PDA

View Full Version : We may be parents soon!!!

IN2-IN2MX
12-18-2004, 03:41 PM
Mike and I were driving down the street today and saw some dude with a bunch of puppies on the sidewalk. We stopped and fell in love with those little guys!!!
He had a cute black and white chihuahua, an off-white chihuahua mix, a maltese and a toy poodle. He was selling them for $300 each. We almost got the black and white one but they didn't have papers or anything so... :frown: Now we can't stop thinking of getting a little guy (puppy).
Anyone's doggies having pups soon? :shift:

bunny 166
12-18-2004, 03:48 PM
OK, that was not fair missy!!!...j/k I hope you get a cute one... :rollside: :rollside:

IN2-IN2MX
12-18-2004, 04:18 PM
OK, that was not fair missy!!!...j/k I hope you get a cute one... :rollside: :rollside:
Thanks!
You guys are home already? Did you have fun?

Boatcop
12-18-2004, 04:26 PM
Puppies are cute, but I wonder why he had a mixed batch of unrelated breeds, and where he got them. Seems a little odd. Dog thefts are becoming a big industry, especially for popular breed puppiess
If you really want a puppy, and aren't particular on the breed, hit up the local ASPCA or Pound.
If you want a pure-bred, DON'T BUY FROM A PET STORE! Most pet store puppies are overpriced and obtained from a puppy-mill. Even though they may have papers, there's no guarantee that the lineage is correct. Puppy Mills often just grab random parents and register the litter, no matter who the actual parents are.
I was browsing a Pet Store in a Phoenix mall, and they had a "Blood Hound" for sale. $800, marked down from $1,000. Definitely over priced (Blood pups can be had for around $500), and the worst thing was, it was a Black and Tan Coonhound, and not a Blood. Didn't even look like a bloodhound. And after the escapades with mine, I definitely know a bloodhound when I see one.
Buy a purebred from a reputable breeder, or if you don't mind an older dog, contact a rescue foundation for the breed you're interested in. Just do a Google search on the breed name and the word "rescue", and you'll find what you're looking for.

IN2-IN2MX
12-18-2004, 04:31 PM
Puppies are cute, but I wonder why he had a mixed batch of unrelated breeds, and where he got them. Seems a little odd. Dog thefts are becoming a big industry, especially for popular breed puppiess
If you really want a puppy, and aren't particular on the breed, hit up the local ASPCA or Pound.
If you want a pure-bred, DON'T BUY FROM A PET STORE! Most pet store puppies are overpriced and obtained from a puppy-mill. Even though they may have papers, there's no guarantee that the lineage is correct. Puppy Mills often just grab random parents and register the litter, no matter who the actual parents are.
I was browsing a Pet Store in a Phoenix mall, and they had a "Blood Hound" for sale. $800, marked down from $1,000. Definitely over priced (Blood pups can be had for around $500), and the worst thing was, it was a Black and Tan Coonhound, and not a Blood. Didn't even look like a bloodhound. And after the escapades with mine, I definitely know a bloodhound when I see one.
Buy a purebred from a reputable breeder, or if you don't mind an older dog, contact a rescue foundation for the breed you're interested in. Just do a Google search on the breed name and the word "rescue", and you'll find what you're looking for.
Thank you. Good advice. I actually called the Castaic Animal Shelter about 2 hours ago but they only have older dogs. I know older dogs need love too so I feel guilty saying this but I think I want a baby.
Yeah, we wondered why he had so many different kinds of puppies. The off-white one had a really swollen stomach and I asked him why. He said that she eats a lot but we didn't know if he was lying.
Thanks again.

bunny 166
12-18-2004, 04:44 PM
killer said it cant be a river baby, cuz you two never go to the river, Is he being mean again.... :2purples:

bunny 166
12-18-2004, 04:53 PM
Thanks!
You guys are home already? Did you have fun?
Had a nice time--we missed you!! How are you guys doing today?? :wink: :wink:

Kilrtoy
12-18-2004, 05:09 PM
killer said it cant be a river baby, cuz you two never go to the river, Is he being mean again.... :2purples:
I never said that, i said they need a bigger boat

IN2-IN2MX
12-18-2004, 05:10 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah. We go but 1/2 the time he doesn't like who we bring so we aren't allowed around. :shift: (that was me being mean right back :hammer2: ). That's ok, he knows I still love him.

IN2-IN2MX
12-18-2004, 05:11 PM
Had a nice time--we missed you!! How are you guys doing today?? :wink: :wink:
We're ok. Mike is sleeping again...he worked all night, slept like 2 hours, took me to lunch and to run Xmas errands and then fell asleep again. We wanted to meet up with you guys but he was tired and not feeling 100%. Next time.

IN2-IN2MX
12-18-2004, 05:14 PM
I never said that, i said they need a bigger boat
You ain't kidding...but for that we also need a bigger bank account!!! :)
Anyways, we rather enjoy being tossed around in the 22'. My arms are strong in the summer from holding on for dear life! LOL :cool:

JustMVG
12-18-2004, 05:46 PM
You guys could always go by the West Valley Shelter on Sherman Way in the valley , or if your in the Burbank area, go to the shelter there, i used to volunteer there and Burbank has to be the best shelter i have ever seen, they give the animals a chance, LA due to the overcrowding, has a 48hr rule, and thats not pretty Burbank will give them a few weeks if they are good adoptee candidates. If you go to Burbank ask for Fred Delange he's the shelter head and you could mention my name if you want, Mike Van Gompel, he'll take care of you guys. Good luck and if someone has to sell pups at the grocery store or wherever and has no AKC papers, prolly not a purebred anything. MikeVG

BarryMac
12-18-2004, 05:51 PM
UCLAHater just had some Bassets, they are really cute...

IN2-IN2MX
12-18-2004, 06:15 PM
Thanks MikeVG and GJB! I will contact both.

Buster
12-18-2004, 06:42 PM
Best of luck on finding a new addition to your family. We have a 5 year old Chi and a Boston Terrier pup. We love um. They are the coolest. :p
Enjoy...

PHOTOGLOU
12-18-2004, 06:47 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah. We go but 1/2 the time he doesn't like who we bring so we aren't allowed around. :shift: (that was me being mean right back :hammer2: ). That's ok, he knows I still love him.
You love us don't you you'll bring us out CUZ we'll bring you out

Kilrtoy
12-19-2004, 12:40 AM
We're ok. Mike is sleeping again...he worked all night, slept like 2 hours, took me to lunch and to run Xmas errands and then fell asleep again. We wanted to meet up with you guys but he was tired and not feeling 100%. Next time.
Oh here we go again, it was only one bitch.
We have kids and can't leave on the drop of a hat...

HOOTER SLED-
12-19-2004, 12:44 AM
We want a new pup. As soon as we get into the new pad!!!! :D

IN2MX
12-19-2004, 01:14 AM
Oh here we go again, it was only one bitch.
We have kids and can't leave on the drop of a hat...
??????????????????????????
U gotta say no to crack my friend...no comprende.... :confused:

IN2-IN2MX
12-19-2004, 01:39 AM
You love us don't you you'll bring us out CUZ we'll bring you out
ABSOLUTELY! :p

IN2-IN2MX
12-19-2004, 01:40 AM
??????????????????????????
U gotta say no to crack my friend...no comprende.... :confused:
LOL! Baby, you know as well as I do that Miguel is whiter than you. He only LOOKS Mexican. He doesn't understand the language. :)