PDA

View Full Version : How would you feel if Iran said they wanted to wipe the US off the map?

MagicMtnDan
04-18-2006, 06:31 AM
Why does the world accept the words of this very dangerous madman without reacting? How can Iran, a member of the UN, be allowed to talk this way about another member country of the UN?
This is the first time in history that a country's leader, who sees suicide bombing as a path to meeting virgins in heaven, has nuclear weapons. We are headed towards what could be the darkest time in the history of this planet if this madman is allowed to build a nuclear weapons aresenal.
TEHRAN, Iran — The president of Iran again lashed out at Israel on Friday and said it was "heading toward annihilation," just days after Tehran raised fears about its nuclear activities by saying it successfully enriched uranium for the first time.
President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad called Israel a "permanent threat" to the Middle East that will "soon" be liberated. He also appeared to again question whether the Holocaust really happened.
"Like it or not, the Zionist regime is heading toward annihilation," Ahmadinejad said at the opening of a conference in support of the Palestinians. "The Zionist regime is a rotten, dried tree that will be eliminated by one storm."
Iran's supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, in his address to the conference, accused the United States of plotting to bring the Mideast region under Israeli control.
Ahmadinejad provoked a world outcry in October when he said Israel should be "wiped off the map."
On Friday, he repeated his previous line on the Holocaust, saying: "If such a disaster is true, why should the people of this region pay the price? Why does the Palestinian nation have to be suppressed and have its land occupied?"

IMPATIENT 1
04-18-2006, 06:54 AM
I'm Tired Of This Shiat.lets Just Wipe The Whole Middle East Off The Map And Be Done With It.imagine How Peacefull The World Would Be Without All The ..ckin Rag Heads. Iran Would Fall Just Like Iraq Did. Its The Pussy Ass Cleanin Up That Gets The U.s. In Trouble.
Level The Entire Middle East And Watch The World Progress!!

spectratoad
04-18-2006, 07:10 AM
Well my take is that all these liberal pukes keep saying we are over there for oil right?
Well we go over there then, own the countries in question and take over the oil fields. Lots of stuff happens:
1. The liberals can say, "we told you so"
2. These rebel countries are gone.
3. We own the oil and prices come down and we also make lots of money selling it to the rest of the world.
4. We save alot of money because we pay millions to these countries already for "friendly nation" status. :mad:

BadKachina
04-18-2006, 07:16 AM
It's too bad that the Iranians are dumb enough to launch a nuclear bomb at Isreal and think the world won't retaliate against them. It will happen, and we will do it back to them, and then what? What did they solve? How many people will die?
I just can't believe they are so stubborn and ignorant............

cdog
04-18-2006, 07:17 AM
Cut off all aid and drop off some nukes. They will instigate WW3. :crossx:

Dave C
04-18-2006, 07:21 AM
Israel will probably strike at Iran before they get the nuke. They have done it before in the 1980's against Iraq and the U.S. had to ask them not strike Iraq during the gulf war.
Israel is going to hand out an ass whooping just like they did three times before.
Also I saw a defense official describing what it would take to get to Iran's nuclear weapons because they are in several layers of hardened bunkers. He said it would take at least 1000 sorties. He then stated that we do have the capability to destroy those targets.

Dave C
04-18-2006, 07:25 AM
actually I was watching a show about the Pakistani scientist who is responsible for Pakistan's nukes. He got in trouble with the Pakistani government and was fired.
After he developed their bomb he then started consulting with countries like Iran, North Korea and anyone else with $$ including Al-Queda. He is the one that gave Iran the technical knowledge to build the bomb and helped N. Korea enrich urianium.
We can all thank this guy for any Islamic country who builds the bomb.
What is even scarier is that some of these clowns think it is their right to stike the U.S. to "defend" themselves. But they sound like they want to use it offensively(pre-emptively) rather than defensively.
This is some scary shiat, because a nuke attack might come from a terrorist group and we will not have a country to retaliate against.!!

Howie Feltersnatch
04-18-2006, 07:35 AM
Same reason they put up with the exact same kind of talk from N. Korea (exept they have actually successfully tested long range missiles) - the odds that they can and will actually do something are very, very slim. You don't bomb everybody that shoots therir mouth off or you'll run out of bombs (and people to bomb). They're like a child screaming in a restaurant - looking for attention, they'll get a little, and they'll settle down. Happens every 20 years or so.
And don't forget the reason Israel has nukes is because of their continued spying on the US - they have a long histiry of doing so, mostly with the money we give them every year.
Just one of many cases:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Pollard

Tom Brown
04-18-2006, 07:40 AM
How would you feel if Iran said they wanted to wipe the US off the map?
I'd be OK with it. :cool:

Dave C
04-18-2006, 08:10 AM
I hope canada becomes collateral damage... then we can take their endless stockpiles of Molson......

Biglue
04-18-2006, 08:19 AM
You know for the money those fockers in that region make from us in oil, they could be a little more tolerable of our "way of life" and not talk so much shit and hatred. They get one or two nuclear weapons and they want to start talking all Scarface and shit. Half those countries had our aid at one point or another in history.
I say fock it and parking lot the whole region and call it state number 51. We are America motherfockers........WE WILL kick that ass if you keep talking shit. Look at President Bush, he had no reason to go after Hussein. Give us a reason.....we dare ya. :crossx:

Biglue
04-18-2006, 08:23 AM
actually I was watching a show about the Pakistani scientist who is responsible for Pakistan's nukes. He got in trouble with the Pakistani government and was fired.
After he developed their bomb he then started consulting with countries like Iran, North Korea and anyone else with $$ including Al-Queda. He is the one that gave Iran the technical knowledge to build the bomb and helped N. Korea enrich urianium.
We can all thank this guy for any Islamic country who builds the bomb.
What is even scarier is that some of these clowns think it is their right to stike the U.S. to "defend" themselves. But they sound like they want to use it offensively(pre-emptively) rather than defensively.
This is some scary shiat, because a nuke attack might come from a terrorist group and we will not have a country to retaliate against.!!
True, but if you knock their country on their back side like Afghanistan for aiding and abetting the Taliban, I bet you they would be a little more cooperative. I mean, who wants to live in a war zone over some shit you have nothing to do with? Just my .02.

Liberator TJ1984
04-18-2006, 08:24 AM
If they are gonna try it ???
Let's go over there and show them how it's done First :idea:
wanna make sure they do it Right :crossx:

dirty old man
04-18-2006, 08:26 AM
DAN; This is how the headline should read;
Iran still closed off; scientists estimate it will take at least 10 more years before radioactivity decreases to safe levels.
Thats harsh, but better then than us

Dave C
04-18-2006, 08:28 AM
Iraq is the reason they are talking shiat.... After Bush bitch-slapped the Iraqi dictator all the other dictators in the region are getting nervous that they might be next.
Iran seems to think if they have a nuke that we won't do to them what we did to Iraq.
But they wrongly assume that we are gonna let them have a nuke in the first place

Havasu Cig
04-18-2006, 08:42 AM
Same reason they put up with the exact same kind of talk from N. Korea (exept they have actually successfully tested long range missiles) - the odds that they can and will actually do something are very, very slim. You don't bomb everybody that shoots therir mouth off or you'll run out of bombs (and people to bomb). They're like a child screaming in a restaurant - looking for attention, they'll get a little, and they'll settle down. Happens every 20 years or so.
And don't forget the reason Israel has nukes is because of their continued spying on the US - they have a long histiry of doing so, mostly with the money we give them every year.
Just one of many cases:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Pollard
Iran is not North Korea. North Korea has China watching it, and China will react if needed. North Korea also is not a terrorist state such as Iran. North Korea worries me, but not like Iran. It's like apples to oranges.

riverracerx
04-18-2006, 08:56 AM
Don't mess with Israel. They will F you up. They have what it takes to start and end a war. They also have the best air force in the middle east.
If the threat becomes severe you can bet your ass Israel will take care of the problem immediately. And if they don't..don't think for one minute the US won't step in.
There will never be peace in the middle east.

dirty old man
04-18-2006, 09:10 AM
riverracerx, you are correct. I'm waiting to see what Israel does about yesterdays bombing

Stoneman
04-18-2006, 09:16 AM
I could handle waking up in the morning and hearing it was 12,000 degrees in Iran! :crossx:

hbpdub
04-18-2006, 09:34 AM
After reading this, I think that it's time we do away with the entire middle east.
The U.S. Govt’s
Secret Colorado
Oil Discovery
Hidden 1,000 feet beneath the surface of the Rocky Mountains lies the largest untapped oil reserve in the world — more than 2 TRILLION barrels. On August 8, 2005 President Bush mandated its extraction. Three companies have been chosen to lead the way. Test drilling has already begun…
Five months ago, the U.S. Energy Department announced the results of a land survey…
It was conducted to determine the official amount of oil a thousand feet deep in the Rocky Mountains…
They reported this stunning news:
We have more oil inside our borders, than all the other proven reserves on earth.
Here are the official estimates:
* 8-times as much oil as Saudi Arabia
* 18-times as much oil as Iraq
* 21-times as much oil as Kuwait
* 22-times as much oil as Iran
* 500-times as much oil as Yemen
…And it’s all right here in the Western United States.
James Bartis, lead researcher with the study says, “We’ve got more oil in this very compact area than the entire Middle East.”
More than 2 TRILLION barrels. Untapped.
“That’s more than all the proven oil reserves of crude oil in the world today,” reports The Denver Post.
When asked about America’s least-publicized oil supply, Utah Senator Orrin Hatch said:
“The amounts of oil are staggering. Who would have guessed that in just Colorado and Utah, there is more recoverable oil than in the Middle East?”
Here’s the kicker…
The U.S. government already owns the land. It’s been right there under our noses the whole time.
In fact, the government’s appointed a small group of companies to begin the drilling.
There are over 16,000 square miles of oil shale in the Green River formation...
Each acre holds 2 million barrels of oil — it’s the most concentrated energy source on earth, according to the Energy Department.
The federal government owns 80% of this oil-rich land.
In fact, the government placed protective legislation on this land in 1930, forbidding anyone to touch it.
You see, the government always knew this land was saturated with oil — but getting it out has always been expensive.
Buying oil from foreign countries was always the cheaper bet. It has been for the past 80 years.
Wisely, the government kept the land around for a “rainy day”, protecting it with 1930s legislation.
I’m sure you’re aware of today’s situation at the gas pump. Buying oil from foreign countries has gotten out of hand. The price of oil is sky-high. It’s way too expensive to keep buying foreign oil. In other words, the “rainy day” has finally arrived.
The timing couldn’t be more perfect. Oil shale technologies have begun to advance – drastically.
Companies are coming up with ways to extract oil from the Green River Formation very cheaply.
For example, one Utah-based company says it can extract the oil for as little as $10 a barrel. In fact dozens of companies have stepped forward with similar claims. With oil prices approaching $70 a barrel – these are pretty significant breakthroughs.
That’s all the government needed to hear.
On August 8, 2005, President Bush signed into law, a mandate lifting the protective legislation on the Green River Formation.
This mandate is called The Energy Policy Act of 2005. It calls for the opening phases of oil extraction in the Green River Formation – the world’s most concentrated energy source.
We’re finally ready to tap the largest oil reserve on the planet… :crossx:

Keith E. Sayre
04-18-2006, 09:46 AM
RRX--you are 100% correct. Iran will never see it coming and it will be harsh
and then it'll be over with quicker than Iran can believe. I can't believe that
Iran is so stupid to even start that talk. They have no idea what they are
starting. If Israel does hit first, who could possibly blame them after what
this idiot has said publicly?
Keith Sayre

dirty old man
04-18-2006, 10:07 AM
Problem is, Israel has to get our permission and we keep holding them back. With Sheron gone, I don't know who has the balls to do what they used to do

riverracerx
04-18-2006, 10:35 AM
There are eyes watching Iran. They won't be able to do much without Israel getting tipped off. Decisions happen quickly when things like that escalate and no one will know where the permission came from. It will just happen. And no one may ever know who pulled the trigger?

axkiker
04-18-2006, 11:00 AM
From my understanding isreal is one of the few countries that the US really feels would be a threat if we were to go to war with them. They have the strongest Air force in the world and some of the most elite ground teams ever assembled. Hell we bring their guys over here to train some of our special forces. Plus if you are into religion the bible says isreal will never fall. So looks like either way they must be some bad dudes.

Keith E. Sayre
04-18-2006, 11:11 AM
I'd say Israel has the most determined and driven people on the planet.
They live as though they have nothing to lose. After wwII they took what
was given to them by the UN--at that time it was all unused and unwanted
land that had largely been abandoned by the Palestinians and noone is going
to take it from them. Least of all a bunch of rag tag camel jockies from Iran
that can barely operate a subterfuge or whatever their called, heck I can't
even spell it!
This whole deal with Iran gets me fired up. Don't know why.
Keith SAyre

OliverM5
04-18-2006, 11:43 AM
My family is originally from Iran, and has been living in the United States for over 27 years now. We were forced out of the country during the late 70's revolution and left everything we had worked for in Iran, coming to the US with almost nothing.....
I agree with everything you guys are saying - if Iran keeps this shiat up, they are gonna get some ass whipping......they deserve it too!! :mad:

Havasu Cig
04-18-2006, 02:28 PM
From my understanding isreal is one of the few countries that the US really feels would be a threat if we were to go to war with them. They have the strongest Air force in the world and some of the most elite ground teams ever assembled. Hell we bring their guys over here to train some of our special forces. Plus if you are into religion the bible says isreal will never fall. So looks like either way they must be some bad dudes.
There is no military in the world that can match the U.S. Israel may be the big boys on the block in the middle east (excluding our forces there now) but they don't compare at all to our military.

MagicMtnDan
04-18-2006, 02:37 PM
After reading this, I think that it's time we do away with the entire middle east.
The U.S. Govt’s
Secret Colorado
Oil Discovery
Hidden 1,000 feet beneath the surface of the Rocky Mountains lies the largest untapped oil reserve in the world — more than 2 TRILLION barrels. On August 8, 2005 President Bush mandated its extraction. Three companies have been chosen to lead the way. Test drilling has already begun…
Five months ago, the U.S. Energy Department announced the results of a land survey…
It was conducted to determine the official amount of oil a thousand feet deep in the Rocky Mountains…
They reported this stunning news:
We have more oil inside our borders, than all the other proven reserves on earth.
James Bartis, lead researcher with the study says, “We’ve got more oil in this very compact area than the entire Middle East.”
More than 2 TRILLION barrels. Untapped.
“That’s more than all the proven oil reserves of crude oil in the world today,” reports The Denver Post.
When asked about America’s least-publicized oil supply, Utah Senator Orrin Hatch said:
“The amounts of oil are staggering. Who would have guessed that in just Colorado and Utah, there is more recoverable oil than in the Middle East?”
Here’s the kicker…
The U.S. government already owns the land. It’s been right there under our noses the whole time.
In fact, the government’s appointed a small group of companies to begin the drilling.
There are over 16,000 square miles of oil shale in the Green River formation...
Each acre holds 2 million barrels of oil — it’s the most concentrated energy source on earth, according to the Energy Department.
The federal government owns 80% of this oil-rich land.
In fact, the government placed protective legislation on this land in 1930, forbidding anyone to touch it.
You see, the government always knew this land was saturated with oil — but getting it out has always been expensive.
Buying oil from foreign countries was always the cheaper bet. It has been for the past 80 years.
Wisely, the government kept the land around for a “rainy day”, protecting it with 1930s legislation.
I’m sure you’re aware of today’s situation at the gas pump. Buying oil from foreign countries has gotten out of hand. The price of oil is sky-high. It’s way too expensive to keep buying foreign oil. In other words, the “rainy day” has finally arrived.
The timing couldn’t be more perfect. Oil shale technologies have begun to advance – drastically.
Companies are coming up with ways to extract oil from the Green River Formation very cheaply.
For example, one Utah-based company says it can extract the oil for as little as $10 a barrel. In fact dozens of companies have stepped forward with similar claims. With oil prices approaching $70 a barrel – these are pretty significant breakthroughs.
That’s all the government needed to hear.
On August 8, 2005, President Bush signed into law, a mandate lifting the protective legislation on the Green River Formation.
This mandate is called The Energy Policy Act of 2005. It calls for the opening phases of oil extraction in the Green River Formation – the world’s most concentrated energy source.
We’re finally ready to tap the largest oil reserve on the planet… :crossx:
Uh, not exactly. It's not "oil" it's "oil shale."
What Is Oil Shale?
Oil shale
The term oil shale generally refers to any sedimentary rock that contains solid bituminous materials (called kerogen) that are released as petroleum-like liquids when the rock is heated in the chemical process of pyrolysis. Oil shale was formed millions of years ago by deposition of silt and organic debris on lake beds and sea bottoms. Over long periods of time, heat and pressure transformed the materials into oil shale in a process similar to the process that forms oil; however, the heat and pressure were not as great. Oil shale generally contains enough oil that it will burn without any additional processing, and it is known as "the rock that burns".
Oil shale can be mined and processed to generate oil similar to oil pumped from conventional oil wells; however, extracting oil from oil shale is more complex than conventional oil recovery and currently is more expensive. The oil substances in oil shale are solid and cannot be pumped directly out of the ground. The oil shale must first be mined and then heated to a high temperature (a process called retorting); the resultant liquid must then be separated and collected. An alternative but currently experimental process referred to as in situ retorting involves heating the oil shale while it is still underground, and then pumping the resulting liquid to the surface.
Oil Shale Resources
While oil shale is found in many places worldwide, by far the largest deposits in the world are found in the United States in the Green River Formation, which covers portions of Colorado, Utah, and Wyoming. Estimates of the oil resource in place within the Green River Formation range from 1.2 to 1.8 trillion barrels. Not all resources in place are recoverable; however, even a moderate estimate of 800 billion barrels of recoverable oil from oil shale in the Green River Formation is three times greater than the proven oil reserves of Saudi Arabia. Present U.S. demand for petroleum products is about 20 million barrels per day. If oil shale could be used to meet a quarter of that demand, the estimated 800 billion barrels of recoverable oil from the Green River Formation would last for more than 400 years1.
More than 70% of the total oil shale acreage in the Green River Formation, including the richest and thickest oil shale deposits, is under federally owned and managed lands. Thus, the federal government directly controls access to the most commercially attractive portions of the oil shale resource base.
The Oil Shale Industry
While oil shale has been used as fuel and as a source of oil in small quantities for many years, few countries currently produce oil from oil shale on a significant commercial level. Many countries do not have significant oil shale resources, but in those countries that do have significant oil shale resources, the oil shale industry has not developed because historically, the cost of oil derived from oil shale has been significantly higher than conventional pumped oil. The lack of commercial viability of oil shale-derived oil has in turn inhibited the development of better technologies that might reduce its cost.
Relatively high prices for conventional oil in the 1970s and 1980s stimulated interest and some development of better oil shale technology, but oil prices eventually fell, and major research and development activities largely ceased. More recently, prices for crude oil have again risen to levels that may make oil shale-based oil production commercially viable, and both governments and industry are interested in pursuing the development of oil shale as an alternative to conventional oil.
Oil Shale Mining and Processing
Oil shale can be mined using one of two methods: underground mining using the room-and-pillar method or surface mining. After mining, the oil shale is transported to a facility for retorting. The vessel in which retorting takes place is known as a retort. After retorting, the oil must be upgraded by further processing before it can be sent to a refinery, and the spent shale must be disposed of, often by putting it back into the mine. Eventually, the mined land is reclaimed. Both mining and processing of oil shale involve a variety of environmental impacts, such as global warming and greenhouse gas emissions, disturbance of mined land, disposal of spent shale, use of water resources, and impacts on air and water quality. The development of a commercial oil shale industry in the United States would also have significant social and economic impacts on local communities. Other impediments to development of the oil shale industry in the United States include the relatively high cost of producing oil from oil shale (currently greater than $60 per barrel), and the lack of regulations to lease oil shale.
Source: http://ostseis.anl.gov/guide/oilshale/index.cfm

riverracerx
04-18-2006, 03:13 PM
Shale Schmail :p

FLEA DIDDY
04-18-2006, 03:22 PM
I do mortgage refi's and one of my borrowers just happens to work at the pentagon for Lockhead Martin he is somekinda defense logistics planner something like that. I asked him what he thought about the Iran issue and he pretty much said that it will be the toughest war the U.S. will ever fight in. He wasn't giving any top secret info but said they did an analysis and it would cost the U.S 250k lives to win against Iran. He also said that Iran's armed forces ARE NOT a rag tag bunch of morons in shorts and sandels, they have an outstanding army that is very well trained. Irans only fault is they use alot of Soviet weapons that the aquired from the Saoviet/ Afganastan war in the 80's. Anyways it's gonna be a hella fight if we have to crack heads overthere. :rollside:

MagicMtnDan
04-18-2006, 03:32 PM
I do mortgage refi's and one of my borrowers just happens to work at the pentagon for Lockhead Martin he is somekinda defense logistics planner something like that. I asked him what he thought about the Iran issue and he pretty much said that it will be the toughest war the U.S. will ever fight in. He wasn't giving any top secret info but said they did an analysis and it would cost the U.S 250k lives to win against Iran. He also said that Iran's armed forces ARE NOT a rag tag bunch of morons in shorts and sandels, they have an outstanding army that is very well trained. Irans only fault is they use alot of Soviet weapons that the aquired from the Saoviet/ Afganastan war in the 80's. Anyways it's gonna be a hella fight if we have to crack heads overthere. :rollside:
Perhaps but what you appear to be talking about is a ground war.
This is one war that would be fought from the air and we wouldn't go in there and establish a government. There are enough (MANY) Iranians who are very unhappy with their current government and the mullahs and they would gladly create a new more modern government far less radical than the one they're oppressed by now.

Liberator TJ1984
04-18-2006, 03:34 PM
That's why we don't need to involve Liberals in this matter :rolleyes:
One Bomb , one Button ....no senseless wasting of American Lives !
in a War it is exactly that !! War... :mad:
You have to use all recources availible and strike First :crossx:

STOKER909
04-18-2006, 04:14 PM
"They reported this stunning news:
More than 2 TRILLION barrels. Untapped."
REad this article on Synthetically produces fuels. This and Biofuel production is the only hope to shut off funds to the killing machine that is ironically funded by America.
http://www.billingsgazette.com/newdex.php?display=rednews/2005/08/02/build/state/25-coal-fuel.inc

Havasu Cig
04-18-2006, 04:20 PM
Bull$hit!! They said the same thing about Iraq leading up to the Gulf War. They estimated 10k U.S. dead during the ground campain alone. During the Iran Iraq war, the Iraqi's were the better trained better equiped military, but Iran had more #'s. Read up on some battles during that war and you will find that they are no better trained than the Iraqi army that we handled fairly easily.

river redy
04-18-2006, 04:26 PM
My son is on the USS Mobile Bay a Navy Crusier patroling over there right now according to his e-mails in which he cannot give accurate positions but he says that will be out there for the next 5 months waiting, I have been on his ship and the amount of Tomahawks aboard and the fire power makes me feel safe here in the USA!!!

Tyson Ross
04-18-2006, 05:26 PM
I'll never forget seeing on TV, all the tanks, 9 miles wide I think they claimed cruising towards Bahgdad. Amazing.

Howie Feltersnatch
04-18-2006, 05:36 PM
Bull$hit!! They said the same thing about Iraq leading up to the Gulf War. They estimated 10k U.S. dead during the ground campain alone. During the Iran Iraq war, the Iraqi's were the better trained better equiped military, but Iran had more #'s. Read up on some battles during that war and you will find that they are no better trained than the Iraqi army that we handled fairly easily.
Winning a military battle has little to do with winning the overall war. Check the evening news or your local newspaper. As much as many wish it weren't so, it's the same as Viet Nam - you can kill tens or even hundreds of thousands of soldiers, but if the population at large is against you, you'll never achieve a victory. We've spent billions trying to setup a democracy in Iraq which they've clearly indicated they don't want. They want an islamic theocracy - actually they want several, broken down along religious lines. My money says they'll eventually break Iraq back up into the smaller countries it used to be before the Brits created it in the first place. Good job Dick, George, Don, etc...

Tom Brown
04-18-2006, 05:57 PM
Do you suppose it's really worth it to stick your nose in middle eastern business? It's completely focked up, doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason, and they're all totally incensed about it.
You don't want that shit sticking to your shoe and tracking back here.
Why not just jack up Isreal with hardware and let nature take it's course?

Havasu Cig
04-19-2006, 08:23 AM
Winning a military battle has little to do with winning the overall war. Check the evening news or your local newspaper. As much as many wish it weren't so, it's the same as Viet Nam - you can kill tens or even hundreds of thousands of soldiers, but if the population at large is against you, you'll never achieve a victory. We've spent billions trying to setup a democracy in Iraq which they've clearly indicated they don't want. They want an islamic theocracy - actually they want several, broken down along religious lines. My money says they'll eventually break Iraq back up into the smaller countries it used to be before the Brits created it in the first place. Good job Dick, George, Don, etc...
Don't buy into the liberal media's view point that we are losing the war in Iraq. Casualty #'s are very low for the amount of time we have been there. We lost almost 350 people during the 43 days of the Gulf War which everyone thought was a bloodless war, and that is a higher casualty rate per day than what we are losing now. Any loss is great, but compared to other conflicts we are doing good in this current one.
As far as a comparison to Vietnam, there is no comparison. The casualty rate in that conflict was much higher than the current one. You need to stay away from your "evening news" & "local newspapers" if you want the truth. I do wish though that we would take the gloves off a little more in Iraq, and the future conflict that is most likely coming in Iran needs to be fought the same way.

Havasu Cig
04-19-2006, 08:26 AM
Do you suppose it's really worth it to stick your nose in middle eastern business? It's completely focked up, doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason, and they're all totally incensed about it.
In the current climate in the world with terrorism the way it is we can not let a hostile regime like Iran get a nuke. Being the worlds only super power can be a bitch, but that's the way it is. I would hope Israel would take care of the problem, but i don't know if they will. If they don't we have to step in because nobody else in the world (except maybe the Brits) have the balls or capability to do it.

Biglue
04-19-2006, 08:43 AM
It's only a matter of time before we dislike Israel also. Few decades ago we helped out several regime/political figures in that region...........Including Saddam and Bin Laden. It's only a matter of time. :cool: