PDA

View Full Version : Hot Boat For Sale! Look!

TPI
12-20-2004, 06:58 AM
Not Really,
Hey guys selling boats in the forums(you know who you are). Why not try the classifieds?(This is NOT a slam) If I was looking for a new boat, thats where I would look. I looked in the classifieds this morning, and I couldnt find a good portion(if not all) of the boats listed in the forums. I have sold boating items from those classifieds, and I think it's free(or close to it). Also: Offshore Only has a forum/partswap section that get's a lot of views.
Happy Holiday's
GT

Mandelon
12-20-2004, 10:02 AM
Yes. Yes I would.

jackpunx
12-20-2004, 10:04 AM
A lot of people list thier boats on the forums to give the members first crack at it. And often they list it here for a better price than the classifieds.
Wouldn't you offer your buddy a better deal before listing your boat in the trader?
Forensic
If I sell my boat. I dont ever want to see it again.. I would cry everytime someone I know from the boards pulls up in it..

Racer277
12-20-2004, 02:43 PM
If I sell my boat. I dont ever want to see it again.. I would cry everytime someone I know from the boards pulls up in it..
Ha! My buddy sold his boat, very distinctive yellow gel (That 70's Boat). Now my wife cries when she sees it at the lake. We spent several good summers on that boat.
S

OGShocker
12-20-2004, 03:00 PM
How do you feel about DRIVES FOR SALE? (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64439) :hammer2:

throwerb
12-20-2004, 04:16 PM
Not Really,
Hey guys selling boats in the forums(you know who you are). Why not try the classifieds?(This is NOT a slam) If I was looking for a new boat, thats where I would look. I looked in the classifieds this morning, and I couldnt find a good portion(if not all) of the boats listed in the forums. I have sold boating items from those classifieds, and I think it's free(or close to it). Also: Offshore Only has a forum/partswap section that get's a lot of views.
Happy Holiday's
GT
I took your advise and just listed it for $18 on the HB classifieds. Like a lot of others I wanted to pass a deal on to the people on the forums before letting the general public have at it.
http://www.***boat.net/classifieds/index.cfm :D

TPI
12-20-2004, 07:01 PM
Wow,
I had no idea it was $18? Things must have changed, unless thats some kind of unlimited classified annual membership. Good luck with your sale.
Also, I agree with a previous post and I would give a Buddy the first crack at my boat being for sale, but I would probably call my buddy up and tell him personally, rather than tell him in an open forum? I am just happy to see some continuing communication on this forum(Hot Boats) .It has been dead for a while.............................
Oh, and I like drives for sale, but only if I am looking for one.(joking)

Doris Jones Esq.
12-20-2004, 09:14 PM
Mr GT,
I must inform you that what you did was misleading in nature and you should avoid doing it in the future.
Doris

TPI
12-20-2004, 09:27 PM
Mr GT,
I must inform you that what you did was misleading in nature and you should avoid doing it in the future.
Doris
Now thats funny..............You didnt think I was selling my Howard 28 Bullet already did you? It hasnt even been a month yet(LOL).

Just Tool'n
12-20-2004, 09:30 PM
I bought my current boat right here from this forum.
Was a good deal, or so i thought till I brought it home, 2 years of hearing about that $50k boat!
I love this boat. One day she will learn to Love it too!

northern baja
12-23-2004, 03:30 PM
It's obvious by the forums that while most run their boats hard, they know boats and take care of them. It sure beats a long drive to look at a sunburned, moldy piece of crap that some low life managed to ruin in just a couple of years!

NashvilleBound
12-24-2004, 04:16 PM
I tried all options to sell mine but between the "Off-Season" and being in TN it really hurt. Seeing others sell theirs for slightly less but for much less of a boat was the worst. I did offer it to the forums peeps for almost $10K less. I am going to re-list it in March again and it WILL include the classifieds in both sites.....I guess its just a slight delay of game for me...