PDA

View Full Version : Big Boys and their Toys... Phoenix!

Froggystyle
04-18-2006, 06:19 PM
We will be showing the Revolution at the BB&TT show at West World this weekend. Beers in the motorhome on us.. I don't know if we can bring them into the show. If we can, we will!
We will be with my brother and his company "OPM Customs" with his three first-generation Camaros up for display. Look for the Revolution right as you walk in... should be a kick ass spot!
Come on by the booth. We will have our new brochures and stuff for everyone and would be happy to show anyone all of the bells and whistles on the boat while there.
I look forward to having another kick ass time in Scottsdale! We may have to get together for some drinks on Friday or Saturday night.
Anyone else planning on going?

GHT
04-18-2006, 06:23 PM
Sounds like a great event for ya.

AZJD
04-18-2006, 06:36 PM
Hey wes, you going to be able to stick around and put it on the water this trip?

Froggystyle
04-18-2006, 06:57 PM
Hey wes, you going to be able to stick around and put it on the water this trip?
I would be happy to on Monday if you want. I know I can't make it out for the whole week (boats to build and all... ;) ) but if you or anyone else wants to hit Pleasant on Monday I would love to.
You going to the show?

AZJD
04-18-2006, 07:12 PM
I would be happy to on Monday if you want. I know I can't make it out for the whole week (boats to build and all... ;) ) but if you or anyone else wants to hit Pleasant on Monday I would love to.
You going to the show?
Not going to be able to make the show, lil' brother in town playing ball, and have to do the big bro thing....but we are going to pleasant on Sunday, and I would be willing to throw the Warlock on the water Monday!
I will PM you my # and we can get some people together!
Justin

Froggystyle
04-18-2006, 07:21 PM
Not going to be able to make the show, lil' brother in town playing ball, and have to do the big bro thing....but we are going to pleasant on Sunday, and I would be willing to throw the Warlock on the water Monday!
I will PM you my # and we can get some people together!
Justin
You don't need to throw it on the water... just come take a ride with us! You all need to get some test drives in anyway.... I am still leaning on Jordy about the yellow boat. ;)

AZJD
04-18-2006, 07:34 PM
You don't need to throw it on the water... just come take a ride with us! You all need to get some test drives in anyway.... I am still leaning on Jordy about the yellow boat. ;)
We can do that, Gas is still $2.89, I'll boat bitch for a free ride.

Froggystyle
04-18-2006, 08:19 PM
We can do that, Gas is still $2.89, I'll boat bitch for a free ride.
Nobody ever pays for gas with me around... :D

slink
04-18-2006, 08:22 PM
Hey Wes, I saw the Trident parked off 15/Pala Rd.(hwy76) on Sat at about 3pm. I was heading N/B back to Corona from San Marcos. That thing looks big even from the other side of the freeway. I wanted to turn around and check it out, but Momma and kid were cranky and wanted to get home. Nice lookin

upsman105
04-18-2006, 09:13 PM
Hey let me know if you are going on Mon. for sure, I am on vacation and nothing to do until we leave for Vegas Supercross. Would like to hit the lake.

Froggystyle
04-19-2006, 10:41 AM
Hey let me know if you are going on Mon. for sure, I am on vacation and nothing to do until we leave for Vegas Supercross. Would like to hit the lake.
We are going Monday for sure. PM me your number and I will make sure to stay in touch. I am hoping to take a lot of folks from the show out for test drives and get a couple of these bad boys on the way out the door!

Froggystyle
04-19-2006, 10:43 AM
Hey Wes, I saw the Trident parked off 15/Pala Rd.(hwy76) on Sat at about 3pm. I was heading N/B back to Corona from San Marcos. That thing looks big even from the other side of the freeway. I wanted to turn around and check it out, but Momma and kid were cranky and wanted to get home. Nice lookin
That was us! We were eating at Nessy Burgers there. If you haven't been, I highly reccommend. I have my share of favorite burger joints, but this one nearly tops the list. Bacon isn't on the menu, but ask for it and you get some of the nicest, biggest juciest bacon slices you will ever see on a burger.
Two thumbs up!
Cool you recognized it from the freeway! That is quite a ways away...

2Driver
04-19-2006, 11:51 AM
Wes, I'll be there on Saturady more than likely. Wife is out of town on a bus. trip so it makes for a fun day with my son. Beats waiting on the Dock too. :D

Craig
04-19-2006, 12:33 PM
We were thinking about going over to the show Sunday. Might be able to make the lake Monday. My truck will be back together Friday, so I have a way to get the boat out. Hasn't been on the water since January :( Have to make sure it's OK for our Havasu trip the middle of May :D If you go out Monday, post a note on what time!

Jordy
04-19-2006, 01:45 PM
Beats waiting on the Dock too. :D
SNAP!!!! Man, I figured that would be coming along sooner or later. :D

me4drvr
04-19-2006, 03:01 PM
I was at the ***boat shootout on Monday and testing on Tuesday and didn't see Trident, thought it would be a great place to start marketing... WaterRod's and HTM's even made it.... hell even Warlock got a boat in...
Ya ya ya, I know there's gonna be a lotta people hatin me now, just call it as I see it...

Froggystyle
04-19-2006, 03:04 PM
I was at the ***boat shootout on Monday and testing on Tuesday and didn't see Trident, thought it would be a great place to start marketing... WaterRod's and HTM's even made it.... hell even Warlock got a boat in...
Ya ya ya, I know there's gonna be a lotta people hatin me now, just call it as I see it...
Wasn't invited... no shit.

me4drvr
04-19-2006, 03:09 PM
You got a good lookin boat there, from what I have seen, just curious how the jets run up against the 525's and Ilmor decks...

MR HARLEY
04-19-2006, 03:15 PM
You got a good lookin boat there, from what I have seen, just curious how the jets run up against the 525's and Ilmor decks...
:idea: This out to be good :D

me4drvr
04-19-2006, 03:18 PM
Not trying to stir the pot, but a fully loaded E-ticket with (2) 525's going for $170ish(guestimate), which is honestly a really nice rig after seeing it up and close yesterday, 100MPH+ to boot, wish I would have actually looked into that first, but damage is done.

2Driver
04-19-2006, 06:07 PM
SNAP!!!! Man, I figured that would be coming along sooner or later. :D
Gotta a taste of being a boat biatch that day, me no likey. I'll drive thank you :) :D :)
Seriously, all understandable. Now where's these free beers. :)

Froggystyle
04-19-2006, 06:59 PM
Gotta a taste of being a boat biatch that day, me no likey. I'll drive thank you :) :D :)
Seriously, all understandable. Now where's these free beers. :)
All day, all night whenever I meet you... :D
I'll make it up.

Froggystyle
04-19-2006, 06:59 PM
:idea: This out to be good :D
Why don't you let him in on how you think that matchup will go... ;)
Craig got to ride in the boat a couple of weeks back, and he has an Ilmor V-10 in his DCB.

MR HARLEY
04-19-2006, 07:22 PM
Why don't you let him in on how you think that matchup will go... ;)
Craig got to ride in the boat a couple of weeks back, and he has an Ilmor V-10 in his DCB.
Could'nt tell you because I havent been in a deckboat with twins yet, other than the Revolution but when I do I'll have a full evaluation for you :p
What I do know is the Trident is a Rocket out of the gate with about 1 sec planeing time:crossx:

me4drvr
04-19-2006, 08:51 PM
Could'nt tell you because I havent been in a deckboat with twins yet, other than the Revolution but when I do I'll have a full evaluation for you :p
What I do know is the Trident is a Rocket out of the gate with about 1 sec planeing time:crossx:
It should take off like a banshee, with all that hp and twin jets...
Is your DCB single or twin? All I saw at the shootout on DCB crew was "World's Best"... if you didn't agree with that, then you wouldn't have invested in the product.
Just as Trident is Revolutionary, I respect that in the boating world, considering a lot of the builders are slim shady... look at the company that pulled the midnight move (no-names)... amoung others that pre-finance and crap. Customers that buy Trident will be one's that are looking for that something different, not typical Mercury domination product.
Honestly that is why I bought Ilmor, to break away from the masses.
Personaly I am a perfectionist and I can see Trident's battle for it. Personally, I'd build my new product under a cloak and hit the market like it's never been hit before. But that's just me, please, no one take offense

MR HARLEY
04-19-2006, 08:58 PM
Is your DCB single or twin?
Single
All I saw at the shootout on DCB crew was "World's Best"... if you didn't agree with that, then you wouldn't have invested in the product.
We invested in what we could afford and the boat that met my families wants and needs :)

dicudmore
04-19-2006, 09:03 PM
Single
We invested in what we could afford and the boat that met my families wants and needs :)
thats what its all about :cool:
seems to do pretty good too :D

Jordy
04-19-2006, 09:12 PM
That's because it's so light it's halfway on plane before it's ever moving. :D :D :D

AZJD
04-20-2006, 07:15 AM
That's because it's so light it's halfway on plane before it's ever moving. :D :D :D
Don't make me call you know who, to defend his 0-60mph title! :crossx:

Jordy
04-20-2006, 07:17 AM
Don't make me call you know who, to defend his 0-60mph title! :crossx:
That might be a good holeshot race though. :idea: :idea:

Froggystyle
04-24-2006, 09:56 AM
OK everyone... we are posted up here off the 10 lane at Pleasant.
Anyone who wants a ride, drop me a line at (619) 823-5643 and I will meet up with you wherever you are on the lake. The most accessible seems to be the Marina grille where we have been in and out of all morning.
Looking forward to seeing all of you out here. We had an amazing time at the show and met a lot of great folks.
See you out here!

2Driver
04-24-2006, 10:13 AM
Came by twice on Sunday but you were in deep conversation with what look like qualified customers vs tire kickers so I did not interupt. Jeez that boat is awesome in person and a lot bigger than I had imaged.
The show was about as lame as it gets. I think you were about the only thing there worth the admission uless you were int he market for a pocket bike or wanted to get on someone's mailing list :rollside:

Froggystyle
04-24-2006, 11:09 AM
The show was about as lame as it gets. I think you were about the only thing there worth the admission uless you were int he market for a pocket bike or wanted to get on someone's mailing list :rollside:
I agree. We didn't stray far from our booth the whole time, and it seems like we were about ten people deep the whole time.
Are you coming out today?

2Driver
04-24-2006, 11:18 AM
You mean meet you at the dock again :rollside: It might be a good excuse to pull the kid out of school. How long will you be at the ten lane?
I'm 1/2 way through waxing the boat but the other 1/2 could wait until tonight

Froggystyle
04-24-2006, 11:30 AM
You mean meet you at the dock again :rollside: It might be a good excuse to pull the kid out of school. How long will you be at the ten lane?
I'm 1/2 way through waxing the boat but the other 1/2 could wait until tonight
We are here right now, and will be motoring around all day and on my cell... for real this time!
The motorhome is staying at the ten lane and Courtney is manning it (and the cooler...)

2Driver
04-24-2006, 11:37 AM
I'm tired of waxing anyway. I'l grab the kid and head over. Be around 2 or before. I'l grab a vest for him. A short cruise would be great.