Last night Jeff Blossdale, owner of
Blossdale Motorsports passed away
after his battle with cancer.
Please keep his family and friends in
your prayers. He will be missed!
Sincerely

MRS FLYIN VEE
12-13-2004, 09:31 AM
oh that is very very sad news.. My dad use to work with him in Marina del rey... I will have to let him know .. thank you.. :cry:

Froggystyle
12-13-2004, 09:32 AM
OMG!
I had no idea it had progressed this far. This is terrible news for the whole community. We have certainly lost a great one... :frown:

C-2
12-13-2004, 09:43 AM
Sorry to hear the bad news. Godspeed to him. :(

boater72
12-13-2004, 10:10 AM
RIP Jeff

dicudmore
12-13-2004, 10:43 AM
sorry to hear the bad news :cry:

Jordy
12-13-2004, 11:17 AM
:frown: :frown: :frown:

shadow
12-13-2004, 11:21 AM
Very sad news indeed.Jeff and i were just talking on the phone a few weeks ago and he was joking with me that now his treatments were done he'd be able to grow more hair back than me.I've got nothing but good to say about Jeff.He will be missed. :( Rest In Peace my friend. :frown:

Rexone
12-13-2004, 11:23 AM
RIP and Godspeed Jeff :frown:

waterwitch
12-13-2004, 04:24 PM
I will update when I find out
funeral arrangements.

RiverKitty
12-13-2004, 04:39 PM
Another dark day for the boating community. :(
He's boating in the Heaven Channel now.

Infomaniac
12-13-2004, 04:55 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Havasu Cig
12-13-2004, 05:45 PM
That is terrible news. Jeff was a great guy, and will be missed.

Havasu_Dreamin
12-13-2004, 06:15 PM
This the dad, right? I met Jeff, I assume the son as he was only about 35-40, back in April when he was working at Sandpoint.

bohica
12-13-2004, 06:31 PM
What a terrible loss. Jeff was a good guy, he'll be missed. :(

BIG B
12-13-2004, 06:47 PM
Jeff was a close, close friend of my wife and I for many years, we miss him dearly already. Godspeed "Big J".

JetBoatRich
12-13-2004, 06:54 PM
Rest In Peace Jeff :frown:
He is the only guy that used to build my old neighbors motors and he always had good things to say about him

Havasu Hangin'
12-13-2004, 06:56 PM
:(

BoatFloating
12-13-2004, 06:57 PM
This the dad, right? I met Jeff, I assume the son as he was only about 35-40, back in April when he was working at Sandpoint.
Yes his dad. There is a Jeff Jr and he used to work for his dad.
RIP Jeff Sr.

Froggystyle
12-13-2004, 07:39 PM
It looks like Jeff's last motor is going in the first production Revolution. I am going to see if I can get the owner of the boat to do something special for Jeff on the valve covers.
I am so bummed. I had no idea this was happenning so fast. Not that it is of huge concern considering the gravity of the situation, but to further indicate what a great guy Jeff was, and what a loss the boating community suffered today, one of his last concerns was making sure that this motor got to the owner and was taken care of. Maybe that just gets me misty, but that really speaks volumes for the man.
RIP Jeff. We will miss you.

bigkatboat
12-13-2004, 07:45 PM
A sad day indeed. A very nice person, great racer, all around great guy. I'm going outside to look for him. He will be the brightest star lighting up the river. God bless you Jeff, and God bless your family and friends. "A man who lights his own way, is an indiviual". "A man who lights the way for others, is a blessing". GES jr.

Craig
12-13-2004, 07:49 PM
Damn, only spoke with a few times on the phone, seemed like a decent guy, RIP :frown:

BoatFloating
12-13-2004, 07:49 PM
It looks like Jeff's last motor is going in the first production Revolution. I am going to see if I can get the owner of the boat to do something special for Jeff on the valve covers.
I am so bummed. I had no idea this was happenning so fast. Not that it is of huge concern considering the gravity of the situation, but to further indicate what a great guy Jeff was, and what a loss the boating community suffered today, one of his last concerns was making sure that this motor got to the owner and was taken care of. Maybe that just gets me misty, but that really speaks volumes for the man.
RIP Jeff. We will miss you.
Wes, I remeber you talking about his motor for a customer in your boat. Then somone mentioned he was really sick and closed up shop. But he never would let a customer down and made sure his last customer was taken care of. Speaks volumes to hs character. The boating industry lost a true great guy and we don't have a lot of those to give up. :(

bigkatboat
12-13-2004, 08:06 PM
"Maybe that just gets me misty" QUIT SPAMMING US YOU PRICK! Some of us are hearing this news for the first time, and don't need your 'boat project' thrown over this MAN like a cheap blanket!!! He is flesh, blood and soul. He is leaving a very large void in the 'fabric' of our lives. He is worth more than all the money or riches anyone could have. PLEASE don't detract from the thoughts and prayers we bring here! And don't ever do it for the sake of money. I'm making a point of you because you were the first, but please don't take it personally, I am hoping this attack will deter others from trying to misdirect the point of this thread. This is for the "sportsman", the "businessman", the "familyman", the "MAN"!!!

dicudmore
12-13-2004, 08:18 PM
"Maybe that just gets me misty" QUIT SPAMMING US YOU PRICK! Some of us are hearing this news for the first time, and don't need your 'boat project' thrown over this MAN like a cheap blanket!!! He is flesh, blood and soul. He is leaving a very large void in the 'fabric' of our lives. He is worth more than all the money or riches anyone could have. PLEASE don't detract from the thoughts and prayers we bring here! And don't ever do it for the sake of money. I'm making a point of you because you were the first, but please don't take it personally, I am hoping this attack will deter others from trying to misdirect the point of this thread. This is for the "sportsman", the "businessman", the "familyman", the "MAN"!!!
I didn't see any SPAM in Froggy's post....
Sounded like he was praising Jeff's CHARACTER to me.........I took it as Jeff was in very bad shape, but made sure he had taken care of the person that dropped a chunk of coin with him....still sounds like integrity to me...
I think the arrangement was for Info to assemble the motor that Jeff had started??

Doug H.
12-13-2004, 08:19 PM
BKB... where the hell did you come from ??

JetBoatRich
12-13-2004, 08:22 PM
I read this thread a couple times :hammerhea and never read any spam :argue:

BoatFloating
12-13-2004, 08:30 PM
BKB, I think your out of line. Wes was talking about how he went out of his way no matter how sick he was to take care of a motor he built for one of Wes' customers. This comes to a shock to all of us since it really happened so fast and there is no reason to place your grief towards someone that was praising Jeff for being a great person.
Just my .02

Froggystyle
12-13-2004, 09:00 PM
I have no idea where this animosity is coming from, but deal with it in your own way.
I have nothing but love and respect for him and what he has done. Interpret that any way you want to. I intend to respect his memory as well by memorializing him if allowed.

bigkatboat
12-13-2004, 09:05 PM
JETBOATRICH! are you reading or 'dozing' "Jeff's motor" in HIS BOAT! The first words out of his mouth are not for Jeff, (or his family) they are for his 'beloved boat'. F his boat right now! WE ARE PRAYING FOR JEFF!!!!! What the hell are you people all about? Are machines and cash more important that the HUMAN BEINGS that live and breath? More important than our family and friends? He didn't start with ANYTHING ABOUT JEFF THE MAN!!! He started with "THE LAST MOTOR" BS! USE THE MAN DOWN TO THE LAST BREATH! When you come to the wake for JEFF THE MAN, try not to hand out too many of your business cards you whores! "Gee, I didn't see any spam, My head is up my ...!" I know I'm not making 'points' with the "movers and shakers" here, I know I'm also not doing well with the "ass kissers" either. I read the opener for this thread and was shocked to hear the very sad news. Then I go on to read the genuine feelings of a number of thoughtfull people. Next, I read an outright, bold faced, direct, sales pitch, for "the very thoughtfull boat builder" and his quest to NAME SOME F...ING VALVE COVERS. IT'S NOT ABOUT THE BOAT! IT'S NOT ABOUT THE MOTOR! IT'S ABOUT THE MAN!!!! Start a new thread about your topic, please. DOUG H, I come from a place you will never see, winning a lot of boat races, and respecting the PEOPLE WHO RACE!

Rocky
12-13-2004, 09:11 PM
BIGKATBOAT get lost...

Tom Slick
12-13-2004, 09:19 PM
RIP Jeff..Godspeed :(

Flying Tiger
12-13-2004, 09:21 PM
:frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

cola
12-13-2004, 09:22 PM
Our prayers are with all who loved you.

phebus
12-13-2004, 09:33 PM
bigkatboat, I don't know where your animosty to froggystyle comes from, but it seems to me that every chance you get you throw a slam his way. You my friend seem out of line jumping on him, when the entire intent of this thread is to pay tribute and respect to a man that meant so much to the boating community.
To the family and friends of this Jeff, you have my deepest sympathy.

Froggystyle
12-13-2004, 10:35 PM
OMG!
I had no idea it had progressed this far. This is terrible news for the whole community. We have certainly lost a great one... :frown:
This is my first post on the subject... third down I might add.
Don't besmirch this thread any longer man. Leave it alone.

amberrose
12-13-2004, 10:44 PM
I am new to the ***boat Forum but Eric (my significant other) and I have been involved in the boating community for many years. We are both heartbroken over this loss. Jeff, his family and friends are all in our prayers and thoughts.
In this time of grief, the last thing that we wanted to see on ***boat Forum was bickering over the loss of someone whom many of us admired.
I would like to illuminate on the situation regarding Wes and the boat. We are the owner's of the last motor which Jeff Blosdale built which happens to be going into our new boat.
BigKatBoat:
It IS important rejoice in the life of Jeff Blosdale. However, what you may not be recognizing at this time is that many of us only knew Jeff through a business relationship. Blosdale Motorsports, though it was his work, was a major part of his life. Jeff was incredibly good a what he did, had gained the praise of many boating enthusiasts and made a legacy for himself in the powerboat community. You stated: IT'S NOT ABOUT THE BOAT! IT'S NOT ABOUT THE MOTOR! IT'S ABOUT THE MAN!!!! For us Jeff was the MOTOR, Jeff was our BOAT and Blosdale Motorsports is part of what made up THE MAN.
I don't think Wes or anyone else for that matter would manipulate a time like this for his/her own benefit. Jeff and Wes both knew one another. Eric and I have spoken to Jeff about Wes and vice versa. Jeff liked Wes personally and professionally. Jeff was really excited that his blown motor was going to be in one of the very first Revolutions. This boat that we are getting will hopefully be on display at the LA Boat Show and I know Jeff was overjoyed that one of his engines would be on display with it! Because of the relationship Jeff and Wes had, the wonderful idea about the valve covers was Wes' way of paying hommage and offering a memory to those who knew Jeff and his business.
We feel that as a tribute to Jeff Blosdale, the company he built, and the legacy that Jeff Blosdale is, Eric and I would be more than pleased to honor the work of Blosdale Motorsports by illustrating a mark of respect for him on the valve covers of our engine; and when I say "our engine" that means mine, Eric and Jeff Blosdale's.
Thanks for all your hard work and helping us understand the boating world a little bit better. Peace be with you Jeff.

Rexone
12-13-2004, 10:58 PM
The only thing I've seen here in poor taste is the "Quit spamming us you prick" post above. If someone has a disagreement this thread is hardly the place to express it. Talk about lack of consideration. Try the "new thread" button next time. It works well.
Again my sincerest condolences to Jeffs friends and family. He will be missed greatly.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
12-13-2004, 11:39 PM
Jeff was a Great Man......
He will be missed.....
R.I.P Jeff and Godspeed !!!

dk228
12-14-2004, 09:48 AM
Everybody Stop, A Good Man Has Left Us And His Family.
Rip Jeff

uglycstmr
12-14-2004, 02:33 PM
May he rest in peace, Jeff has been a very dear friend of our family for 30 years, Jefferey and I grew up together, at the boat races, at the river, at ascot for the races. Our families were together quite often back in the day and he was a very good friend, he and my dad raced together for many years. He will be greatly missed, very sad day for all of us.
Rest in peace Big Jeff!!

Head Porting of Havasu
12-14-2004, 08:51 PM
I worked for Jeff Blosdale for the last 7 months. Jeff was a great guy and an awesome engine builder. He will be greatly missed. I give my deepest simpathy to all his friends & family.
Sincerely,
Rob

Robinson JR.
12-15-2004, 06:02 PM
Jeff was more than just a friend, he was like a second father to me. He always new how to handle people and make you feel like he's known ya forever. Jeff took me out in his boat every Sunday, and never expected anything in return (except that I was a boat bitch, for beer.)I am forever endebted to the knowledge and friendship Jeff gave me and I will never forget him. I wanted to let Susan, (the love of Jeff's life) know that her and all of Jeff's family are in my Prayers. Jeff Robinson Jr.