PDA

View Full Version : Cfw Nyd Update, Please Read

Her454
12-29-2004, 11:14 PM
Nyd Update Please Read
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Due to the Tsunami Disaster I will have a large box at CFW for donations. No cash donations please as I do not want the responsibility. There are several items that can be donated in the place of cash that are desperately needed. Baby food, toiletries, bottled water, canned foods, non perishables, blankets, clothes etc. If you feel you can donate please bring something for the box and I will take it to the Red Cross the following Monday. ABC.com or the Red Cross, Unicef all have lists of items that are needed.
Thanks,
Traci

Kilrtoy
12-29-2004, 11:18 PM
Please dont take this the wrong way,
BUT
there are millions of AMERICANS that are in just as much need, give it to them here in this country....

dexman38
12-29-2004, 11:21 PM
so true. kilrtoy

Cas
12-29-2004, 11:52 PM
Yes, I feel for them, it's a disaster of a magnitude that most likely none of us have ever seen.....I'm also in agreement with Kilr.
I requested people to bring a few different items to our Christmas Party so we could send them off to our troops in Iraq, nobody brought a thing that I heard of. My wife and I sent off our package anyway.

Kilrtoy
12-30-2004, 12:03 AM
Yes, I feel for them, it's a disaster of a magnitude that most likely none of us have ever seen.....I'm also in agreement with Kilr.
I requested people to bring a few different items to our Christmas Party so we could send them off to our troops in Iraq, nobody brought a thing that I heard of. My wife and I sent off our package anyway.
You have got to be kidding me, Fire all the bastards.
At work we have already done two packages and sent money totally 5K directly to the women and men left behind to help out ....

HOSS
12-30-2004, 08:29 AM
Please dont take this the wrong way,
BUT
there are millions of AMERICANS that are in just as much need, give it to them here in this country....
I totally agree.

Her454
12-30-2004, 09:08 AM
Normally I would agree, as I do volunteer work every year for the United Way for needy people in this country and raise several thousands of dollars through private and corporate donations. I've done this for 13 years. After watching those children last night cry for their parents and all the devastation, I couldn't help but want to do something.
Weather permitting, I will still have a box at CFW for donations, if you dont feel you can donate because it didnt happen in this country, understood.

Ultracrazy
12-30-2004, 09:09 AM
Nicley said 454..........

WetWillie
12-30-2004, 09:30 AM
What is CFW and NYD?? I know what BYOB means.. ;)

Her454
12-30-2004, 09:39 AM
What is CFW and NYD?? I know what BYOB means.. ;)
Its "Polar Bear Dayz" here in Nor Cal at Camp Far West Lake outside of Sacramento. Every year on New Years Day everyone tries to get together and make a few runs and just socialize etc.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1077091#post1077091