PDA

View Full Version : just got this e-mail

likeFATHERlikeSON3
12-13-2004, 05:12 PM
Subject: Cell Phone - Do Not Call List
This is very important and I urge all of you to contact this number from your cell phone and get registered. Please cut and paste this message to send to anyone else.
In a few weeks cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sales calls. Call this number from your cell phone (you have to call from your cell phone) 888-382-1222. It is the national FTC Do Not Call list. It blocks your number for 5 years.
Please pass on. It only takes about 20 seconds to register. Again you must call this # from YOUR CELL PHONE. You can also register online and read more about this at www.donotcall.gov.

Garrddogg
12-13-2004, 05:26 PM
Its a MYTH!
(aint gonna happen) :rollside:

jdogginla
12-13-2004, 05:31 PM
News and gov agencies have reported that there is no "no-call" list for cell phones!
Any site you sign up on will probably actually use your number. Do not use! :wink:

spectratoad
12-13-2004, 05:32 PM
I have to agree. I wouldn't call. There is already a law against them calling your cellphone I believe.

NAMarine
12-13-2004, 05:51 PM
They are mot allowed to call cell #'s due to it costs you money to call you on your cell. They are talking about putting out a 411 system for cells, but you will have to opt into it to be a part of it.. If you ever want to have a sales call hang up quick, tell them they called a cell phone. :rollside:

VelocityDriver
12-13-2004, 05:56 PM
Not a hoax, some cell phone numbers can be registered, and some can't depends on the provider. https://www.donotcall.gov/FAQ/FAQConsumersNew.aspx#What Use the web site, don't call the number.