PDA

View Full Version : Dang nabit

MsDrmr
12-13-2004, 10:10 AM
for over three years now, my mr and I have been trying to get a billing from Florida Hospital taken off our trw. Mr has never been in Florida and the hospital confirms that the social security numbers do not match, but the billing dept continues to bill us. It is not a small bill either, the person has the same name as my mr, (including middle inital) and the ssc number is ony one or two digits off. does anyone know how I can get this damn thing off our trw once and for all??

MsDrmr
12-13-2004, 10:17 AM
Get a copy of your credit report from all 3 of the big agencies.
Dispute the ding with the credit agency its listed with. It could be all 3. They will send a letter to the Hospital and if its not properly responded to then it will be removed from the report. Its up to the hospital to prove the disputed mark on your credit is correct.
This forces them to act and its a better route than contacting the hospital directly.
Forensic
Thanx, we have tried that three and all times three times they have been removed, we think "great, now thats taken care of" and the next time we purchase something/aplly for something, the damn thing is back on there :eat:

Mrs CP 19
12-13-2004, 10:18 AM
It is against the law for a credit reporting agency to report inaccurate information. Write a letter to the hospital and Experian, Trans Union and Equifax stating this is being reported in error and threaten a lawsuit if it is not resolved (removed) immediately. Enclose a copy of a letter to the hospital in your corrspondence to agency's. Jill

Roxysnow
12-13-2004, 10:18 AM
Get a copy of your credit report from all 3 of the big agencies.
Dispute the ding with the credit agency its listed with. It could be all 3. They will send a letter to the Hospital and if its not properly responded to then it will be removed from the report. Its up to the hospital to prove the disputed mark on your credit is correct.
This forces them to act and its a better route than contacting the hospital directly.
Forensic
Exactly, good luck because 2 of the 3 major reporting agencies require you to write them. What a pain in the ass! :frown:

Mrs CP 19
12-13-2004, 10:21 AM
Actually, you can get all 3 reports online now. Also, you are now entitled to 1 free credit report each year.

MsDrmr
12-13-2004, 10:22 AM
Actually, you can get all 3 reports online now. Also, you are now entitled to 1 free credit report each year.
yeah thats awsome, read that in the paper..

RiverDave
12-13-2004, 10:22 AM
Hey did anyone happen to get the website from the news the other day??
You can now check your own credit online from the reporting agencies once a year for free?
I'd like to check my credit to see what's on there..
RD

Mrs CP 19
12-13-2004, 10:26 AM
annualcreditreport.com...or go to FTC.gov and you can link. Jill

78Eliminator
12-13-2004, 10:26 AM
Hey did anyone happen to get the website from the news the other day??
You can now check your own credit online from the reporting agencies once a year for free?
I'd like to check my credit to see what's on there..
RD
That's fine and dandy, but every time you check your credit, it is listed as an "Inquiry". Too many inquiries and it knocks your credit score down. Why? I have no idea.

Mrs CP 19
12-13-2004, 10:29 AM
That's fine and dandy, but every time you check your credit, it is listed as an "Inquiry". Too many inquiries and it knocks your credit score down. Why? I have no idea.
That is a 'hidden' inquiry, others will not see it. Most of your credit card companies pull reports on you every so often, these are also 'hidden' from any potential creditors. Too many inquiries appear that you may be over extending yourself, or an indication of fraud. Jill

JustMVG
12-13-2004, 10:35 AM
Try to get a letter from the hospital saying that this is not your matter and that they will send a letter of deletion to the reporting agencies, if you do get this make copies and take them with you whenever you go to apply for credit, a loan etc. We just went through the same thing , and it was hospital related. Good luck. MVG

C-2
12-13-2004, 10:38 AM
That is a 'hidden' inquiry, others will not see it. Most of your credit card companies pull reports on you every so often, these are also 'hidden' from any potential creditors. Too many inquiries appear that you may be over extending yourself, or an indication of fraud. Jill
Yup, no inquiry when you pull it yourself.
Inquiries pulled by exisiting creditors are mostly reported - it depends upon the purpose. If it's for a credit limit increase, it's a reportable inquiry. If it's to extend an unsolicited offer of credit, it's promotional only and does not count against your credit score.
Interesting tidbit of info though; the FTC does not distinguish between "soft" promotional pulls and "hard" inquiries.
A little trick is to "bump" legitimate inquiries off your report by pulling your own report numerous times.
:)

MsDrmr
12-13-2004, 10:38 AM
Try to get a letter from the hospital saying that this is not your matter and that they will send a letter of deletion to the reporting agencies, if you do get this make copies and take them with you whenever you go to apply for credit, a loan etc. We just went through the same thing , and it was hospital related. Good luck. MVG
Hey did you see we're gettin a stater bros and a jack in the box on the corner?

RiverDave
12-13-2004, 10:49 AM
Yup, no inquiry when you pull it yourself.
Inquiries pulled by exisiting creditors are mostly reported - it depends upon the purpose. If it's for a credit limit increase, it's a reportable inquiry. If it's to extend an unsolicited offer of credit, it's promotional only and does not count against your credit score.
Interesting tidbit of info though; the FTC does not distinguish between "soft" promotional pulls and "hard" inquiries.
A little trick is to "bump" legitimate inquiries off your report by pulling your own report numerous times.
:)
How does that work? I thoguht you could only check it once a year??
RD

MsDrmr
12-13-2004, 11:26 AM
damn, I can't find anyone who has this system available, they all seem to be sold out :frown:

sanger rat
12-13-2004, 11:37 AM
damn, I can't find anyone who has this system available, they all seem to be sold out :frown:
Go right to the main source. http://www.xbox.com/en-US/default.htm They have a 149.00 deal going on.

C-2
12-13-2004, 11:46 AM
How does that work? I thoguht you could only check it once a year??
RD
There are several services out there such as Privacy Guard which for like $40 per year, allows you to pull your report as many times as you please. They also notify you when a new negative item or inquiry appears, which MIGHT help stave off an attempt at identity theft.
Credit bureaus are tough to deal with. The entire credit industry revolves around risk. The question for creditors and consumers is, how much ya willing to pay for it?
Credit bureaus are in the business of collecting dirt, plain and simple. Dirt is valuable to them and the more they rid themselves of it, the less value their service has. Which is why they will fight, kick and scream to keep dirt on your report (again, the principal here is if you have bad credit – you have to pay more).
There are numerous laws in place to help the consumer – but it doesn’t mean the credit bureaus or creditors abide by them. Sometimes you have to fight not only the bureaus – but the creditors (or alleged creditors), or the junk debt buyer who buys the incorrect bad hospital debt (and who could care less whether or not the debt is accurate.)
Pain in the arse to fix your report, but with persistence, eventually you can come out on top.