PDA

View Full Version : Boat is soaked..........

MRS. MAINEVENT
12-28-2004, 09:20 AM
We had it stored outside and went to get it as soon as it looked like it was going to rain........too late. Water everywhere. :hammer2:
Everyone have the stuff dry and put away?

welk2party
12-28-2004, 09:21 AM
We had it stored outside and went to get it as soon as it looked like it was going to rain........too late. Water everywhere. :hammer2:
I have a lake on the boat cover.

syke-o
12-28-2004, 09:22 AM
glad to say yes.... i keep my boat stored inside our warehouse.... dry as can be... i used to store it outside and hated having to run and make sure the cover was on right, and that everything was staying dry....

Racer277
12-28-2004, 09:22 AM
I was out at 11pm last night, double strapping the covers.
This morning, no problems, other than some puddles to clear off.
It's windy as hell up here!

BarryMac
12-28-2004, 09:23 AM
Mines under a portable canopy with a Blue Tarp, the WaterResistant cover and the Travel cover on it, I hope to hell it doesnt get wet inside, that would totally suck, can you say Mildew, yuckkk :yuk: :yuk: ...

JetBoatRich
12-28-2004, 09:27 AM
Thanks, but mine is in the garage :idea:

MRS. MAINEVENT
12-28-2004, 09:27 AM
Had the cover on and strapped but still have puddles that are big enough to let the boat float on, lol. Guess we can't say the boat hasn't seen the water for a long time, lol. :D
That thing is home and dry now. :D

Dribble
12-28-2004, 09:29 AM
High and dry. Don't know what I'll do when I get a bigger boat, but I can't bear the thought of leaving it outside.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/365DCP_0272-med.jpg

Mike J.
12-28-2004, 09:30 AM
Any reports from the Hi Desert "Victorville" my boat is
at the ranch but im in OC. and it looks bad up there.
Mike

MsDrmr
12-28-2004, 09:30 AM
my mr had to put a boat cover on ours with some crates under it to help the rain roll off the cover and not seep into the boat, does not always work but for the most part we have not had any problems. And when you think about it, boats are made to get wet!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
12-28-2004, 09:37 AM
Ours is outside with a cover but its still soaked. We just jack up the front and take the plug out so any water that gets in just drains out. Then when the rain stops, we uncover it and let it dry out. My hubby has some pvc contraption in the boat to help from puddles forming and having the cover sink into the boat. Same concept as the crates that someone just mentioned.

LUVNLIFE
12-28-2004, 09:43 AM
Mines covered and parked under a canopy. Just about a foot of the nose and the drive get alittle wet. ;)

PlyaPlya22
12-28-2004, 09:48 AM
I went to SYA's pad and we threw the tarp on 1 hr before it started raining :D

dicudmore
12-28-2004, 10:07 AM
mine's outside, in Valencia, no doubt getting soaked right now....
Can't do much about it from here :cry:

lucky
12-28-2004, 10:07 AM
Aww One Good Thing About Breaking Your Stuff - Engine/ Tranny In Buddies Shop- Interier In Sheds - Boat In Barn - Rained Like Me After A Kegger !

PlyaPlya22
12-28-2004, 10:08 AM
Sounds like a few shop vacs are in store!

2sand2
12-28-2004, 10:12 AM
double tarped in storage yard :cry:
the 50 and 52 chevy delux's get the garage. :cool:

Keithb87
12-28-2004, 10:15 AM
my mr had to put a boat cover on ours with some crates under it to help the rain roll off the cover and not seep into the boat, does not always work but for the most part we have not had any problems. And when you think about it, boats are made to get wet!
:idea: I'll have to try that on the G-pa's boat. Every time it rains I have to go over and hook up the Sump-pump and drain the front and back. :idea:

Powerquestboy
12-28-2004, 10:23 AM
Get one of these:
http://www.overtons.com/cgi-bin/overtons/detail/pdetail2.cgi?r=detail_view&item_num=24734
Best 26.99 you will ever spend. Installs in about 5 minutes, keeps the water from pooling in the cover.

mike37
12-28-2004, 10:35 AM
I built a garage for my boat I hate trying to keep the cover tight enough
to shed water

IN2MX
12-28-2004, 10:35 AM
My boat is outside in the rain, with the cover on. :frown:

Desert Rat
12-28-2004, 10:39 AM
Mike
Don't know about Victorville but in the Lancaster area it has been raining straight since last night! Oh and yeah mine is tucked away in its own garage. :sleeping:

harddriver
12-28-2004, 10:42 AM
Doubled Tarped in the former 909. Hopefully she's dry inside. (That's a first) Got booted from the People's Republic of South O.C. 2 years ago. Got tired of living with with a bunch of neighbors :argue:who don't appreciate the finers things of life, like; half-naked women, boating, glamis, beer, and high horse-powered engines. You 949ers know what I'm talking about. Ever try and put a blue walmart tarp over your boat cover? It's considered a violation of the city's beautification ordinance. :crossx:

Debbolas
12-28-2004, 10:45 AM
Our boat gets wet, we hook it up and pull the plug and drive it up a hill. Then we park it backward in the driveway so all the water can drain out.
Hope to keep it in a Boat/RV Garage someday :wink:

mike37
12-28-2004, 10:51 AM
If your tarp doesn't keep the water out your better off with no tarp at all
mildew is a bitch

ECeptor
12-28-2004, 04:08 PM
I'm suprise so many of you don't keep your boats covered! Mine is uncovered only when I'm transporting it or on the water. Otherwise is a cockpit cover plus full cover and stored in my driveway during the season. Winters are with both covers plus a tarp inside my buddy's shed.
Doesn't the sun kill the interiors of your uncovered boats?

plaster dave
12-28-2004, 04:30 PM
If your tarp doesn't keep the water out your better off with no tarp at all
mildew is a bitch
Put a lamp in the boat that is set on a timer to go on and off every 3 hrs. that will stop the mildew.

plaster dave
12-28-2004, 04:39 PM
Get one of these:
http://www.overtons.com/cgi-bin/overtons/detail/pdetail2.cgi?r=detail_view&item_num=24734
Best 26.99 you will ever spend. Installs in about 5 minutes, keeps the water from pooling in the cover.
ok so this is even cheaper. Not a drop of water in it. :D

Kilrtoy
12-28-2004, 04:41 PM
I heard the SCUBA'S WOULD BE IN TOWN ON tHURSDAY ,
maybe that is why the boat is soaked..... :D

shueman
12-28-2004, 05:16 PM
Ours is outside with a cover but its still soaked. We just jack up the front and take the plug out so any water that gets in just drains out. Then when the rain stops, we uncover it and let it dry out. My hubby has some pvc contraption in the boat to help from puddles forming and having the cover sink into the boat. Same concept as the crates that someone just mentioned.
Same here, just runs out the back. I'm using the towable tubes instead of the pvc....keeps the "dome effect" better. In heavy rains, I give up and drop the cover inside the boat; no sense in getting stretch'd out MORE...!! :)

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
12-28-2004, 05:24 PM
I went to SYA's pad and we threw the tarp on 1 hr before it started raining :D
about time you came to help, Kilr was trying out for your job

Kilrtoy
12-28-2004, 05:38 PM
about time you came to help, Kilr was trying out for your job
Shit, I already won that job, I came thru with a new Slide anchor, Alcohol and of course Bitches, I have him beat hands down.....

Big_Gunz_
12-28-2004, 11:07 PM
Ours is outside with a boat cover and two tarps covering it. Double straps keep it very tight and the rain just rolls off it. I do lift the front end so if any water gets in, it goes out the back end.

rrrr
12-28-2004, 11:15 PM
That's a bad viewpoint! A boat's interior is made to resist water, but leaving your boat outside in the weather is crazy! Of course we get a lot more rain where I live, but I have never stored one of my boats outdoors unless there was at least an overhead roof...
They cost to much to do it any other way...

svlperry
12-29-2004, 02:29 AM
Mike
been raining like hell here allday

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
12-29-2004, 03:05 AM
Shit, I already won that job, I came thru with a new Slide anchor, Alcohol and of course Bitches, I have him beat hands down.....
you that right

LilHarley
12-29-2004, 06:14 AM
Snug as a bug in the garage. My other boat went through 2 covers, working on its 3rd in 6 years. I enjoy not having to worry about the elements hurting my boat .... :D

BoatPI
12-29-2004, 07:30 AM
Everyone make sure your bildge drain plug is OUT. Bow cranked up on the trailer.

revndave
12-29-2004, 07:30 AM
Nice and dry in the garage :D

a catered life
12-29-2004, 09:40 AM
picking her (the boat) up from the shop today :rolleyes: and bringing her home to a wet and wild driveway :D all the dam storage places in AV are full. guess i gotta do the cover and pray method