PDA

View Full Version : My kid cracked me up ...

FMluvswater
12-16-2004, 11:36 AM
A recent incident reminded me of when I was concerned that my boy was a picky eater. I was seeking advice on how to get him to try stuff and came across a piece of advice to sneak off with food I want him to eat and act like I'm hiding it from him and don't want him to have it cuz it's sooo yummy. This is apparently irresistible to some kids; they will want whatever you are having even if they don't know and have never had what you are having! :D
The incident:
So I was munching on a black licorice twizzler and my boy starts eyeing it wistfully and he wants to know if it's candy. I tell him yes. So he wants some. :D
I remind him he doesn't like molasses and tell him licorice is made with molasses and has a strong flavor. He insists he doesn't recall ever trying molasses. I remind him he tried it this past summer and that he made yuck faces :yuk: but he still doesn't recall this so I relent. I tell him, "Try a little piece. If you like it I'll give you the rest."
So he nibbles a small piece of it and grins at me and gives me a thumbs up. I give him the rest of that piece. He takes another bite chews twice and then he starts with the shivering and making the yuck faces! OMG I laughed so hard! :D
I was thinking about that incident today and started laughing again so I felt like sharing. :D
Course ever nosy me, now I'm wondering what things your kids or kids you know have done that cracked you up? Do tell. :D

RiverOtter
12-16-2004, 11:43 AM
Too funny FM. I've had the same sort of thing happy. Kids are so eager to please.

Ziggy
12-16-2004, 12:16 PM
My daughter did a similar thing just teh other day but just the opposite. She was addiment about not wanting to eat a Wonton with sweet/sour sauce...but I convinced her to touch it on her tongue. Her eyes lit up and she ate the other two we had left.
Its so much fun to watch them learn new tastes that they thought they'd never touch. :smile:

syke-o
12-16-2004, 12:41 PM
my son is a little over 2 and my daughter is 7 months and has been trying all the new types of baby food and it is absolutely hilarious to watch her face as she tries something new for the first time.. like peas, or sweet potatoes!! :smile:
i tricked my son the other day into takin a bite of some of her baby food and he made the sourest face!!! he seems to remember the taste of the baby food and wont come near it when i offer him any... :p

FMluvswater
12-16-2004, 02:48 PM
LMAO! Oh wow thanks guys I almost forgot about the flip side of that coin! :D
When mine was about 10 months old there was one baby food he would open his mouth for like a baby robin and only time he would NOT try to grab control of the spoon. He would hold his lil hands away out to the sides kinda up in the air and we couldn't shovel the stuff into his mouth fast enough it seemed ... the one baby food? GREEN BEANS! :D LOL! Go figure! :D