PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Raysoncraft Cat from Havasu

BoatPI
03-09-2002, 05:55 PM
See Boatman.com We have a 26' cat with a 454 w/procharger. A very iunique yellow hull with orange/red flames. Nice reward fro clues leading the the recovery.
Also missing the engines from the 42' Fountain stolen from Havasu last year. Someone has the HP500Efi's and drives.

bigboy78
03-09-2002, 08:43 PM
What exactly happened if you have the time?Was it stolen from storage or from the dock?

BoatPI
03-10-2002, 06:27 AM
Most boats are stolen on the trailer. This one was stolen from a locked storage facility, a burglary.
Quite frankly Hot Boat could serve all boaters well by adding a stolen boat section. I cannot tell you how much of this is going on, but we have been non stop since last July. Nearly every theft a go-fast boat in the tri-state area.
Like the police, we/boat theft vicitms are always looking for information and work hand in hand with police detectives. The difference is we can keep informant info to ourselves and pay rewards through insurance companies. Look at to 100 boats with photos on the Boatman.com site now!
The Hot Boat "family" is an asset as we often receive info from readers.

bigboy78
03-10-2002, 08:57 AM
Thanks for the info, also I'd just like to add that I heard of boaters getting there boats stolen on the water. But you know how rumors start! I will do my part and keep an eye out for your boat or someone parting out a boat that doesn't look legit.

BoatFloating
03-11-2002, 12:54 PM
I had a good freind's boat at Parker Red Rock camp ground anchored in front. Someone late at nite floated down cut the anchor line floated the boat down the river and stole all his stereo gear (big bucks). He found his boat down the river up on rocks. My parents live in Havasu and they tell me all the time of the crap going on with boat theft and stealing stereo stuff from the boats. We do need to catch these punks and put a stop to this. I here the big thing now is to steal the boat on the trailer out of storage and even out of their summer house. Take them out to desert and strip them motors and all. I agree Hot Boat should have a section for stolen boats and other items like motors and stereo equipment. You have my vote for it.
BF.....;.

BoatFloating
03-11-2002, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by BoatFloating:
I had a good friend's boat at Parker Red Rock camp ground anchored in front. Someone late at nite floated down cut the anchor line floated the boat down the river and stole all his stereo gear (big bucks). He found his boat down the river up on rocks. My parents live in Havasu and they tell me all the time of the crap going on with boat theft and stealing stereo stuff from the boats. We do need to catch these punks and put a stop to this. I here the big thing now is to steal the boat on the trailer out of storage and even out of their summer house. Take them out to desert and strip them motors and all. I agree Hot Boat should have a section for stolen boats and other items like motors and stereo equipment. You have my vote for it.
BF.....;.

boatnam2
03-11-2002, 01:21 PM
my buddie has a place at desert rivera on parker.they jumped in the first boat then the next then the next 6 boats in a row and then stole the last boat28ft datonya and drove it to bluewater on the arizona side and unloaded everything.big balls

bohica
03-11-2002, 03:12 PM
Holy shiat, That is a friend of mine's boat. I'll have to give him a call. When he put it at Windsor Beach Storage, I always thought that it was a very secure place. Don't you need a key card to get in and out of that storage.

BoatPI
03-11-2002, 08:59 PM
At most storage facilities a code, key, orencoded card will permit entry. They could all do well to have digital cameras that photo all vehicles departing. It has become an issue. Remember, if you have it, someone out there wants it. LoJack will work on boats but has a limited activation area. Coupler locks like Gorilla work well, at least from a time. The loud banging to remove it causes people to look.
Lookout for each other and report all fools selling engines, drives to cheap to the PD.
In Havasu call Det. Sterling 928/854-1252.

MissHavasuCat
03-15-2002, 12:40 PM
Has anyone been able to find a couple lock for a 2 5/16 ball (Extreme trailer)? I haven't been able to find one big enough... Thanks!

Slick
03-15-2002, 12:52 PM
Do extreme trailers have the square tongue? I have a Competitive trailer. You can get a tongue lock for it from Eddie Marine. Is that what you were talking about?

MissHavasuCat
03-16-2002, 01:09 PM
No, it's not square ... it just has a big "lip" thing around the edge so none of the coupler locks that I've tried will fit...

RiverToysJas
03-25-2002, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by BoatPI:
Quite frankly Hot Boat could serve all boaters well by adding a stolen boat section.
BoatPI, I'm interested in setting something like this up on my website. Your profile doesn't have an e-mail or I'd have just contacted you direcly. You can reach me at jason@rivertoys.com
I look forward to hearing from and hopefully helping some people out.
Jason, www.rivertoys.com (http://www.rivertoys.com)

boatnam2
03-25-2002, 11:45 AM
for 299 bucks you can put a swing hitch on your extreme like the one on mine take it off and take it with you home and never have to worry about it again.there is a liitle right up on extreme trailer web site.

RiverToysJas
03-25-2002, 01:09 PM
Boatnam, Couldn't someone just attach a standard Extreme swing tongue (something a pro thief just may carry) to your trailer and drive away?
RTJas

boatnam2
03-25-2002, 02:30 PM
true true rtj,but its still a little piece of extra insurance.it dosent matter what you have if they want it they will get it.they put one on my trailer since they jacked mine up at the boat show.i havent really looked at it to close but im sure something could be made for it that a lot better than a lock on a trailer.

Thunderbutt
03-25-2002, 02:43 PM
Before trailer locks, if we left a boat at the river for any time we'd chain the wheels togather. It kept the semi honest guys honest. If they realy want the boat there is nothing you can do.

racingrascal
04-05-2002, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by boatnam2:
true true rtj,but its still a little piece of extra insurance.it dosent matter what you have if they want it they will get it.they put one on my trailer since they jacked mine up at the boat show.i havent really looked at it to close but im sure something could be made for it that a lot better than a lock on a trailer.
Boatnam when I get done making my lock for my swing away tongue I will let you know. Yours must remove different then mine, mine has the safty cable running through it so I don't know I would take mine off. Next time I see you or you come buy I will show you what I am making. Very small, but should work pretty good!

BoatPI
04-05-2002, 07:30 PM
Here we go again!!
A Warlock Cat stolen from Phoenix was recovered stripped in HAVASU!
On Old London Bridge Road near the Motel 6. Missing the blower motor, B1, any everything else. Working on a possible reward. See Boatman.com, go to revovered vessels.
E Mail us at Maritime@cts.com or call Detective Sterling at the PD 928/854-1252.
This motor etc. is in Havasu.
BoatPi

future boater
04-06-2002, 10:40 AM
those are all great ideas but try doing multiple locks. if the make a lock i would suggest using it. the idea would be to increase the time they spend trying to get it. that adds time to where someone can see them. by the way locks are only good for the honest people, if someone wants it bad enough they will get it.

RandyH
04-14-2002, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by racingrascal:
Boatnam when I get done making my lock for my swing away tongue I will let you know. Yours must remove different then mine, mine has the safty cable running through it so I don't know I would take mine off. Next time I see you or you come buy I will show you what I am making. Very small, but should work pretty good!
Hello RR, Would you post a picture of what you are cooking up for your extreme folding tonque or email me a photo when you get it done. I have the same trailer as yours coming with my new Ultra and I am concerned about this theft issue.
Thanks Randy

Fixster
04-15-2002, 11:00 AM
Here's a novel idea, instead of just waving us through at the border check, maybe they could earn their salary and make sure we're not stealing some hard working mans Boat.
Originally posted by BoatPI:
See Boatman.com We have a 26' cat with a 454 w/procharger. A very iunique yellow hull with orange/red flames. Nice reward fro clues leading the the recovery.
Also missing the engines from the 42' Fountain stolen from Havasu last year. Someone has the HP500Efi's and drives.

enticer
04-27-2002, 01:37 PM
After reading all the posts from out west at the big lakes.....maybe it's best I stay here in the lake and rivers of PA...we don't have boats stolen out here....even when we wish they would be gone. You have to tie you dogs to the trailer and boat when you hand is not on it.

superdave013
04-27-2002, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by MissHavasuCat:
Has anyone been able to find a couple lock for a 2 5/16 ball (Extreme trailer)? I haven't been able to find one big enough... Thanks!
We use to use them on the 2 5/16" for our wook trailers. I think they were made by masterlock but not sure. I'll look into it when I go to work. You never know, I might be able to find one laying around. If so I'll ship it to ya.