PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Stain on my Seats

cdog
12-13-2004, 06:00 PM
No I did'nt piss on them. I've got a yellow tint to my white vinal seats. Seems to be where my sun tan lotion hits the seats. How do you get it off? What kind of cleaner. I've tired oxy clean...no luck. The magic eraser gets the dirt off but not the yellow. What do you use? Does anyone else have this problem?

Scream
12-13-2004, 06:06 PM
Have read about this problem before on this forum. Seem to remember most just saying to let the sun bleach it out for you, but don't quote me. This seems to be a common topic for discussion in the off season, since the last time I read about it was in March or April of last year.
Scream

phebus
12-13-2004, 06:14 PM
I had orange stains on one of my seats from a swim suit that bled color. I tried everything to get it off, but all I did was fade it, and never got it all off.......until I gave up on it, and eventuallly the sun faded it and it dissapeared.

R.A.D.man
12-14-2004, 05:57 AM
Although my seats are supposed to be yellow, I have been using the ZEP Industrial degreaser/cleaner followed by conditioning the seats immediately after and it has removed many discolorations nothing else would touch. It is sold at Home Depot. It is very strong so wear gloves, that stuff will burn your skin, make your fingers sore and it has a strong fume so if you try it, do it with a breeze or a fan. I sprayed it on, let it sit for 30 seconds and scrubbed with a scotch brite pad and wiped it off before letting it dry. It is very cheap for a gallon jug. I used it straight, diluting it was not very effective. Sounds kinda harsh but it worked for me. I use that stuff on all kinds of things.

shadow
12-14-2004, 06:03 AM
Not sure if this will take out stains,But I use soft scrub with bleach and it works really good espeacily on the stitching that tends to get dirty.soft scurb and a soft toothbrush.

FRENCHIE
12-14-2004, 06:04 AM
mr clean ....magic eraser!!!! ;)

91nordic29
12-14-2004, 06:21 AM
make a paste out of baking soda and water and let it sit for awhile, and hour at first, until it fades off. that should do it.