PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Women

Ziggy
12-16-2004, 12:48 PM
Can any of you ladies HONESTLY tell me what the real appeal of Diamonds are for you specifically. Yeah, I know they are forever, they make you look good(as if you don't already) and they signify your are or are not taken.........but beyond that what is the true appeal? I'm just trying to really understand the reasons women will forgo other luxuries just to have a nice rock. :idea:

SCUBA STEVE
12-16-2004, 12:51 PM
Ziggy, is Jan going bling bling on you? :D

NOTALENT
12-16-2004, 12:52 PM
I asked a girl that before..and she said because it's shiny. :D

78Eliminator
12-16-2004, 12:54 PM
Let me answer for you since the women are just going to shower you with lies.
Reasons they like diamonds:
1. Bragging rights around their friends.
2. Because like it or not, women are still treated like they were back when the bible was written, as property. So all the diamond is saying is that they are worth a lot. That's why they like the big ones, because it makes them feel like a high priced hooker.
3. Because society tells them that they need one, and they are brainwashed spoonfed sheep.
4. Because spending money on a rock is like a impotent man buying a sports car. Same thing. It says "Yeah, I might be getting old, but I am loaded!"
Ok ladies, FIRE AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

MsDrmr
12-16-2004, 12:55 PM
Zig, mr says I am a rare woman, I don't like jewerly much, (as stated in my post abot x-mas gifts), I dont like to be taken to expensive dinners,and...well...I really like sex.
Diamonds are nice. I have a wedding ring that has almost 3k in it, but you would not know that by it's style cause it's quite simple... I don't understand womens allure with diamonds either....

RiverDave
12-16-2004, 12:55 PM
Can any of you ladies HONESTLY tell me what the real appeal of Diamonds are for you specifically. Yeah, I know they are forever, they make you look good(as if you don't already) and they signify your are or are not taken.........but beyond that what is the true appeal? I'm just trying to really understand the reasons women will forgo other luxuries just to have a nice rock. :idea:
I would suppose it has something along the lines to do with Guys and Chrome.. ;) :D
It's Shiney.. ;)
RD

LVJAKAZ
12-16-2004, 12:56 PM
Well...i had a small diamond and now after 18 years of marriage i have a BIG diamond. The BIG diamond is better :) :) :)

Ziggy
12-16-2004, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the answers ladies-- :D :D I know I'm dancing on thin ice with the question but I have never really understood that.
Yeah Steve, there are the suttle hints now and then but she's luckily not a real Bling factor kinda girl. :rollside:
Brop---I've heard that...but so is a well polished paint job :p

GrapeApe
12-16-2004, 12:58 PM
My girl is in Love with Diamonds as well.. I agree that you can spend some serious cash on the Engagement/Wedding Ring, and justify it... but just to lay out 2-3K a year for Diamonds is excessive... My girl needs some items that are a bit pricey, new Laptop, Lasik Eye Surgery, etc.. She said she would rather Have Diamonds, and forget the others... Maybe her vision will get really bad, and she wont appreciate the Jewelry as much, and not want the Bling.. Bling..
I guess I am in trouble....
*** Grape Ape ***

Her454
Ummmm, I've said it before but I'll say it again. Diamonds are nice but I prefer more Horsepower. :) :rolleyes: :rollside:

Ziggy
Well...i had a small diamond and now after 18 years of marriage i have a BIG diamond. The BIG diamond is better :) :) :)
Why is it better big?(the ring that is :smile: )..now you have to be more carefull with it--can't tell you how many times my wifes ring has cut or snagged me and drawn blood

78Eliminator
12-16-2004, 12:59 PM
It's the same with those stupid, irdiculous Louis Vitton bags. Hello, THEY ARE UGLY. But hey, they cost a lot so they must be good, right?
Pull your head out ladies. If you need to spend jack or have you man spend jack to feel important, do yourself a favor and spend it on a shrink, and while you're there try not to have sex with him!!~!1

topless
12-16-2004, 01:00 PM
It's because we can get more money for them at the pawn shop. :rollside:

Infomaniac
Ummmm, I've said it before but I'll say it again. Diamonds are nice but I prefer more Horsepower. :) :rolleyes: :rollside:
My kind of girl. :rollside:
We will have to work around the coffee thing.

Ziggy
Oh my my, I love you Traci :smile:

Lake Ape
12-16-2004, 01:01 PM
You might want to look into Cubic Zirconia. LOL.....

78Eliminator
12-16-2004, 01:02 PM
There you go ladies!!! Here is THE moral compass that you must follow. A real woman!!!!!!
Can I get an AMEN!?

SCUBA STEVE
12-16-2004, 01:02 PM
Thanks for the answers ladies-- :D :D I know I'm dancing on thin ice with the question but I have never really understood that.
Yeah Steve, there are the suttle hints now and then but she's luckily not a real Bling factor kinda girl. :rollside:
Then you should answer those subtle hints some shinny new battery boxes that RD has! :D And say "what I thought this is what you were hinting about" lol :jawdrop: :D

Newcastle
12-16-2004, 01:03 PM
2. Because like it or not, women are still treated like they were back when the bible was written, as property. So all the diamond is saying is that they are worth a lot. That's why they like the big ones, because it makes them feel like a high priced hooker.
3. Because society tells them that they need one, and they are brainwashed spoonfed sheep.
4. Because spending money on a rock is like a impotent man buying a sports car. Same thing. It says "Yeah, I might be getting old, but I am loaded!"
Friggin' hilarious... I like #2 especially

Her454
12-16-2004, 01:06 PM
It's the same with those stupid, irdiculous Louis Vitton bags. Hello, THEY ARE UGLY. But hey, they cost a lot so they must be good, right?
Pull your head out ladies. If you need to spend jack or have you man spend jack to feel important, do yourself a favor and spend it on a shrink, and while you're there try not to have sex with him!!~!1
Who pissed in your cornflakes this morning 78? Damn. :yuk: I like Diamonds, every female does, and I have a very important one. One that my dad gave my mother. 46 years of marriage later, she left it to me. To me its not the size of the diamond its the relevance and the sentiment. Sure, I oooh and ahhhh over big diamonds, but to each her own. :) Showing them off? Hmmmm. I think if your happily married, children, living the good life with someone you love, and that loves you........ thats something to be much more envious of than a ring. But then again, I've always danced to a different beat in life. :)
My kind of girl. :rollside:
We will have to work around the coffee thing.
Sorry, there will be no budging on the coffee deal. :yuk: :)

IN2-IN2MX
12-16-2004, 01:08 PM
I don't know what the big deal is either. I am not much into jewelry. Mike gets mad at me because I don't wear any earrings...whatever. :hammer2:
My dad gave me diamond earrings once. I lost one immediately. Thus, I can't be trusted with any expensive jewelry. I like food better...LOL! :eek: If my man takes me to eat I am happy as can be. :shift: I know...that's pretty sad.
As for the Louie Vutton (however you spell that), well I must admit that I have 2 of those bags, plus 2 Coach bags, 1 Guess bag, 1 Prado bag. Yep, my closet is full of them. And you know what else...they are all fake. Sorry, but I can't see myself spending one week's salary on a purse!

LVJAKAZ
12-16-2004, 01:10 PM
Why is it better big?(the ring that is :smile: )..now you have to be more carefull with it--can't tell you how many times my wifes ring has cut or snagged me and drawn blood
Im not really a Bling Bling kinda girl, but i like having a nice wedding ring, and i am very careful with it and have never drawn blood :) and everyone knows bigger is better except when its your butt :) :) :) :)

IN2-IN2MX
12-16-2004, 01:10 PM
To me its not the size of the diamond its the relevance and the sentiment.
That's true...a good point.

Her454
12-16-2004, 01:11 PM
That's true...a good point.
And Im like you, I would lose it. Hell I cant even keep a cell phone long......! :)

bunny 166
12-16-2004, 01:11 PM
I have my mom's diamond, too, Traci. It means alot to me...not big at all, but who cares?? We'll spend money on other stuff...

78Eliminator
12-16-2004, 01:12 PM
To me its not the size of the diamond its the relevance and the sentiment.
What kind of ring says "Hi, I'm the kind of girl that likes the Dirty Sanchez"

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
12-16-2004, 01:19 PM
I think it has to do with how precious diamonds are. :idea: the same reason people spring for platinum when white gold looks the same and is much cheaper ;) .........
Omega

Mrs.Racer277
I am a total diamond girl. :rolleyes: They are pretty and shiney. :)
I have my grandmothers engagment ring. And my moms pendent she got when she was 18. I wear them everyday. The hubby just bought me a 10 year anniversary ring that I love.

Her454
I have my mom's diamond, too, Traci. It means alot to me...not big at all, but who cares?? We'll spend money on other stuff...
Exactly. Glad to see Im not the only sentimentalist around here....... And think how much more it will mean to OUR kids. I'll give it to my daughter soon.
Memories and sentiment cannot be purchased.

Liberator TJ1984
What kind of ring says "Hi, I'm the kind of girl that likes the Dirty Sanchez"
The one with " Smoke Rings " on her Panties :idea:

ROZ
12-16-2004, 02:41 PM
I think it has to do with how precious diamonds are. :idea: the same reason people spring for platinum when white gold looks the same and is much cheaper ;) .........
Omega
Yup. I scratched the hell out of my platinum ring just like my old gold ring :D

AzLakeLizard
12-16-2004, 03:41 PM
Ok.. it is a toss up! Like both stones! But I don't think this one will be in my Christmas stocking this year.. ;)

My Man's Sportin' Wood
12-16-2004, 03:51 PM
Dave hit it on the head. I've said that for years. Why do you put chrome headers on your boat? Will it make it faster than the regular ones? Will the chrome air cleaner allow cleaner air than the black one? It looks cool. It's shiny and sparkley. Jewelry is the same. Shiny and sparkley.

totenhosen
12-16-2004, 04:20 PM
and everyone knows bigger is better except when its your butt :) :) :) :)
I always thought clarity and cut were jsut as important.

surfer2001
12-16-2004, 04:24 PM
5k for bling, or 5K for double D's

riverbound
12-16-2004, 04:40 PM
It is definitely a bling thing. My grandmother was really into jewelry and had tons of diamonds ranging from small to her largest is a 10k, My grandfather wore a 5k pinky ring (this was in the 70's) It must have been a pimp thing. For some reason that was just her thing she loved jewelry and art.
We have had alot of her diamonds cut down into smaller more wearable diamonds for the grandkids. There is now a diamond for every one of the grandkids. My wife has the actual diamond that was in my grandmothers wedding ring (not the biggest but obviously the most sentimantal) My aunt has the 10k and my moms wedding ring is made up of my grandfathers pinky ring. Most of the time the big stuff is locked away in a safe deposit box and only worn on special occasions. In some cases its a sentimental thing but I think most of the time its a bling thing. Like it was said before why do we guys have chrome?

TIBURON
12-16-2004, 05:02 PM
5k for bling, or 5K for double D's
Oh yeah !! DD'z :rollside:

Tom Brown
12-16-2004, 05:11 PM
You're a beautiful person, 78E. :)

Mrs.Racer277
12-16-2004, 05:19 PM
So explain the Big Trucks, Fast boats, Fast bikes etc. etc. etc.
Not that girls don't like those too but what is the difference???

Debbolas
12-16-2004, 05:19 PM
AAAAAAAAMen Sister!!! :D
But diamonds are really nice (they are shiney)
and those diamond commercials, where the guy gives the girl a diamond, because he loves her soooooooo much :D (sigh)
But I would rather have a blue engine :D :D
and my purse cost $15 :D

Her454
12-16-2004, 05:21 PM
..........with it running on a blue bottle to match. :):)

Debbolas
12-16-2004, 05:22 PM
..........with it running on a blue bottle to match. :):)
oooooooooooooooooooo :2purples:
(be right back) :wink:

Her454
12-16-2004, 05:24 PM
oooooooooooooooooooo :2purples:
(be right back) :wink:
In all my years at ***boat Deb, you have got the fastest damn fingers for response time I've ever friggin seen! :D

Mrs.Racer277
12-16-2004, 05:26 PM
AAAAAAAAMen Sister!!! :D
But diamonds are really nice (they are shiney)
and those diamond commercials, where the guy gives the girl a diamond, because he loves her soooooooo much :D (sigh)
and my purse cost $15 :D
So what if you want them both??? :D :D

Debbolas
12-16-2004, 05:26 PM
In all my years at ***boat Deb, you have got the fastest damn fingers for response time I've ever friggin seen! :D
I read fast too :D

Debbolas
12-16-2004, 05:27 PM
now...........let's NOT be greedy.............I would take the bigger engine over the diamonds....this is tooooooooo funny. I just asked Scream for diamond earings for Christmas, I thought the blue engine w/blue bottle was OUT of the quesiton :idea:

Her454
12-16-2004, 05:28 PM
Then I'd say you better marry rich or have a damn good job girl. :)

Her454
I thought the blue engine w/blue bottle was OUT of the quesiton :idea:
LMAO...............................

Mrs.Racer277
Then I'd say you better marry rich or have a damn good job girl. :)
Darn is that were I went wrong. ;)

Mrs.Racer277
12-16-2004, 05:32 PM
now...........let's NOT be greedy.............
I can dream can't I. :rolleyes: :)

Debbolas
12-16-2004, 05:33 PM
Yeah, about big blue engines with bottles and diamond bikini's :D

Blown 472
12-16-2004, 05:34 PM
Lmao, and is the pussy better if you buy tha bitch a big rock?? I drop that kinda cash bitch is going to be giving me a rim job.

Ziggy
12-16-2004, 05:57 PM
Sorry but that one with the dorky bearded dude asking his girl if she believes in Santa is the lamest commercial.
I love the more HP theory best....

WUTWZAT
12-16-2004, 06:00 PM
I asked a girl that before..and she said because it's shiny. :D
Yeah, and so is aluminum foil...... For that matter maybe thats why we like polished intakes and such, but they cost way less and are a lot larger.
Jason

Mrs.Racer277
12-16-2004, 06:01 PM
Lmao, and is the pussy better if you buy tha bitch a big rock?? I drop that kinda cash bitch is going to be giving me a rim job.
:hammerhea :boxingguy :hammerhea

Goldilocks
12-16-2004, 06:04 PM
Just like I've never understood why men need a bigger boat or faster car or louder stereo system :hammerhea :confused:
We like them because they are our best friends :D
Here's the style I like. In platinum, please honey :)
http://www.tiffany.com/images/diamond/photo/engagement_etoile.jpg

Ziggy
12-16-2004, 06:13 PM
Just like I've never understood why men need a bigger boat or faster car or louder stereo system :hammerhea :confused:
We like them because they are our best friends :D
Hi Jen,
Lets see---
1)It was my wife request for a bigger boat...I was fine with the old one.
2) I have OEM stereo equipment in all my cars and boat.
3) Opps got me---I happen to sell some fast cars :p
Just like I don't have chrome headers either...and all the stuff I do have on my truck is functional. The trickest thing on my truck was even bought by the wife...Ironic isn't it.
Now you can see why I am not in the know of the desire for Diamonds.
My wifes wedding ring is set with a diamond from her mother, has alot of meaning to her...she keeps hinting she'd love something for the other hand but not directly that it needs to be Diamond....
Hows Matt and the doggie?

Goldilocks
12-16-2004, 06:22 PM
Hi Jen,
Lets see---
1)It was my wife request for a bigger boat...I was fine with the old one.
2) I have OEM stereo equipment in all my cars and boat.
3) Opps got me---I happen to sell some fast cars :p
Just like I don't have chrome headers either...and all the stuff I do have on my truck is functional. The trickest thing on my truck was even bought by the wife...Ironic isn't it.
Now you can see why I am not in the know of the desire for Diamonds.
My wifes wedding ring is set with a diamond from her mother, has alot of meaning to her...she keeps hinting she'd love something for the other hand but not directly that it needs to be Diamond....
Hows Matt and the doggie?
Hi Zig. I wouldn't mind a bigger boat either ;) I really don't know what the fascination is with diamonds either but all I want is one in a ring that goes on my left ring finger. Is that too much to ask after Matt and I have been together for 6 years :eek: :) Oh, I am going to get it for this. LOL
Matt and Bud are doing good. They both miss the lake :)

Kilrtoy
12-16-2004, 06:29 PM
That is some funny shit,
BUT #1 is the correct answer, If ladies say anything else BULLSHIT....
Now RIVERHOUND your granny had a 10 carrot diamond. Do you have any idea how much money that is worth....
I looked at a near perfect, notice the word NEAR PERFECT 3 carrot diamond. It was 100 thousands dollars.... are you sure its 10 carrots

Ziggy
12-16-2004, 06:31 PM
Hi Zig. I wouldn't mind a bigger boat either ;) I really don't know what the fascination is with diamonds either but all I want is one in a ring that goes on my left ring finger. Is that too much to ask after Matt and I have been together for 6 years :eek: :) Oh, I am going to get it for this. LOL
Ok, I agree you deserve that much from Matt---you guys are great together!
Yeah, I'm missing the lake too...might get my chance New Years though..then thats it til at least march/april for me :( Guess I'll have to take my agression out in the dunes for a while :wink:

Goldilocks
12-16-2004, 06:57 PM
maybe you'll get that for xmas,i hope you do,you 2 go great together .we got married after about 6 months and 27 years later :rolleyes:
Wow!! 6th months? That seems like no time at all.
Damn, I should have told him I want the platinum one for Christmas :)
http://www.tiffany.com/images/diamond/photo/engagement_etoile.jpg
Too bad we decided not to get each other anything for Christmas this year :(

Phat Matt
12-16-2004, 08:32 PM
Thanks Ziggy. Look what you started. I was think of buying a new BMW but after this thread, how am I going to justify that! :2purples: :D

Mrs.Racer277
12-16-2004, 08:34 PM
Thanks Ziggy. Look what you started. I was think of buying a new BMW but after this thread, how am I going to justify that! :2purples: :D
6 years??? I think she is over due for the ring!!! :D

Phat Matt
12-16-2004, 08:36 PM
6 years??? I think she is over due for the ring!!! :D
Don't have something to type, or file or something Ms. Secretary? :D

Mrs.Racer277
12-16-2004, 08:39 PM
Don't have something to type, or file or something Ms. Secretary? :D
I was typing. You just didn't like what I typed. Just trying to help a girl out. :D
And what a nice Christmas present a ring would make. :D ;)

LVJAKAZ
12-16-2004, 08:54 PM
Hey Matt, have Goldi come and look at my ring :) :) :)

Phat Matt
12-16-2004, 09:09 PM
Hey Matt, have Goldi come and look at my ring :) :) :)
You are to far away! ;)

LVJAKAZ
12-16-2004, 09:10 PM
ummmmmm......NO IM not!!!! come on over :D :D :D

Phat Matt
12-16-2004, 09:11 PM
I was typing. You just didn't like what I typed. Just trying to help a girl out. :D
And what a nice Christmas present a ring would make. :D ;)
What about one of these rings? :2purples: :D
http://store1.yimg.com/I/yhst-15856117215522_1815_568412

Phat Matt
12-16-2004, 09:12 PM
ummmmmm......NO IM not!!!! come on over :D :D :D
I would, but I ahhh, have work to do. :D

LVJAKAZ
12-16-2004, 09:13 PM
Well... Goldi is free from work isnt she??? :D :D :D

LVJAKAZ
12-16-2004, 09:15 PM
and just so you know those pink ring things wont work...sorry :) :)

Phat Matt
Well... Goldi is free from work isnt she??? :D :D :D
She is busy doing dishes, laundry, vacuuming and the such............Yeah right!
:rollside:

Phat Matt
and just so you know those pink ring things wont work...sorry :) :)
How do you know? Have you tried them? :devil: :D

LVJAKAZ
12-16-2004, 09:17 PM
UMMMM....i have been married for 18 years and could teach Goldi and thing or toooooo...:) :) :)

Phat Matt
12-16-2004, 09:19 PM
UMMMM....i have been married for 18 years and could teach Goldi and thing or toooooo...:) :) :)
lol :D

LVJAKAZ
12-16-2004, 09:23 PM
:D :D :D

DryHeatOnly
12-16-2004, 09:31 PM
Git 'er done Matt!! ;) :D :D :D :cool:

Phat Matt
12-16-2004, 09:40 PM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. Not you too! :hammer2: :D

DryHeatOnly
12-16-2004, 09:43 PM
Ziggy...Do the right thing man. 3 stone diamond ring (Past, Present, and Future) or however it goes. ;) Wives dig it!! :D
Seriously...my wife has never asked for jewelry. She still wears her wedding set with the whopping 1/2 karat center stone. I went for quality over size...that little rock still rocks! Outshines most other "big" rocks ;)
Last Chistmas (17 years later) I got her the 3 stone. She loves it. :cool:

Goldilocks
12-16-2004, 09:45 PM
I like having you all on my side :) :rollside:

Mrs.Racer277
12-16-2004, 09:56 PM
What about one of these rings? :2purples: :D
http://store1.yimg.com/I/yhst-15856117215522_1815_568412
LOL
I don't think that is what she had in mind!! :hammer2: :hammer2:

Mrs.Racer277
12-16-2004, 09:57 PM
Ziggy...Do the right thing man. 3 stone diamond ring (Past, Present, and Future) or however it goes. ;) Wives dig it!! :D
Seriously...my wife has never asked for jewelry. She still wears her wedding set with the whopping 1/2 karat center stone. I went for quality over size...that little rock still rocks! Outshines most other "big" rocks ;)
Last Chistmas (17 years later) I got her the 3 stone. She loves it. :cool:
You are so right DHO. I just got that for my 10 year anniver. I love it. :D :D

Kilrtoy
12-16-2004, 09:58 PM
WTF, Sam get your nuts off of lock down, Matt she has been there this long, she aint going anywhere.... BUY A NEW BOAT :redface:

Goldilocks
12-16-2004, 10:01 PM
WTF, Sam get your nuts off of lock down, Matt she has been there this long, she aint going anywhere.... BUY A NEW BOAT :redface:
He can buy that also :D

DryHeatOnly
12-16-2004, 10:04 PM
He can buy that also :D
What a woman! :D

Kilrtoy
I was just kidding, im not commenting either way, good luck to both of your wills

DryHeatOnly
Lights and sirens!!! :eek:

DryHeatOnly
12-16-2004, 10:05 PM
I like having you all on my side :) :rollside:
It's our pleasure :)

DryHeatOnly
12-16-2004, 10:07 PM
You are so right DHO. I just got that for my 10 year anniver. I love it. :D :D
That's what I'm talkin' about (Congrats on the 10th MrsR277) ;) :)

Ziggy
12-17-2004, 10:22 AM
Shhhhhhhhhhhh, not so loud :D :D :D
C'mon Matt---pony up, Seems Jen wants to keep you around :wink:

Mrs.Racer277
12-17-2004, 10:55 AM
That's what I'm talkin' about (Congrats on the 10th MrsR277) ;) :)
Thank you! :D

Phat Matt
12-17-2004, 11:28 AM
Shhhhhhhhhhhh, not so loud :D :D :D
C'mon Matt---pony up, Seems Jen wants to keep you around :wink:
yeah. you have any good deals on any convertibles? :D

Ziggy
12-17-2004, 12:31 PM
yeah. you have any good deals on any convertibles? :D
Always---