guys are the best.
I am finding out the funeral plans tomorrow, I dont know if it will be public or private, I'll keep you posted. Vin went home with Darrells body today. Please pray for the Abbotts family.

MsDrmr
12-10-2004, 08:20 PM
You guys are the best.
I am finding out the funeral plans tomorrow, I dont know if it will be public or private, I'll keep you posted. Vin went home with Darrells body today. Please pray for the Abbotts family.
you got it,, anything else we can do?

rrrr
12-10-2004, 08:43 PM
You guys are the best.
I'm speaking from experience, so please allow me to do this....
Ken, this will be tough, and I'm thinking about you. Think about your friend. Laugh at good memories. Remember the fun times. Relive the moments when you admired his skills. Picture his smiling face and glowing eyes. Cry when you think about the serious discussions you had.
Look around you and see all those people that he touched. They all have the same memories; an honest man that enjoyed life and was taken too soon.
As time passes, keep his memory alive by thinking about the good times you had together. The passage of many years will not dim the experiences you had; it will make you think of him and recall the good times together. Do not let this tragedy separate you from your friend; make it a bond that will last until you are called to meet him again.

KACHINA KEN
12-15-2004, 12:02 AM
The family is going to have a private funeral, nobody except very close family friends which I am rightfully not included in since I am biz related mostly are going to be in attendence. Jeff Thompson whom I never met is also being buried in Arlington/Dallas this week. He was his bodyguard. Everyone is doing a little better now that acceptence is setting in.
As it turns out there were some very valiant efforts on the part of some locals at the show including one of the victims. He was trying to administer CPR to Darrell when he looked up only to be blasted in the face by the shooter Gale. Please continue to add the Abbott family in your prayers, they are in hell this Christmas season.