PDA

View Full Version : Border Control

Her454
12-14-2004, 12:38 PM
I had a discussion this weekend regarding border control and the fact that if you are an illegal alien in the US and working and contributing to the system you should be entitled to benefits under the US system. I may have even asked this question before as it seems to come up every time Im in Arizona and someone talks about the border issues.
A very close friend of mine is in Law Enforcement in Yuma and deals with alot of death along the border. He mentioned the incident a few years ago where 15 dead bodies were discovered and how horrific it was to have to work that
day out in the desert and process the bodies etc. We both have alot of mexican (No I'm not racist) friends as we grew up together in Yuma and its obviously a border town. He has seen alot more than I have in my years and I respect his intelligence, but our opinions differ greatly on this subject. While I have empathy for their situations, I still think they should be sent back once caught on US soil, injured or not. He told me some terrible stories of hardships, death and determination in trying to reach their dream of living in the US but it still did not sway my opinion. I think if you want to live in the US you should SPEAK English and obtain US Citizenship if it means that much to you. He feels that if you have lived here a certain amount of time and worked then you should be entitled to US benefits/health etc. I do not.
What is the general consensus here?

Mrs. Restless22
12-14-2004, 12:42 PM
My thoughts are very simple on this matter....if you cannot speak English, you do not belong here.
If you can speak english, well then you can get your citizenship and work in a job that supports your 15 children back home. (not a racist comment) :D

Jbb
12-14-2004, 12:44 PM
Pack em up and ship them to Tom Browns house in Canada....He has a sweatshop in his basement making bran muffins and burritos...and He is always looking for some .....new help.....ole! :hammer2:

tamalewagon
12-14-2004, 12:47 PM
I had a discussion this weekend regarding border control and the fact that if you are an illegal alien in the US and working and contributing to the system you should be entitled to benefits under the US system.
A very close friend of mine is in Law Enforcement in Yuma and deals with alot of death along the border. He mentioned the incident a few years ago where 15 dead bodies were discovered and how horrific it was to have to work that
day out in the desert and process the bodies etc. We both have alot of mexican (No I'm not racist) friends as we grew up together in Yuma and its obviously a border town. He has seen alot more than I have in my years and I respect his intelligence, but our opinions differ greatly on this subject. While I have empathy for their situations, I still think they should be sent back once caught on US soil, injured or not. He told me some terrible stories of hardships, death and determination in trying to reach their dream of living in the US but it still did not sway my opinion. I think if you want to live in the US you should SPEAK English and obtain US Citizenship if it means that much to you. He feels that if you have lived here a certain amount of time and worked then you should be entitled to US benefits/health etc. I do not.
Nationality or ethnic background should not be the question. I believe it should be "is the person(s) here legally?" Regardless if the person is Mexican, French, Italian, Russian etc. they should be deported without proper documentation stating they are allowed to remain in this country.

Her454
12-14-2004, 12:52 PM
Nationality or ethnic background should not be the question. I believe it should be "is the person(s) here legally?" Regardless if the person is Mexican, French, Italian, Russian etc. they should be deported without proper documentation stating they are allowed to remain in this country.
Nationality was stated in this post since I was specifically referring to the border problems on the Mexican/Arizona border and they are the only ones I am personally familiar with. Otherwise, yes you are correct.

Lake Ape
12-14-2004, 12:55 PM
My thoughts are very simple on this matter....if you cannot speak English, you do not belong here.
If you can speak english, well then you can get your citizenship and work in a job that supports your 15 children back home. (not a racist comment) :D
Now wait a second here, The United States of America, is by nature composed of people who at one time or another didn't speak English in the begining unless they came from an english speaking nation of Europe. If you went by that mentality unless you speak Navajo, Apache, Blackfoot, etc. you don't belong here. Guess what, bye, bye and I hope you have your bags packed!
I live in Mesa, AZ and have to put up with illegals every day. In short yes, I agree they should not be here illegally but they should be given the chance if they pay thier dues and go through the system.

NOTALENT
12-14-2004, 12:57 PM
As long as they do it the legal way. I have no problem with it. If they are going to try and do it illegaly send all there ass back no matter where they come from. That is why we are losing so many damn jobs for our current american citizens. Another thing I hate is that law where they want to give those licenses to the illegal aliens...shit if they cant afford insurance, what in the hell are we going to do if they crash into someone?? Plus the fact that we are over populating our schools, because they are being bused into the nicer areas..damn..this subject can get messy.

lucky
12-14-2004, 12:57 PM
border crossing should coincide with hunting seasons :rolleyes: --
yep - red,- i got me a canadian arse talker - he was this big ;=========0

Lady Rat Attack 1
12-14-2004, 12:59 PM
I agree with you T. I deal with many different nationalities where I work. What makes me the most angry is these people that I deal with are truck drivers and when they come into my plant and CAN NOT speak english my nerves go out the roof :mad: How in the hell can you drive a truck on the hiways that my taxes pay and NOT speak our language. I don't care if you live here but speak in my language. :mad:

tamalewagon
12-14-2004, 01:00 PM
Nationality was stated in this post since I was specifically referring to the border problems on the Mexican/Arizona border and they are the only ones I am personally familiar with. Otherwise, yes you are correct.
Believe me...I know what you are talking about. I live in San Diego. Granted, the problems along the border in Yuma are 10 time worse than in San Diego.

Lake Ape
12-14-2004, 01:02 PM
My mom's parents spoke only Swedish when they came over and my dad's only spoke Gaelic and they seemed to make it out ok. You can't just flip the language switch, but you do have to make a living!

RiverOtter
12-14-2004, 01:04 PM
My mom's parents spoke only Swedish when they came over and my dad's only spoke Gaelic and they seemed to make it out ok. You can't just flip the language switch, but you do have to make a living!
Not trying to high jack you thread but I saw your name Lake Ape. Cracked me up. :D

Powerquestboy
12-14-2004, 01:04 PM
There are a couple insteresting sides to this arguement. Most of the Illegals that you think try so hard to get into this country and seek a better life are really just coming and going as they please. These guys go back and forth all the time. I worked in the golf industry for a long time and these guys would come work maintinance in the summer and go home for the winter and live like kings on all the money they saved. The same guys returned every summer when the course opened up. There is definitley some travisties that occur at the border but they know the risks and are willing to take them.
The other thing is our economy really cant survive without these people anymore, they are more than willing to do jobs that many americans wont.
I hate the fact that these guys are driving on our streets in cars that arent even close to being road worthy putting people in danger. Then when they get hurt in an accident, our governement has to pay for their health care.
Personally, I say ship'em home and make the bums in america work a hard job for their money instead of begging for it on the freeway off-ramp.

12-14-2004, 01:05 PM
The illegal Mexicans crossing the border are not our biggest worry. We should be more concerned about the radical Muslim terrorists that cross the border with the Mexicans. I think a 20' wall with an 660 volt electrical hot wire at the top just for insurance and maybe a couple of USMC divisions for a little extra security.

Her454
12-14-2004, 01:06 PM
Now wait a second here, The United States of America, is by nature composed of people who at one time or another didn't speak English in the begining unless they came from an english speaking nation of Europe. If you went by that mentality unless you speak Navajo, Apache, Blackfoot, etc. you don't belong here. Guess what, bye, bye and I hope you have your bags packed!
I live in Mesa, AZ and have to put up with illegals every day. In short yes, I agree they should not be here illegally but they should be given the chance if they pay thier dues and go through the system.
Living in Arizona I cant believe you actually made that statement. Of course we are all of different Nationalities, that is not the issue here. We have "Illegals should be given the chance if they pay thier dues and go through the system?" Do you mean go through legally? Why the hell should they get different treatment than any US Citizen that has a right to these benefits?

Her454
12-14-2004, 01:07 PM
And thats fine, good for them, but did they do it legally?

Havasu_Dreamin
12-14-2004, 01:08 PM
I'm with you Traci. Like minds think alike. :D

NOTALENT
12-14-2004, 01:09 PM
They do work some of the jobs that most adults wont work..But unfortuatley those jobs at kmart, fast food places etc..should be for teenagers..Now its even difficult for them to get jobs.

Havasu_Dreamin
12-14-2004, 01:10 PM
The illegal Mexicans crossing the border are not our biggest worry. We should be more concerned about the radical Muslim terrorists that cross the border with the Mexicans. I think a 20' wall with an 660 volt electrical hot wire at the top just for insurance and maybe a couple of USMC divisions for a little extra security.
DING DING DING DING! We have a winner. If you have not read The Teeth of the Tiger by Tom Clancy, granted it is fiction, but it is directly related to this issue.

Lake Ape
12-14-2004, 01:11 PM
The other thing is our economy really cant survive without these people anymore, they are more than willing to do jobs that many americans wont.
Personally, I say ship'em home and make the bums in america work a hard job for their money instead of begging for it on the freeway off-ramp.
Actually if we are true Capitalists someone will do the jobs they are currently doing. The $50 bucks I pay the guy to take care of my lawn every month would increase to $100 when the legal guy does it and so on and so fourth. If there is a job that someone actually wants done a person will set a price for that job and an agreement will be made. It comes down to how bad do you want someone else to mow your lawn and how bad do you need the money, it's called Capitalism at it's greatest!

Her454
12-14-2004, 01:14 PM
I'm with you Traci. Like minds think alike. :D
Thank you, but your still at #1. Nice try tho. :D

Powerquestboy
12-14-2004, 01:15 PM
They do work some of the jobs that most adults wont work..But unfortuatley those jobs at kmart, fast food places etc..should be for teenagers..Now its even difficult for them to get jobs.
Actually the jobs I'm talking about are jobs most teenagers wont do these days. Grunt lanscape work, Farming is a big one, anything thats major laboring. Construction industry etc. For the most part contractors love these guys because they will do anything for any amount of time for a nominal amount of money. Stuff that requires a full time + employee.

12-14-2004, 01:17 PM
DING DING DING DING! We have a winner. If you have not read The Teeth of the Tiger by Tom Clancy, granted it is fiction, but it is directly related to this issue.Fiction is just history that hasn't happen yet.

NOTALENT
12-14-2004, 01:18 PM
Actually the jobs I'm talking about are jobs most teenagers wont do these days. Grunt lanscape work, Farming is a big one, anything thats major laboring. Construction industry etc. For the most part contractors love these guys because they will do anything for any amount of time for a nominal amount of money. Stuff that requires a full time + employee.
with all the drop outs and uneducated teens these days construction is a huge job thats wanted. It pays well. You dont need a good education. you travel.. and learn a trade..maybe most teens wouldnt do the other grunt work...but maybe some of these damn people who are on wellfare would get off there lazy asses..and work.

tamalewagon
12-14-2004, 01:19 PM
Fiction is just history that hasn't happen yet.
Huh? :confused:

Performance 19
They obviously MADE THE EFFORT to learn the language. Personally, I am tired of our tax dollars going to produce government documents in all other languages (i.e, DMV booklets and paperwork, welfare, Social Security, etc) They should learn the language in order to apply for benefits, license, etc!

dirty old man
If ALL employers had to submit payroll tax deductions for all the green carders or illegals they hire, well, at least they are partially paying their way. this is a two sided sword. they do a lot of jobs a lot of us won't, landscapers, dishwashers, garbage/trash handlers, and of course the traditional fruit/vegatable ag workers. I wonder if there are enough out of workers who would take these jobs and bring us back to zero unemployment? I could argue both sides here, and win/lose both ways. My biggest problem is medical services and welfare when there has been no contribution to the economy.
Finally, does the border patrol know how many non-mexicans come over our southern borders? I personally couldn't tell an Iraqui from - well you know

Squirtin Thunder
12-14-2004, 01:24 PM
You all have very good points. But I agree with my Hero Traci (Her454) 99.9%
Jim

Her454
12-14-2004, 01:25 PM
They obviously MADE THE EFFORT to learn the language. Personally, I am tired of our tax dollars going to produce government documents in all other languages (i.e, DMV booklets and paperwork, welfare, Social Security, etc) They should learn the language in order to apply for benefits, license, etc!
EXACTLY. My parents had to pay for all my school books in high school and college. In some instances my high school granted free books to "illegals" that could not afford them. ????
Also, I was at a store in the Mall in Yuma awhile back and wanted some information on something in the camera department. I was furious to find that all the information on the digital I was researching was only available in Spanish. NOTHING in English and the clerk could NOT help me. I understand and speak Spanish but I REFUSED to converse in spanish because he could NOT speak English. Stubborn? Maybe. But I made my purchase elsewhere and also wrote a letter to the Store Chain afterward telling them why.
Its things like this that make up my decision and the reason for this post.

Squirtin Thunder
12-14-2004, 01:26 PM
I just made a call on my card and just realized that if I spoke Spanish I would have one less number to push. WTF ??????

Powerquestboy
12-14-2004, 01:27 PM
with all the drop outs and uneducated teens these days construction is a huge job thats wanted. It pays well. You dont need a good education. you travel.. and learn a trade..maybe most teens wouldnt do the other grunt work...but maybe some of these damn people who are on wellfare would get off there lazy asses..and work.
I agree, I wish lazy welfare people would pick up a shovel and do this work too and stop being a drain on our economy. Unfortunatley its easier to sit at home and live off welfare and food stamps.
They have actually done several studies on this and found it to be true that our economy cant operate the way it does now without these people. Its a huge issue in Politics. Farmers are barely surviving these days and without illegals they would have to pay a lot more money to get their crops harvested and they would end up going under.
In Phoenix finding anyone thats willing to shovel rock all day in 110 degree heat for 10 hours straight is nearly impossible. But the Illegals will gladly do it...and they will do it $4 dollars an hour.

OGShocker
12-14-2004, 01:34 PM
Pack em up and ship em back to where they came from.
Forensic
OK, but who will pick my veggies.?. :(

Dave C
12-14-2004, 02:00 PM
The big problem that we have with illegals is their inability to pay taxes that fund our benefit programs.
If they don't have a legal job and therefore are paid cash, they do not pay payroll taxes and income taxes. You have all seen this, where those working in the underground economy are paid in cash, and these people have loads of cash on them.
Thanks to Kaleefornia's wacky rules, non-citizens can still collect medical benefits and welfare without paying much in taxes.
So they don't pay into the system but they can still collect from our system. :hammerhea
This is fundamentally unfair to legal residents.

Lake Ape
12-14-2004, 02:08 PM
OK, but who will pick my veggies.?. :(
If you are one of the girls in the picture I will....

Mardonzi
12-14-2004, 02:38 PM
I fully agree with you Traci,, I'm am a first generation AMERICAN. My family immigrated to the United States in the 1950's. My grandparents and my father all learned the english language and worked hard for everything they have. That is what the "American Dream" is about. I work in the construction industry and have been beat out on bids by other companies who employ illegals and can afford to underbid those of us who are following the tax and labor laws because they dont have to pay into the system for their workmans comp, FICA and medicare (which where I live amounts to about 30% of the labor cost).
I fully welcome anyone to wants to better their life, but they should do it legally. After all, doing something illegal is a CRIMINAL ACT, isn't it? Apply for a visa, come to our country, take the citizenship classes, and naturalize. Either that or get a work visa, come to our country, work, then go home. I know that when I travel to another country and want to rent a car or drive on their roads, I have to have an understanding of the local language. When was the last time you saw a bi-lingual road sign in Mexico City??? I know that when I travel south of the border, I am required to obtain Mexican Insurance and conform to the local laws. Shouldn't we be entitled to the same consideration?

Havasu_Dreamin
12-14-2004, 02:40 PM
Thank you, but your still at #1. Nice try tho. :D
I think you're referring to Havasu Hangin not little ol' :p me.

Her454
12-14-2004, 02:42 PM
I think you're referring to Havasu Hangin not little ol' :p me.
Whoooooooops. Wow, that was almost a "blonde" moment. :D Sorry HD.

Havasu_Dreamin
12-14-2004, 02:45 PM
Whoooooooops. Wow, that was almost a "blonde" moment. :D Sorry HD.
No worries. :rollside:

1h20lowrider
12-14-2004, 03:20 PM
To:her454
I bet anything you are a taurus!!!!

Her454
12-14-2004, 03:28 PM
To:her454
I bet anything you are a taurus!!!!
Libra. Why? You saying Im stubborn? LOL
WELCOME TO THE BOARDS BTW. :):):)

DryHeatOnly
12-14-2004, 05:51 PM
Can an uneducated, unemployed, unskilled, dirt-poor Mexican enter the U.S. legally? What is required to gain a Visa?
What are the qualifications for legal entry? People have emmigrated from all parts of the world to the U.S. "legally" with nothing to offer except their desire for self/family improvement (American Dream). Do they all have a legitamite reason for being accepted here?
It's obvious that foreign born students, professionals, etc. have something to contribute but what about the people who don't? How are they different from the Mexican illegal alien? Is language their only attribute?
It seems to me that it's easy to legally get into our country so long as you're not a Mexican.
BTW - I'm in favor of tighter borders...all 4 of them.

Ziggy
12-14-2004, 06:03 PM
I had a discussion this weekend regarding border control and the fact that if you are an illegal alien in the US and working and contributing to the system you should be entitled to benefits under the US system. I may have even asked this question before as it seems to come up every time Im in Arizona and someone talks about the border issues.
As a child of an immigrant that worked his way through the proper channels I find it offensive that these folks, as poor or sick as they may be, get OUR benefits handed to them regularly. My parents had to learn the language and go through all the BS to become LEGAL residents of the United States. I have no problem with the Mexican people to come and become part of our society so long as the proper way of entry has been procured and they participate in the same taxes we all do.

Rexone
12-14-2004, 06:32 PM
We have a "legal" system in place for immigrints to enter the US legally and eventually become US citizens. Why does our government not insist people use it. Laws that are not enforced or only enforced selectively should be scuttled. I'm not suggesting ditching legal immigration in favor of open borders, just the opposite. The government should enforce the "legal" immigration process by not allowing illegals to enter period. Its one area I have a big problem with the Bush admin on. And that doesn't even touch on the terriorist aspect potential of what's going on. Mexico is like a revolving door to the US for the world.
And every US citizen is paying for these folks to be here and use up US services and money, benefits etc whether it be medical, educational or otherwise. US citizens are paying for all of it through taxes, overcrowded schools and medical facilities, and even hospitals closing because of the tremendous financial burden of having to treat these people who are here illegally and many other overcrowded and overburdened government services originally designed for US citizens benefit.
Illegal has a meaning. The government just convieniently lost their section i of the dictionary.

LilHarley
12-14-2004, 06:40 PM
I believe as it seems many of you. If the person is here legally so be it, whatever nationality.
Unfortunately, I have always had the problem with bi-lingual. Yes, it may be hard to understand your rights, bills, etc., but there is that incentive to learn (or at least insure that your children learn) English.
I also have a hard time with the term "illegal alien rights". How can you have rights if your are illegally in this country. There citizens of other countries who are waiting to be allowed in this country legally. I have always despised people who take cuts .... Oh well, just my 2 cents!! ... :hammerhea

Rexone
12-14-2004, 06:47 PM
There citizens of other countries who are waiting to be allowed in this country legally. I have always despised people who take cuts .... Oh well, just my 2 cents!! ... :hammerhea
It is much like cutting in line I agree. If I was trying to enter this country as a legal immigrint from somewhere, even Mexico, I'd be more than a little pissed.
And I place the blame on our government, not the illegal immigrints. Its the government allowing, even encouraging, it. That is why the illegals come here (because they can).
Politicians really piss me off with all their doubletalk on this subject.

Tanker Ray
12-14-2004, 07:33 PM
I believe that the Mexican border ought to have a military training base along it from the Pacific Ocean to the gulf. It would be a minimum of 1 mile wide and have bridges or tunnels at border crossings. Anything that attempts to cross this zone should be obliterated!
or how about this:
When we catch an illegal, we implant a chip for future identification and tatoo their right forearm and send them back.... when we catch them again, we tatoo the other arm and send them back.... when we catch them a third time, we return them "open casket" with their forearms facing the sky! It wouldn't take "speaking english" for other illegals to understand the message!

TCHB
12-14-2004, 08:16 PM
Illegal has a meaning. The government just convieniently lost their section i of the dictionary
Yes there is only one reason the law is ignored!!! Money and Money
We the American people like the benifits of cheap labor and the business owners love the low cost of labor. Until the public really wants it to change it will not!

Rexone
12-14-2004, 08:32 PM
It will be interesting to see if this money value overrides the destructive and negative value after the first major terrorist attack that occurs that can be traced to someone walking over the mex border. I think it more of a when than and if if the open border policy isn't changed. Or entry through a port like long beach / la.

bfab33
12-14-2004, 09:06 PM
I would worry more about all the jobs and manufacturing going overseas than the illegal immigrant problem - not that it isn't a problem.

Ziggy
12-14-2004, 11:07 PM
Illegal has a meaning. The government just convieniently lost their section i of the dictionary
We the American people like the benifits of cheap labor and the business owners love the low cost of labor. Until the public really wants it to change it will not!
The age old argument--do the benefits of their low cost labor outweigh the benefits they take from us.????? Our safety in itself should be considered as Rex expresses, its no different than any other port of entry.

hugh jascock
12-15-2004, 01:28 AM
i dont mind them being here if they respect this country and appreciate the oportunity it affords them but this is seldom the case. alot of the ones i see hate this country and all the "gringos" that live here. they think this is mexico and that we are the foreiners.they refuse to speak english. if you ask me the latino's are some of the biggest racist's there are. they live here but there country is mexico and they refuse to asimilate themselves into our society.
the bottom line is whitey is focked in this area of the country, it's too late to change it and the politicians wont do anything about it either.
the reason most latino's wont try to be u.s. citizens is because they dont want to give up their mexican citizenship as that is the country they have allegiance too and they only want to take what they can from the u.s.
remember the old bumper stickers that had a u.s. flag and the words "LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT" as far as i'm concerned i dont care if you are black,brown,white,yellow or whatever, if you are going to reap the benifits of our society then you should be willing to do whatever is neccasary to obtain u.s. citizenship and be a "PROUD AMERICAN". you should pay tax on the money you make and adhere to the laws of our society. you should not be a burden on this country.
AMERICANS used to be able to go anywhere in the world and they were respected,now the europeans dont like us and if it wasn't for the americans they would all be speaking german.
go to mexico and try to buy property there. guess what, you cant! try to go there and work without a visa and work permit and you will end up being sancho's biatch in prison until someone pays to get you out!
they come here and have a baby and then they are parents of a u.s. citizen and can't be deported,i think it should be the other way around, if you are born here and your momma is not a citizen you all get a free bus ride home and thats that!
when i retire i'm going to glue a taco and a basketball to the hood of my truck and start driving. when i pull into a town for gas and they ask me "whats that on you're hood" i'm going straight to the real estate office and buying a house. :)

dirty old man
12-15-2004, 08:38 AM
RIGHT ON Rexone

Essex502
12-15-2004, 08:50 AM
Illegal Aliens are just that - ILLEGAL! They are not here legally. Period. They should have no publically funded benefits. If they sneak into our country ILLEGALLY - thus breaking the law of the land upon entry - then when found they should be shipped back. If they a female illegal should bear a child while in this country the child should go back. Any emergency benefits do to an accident and emergency medical care is provided should be reimbursed to our country and its taxpayers.
My ancestors came here legally and most of all of yours (if not all) came here legally and so should all who come after us.

Lake Ape
12-15-2004, 08:57 AM
I remember once when I lived in Santa Barbara I was rear ended by a mexican driving a 70's Grand Cherokee, I was driving a new Dodge Pickup. When the police and ambulance arrived the police let the guy go. He just left his wrecked truck in the road and walked away. I asked the polic what the hell they were doing and they said he didn't have any identification or insurance and keeping him in jail wouldn't do any good. I had un-insured coverage and was ok but the dude just walked away.....and the police let him!

Moneypitt
12-15-2004, 09:31 AM
Why not use the non violent federal prisoners to police the southern border. Set up barracks 1/4 mile apart, with 6 -8 in each, 3 shifts, for every invader caught each man in the barracks gets 1 day off his sentence. I guarentee you not one would get through, and it wouldn't cost us anything we're not already paying to house these federal offenders.............MP

Seadog
12-15-2004, 09:47 AM
We have two issues here. One is illegal immigration. We allocate so many people from each country to be allowed into the United States. If you are poor and unskilled, fat chance. Legal exceptions are allowed for political or religeous persecution. While we have problems with illegal immigration from many nations, the Mexican issue is much closer to home due to the porous nature of the border and the problems that they have.
Then you have the language issue. With the shear volume of illegal immigrants from Mexico and other latin America countries, the poverty and lack of education they have, and the fact they have the normal tendancy to form colonies, you have a large group that makes little effort to learn the language. Add those who want to take back Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California, and anyone between the two positions, and you have an anti-white American attitude. Not unlike the idiots in Quebec who have outlawed doing business in anything but French.
The reality, if you come into this country illegally and refuse to become one with the majority, you are an invader. Just because it is not done by a government, does not make it any less so. 9/11 was not done by another nation, but it was an act of war anyway. We just have trouble trying to get people to realize this. People say we cannot link 9/11 with Iraq, but they forget that in WWII, the Japanese were the ones that attacked us, but we also declared war on Germany and Italy.

Ziggy
12-15-2004, 10:44 AM
What really chaps me is seeing a Mexican flag flying above Our American Flag around the neighborhoods :220v: --shows little respect for our country in my eyes :yuk:

Her454
12-15-2004, 10:45 AM
What really chaps me is seeing a Mexican flag flying above Our American Flag around the neighborhoods :220v: --shows little respect for our country in my eyes :yuk:
THAT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL. :yuk:

hugh jascock
12-15-2004, 03:17 PM
why is it if a u.s. citizen goes to mexico and has a baby with a mexican citizen and the baby is born in mexico then that baby is a us citizen but two mexicans here illegaly can have a baby and it is a u.s. citizen and the parents can automaticly become naturalized because of that? :confused: :confused:

Her454
12-15-2004, 03:37 PM
why is it if a u.s. citizen goes to mexico and has a baby with a mexican citizen and the baby is born in mexico then that baby is a us citizen but two mexicans here illegaly can have a baby and it is a u.s. citizen and the parents can automaticly become naturalized because of that? :confused: :confused:
I was not aware that just because 2 illegals give birth in the US, they automatically become naturalized. ?????
Im more frustrated now then when I started this thread. :hammerhea

CJ
12-15-2004, 04:45 PM
I saw a story a while back about how the San Diego brach of the US Post Office is the largest branch in America when it comes to the number of PO boxes. The reason being that Mexican citizens pop over the border to pick up checks from the US government. Forgive me for not remembering exactly what these checks were for. I do remember that it is pretty lame the infrastructure we put together to support the illegal immigration.
Maybe the US government should be arrested for aiding and abetting a known criminal.

hugh jascock
12-15-2004, 05:37 PM
I was not aware that just because 2 illegals give birth in the US, they automatically become naturalized. ?????
Im more frustrated now then when I started this thread. :hammerhea
h454,
the parents can apply for legal status because their offspring is a u.s. citizen and they are entitled to welfare,medical,foodstamps etc. they cant be deported back to mexico either.
i see them at the grocery store by my house on the 3rd of the month with 3 carts full of grocerys and they cash their welfare checks and get 3,000.00 dollars change back! then they drive off in their new car with mexican flags on it! something is not right with the system. i have to home school my kids because the public schools are 80% hispanic and they dont like gringo's in "their" school!
this sh itt is out of control and its only going to get worse!

Performance 19
12-15-2004, 05:47 PM
Monday is the day we should all buy gasoline, whether we need it or not. Why? Because those who support illegal aliens getting a driver license in this state, (Mexican American Political Assosciation ), have decided to voice thier opinions by boycotting gas stations on Mondays! Kind of like a few months ago when they boycotted shopping for a day to protest the fact that illegals were not getting licenses. That was a big shopping day for me.

Jetboatguru
12-15-2004, 06:03 PM
Hey Trace,
Give me a call on my cell phone. I had to go to Yuma to pick up a bunch friends. Their car broke down.

burtandnancy
12-16-2004, 07:52 AM
Todays newspaper: ACLU sues Border Patrol. (For doing their job!) You will have to read the complete story, but.......

Her454
12-16-2004, 09:38 AM
Hey Trace,
Give me a call on my cell phone. I had to go to Yuma to pick up a bunch friends. Their car broke down.
Which side of the fence are they on? :hammerhea
Todays newspaper: ACLU sues Border Patrol. (For doing their job!) You will have to read the complete story, but.......
Where is the article..................?