PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Cell Phone Info

Her454
12-15-2004, 10:12 AM
Sorry if this is a re-post.....
Starting Jan 1, 2005, all cell phone numbers will be made public to telemarketing firms. So this means as of Jan 1, your cell phone may start ringing off the hook with telemarketers, but unlike your home phone, most of you pay for your incoming calls. These telemarketers will eat up your free minutes and end up costing you money in the long run.
According to the National Do Not Call List, you have until Dec. 15th 2004 to get on the national "Do not call list" for cell phones. They said that you need to call 1-888-382-1222 from the cell phone that you wish to have put on the "do not call list" to be put on the list.
They also said you can do it online at _www.donotcall.gov_
(http://www.donotcall.gov/)
Registering only takes a minute, is in effect for 5 years and will possibly save you money (definitely frustration)! Make sure you register now!

Lake Ape
12-15-2004, 10:18 AM
No this is a SPOOF! It is all over the news! Robin on HS even had it in her news today!

Her454
12-15-2004, 10:19 AM
No this is a SPOOF! It is all over the news! Robin on HS even had it in her news today!
Hmmmm, since it came from my manager I assumed it was valid.
THanks-

RiverRatMike
12-15-2004, 10:20 AM
Sorry if this is a re-post.....
Starting Jan 1, 2005, all cell phone numbers will be made public to telemarketing firms. So this means as of Jan 1, your cell phone may start ringing off the hook with telemarketers, but unlike your home phone, most of you pay for your incoming calls. These telemarketers will eat up your free minutes and end up costing you money in the long run.
According to the National Do Not Call List, you have until Dec. 15th 2004 to get on the national "Do not call list" for cell phones. They said that you need to call 1-888-382-1222 from the cell phone that you wish to have put on the "do not call list" to be put on the list.
They also said you can do it online at _www.donotcall.gov_
(http://www.donotcall.gov/)
Registering only takes a minute, is in effect for 5 years and will possibly save you money (definitely frustration)! Make sure you register now!
it's as simple as this....don't answer it!

Her454
12-15-2004, 10:23 AM
http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_cell_phone_directory.htm
Here is clarification.

Ziggy
12-15-2004, 10:26 AM
There is still some validity to it but not with the great urgency that has been made it out to be.

Oldsquirt
12-15-2004, 10:31 AM
Here's the FTC "frequently asked questions" page....... FTC-Do Not Call (http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/alerts/dncalrt.htm)

Jordy
12-15-2004, 02:41 PM
T, like it matters to you. You lose your phone every couple days anyway so it's not like they could get in touch with you if they wanted to. :D

Her454
12-15-2004, 02:50 PM
T, like it matters to you. You lose your phone every couple days anyway so it's not like they could get in touch with you if they wanted to. :D
LMAO..............My softwear went bad in the Nokia in August...(I had this phone for almost a year and a half) .......replaced that phone on the way to Berryessa to see you and Partycat.....hated that phone so I replaced it in September.....lost that phone shortly after and replaced it.....lost that replacement in October at the lake at the HalloRoost and replaced that.....lost that one in Glamis in November I think.....lost that replacement couple of weeks later at the dunes.................I've had this one now for ummmmmmm.....
YES I need stock in AT&T.

NorCal Gameshow
12-15-2004, 02:50 PM
there is some truth to it ...i've already received telemarketer calls on my cell... it's only going to get worse... :frown:
even on the " Do not call" list they can still call you, if they do business with a co. you recently bought something from ...be careful who you give your phone number to ....
BTW, how many of you have ever bought something from a telemarketer????

HCS
12-15-2004, 02:54 PM
there is some truth to it ...i've already received telemarketer calls on my cell... it's only going to get worse... :frown:
even on the " Do not call" list they can still call you, if they do business with a co. you recently bought something from ...be careful who you give your phone number to ....
BTW, how many of you have ever bought something from a telemarketer????
Good point. I have never bought anything from those bastards. Also I have never ordered anything through all that junk mail I get. Credit cards or whatever.

Jordy
12-15-2004, 02:56 PM
Also I have never ordered anything through all that junk mail I get. Credit cards or whatever.
I send all the reply envelopes back to them. Some empty, some I stuff with other junk mail offers. They pay more than the standard mail rate for them. I get a couple a week. I wonder if they every use the service coupons I send them???? Duct cleaning, landscaping, pool installs. :D

HCS
12-15-2004, 03:06 PM
I send all the reply envelopes back to them. Some empty, some I stuff with other junk mail offers. They pay more than the standard mail rate for them. I get a couple a week. I wonder if they every use the service coupons I send them???? Duct cleaning, landscaping, pool installs. :D
Good freaking idea. I'm going to start doing that. Everybody should. :idea:

Her454
12-15-2004, 03:14 PM
A little sand in them couldnt hurt. :)