PDA

View Full Version : What a Nightmare

Boozer
12-15-2004, 01:56 PM
So the renovation to my house has gone underway and what a nightmare. When we gave the go ahead we were under the impression that the kitchen was going to be the last thing to get ripped up so that we would be without a kitchen only a couple of weeks.
Well... It's week 2 of construction and there's now a huge hole in the kitchen thats actually going to be bigger and run into the dining room because the original drain pipe in the house completely decomposed and they have to put a new one in. I was awoken at 6am this morning by the contractor asking me to let him in and telling me that they were going to have to punch a whole in the kitchen floor with a jackhammer. Needless to say I havent been able to go back to sleep since.
So much for only losing the kitchen for a couple weeks. Probably wont have the kitchen for another 3 months at this point.

Ziggy
12-15-2004, 01:58 PM
BBQ time...beer fridge can be plugged in anywhere ;)
Been there, done that.

bunny 166
12-15-2004, 01:59 PM
It'll be worth it in the end...hang in there!

MissHavasuCig
12-15-2004, 02:09 PM
Exactly why we bought the trailer ~ so we wouldn't have to live in the middle of the remodel!!! :yuk:
Good luck to ya!
p.s. need a trailer? :p

NorCal Gameshow
12-15-2004, 02:10 PM
your contractor was there at 6 a.m. ???
you've scored....

Boozer
12-15-2004, 02:19 PM
your contractor was there at 6 a.m. ???
you've scored....
Yup. These guys are pretty good and they actually offered the most reasonable price.
It will definitely be worth it in the end but these next 4 months are going to be hell.

NorCal Gameshow
12-15-2004, 02:24 PM
Yup. These guys are pretty good and they actually offered the most reasonable price.
It will definitely be worth it in the end but these next 4 months are going to be hell.
hell is writing the check.... the rest is just a formality