PDA

View Full Version : ???

MsDrmr
12-22-2004, 10:12 AM
If you are charged with burgulary, and substance abuse, and you have several accounts on your record, how long is the typical sentence for jail time, (this person has served previously for about 1 mo)

H20Advantage
12-22-2004, 10:15 AM
Do they have priors for burglary??? Possession of controlled substance these days usually lands you with probation and some diversion program. Sales will get you some time.

BarryMac
12-22-2004, 10:17 AM
mrsdrmr, are you in trouble again? do we need to raise some bail money??? :D

MsDrmr
12-22-2004, 10:24 AM
mrsdrmr, are you in trouble again? do we need to raise some bail money??? :D
GJB I am always in trouble, no bail $$$ for me, just send it to my home address for the children,

LHC30Victory
12-22-2004, 10:29 AM
Depends on what kind of burglary. Residential is a strike and carries more time than commercial burg. History has a lot to do with sentencing of new crimes as well. Diversion for the drug thing will be out if there is an associated crime as Diversion is for Drug only cases.
By the way, are the several accounts Macy's, Nordstrom and May Co??? :D

dmontzsta
12-22-2004, 10:38 AM
If they are in California they are screwed. If they are on probation, they are looking at atleast 3-6 months for a violation. The burglary would probably get them around 1 year as well. Controlled substance is good for drug diversion, some fines and 3 years probation. It all depends on the judge and DA though. They could really throw the book or let them off light. What I listed is just a medium.

Kilrtoy
12-22-2004, 10:42 AM
Not long enough, Should be double or triple of what ever they get

MsDrmr
12-22-2004, 10:49 AM
I believe it was a residential theft, and I don't know for sure what substance he was caught with, but the man cant sit still for more than one minute at his desk. when he's on his feet, he's rocking back and forth and figiting constantly. Drives me in sane

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
12-22-2004, 02:27 PM
:confused: