PDA

View Full Version : Tile help needed

ssmike
04-18-2006, 06:54 PM
I need to re-set some veritcal tiles on a built in BBQ unit. They are porcelain tiles. In terms of an adhesive, can someone recommend a pre-mixed product (smaller job)?
Also, is there a difference between thin set and mastic? Is one preferred over the other for these vertical tiles that need a little more help in staying put?
Thanks,....any help is appreciated....

College Fund
04-18-2006, 07:09 PM
If you only have a couple of tiles to fix you can us caulking. (silicone, liquid nails etc)

ROZ
04-18-2006, 07:11 PM
use versabond thinset. I don't know if it comes in a small bag or not..... I have a small amount left ina bag, should I fax it to you ? :D
It's possible that home depot might have a quart container of premix thinset. I know they have it in a grout...

JB in so cal
04-18-2006, 07:20 PM
[QUOTE=ROZ]I don't know, but I think if you have a small bag,you may be able to go on OuColed's boat. I have a small pose going with me and he has no idea what I'm planning!! It's gonna be fun! :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

ROZ
04-18-2006, 07:22 PM
[QUOTE=ROZ]I don't know, but I think if you have a small bag,you may be able to go on OuColed's boat. I have a small pose going with me and he has no idea what I'm planning!! It's gonna be fun! :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:
What, you have the rest of the village people comming ? How you manage to get them away from RR's trailer?

JB in so cal
04-18-2006, 07:24 PM
What, you have the rest of the village people comming ? How you manage to get them away from RR's trailer?
...he's makin' eggs.!!

ROZ
04-18-2006, 07:28 PM
...he's makin' eggs.!!
Must have been along night over there.. He even made them breakfast!
:supp:

ssmike
04-18-2006, 08:35 PM
Thanks Roz....I'll P/U the Versabond.
Is there any difference between thinset and mastic??

ROZ
04-18-2006, 08:43 PM
Is there any difference between thinset and mastic??
Yes :D I'd only use mastic indoors on a wall... not too good with water... Thinset will long outlast it..

ssmike
04-18-2006, 09:04 PM
cool, that is what I needed to know......
Thanx, bro.

Cas
04-18-2006, 10:00 PM
Home Depot carries a premixed thinset in 1 gal containers. I've used it a few times on small little patch jobs and has worked quite well.