PDA

View Full Version : Death!

ROZ
12-13-2004, 01:52 PM
For Peterson! :mad:

Squirtin Thunder
12-13-2004, 02:00 PM
The problem I have is now this is case law. So now you don't need evidence to convict and that is scarry.
In OJs trial they had a ton of hard facts !!!!
When I saw the crouds in Redwood City even if he was found inocent they would have convicted him. To keep the peice.
Jim

jdogginla
12-13-2004, 02:06 PM
Hmmm.......So the state is going to put to death a man for killing his wife and child EVEN THOUGH they can NOT tell us the following?
1) How Laci Peterson died
2) When Laci Peterson died
3) Where Laci Peterson died
We all have the right to our own beliefs, and mine is how do you put to death a person when NONE of these questions have been answered?

Ducatista
12-13-2004, 02:17 PM
Hmmm.......So the state is going to put to death a man for killing his wife and child EVEN THOUGH they can NOT tell us the following?
We all have the right to our own beliefs, and mine is how do you put to death a person when NONE of these questions have been answered?
The answer to your question is very simple IMO.
Sometimes you just can't fool the jury.....but I do hear what you are saying.

mirvin
12-13-2004, 02:20 PM
Look at it this way: This was really a life sentence. If he had been sentenced to life and placed into the gerneral population he would be dead in a week. THis way he'll be sitting on death row for 40 years.
mirvin ;)

Rexone
12-13-2004, 02:27 PM
Look at it this way: This was really a life sentence. If he had been sentenced to life and placed into the gerneral population he would be dead in a week. THis way he'll be sitting on death row for 40 years.
mirvin ;)
Kind of ironic isn't it.
Death sentence = life in prison with max protection awaiting appeals
Life in prison sentence for a child/wife killer = death by beating probably much sooner.

Backtanner
12-13-2004, 02:56 PM
The only lethal injection he'll get is the one from big bubba in the showers. Ramirez has been on the list for going on twenty years and he's nowhere near making that last walk.

schiada96
12-13-2004, 03:02 PM
In 5 years he gets a appeal then it goes to the 9th circus court of appeals. The 9th has more history of commuting the death sentance to lfwop than not.

repo man
12-13-2004, 03:08 PM
that's why he will walk on an apeal, because it sets a presedance for other cases. even though he did it you can't convict without any ''REAL PHYSICAL EVIDENCE''

Ducatista
12-13-2004, 03:33 PM
that's why he will walk on an apeal, because it sets a presedance for other cases. even though he did it you can't convict without any ''REAL PHYSICAL EVIDENCE''
Love that damn avatar! I thought there was alot of people convicted of crimes that were based on purely circumstantial evidence, including murder in the first? That's why they prosecute in some of these cases, even though there is no direct evidence. Let a jury of your peers decide what the truth is.....

Desert Rat
12-13-2004, 03:47 PM
I believe he did it but I have to admit that I'm not to sure they proved it. I also think he's sure to get a new trial due to all the crap with kicking people off the jury.

Formula Dude
12-13-2004, 04:41 PM
His attitude and show of "no remorse" convicted him. If I was innoncent, I sure the heck would have got up on the stand and proclaimed it. Jurys nowadays want to hear it from the horses mouth.

Havasu_Dreamin
12-13-2004, 04:51 PM
His attitude and show of "no remorse" convicted him. If I was innoncent, I sure the heck would have got up on the stand and proclaimed it. Jurys nowadays want to hear it from the horses mouth.
But if there was no real evidence linking him to the murder then getting on the stand could very well ahve done more harm than good.