PDA

View Full Version : Weird computer problem...help!

IN2-IN2MX
12-13-2004, 11:38 PM
Ok, my computer is doing something very strange. Under MY PICTURES I have a bunch of folders with different events. The newest folder is all screwy. It is where I put all the Catalina and Yardhouse pics from this past weekend, plus my birthday and Miami trip pictures.
For some reason when I look at the folder's thumbnails it shows a different pic for the name than it shows. But when I click on the thumbnail it brings up the correct pic that corresponds to that name. For example, the thumbnail will show a pic of Catalina but it is titled "My Birthday 03" and when I click to enlarge the pic it shows an enlarged pic of my birthday! WTF! :mad: Does anyone know why this is happening? Thanks!

bunny 166
12-13-2004, 11:40 PM
computer lame over here, hun...sorry! :(

IN2-IN2MX
12-13-2004, 11:41 PM
computer lame over here, hun...sorry! :(
me tooooooo :(

Rexone
12-13-2004, 11:44 PM
Does anyone know why this is happening? Thanks!
yes its focked up.

Kilrtoy
12-13-2004, 11:46 PM
Oh no your in trouble, QUICK give your computer to me and run

Rexone
12-13-2004, 11:47 PM
do you have anti-virus software installed, updated current and running? If not you may have picked up something bad.
do you have anti spyware programs installed, updated and using them regularly?
if yes to all of the above I'd try rebooting. sometimes they just go wacko and need a reboot. I've never had what you describe happen though. I'm somewhat of a puter tard. on the techy side anyway.

Kindsvater Flat
12-13-2004, 11:53 PM
do you have anti-virus software installed, updated current and running? If not you may have picked up something bad.
if yes to all of the above I'd try rebooting. sometimes they just go wacko and need a reboot. I've never had what you describe happen though. I'm somewhat of a puter tard. on the techy side anyway.
Agree with this guy. :D

Havasu Hangin'
12-14-2004, 05:40 AM
If you download pics off a camera, and the pic number (file name) is the same as a previously moved, deleted, or renamed pic, sometimes the thumbnail will display the old pic until you refresh it (right click "refresh thumbnail").

dicudmore
12-14-2004, 07:32 AM
hmmm..... I'd try :hammer2: if all else fails....
Oh, and I want to see the pics :wink:

IN2-IN2MX
12-14-2004, 08:02 AM
:eek: Um...come again? Not great with computers so I will let Mike handle this.
Thanks everyone for the advice. :)

IN2-IN2MX
12-14-2004, 08:06 AM
If you download pics off a camera, and the pic number (file name) is the same as a previously moved, deleted, or renamed pic, sometimes the thumbnail will display the old pic until you refresh it (right click "refresh thumbnail").
HAVASU HANGIN' - YOU ARE THE BOMB! This worked! Woohooooo. I am so happy. Love ya, love ya, love ya. I thought I was going to lose some of my bday and Miami pics but they're all there. I am gonna run and save all my pics to a disk now cuz I'm so freaked out. THANK YOUUUUUUU HH! :) :rollside: :smile: :p

IN2-IN2MX
12-14-2004, 08:07 AM
Oh no your in trouble, QUICK give your computer to me and run
sureeeeeee, I'll trade you computers. Your pics keep getting me in busted. :wink:

Havasu Hangin'
12-14-2004, 08:21 AM
HAVASU HANGIN' - YOU ARE THE BOMB! This worked! Woohooooo. I am so happy. Love ya, love ya, love ya. I thought I was going to lose some of my bday and Miami pics but they're all there. I am gonna run and save all my pics to a disk now cuz I'm so freaked out. THANK YOUUUUUUU HH! :) :rollside: :smile: :p
Anytime. ;)
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
:D

dicudmore
12-14-2004, 08:25 AM
does this mean there is gonna be pics?? :D

IN2-IN2MX
12-14-2004, 08:37 AM
does this mean there is gonna be pics?? :D
Hee hee. Not very good pics but there are a few cute ones from Miami. Will have to wait until later tonight. I have a job interview at 10 so I gotta go get ready. :boxed:

dicudmore
12-14-2004, 08:55 AM
good luck, will cross fingers for ya :wink: