PDA

View Full Version : Xmas Bonus

surfer2001
12-23-2004, 08:24 AM
Just received my bonus, wow unexpected $$. What to do? Spend it? Or save it?

fkeys
12-23-2004, 08:29 AM
You just said it - unexpected money!! Spend it :wink:

Mrs.Racer277
12-23-2004, 08:32 AM
What is a Christmas bonus????? :confused:
Congrats. I say spend it!!! :D

Lady Rat Attack 1
12-23-2004, 08:33 AM
Christmas bonus :confused: What is that..... Congrats, always nice to get something unexpected. :D

BigDogIvan
12-23-2004, 08:37 AM
Bonus!!?? I'll have to look that one up in the websters book of
words and have my boss read the definition back to me. :messedup:
BD

THOR
12-23-2004, 08:42 AM
I save mine. Then I end up spending every dime. :(

Kilrtoy
12-23-2004, 09:10 AM
First of all
WAT THE HELL IS A CHRISTMAS BONUS,
please define, I have never seen such a thing

mbrown2
12-23-2004, 09:12 AM
First of all
In your case, it would be a C6, new Duramax, and what else? :wink:

OGShocker
12-23-2004, 09:13 AM
Two words;
Booze, Hookers! :D

WaTchTheGelCoat
12-23-2004, 09:16 AM
Spend that chit mang. :D

Desert Rat
12-23-2004, 09:17 AM
If your really perplexed on this I could lend you a hand on "Liquidating" any and all bonus' received :D

HP350SC
12-23-2004, 09:19 AM
Mine was $1600 after taxes etc. Exhaust riser and fuel pump ate it right up :D

superdave013
12-23-2004, 09:20 AM
Two words;
Booze, Hookers! :D
That's what I'm talking 'bout!!
BTW, I'm saving mine :idea:

dirty old man
12-23-2004, 09:20 AM
bought a new boat with mine

redneckgirl
12-23-2004, 09:30 AM
I love getting my X-Mas Bonus :D :D Half for me and half for bills!!!! :D
RNG

lewiville
12-23-2004, 09:32 AM
Hey, you to, I got my $20.00 bonus and dont know if I should go to the movies, and buy a fuzzy glove.

Norseman
12-23-2004, 09:37 AM
I just started with this company mid September and was very pleasantly surprised to get a 500.00 xmas bonus this year!!!!
I spent 1/2 on the Mrs and donated the other half to a local charity.

Nubbs
12-23-2004, 09:38 AM
Bonus!!?? I'll have to look that one up in the websters book of
words and have my boss read the definition back to me. :messedup:
BD
That's a good idea.

Rev. Williams
12-23-2004, 09:39 AM
The company I work for decided that all the X-mas bonus money for are division will be pooled up and they would throw us a x-mas party..... But get this, THE X-MAS PARTY IS IN JANUARY !!!! :o WTF!!!

al cole'holic
12-23-2004, 09:44 AM
..my xmas bonus was cut by over 50% last nite when douche bag caught trip deuces at the river :mad:

jdogginla
12-23-2004, 09:45 AM
hmmm.........I thought alot more people got bonuses! So I guess I was wrong to give the envelope back to the accounting ladies? :yuk:

OutCole'd
12-23-2004, 09:51 AM
What is an X mas bonus?? Never got one of those, just glad to have a job I guess.

Lightning
12-23-2004, 10:05 AM
WTF is a bonus, never gotten one of those. Then again, I'm the boss, so I guess I can get pissed at myself.

jackpunx
12-23-2004, 10:06 AM
First of all
well in your business.. its called a fluffer :2purples:

Rev. Williams
12-23-2004, 10:11 AM
well in your business.. its called a fluffer :2purples:
I thought it was called skimmy off the evidence !! :D :D

repo man
12-23-2004, 10:22 AM
i'll let you give it to me

Red Eye
12-23-2004, 10:54 AM
I got my Christmas bonus today... I'm leaving at noon and get tomorrow off.

Mrs. Revndave
12-23-2004, 11:05 AM
X-mas bonus WHAT'S THAT?? :mad:

Mrs. Revndave
12-23-2004, 11:08 AM
bought a new boat with mine
I want to work where you work! :)

wildbillg
12-23-2004, 11:09 AM
we got ours on saturday night... at our (first in 5 years) X-mas party, AND they handed out employee of the year bonus it was a tie. Then the gave out the salesman of the year bonus (first ever),
I GOT IT!!
Now I just have to figure out what I want to use the money or ?? for lunch today?
But honestly its NOT the money that matters, it is really that they actually thought enough to mention it, been here for five years and #1 for the last 3 and this is the first time they even mentioned it. :2purples:
So IM happy in that, but hell some cash would be good too.... :crossx:

ROZ
12-23-2004, 11:09 AM
Donate it or offer it as a scholarship ...

welk2party
12-23-2004, 11:31 AM
My wife got a bonus too...she gets to come back to work on Monday. :rolleyes:

SHAKEN Not Stirred
12-23-2004, 04:36 PM
Interesting Topic....
Well....For the past 14 years we have given good Christmas bonuses.
We currently have about 25 people here, most ever was 50, so it's not a huge company, good small business.
Generally our field personnel get about 2 weeks pay at Christmas if they have been here more than a year. If they have been here less than a year, they get an incremental portion of that.
Managers get roughly 10% of their annual income as a Christmas bonus.
Plus....For the past 14 years we have thrown a good Christmas party for the employees & spouses, including good raffel gifts.
I bet we spent about $100K on bonuses & party each year......
So......This year has been a bit tough....Business has been slow, cost's have gone up....Liability insurance went up by 4 times, fuel prices have gone up, people always want more money.....and it's tough passing these costs on to a customer, espicially when someone will always do the job cheeper, even if it's not the same quality as you do.
Anyway......This year we gave out about 25% of what we normally give out and no Christmas party. We felt that the people would rather have the money than the party, so we took that budget and added to it and gave out bonuses. It started at 10%, but we got some money in and decided to do a bit more. It kept me awake at night to think that people were going to take such a big hit on their bonuses.
Well.......I don't think that people really appriciate a bonus anymore......I think it works it's way into entitlement.......as part of their pay or something........Only about half even said thank you.....That's not why we do it, to hear thank you, but it's still nice to hear it now and then.
None of them will know that they were going to get 10%, but ended up with 25% ........ All they see is that it wasn't the same as the last few years....
Hell.....My partners and I could have pocketed the money and said "Well too bad....Business was slow....Better luck next year"......
But....Thats not what happened.....We did the right thing.....
Anyway......I'm just venting.......I'm not REALLY sure what my point is....
Part of me wishes I could have done better I guess......
Oh.......Is my hour up Doctor ???.......I'll see you next week......Same time ??
Merry Christmas everyone.........
Off to Havasu between Christmas & New Year.....Hope to see some of you !!!
Man.......I don't even write business emails this long......
I do need therapy !!!!!!!
Later,
CJG
:cool:

DansBlown73Nordic
12-23-2004, 06:52 PM
I have been with this company for 8 years. This is by far the best bonus, however A company I wanted to go to work for gave out bonuses last week. They were all given $10,000 :hammerhea

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
12-23-2004, 07:06 PM
I have a company of myself and 6 others. I had an ok year but December was REALLY bad. I had a very nice dinner, gave each employee a $50 cert for Nordy's, and a bonus. Only one employee acknowledged getting the bonus. Yeah, it bugged me but that is not why i did it. They were all in need of that extra money.

OutCole'd
12-23-2004, 08:59 PM
Great post, sad but true. Most expect it and really don't appreciate it.
Just my .02
Interesting Topic....
We currently have about 25 people here, most ever was 50, so it's not a huge company, good small business.
Generally our field personnel get about 2 weeks pay at Christmas if they have been here more than a year. If they have been here less than a year, they get an incremental portion of that.
Plus....For the past 14 years we have thrown a good Christmas party for the employees & spouses, including good raffel gifts.
So......This year has been a bit tough....Business has been slow, cost's have gone up....Liability insurance went up by 4 times, fuel prices have gone up, people always want more money.....and it's tough passing these costs on to a customer, espicially when someone will always do the job cheeper, even if it's not the same quality as you do.
Anyway......This year we gave out about 25% of what we normally give out and no Christmas party. We felt that the people would rather have the money than the party, so we took that budget and added to it and gave out bonuses. It started at 10%, but we got some money in and decided to do a bit more. It kept me awake at night to think that people were going to take such a big hit on their bonuses.
Well.......I don't think that people really appriciate a bonus anymore......I think it works it's way into entitlement.......as part of their pay or something........Only about half even said thank you.....That's not why we do it, to hear thank you, but it's still nice to hear it now and then.
None of them will know that they were going to get 10%, but ended up with 25% ........ All they see is that it wasn't the same as the last few years....
Hell.....My partners and I could have pocketed the money and said "Well too bad....Business was slow....Better luck next year"......
Oh.......Is my hour up Doctor ???.......I'll see you next week......Same time ??
Later,
CJG

ahhell
12-23-2004, 09:05 PM
My Christmas bone-us is that i get to work Christmas.... :(

Norseman
12-24-2004, 05:20 AM
I have been with this company for 8 years. This is by far the best bonus, however A company I wanted to go to work for gave out bonuses last week. They were all given $10,000 :hammerhea
Gee Dan what company was that?????

RiverOtter
12-24-2004, 05:29 AM
We gave our ee's their Christmas bonuses, then took them shopping. Big hit http://www.havasubarney.com/forums/html/emoticons/cool.gif

SHAKEN Not Stirred
12-24-2004, 12:12 PM
I have a company of myself and 6 others. I had an ok year but December was REALLY bad. I had a very nice dinner, gave each employee a $50 cert for Nordy's, and a bonus. Only one employee acknowledged getting the bonus. Yeah, it bugged me but that is not why i did it. They were all in need of that extra money.
Well said.....
CJG

Kilrtoy
12-24-2004, 12:22 PM
Shaken not stirred,
That is awesome and you are right, I know alot of people that do get X-mas bonuses and all they talk about in december is, That MOTHER F***** better give me more than last year. ALot are screw offs....
Spend their time on websites chatting on the phone and working only as hard as what needs to get them by....
Janxpunx,
when you are done with her(FLUFFER) can you send her over her....
I need to skim some off on her top :p

Phat Matt
12-24-2004, 12:45 PM
Interesting Topic....
Later,
CJG
I say next year screw them and build up the engine some more :D...unless of course I happen to work for you. :D

beer hunter
12-24-2004, 01:05 PM
If it was a little more I'd say upgrade the 25'er to the 28' j/k :D
Spend it...if mine was a little bigger ($$$,$$$) I'd prolly follow my own advice :wink: :idea: :D

HP350SC
12-24-2004, 01:44 PM
Our bonus is technically a longevity bonus for being with the company over 7 years. It is based on an employees productivity. They pay 75 cents for every hour flagged during the calendar year from June 1st to June 1st. This money is given in Dec. So if you quit or whatever you are going to lose min. $1000. This works to company's benefit, as it saves them cost to re-train employees. Also helps motivate slower workers. 5 yrs. service is 50 cents hr., after 7 yrs. is 75 cents. Used to flag 3400 hrs. yr. in good old days, now around 2600 hrs.

dmontzsta
12-24-2004, 01:51 PM
I got $10,000...put into my retirement fund, I can use it conservative savings or invest in stocks. What to do...

jackpunx
12-24-2004, 01:53 PM
I got a dam gym bag from my company.. and I work for one of the top 2 ISP's in the world.. Oh well.. lucky to have a job I guess.. could be worse..