PDA

View Full Version : Referral to another board for Home Audio

boxscore
12-13-2004, 09:40 AM
I'll take all the advice I can find here... but where can I find another message board for home theater/automation/structured wiring info? We're building a new custom home. Ready to break ground in about 3 mos.

carbonmarine
12-13-2004, 09:56 AM
DONT BUY MONSTER CABLE ANYTHING... its all CRAP ! ...
** Ultralinkproducts has better stuff for the Price **
NOTE: If you going to run wires or cable for TV Etc.... Run HDMI Cables for
TV's and Audio ( the future is here no doubt about it ! ) ... You can also run high end OFC or Silver plated copper raw cable for you speakers ( all must be UL CL3 Complaint ).
Speaker Craft or Sonance make great in wall speakers. If you going to buy
a Plasma, LCD or RPTV... I'd go RPTV, RCA makes a great series, for Plasma go with Pioneer .. For Projectors & screen if your doing a movie room, go with Runco ... ** Look around, ask around questions...
Rick

carbonmarine
12-13-2004, 09:58 AM
Oh yeah,,,, stay away from BOSE... Its all CRAP TOO ! ytou can find much better for the price....

hot_diggity_dog
12-13-2004, 10:51 AM
These are two good sites that will give you the info you need. :wink:
Home Theater Spot (http://www.hometheaterspot.com/html/index.php)
Audioholics (http://www.audioholics.com/)
HDD :cool:

Tremor Therapy
12-13-2004, 10:54 AM
And when you are done reading, send a message to Chris Rozmus (ROZ) he is an excellent resource!

hot_diggity_dog
12-13-2004, 10:59 AM
And when you are done reading, send a message to Chris Rozmus (ROZ) he is an excellent resource!
I got all of my Shiznit from ROZ. I did about a year of research and purchased all of the best stuff.
If you want the best you have to open up the wallet!!!! :2purples:
This stuff is not cheap, :hammerhea and you get what you pay for, :o ask ROZ! :wink:
HDD

al cole'holic
12-13-2004, 11:19 AM
..anybody run a projection unit with a screen? I was curious about them with like a 106" motorized screen and what the pros and cons are...??

ROZ
12-13-2004, 11:36 AM
..anybody run a projection unit with a screen? I was curious about them with like a 106" motorized screen and what the pros and cons are...??
The pro is that you have the ability to get the largest(depending on disatance between projector and screen) picture possibly with the ability to hide it(electric) when not needed. Con is that it's not really intended for daily use, most don't have sound, and need a fairly dark to dark room in order to display the best picture. There are screens available that reflect more light for day use, but the picture can become washed out...
Stewart acoustically transparrent electric grayhawk screen retails for about 4500.00- 7000.00 depending on size...
Decent LCD, DLP, or excellent CRT based projectors start around 5500.00 and go up waaaaaay up from there :D

al cole'holic
12-13-2004, 11:50 AM
The pro is that you have the ability to get the largest(depending on disatance between projector and screen) picture possibly with the ability to hide it(electric) when not needed. Con is that it's not really intended for daily use, most don't have sound, and need a fairly dark to dark room in order to display the best picture. There are screens available that reflect more light for day use, but the picture can become washed out...
Stewart acoustically transparrent electric grayhawk screen retails for about 4500.00- 7000.00 depending on size...
Decent LCD, DLP, or excellent CRT based projectors start around 5500.00 and go up waaaaaay up from there :D
You'd pretty much want to use em for a movie room then....I got a bitchen spot for a nice size plasma but just can't cut into the bike fund right now! Thanks Roz... :D