PDA

View Full Version : Long, Full and Rich

Stupid Fast
12-26-2004, 05:39 AM
Born 84 years ago, A woman married a man. She had 13 children. She raised those childern and wached them grow to have their own childern. She watched those children grow, get married, have children and start thier own familys. She gave to all that she saw in need, liveing on a fixed income of Social Security and a Timken Roller Bearing Pention, She gave 50% of all she had comeing in to others. It was her stipened. She spent most of her time volunteering for chuch charitys(she went to chuch every day of the week to work or help with something), making blankets for Birthright, and spending time with her family. With 12 living children, most of them married, dosens of grand children and 8 great grand children, she still bought each and every one of them (and their spouses also) a present for Christmas. She has a tradition with her family where all of her children, grand children and great grand children meet ant one of her childerns houses Christmas eve. She gives out all of her gifts and the family gives their gifts to her. I do belive it was her favorit day of the year. About three weeks ago, she got pnumonia, and ended up in the hospital. It took a toll on her. Dcember 24, 2004. Her powerful and giveing heart beat for the last time. This woman was my Grand Mother. She lived 84 long years. she touched everyone she met, and lived a full loveing life, and in her own words "I am the richest person I know" This was to all of us at thanksgiveing this year.
We will all miss her. But we know she is now where she is ment ot be. In our hearts.

DansBlown73Nordic
12-26-2004, 06:22 AM
Very sorry to hear the sad news. I have two friends whos Moms both passed away this week. Its not a easy time to loose someone.... :frown:

cola
12-26-2004, 07:21 AM
Sounds alot like our family. My wifes one of 12. Christmas is always fun.
You have a lot to be thankfull for. (family) Your grandmother is in the true Hall Of Fame. Merry Christmas.
Mike&Kim

JetBoatRich
12-26-2004, 07:31 AM
Sorry for your loss, sounds like she was an awesome person and your family is very RICH to have been around her.

FMluvswater
12-26-2004, 08:12 AM
Grandma's are so special. I'm sorry for your loss. Sounds like she left much of herself and her love behind in place of her physical presence. :chi: May your fondest memories of her be a comfort to you now and always. Peace and joy to you in her honor.

mike37
12-26-2004, 09:06 AM
:frown:

Flyinbowtie
12-26-2004, 09:45 AM
Grandmothers are an incredible gift, and it sounds like yours was very special.
The tradition of giving and caring she brought to your family is the best gift one can ever ask for.

spectratoad
12-26-2004, 09:48 AM
Wow, sounds like an awesome woman. She has now touched a few hundred others with your story of her full life. I hope that I have a life like that which will come full circle and include so many loving memebers. I only have two boys though.
God bless her she sounds incredible.

Mandelon
12-26-2004, 09:56 AM
What a wonderful person.

Sane Asylum
12-26-2004, 02:37 PM
Sorry for you loss...........You've got the memories..........They're my most special ones........

mach1alaska
12-26-2004, 04:40 PM
Other than the number of children it sounds a lot like my Grandmother who also died last week she will be missed...
You have my deepest sympathy for your loss
Kevin

XtrmWakeborder
12-26-2004, 05:42 PM
sorry to hear of ur great loss. My family lost two close friends due to separate incidents of suicide this past week and my grandpa who turned 65 yesterday is losing his battle with cancer as i type.... puts life into perspective for me.

Mrs CP 19
12-26-2004, 07:03 PM
So very sorry for your loss. You were lucky to have her, and she you! Sounds like an outstanding person. Rest assured she is at peace now.

syke-o
12-26-2004, 07:06 PM
sorry to hear it... :(

SHOTKALLIN
12-26-2004, 08:15 PM
sorry for your loss. It sounds like she lived a very happy life and we should be so lucky. Very Special people are rare nowadays

Stupid Fast
12-27-2004, 02:21 PM
Thanks to all of you. And my sorrows for all of you who have also lost loved ones of have loved ones who are sick. It really changes your perspective. You can have the fast boats, nice houses and all you ever wanted, but at the end of the day it is your freinds and family that mean more than anything in the world. My grandmother knew that. I am learning it.
Again thank you and I wish all of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Eric

BarryMac
12-27-2004, 02:35 PM
Sorry for your loss, I can relate, lost my grandmother two days before her 85th birthday this year, Grandparents are awesome especially Grandmothers...

missboatnam1
12-27-2004, 07:49 PM
sounds like she lived life to the fullest!! sorry to hear about her passing...god bless her!!

MsDrmr
12-27-2004, 07:53 PM
I am so sorry for your loss, I can't imagine how that must feel to you. I hope you and your family will be able to focus on the special and loving memories of her in the years to come. I think most people are hoping that in their passing the family land loved ones left behind remember that they are in a peaceful place now, and they are far happier then we are.

Ziggy
12-27-2004, 07:55 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss SF...you do at least have the wonderful memories and so much wisdom she shared with you.
Something I never had, never knew any of my grandparents(WWll) :frown: