PDA

View Full Version : looking for Marine Carpet!!

Sweet Addiction
12-28-2004, 12:37 PM
I have been looking all over and even called a few places, but all they have is 8' wide pieces. I need at least a 10' wide piece. If anyone can please let me know a good place that has good quality carpet and can ship within a reasonable amount of time please let me know.
Will be back later to see what you guys come up with. Going to work on the boat.
Thanks Jared.

BigDogIvan
12-28-2004, 01:04 PM
As far as I know you won't find it wider than 8'. Check your local
upholstry supply places(real ones not hancock or the ladys sewing
clubs) and ask them. Most of your auto upholstry shops supplyers
have or know where you can get carpet. Good luck!!
BD

Ziggy
12-28-2004, 01:26 PM
Believe it or not but Home Depot carries some decent grey carpet for that use....check it out and see if it will do what you want.

BigDogIvan
12-28-2004, 01:34 PM
Believe it or not but Home Depot carries some decent grey carpet for that use....check it out and see if it will do what you want.
Just need to make sure it is mildew resistant. Same with any vynil used
inside your boat.
BD

coolchange
12-28-2004, 02:19 PM
Can't imagine you need a 10' piece, especialy if thats your boat in the pic. If you get one that wide ( it's available in the hi end carpet) you're gonna have to cut it anyway to go up the sides. Get the 6', do the floor, then the sides, and remember that it is directional.

Sweet Addiction
12-28-2004, 06:36 PM
Can't imagine you need a 10' piece, especialy if thats your boat in the pic. If you get one that wide ( it's available in the hi end carpet) you're gonna have to cut it anyway to go up the sides. Get the 6', do the floor, then the sides, and remember that it is directional.
Well the piece that was in there was actually like 11' wide and long as the boat. But inorder to do the floor I took out a center section cut the carpet in half. I guess an 8' piece would work, I was just worried about it not going all the way up the sides of the boat like the old piece. I will do some measuring and see what I can come up with. If I have no luck I will go with the 8' wide piece and get it done.

Sweet Addiction
12-28-2004, 06:41 PM
Get the 6', do the floor, then the sides, and remember that it is directional.[/QUOTE]
So I also thought I could section the carpet. with a 6'or 8' wide piece go from side to side with 10'. I think it should meet about my back seat and then lay another section after the first. Kinda of confusing but I don't think this method is very logical. Lots of waste I would think.

BigDogIvan
12-28-2004, 06:52 PM
Have any pic's of the inside so we can see what your dealing with?
I have done upholstry and currently trying to get back into it.
Between the few that have posted here may be able to give some hints. Just a thought.
BD

Havasu Hangin'
12-28-2004, 07:43 PM
I got some from these guys before:
L&L MARINE
4572 E. EISENHOWER CR
ANAHEIM CA 92807
714-777-5505

Sweet Addiction
12-28-2004, 08:17 PM
Have any pic's of the inside so we can see what your dealing with?
I have done upholstry and currently trying to get back into it.
Between the few that have posted here may be able to give some hints. Just a thought.
BD
I could take a pic tomorrow. Its in pieces right now. I tore it apart thinking all I would have to replace was the floor and found some wrotten stringers. Damn I am so pissed!! :mad: But sure I will snap some pics of the old carpet laid out and the inside, and maybe some input will help.

Sweet Addiction
12-28-2004, 08:19 PM
L&L MARINE
4572 E. EISENHOWER CR
ANAHEIM CA 92807
714-777-5505
Thanks HH' I will call them tomorrow and see if they can hook me up. Its just carpet, I don't know why I am making such a big deal out of this, but it seems that what I am looking for is not avaible anymore.

Havasu Hangin'
12-28-2004, 08:27 PM
Thanks HH' I will call them tomorrow and see if they can hook me up. Its just carpet, I don't know why I am making such a big deal out of this, but it seems that what I am looking for is not avaible anymore.
If L&L can't help, you might want to call a cat manufacturer (like DCB or Eliminator) and ask where they get the carpet for their cats (probably over 8' wide).
The good 40oz marine carpet is gas, oil, and stain resitant.

coolchange
12-28-2004, 08:44 PM
Dont know how close to Houston you are (http://www.keystonbros.com/hou.html)

Sweet Addiction
12-28-2004, 09:36 PM
Dont know how close to Houston you are (http://www.keystonbros.com/hou.html)
Well Houston is a good ways, but they have a Branch in Grand prarie about 30 minutes from here. Thanks for the link I will be giving them a call and see what the deal is. I thought it said something about Wholesale only though. Hum.
Thanks for the help.
Jared

coolchange
12-29-2004, 07:52 AM
The ones I deal with in Ca. are WDs but they also do taxable sales. Texas might be different, give 'em a call.

Sanger Pete
12-29-2004, 07:29 PM
The last carpet I put in came from Lowes. They had a much better variety than Home Depot--blue, grey, black, brown, beige, red--and it came in 6' and 12' widths. Same stuff, but half the price of marine shops/suppliers.

mexrunner
12-29-2004, 08:44 PM
i used to work at an upholstery shop and 8ft is about the max if your looking for high quality marine carpet could try running the length of the roll across the boat this works well for most boats and you can normally hide seams under stuff such as seats also use a good quality glue none of that crap that comes out of an aerosol can.

AleAlchemist
12-29-2004, 09:00 PM
I as well am looking for some marine grade carpet.
But I'm looking for somthing in a red racing stripe, or mabey the star...
either or would be welcomed.

BADBLOWN572
12-29-2004, 10:21 PM
L&L MARINE
4572 E. EISENHOWER CR
ANAHEIM CA 92807
714-777-5505
L&L Has moved. They are now in Corona on Smith Street.