PDA

View Full Version : 28 conquest BOSS cat????

bigq
07-28-2001, 08:47 AM
I noticed in the new pictures online the new 28 cat from conquest. Conquest who? I thought conquest sold out to Sleek and Magic.I know sometimes they have pictures with the wrong manufacturer, does anyone know where this Conquest manufacturer is located. It's a sweet looking cat, nice fiberglass work.
Thanks, Wayne

boatnam2
07-28-2001, 10:25 AM
there in havasu,but sun country marine in ontario sells them.just north of the 10 freeway on the 15 freeway.

racingrascal
07-28-2001, 12:58 PM
Where did you see the picture? If they are infact owned be Magic, Magic just came out with a bad ass 28' cat.
Andy

bigq
07-28-2001, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by racingrascal:
Where did you see the picture? If they are infact owned be Magic, Magic just came out with a bad ass 28' cat.
Andy
It is on this site in builders showcase. It does not look anything like the magic, I've seen that one.

boatnam2
07-28-2001, 04:06 PM
its called a conquest,by group one marine.it a eliminator partyboat.

skijake
07-28-2001, 07:55 PM
The way I understand it.
Bruce Neisher owned Sleek-craft for years from the 60's to the 80's or 90's in Santa Fe Springs calif. He then sold it and started Conquest boats in Havasu.
I believe but not sure that at one time once He did not like what was happening to the quality of Sleek-craft so he bought it back only to sell it again. This time to the owner of Swift Trucking, how also bought Magic boats when they where in trouble.
Niesher always owned Conquest in Havasu until last year when he sold it to a group of invester that called themselve Group One Marine.
Bruce Niesher passed away just days after the deal had gone through
This is my understanding and may not be all correct but they should be a rough account.
Old Rigger maybe able to tell us more.

MrHavasuCat
07-29-2001, 04:30 PM
Conquest is in Havasu off of lake Havasu ave.

ScottDiggityDawg
07-09-2002, 08:21 AM
It's true...Conquest was purchased by Group 1 Marine from Bruce Nesher. In an effort to keep a high standard of quality and performance, Group 1 Marine retained the same manufacturing crew. With some "Minor" changes to the business end of the operation and some foresight, Conquest has emerged as one of the finest Cat boats. The "TopCat" and the "BossCat" are currently Group 1 Marine's bread and butter, so to speak. Rumors are circulating that G1M is developing a 25' V-Hull that will be ready for production early Summer '03. Lets keep our eyes on these guys!
Dawg

DogHouse
07-09-2002, 08:59 AM
http://www.conquestboats.com
-brian

bigq
07-09-2002, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by ScottDiggityDawg:
It's true...Conquest was purchased by Group 1 Marine from Bruce Nesher. In an effort to keep a high standard of quality and performance, Group 1 Marine retained the same manufacturing crew. With some "Minor" changes to the business end of the operation and some foresight, Conquest has emerged as one of the finest Cat boats. The "TopCat" and the "BossCat" are currently Group 1 Marine's bread and butter, so to speak. Rumors are circulating that G1M is developing a 25' V-Hull that will be ready for production early Summer '03. Lets keep our eyes on these guys!
Dawg
Dawg, trying to drum up business, lol. this topic is a year old, nice search.