PDA

View Full Version : Where to ride in Havasu?

RiverPirate
12-27-2004, 09:13 PM
We just pulled into town and the kids can't wait to take out the Quads. Need to break in the new Christmas gear. Where are the best places to ride in and around Havasu or Parker. They are 8 and 10, so a safe place is also to be considered. Hopefully it dosen't rain. :frown:
Thanks RP.

Debbolas
12-27-2004, 09:22 PM
Do you ever go to the LAKE, River Pirate?
interesting name..............River Pirate :supp:

RiverPirate
12-27-2004, 09:39 PM
Ya, all the time, well maybe just every two or three weeks during boating season. Started the winter thing this year and want to try the bikes.

hoolign
12-27-2004, 09:44 PM
Does'nt your location under your name say your in Havasu?? dont you live there? :idea:

Debbolas
12-27-2004, 09:45 PM
I'm messing with ya.........there was an "undesirable" member with the name of Lake Pirate.
Hope to see ya out there..................Deb :cool:

RiverPirate
12-27-2004, 09:46 PM
Havasu on weekends. I know the lake very well on a boat. Never been out here on the quads before. Looking for some locals expertise.

hoolign
12-27-2004, 09:48 PM
go 47 miles east.

RiverPirate
12-27-2004, 09:57 PM
Deb, I've been around way longer than Lake Pirate. He was an a-hole from back east anyway. I to have read his BS. I'm from the the 91701, probably right down the the street.... I give where does 47 miles take me to? Not Glamis, I know that much.

hoolign
12-27-2004, 09:58 PM
Not sure I'm in Canada...but theres got to be sand there

Stupid Fast
12-27-2004, 09:58 PM
I give where does 47 miles take me to? Not Glamis, I know that much.
That made me laugh!

Mrs CP 19
12-27-2004, 10:06 PM
Not sure I'm in Canada...but theres got to be sand there
Thanks, that was great. LMAO. Jill

phebus
12-27-2004, 10:07 PM
2-3 mi. south of Havasu on Hwy 95 is an area called Standard Wash. Easy access to park trucks, trailers, etc. and a perfect area for riders of all abilities to ride. I will be going there several times this week with my 16yo. daughter. If you need any more info. call me 928-855-8098.
Rick

Phat Matt
12-27-2004, 10:13 PM
What Phebus said.

Debbolas
12-27-2004, 10:14 PM
Deb, I've been around way longer than Lake Pirate. He was an a-hole from back east anyway. I to have read his BS. I'm from the the 91701, probably right down the the street.... I give where does 47 miles take me to? Not Glamis, I know that much.
Ok, he was a a-hole, glad your not him..............neighbor ;)
Coming to the yardhouse/Omaha place later in the month? :D

hoolign
12-27-2004, 10:20 PM
Don't listen to them..I just looked at a map...and 47 miles east looks like a sure bet! :p

RiverPirate
12-27-2004, 10:22 PM
Thanks Rick, I think we will start there. Sounds like what I need. Deb, thats a maybe. Way too far in the future to commit, but it sounds like quite a party. I have been to Omaha Jacks, the food is excellent and their micro brew was quite tasty!

Debbolas
12-27-2004, 10:27 PM
I'm going to check out a few places............... :wink:
sorry about the name mix up, hope to see ya there

RiverRatMike
12-27-2004, 11:51 PM
We just pulled into town and the kids can't wait to take out the Quads. Need to break in the new Christmas gear. Where are the best places to ride in and around Havasu or Parker. They are 8 and 10, so a safe place is also to be considered. Hopefully it dosen't rain. :frown:
Thanks RP.
Head south on HWY 95 about 8 miles past Sara Park. There is a open area where you can ride right off the highway there. You'll see all the trails

LHC30Victory
12-28-2004, 10:02 AM
Hey, don't you own a green boat?
Ted.

RiverPirate
12-28-2004, 10:53 AM
Hey Ted whats goin on? White Hallett with red and blue, remember? Are you guys up this week?
Greg

RiverDave
12-28-2004, 11:52 AM
To echo what others have said, just head out of town south (from havasu) then pull off the road on the east side at any convenience.. Have at it!! :)
Lots of great riding out there, and alot of it's not to technical so it will be great for your kids to learn on.
RD

Ziggy
12-28-2004, 12:23 PM
2-3 mi. south of Havasu on Hwy 95 is an area called Standard Wash. Easy access to park trucks, trailers, etc. and a perfect area for riders of all abilities to ride. I will be going there several times this week with my 16yo. daughter. If you need any more info. call me 928-855-8098.
Rick
Just rode that area during Thanksgiving---for the experienced rider it gets a little monotonous but for the kids its a great area...enough to keep 'em busy and having fun.

LHC30Victory
12-28-2004, 12:42 PM
Hey Ted whats goin on? White Hallett with red and blue, remember? Are you guys up this week?
Greg
We might get to the lake on Sat but not sure - too much left over from Christmas. Are you around this week? Maybe beer at Tequilla Hoppers on Thursday eve?

BCAdvantage
12-28-2004, 03:09 PM
Another great place to ride is in Parker. The Bar in the Desert. I'm drawing a blank on the street name (fire road), but it is fun for all riding types. Fire road or technical trails. Plus the Bar has food and drinks. It sits about 8 miles off the hwy, but can be accessed by the fire road on bike or car. Only open on the weekends though. Maybe someone else can help out with the street name.

hava life
12-28-2004, 03:28 PM
If you don't want to go far we have gone off london bridge road just so. of the refuge on th east side. Or you can go out to Bison that has a lot of trails but watch out for the guns, Go way to the end. North you can go by the airport and have a little fun or go past the airport and have lots of fun. South is good also a lot of riding just watch out for rocks. Have fun with the toys.

bordsmnj
12-28-2004, 05:30 PM
Another great place to ride is in Parker. The Bar in the Desert. I'm drawing a blank on the street name (fire road), but it is fun for all riding types. Fire road or technical trails. Plus the Bar has food and drinks. It sits about 8 miles off the hwy, but can be accessed by the fire road on bike or car. Only open on the weekends though. Maybe someone else can help out with the street name.cienega springs

RiverPirate
12-28-2004, 10:25 PM
Thanks for the ideas. We had tried Bison Road the first time out and it was kind of crazy. The riding was okay for the kids but it was hard getting clear of the shooters. Not ten feet off the road guys are blasting their AK's into the side of the hill, etc. We are going south of town tomorrow.