PDA

View Full Version : Havasu tomorrow 12/11

Phat Matt
12-10-2004, 10:34 AM
The weather is going to be nice so I decided to pull the boat out and head to Havasu. We'll be on (not in :)) the water tomorrow. Anybody else going to be there?

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
12-10-2004, 10:36 AM
The weather is going to be nice so I decided to pull the boat out and head to Havasu. We'll be on (not in :)) the water tomorrow. Anybody else going to be there?
you should come down to Long Beach and hang out to watch the boat parade

Phat Matt
12-10-2004, 10:38 AM
you should come down to Long Beach and hang out to watch the boat parade
I have to go there to finish the stereo install I started last week on my Uncle's boat. It's a X-mas present for them. We were planning on going already, we just weren't planning on taking the boat. I told Jen it would be torture to look at a glassy lake with the warm temps!

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
12-10-2004, 10:40 AM
I have to go there to finish the stereo install I started last week on my Uncle's boat. It's a X-mas present for them. We were planning on going already, we just weren't planning on taking the boat. I told Jen it would be torture to look at a glassy lake with the warm temps!
ok sounds like a plan well maybe next week for the newport parade

Phat Matt
12-10-2004, 10:47 AM
ok sounds like a plan well maybe next week for the newport parade
Possibly. I think we are off that weekend.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
12-10-2004, 10:51 AM
Possibly. I think we are off that weekend.
sounds good if the weather is ok I man run over to catalina if not I may just hang around newport and Huntington until the parade that night

dicudmore
12-10-2004, 10:55 AM
catalina for us....
but have a great time :D

Phat Matt
12-10-2004, 10:56 AM
sounds good if the weather is ok I man run over to catalina if not I may just hang around newport and Huntington until the parade that night
Cool. We'll talk next week then.

ChumpChange
12-10-2004, 11:14 AM
We'll be in Havasu tomorrow. Have to hang a few more picture on the walls before the renters movin in after Christmas. Won't be taking the boat out of the garage though, driving the car there.

sigepmock
12-10-2004, 11:37 AM
Phuggit and I are riding our dirtbikes out across the Mojave trail and staying at our place in Havasu tomorrow night. Both Matt's are welcome to stop by for a beer and some BBQ. I think we'll be too sore from the ride to take the boat out though. :)
Chris

Phat Matt
12-10-2004, 11:45 AM
We'll be in Havasu tomorrow. Have to hang a few more picture on the walls before the renters movin in after Christmas. Won't be taking the boat out of the garage though, driving the car there.
We were going to take our car too...but the weather is going to be to nice not to put the boat in the water! If you want to meet us in the channel, let me know.
Phuggit and I are riding our dirtbikes out across the Mojave trail and staying at our place in Havasu tomorrow night. Both Matt's are welcome to stop by for a beer and some BBQ. I think we'll be too sore from the ride to take the boat out though.
Chris
That ride sounds like fun. We aren't planning on going out to the club Saturday night so the beer is a possibility.

LHC30Victory
12-10-2004, 12:15 PM
Hey Matt, can't make it this weekend but next (the 18th) we are probably going to be there. Younger son's b/day weekend and we need to get a sound level on the boat now that the rex muffs are on.
Have fun and be safe :notam:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
12-10-2004, 12:19 PM
Hey Matt, can't make it this weekend but next (the 18th) we are probably going to be there. Younger son's b/day weekend and we need to get a sound level on the boat now that the rex muffs are on.
Have fun and be safe :notam:
what did those cost you

LHC30Victory
12-10-2004, 12:44 PM
what did those cost you
Apparently there is no break for volume purchases :) List was $749/pr.
Not too hard to put in - expecially if your bilge is filled with oil - they should slip right in :hammer2:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
12-10-2004, 12:59 PM
Apparently there is no break for volume purchases :) List was $749/pr.
Not too hard to put in - expecially if your bilge is filled with oil - they should slip right in :hammer2:
thats all right as long as that sled you have will never pass me its all good :boxingguy
thanks for the info :D when are you going to bring that sled to catalina

dicudmore
12-10-2004, 01:03 PM
thats all right as long as that sled you have will never pass me its all good :boxingguy
thanks for the info :D when are you going to bring that sled to catalina
Mel, me thinks that sled of his will prob outrun that pontoon you're talking about :rolleyes:

LHC30Victory
12-10-2004, 01:06 PM
You guys crack me up!
Outrun the Pontoon= No problem
The "Rainbowboat" (as some other have called it - don't know why though) = as soon as I get tabs on it so I can see what the remaining 2-300 rpm will do with it. Right now the chinewalk keeps us just below 80 :cry: :)

LHC30Victory
12-10-2004, 01:10 PM
Oh, and to answer your REAL Q = Don't know. don't have anywhere to put the thing once its here - no room. Have to work that out, but I am dying to run in the blue lake.

RiverRatMike
12-10-2004, 01:22 PM
very nice here in LHC today 73 degrees

ChumpChange
12-10-2004, 02:53 PM
That's all been taken care of..................

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
12-10-2004, 02:57 PM
You guys crack me up!
Outrun the Pontoon= No problem
The "Rainbowboat" (as some other have called it - don't know why though) = as soon as I get tabs on it so I can see what the remaining 2-300 rpm will do with it. Right now the chinewalk keeps us just below 80 :cry: :)
chinewalk WTF, just a guess but I may be wrong if you use trim taps to steady your boat from CHINEWALKING, the drag from the trim taps will slow you down more. But I may be wrong can someone help me here ROTFLMAO
Chinewalk ROTFLMAO trim it down it will go away LMAO :2purples:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
12-10-2004, 02:59 PM
Mel, me thinks that sled of his will prob outrun that pontoon you're talking about :rolleyes:
YEA I might but I will look good going slow with a boat load of hot women
:D

FRENCHIE
12-10-2004, 03:54 PM
We were going to take our car too...but the weather is going to be to nice not to put the boat in the water! If you want to meet us in the channel, let me know.
That ride sounds like fun. We aren't planning on going out to the club Saturday night so the beer is a possibility.
dont you already have commitments for next weekend!!!?? :jawdrop: :mad: :hammerhea :p :p

dicudmore
12-10-2004, 03:57 PM
YEA I might but I will look good going slow with a boat load of hot women
:D
I have no prob with that... :D

dicudmore
12-10-2004, 04:00 PM
chinewalk WTF, just a guess but I may be wrong if you use trim taps to steady your boat from CHINEWALKING, the drag from the trim taps will slow you down more. But I may be wrong can someone help me here ROTFLMAO
pretty much....
and back to square one, how much HP will it take to overcome the drag of the tabs to get the mph back...
btw, my pig does not chinewalk when over-trimmed, but it does porpoise :hammer2:

Goldilocks
12-10-2004, 05:36 PM
dont you already have commitments for next weekend!!!?? :jawdrop: :mad: :hammerhea :p :p
What's up for next weekend? I forget. Don't beat around the bush with this kind of comment :p

LHC30Victory
12-10-2004, 05:47 PM
OH YEAH That's a good idea with a triple step hull :eek: Ever hear of one spinning out cause of that? It's not fun :2purples:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
12-10-2004, 06:26 PM
OH YEAH That's a good idea with a triple step hull :eek: Ever hear of one spinning out cause of that? It's not fun :2purples:
maybe I miss typed I ment trim the motor down so it dosent chainwalk. if trimming a motor down causes your boat to spin out, you need to take it back. I hope I misunderstood you :confused:

LHC30Victory
12-10-2004, 06:35 PM
Mel, as I understand it (and nearly experienced it) if you trim down a step hull, the rear tends to get slippery due to the cavitation created by the step(s). This in turn can make the boat swap ends. It is not a manufacturer defect, simply a byproduct of the hull technology. In other words - step hull = go faster; go faster = get slippery :jawdrop:
The C/W is due to the boat being so far out of the water that it rolls off the pad.
Maybe you cant get it up that far :cool: :cool: