PDA

View Full Version : Whiteout

Tom Brown
12-30-2004, 09:35 AM
Check out this email I just received.
"Due to the weather conditions, we will be closing the office at noon today. We are advised that city police are not recommending travel within or outside of the city and that government offices are also closing at noon today."
I walked to work this morning. There's no way I could have driven. There were several times I was in complete whiteout conditions. That was a few hours ago and the situation has gotten worse. When this place shuts down because of snow, you know it's bad.

Jbb
12-30-2004, 09:37 AM
Wussie...... :D

Phat Matt
12-30-2004, 09:38 AM
Pictures? Oh, wait, I posted one below. :D
:supp:

Tom Brown
12-30-2004, 09:48 AM
You've pretty much nailed it, PM. The windows in my office are totally white. I'm on the 11th floor and I can't even see other buildings.
I'm glad I'm walking because I'll be home a lot faster than if I had to drive in this crap.
Brian... don't make me come down there and kick your ass. :D

Jbb
12-30-2004, 09:49 AM
You've pretty much nailed it, PM. The windows in my office are totally white. I'm on the 11th floor and I can't even see other buildings.
I'm glad I'm walking because I'll be home a lot faster than if I had to drive in this crap.
Ok...... :supp: ...Im still recovering from the last Canadian Ass Kicking I got.... :jawdrop:

ratso
12-30-2004, 09:49 AM
"Due to the weather conditions, we will be closing the office at noon today. We are advised that city police are not recommending travel within or outside of the city and that government offices are also closing at noon today."
I walked to work this morning. There's no way I could have driven. There were several times I was in complete whiteout conditions. That was a few hours ago and the situation has gotten worse. When this place shuts down because of snow, you know it's bad.
Tom...you work??? :confused: :jawdrop:

Sleek-Jet
12-30-2004, 09:50 AM
That's a long walk there chief... better get going... :rolleyes:

GHTRIM
12-30-2004, 09:50 AM
:supp:Great picture!!! Is that the whole family in the pic with you??? :D My wife and I visit there all the time, its great. We should see if we can have an HB gathering there.. We're in!!!! :D

Mandelon
12-30-2004, 09:52 AM
Tom I thought for sure when the thread was called Whiteout you were sniffing it, or had accidently put it on your computer screen to correct a typo :p

FMluvswater
12-30-2004, 10:09 AM
It's raining here. :)

BarryMac
12-30-2004, 10:13 AM
:supp:
now that is phuckin funny...

Tom Brown
12-30-2004, 10:36 AM
It's actually quite warm here, 5 degrees Fahrenheit. I'm glad I'm not working in the country today.
Last week, I was working on top of a grain elevator in Brandon Manitoba. It was -28C with an 80kph wind. Not the best conditions when you're used to a nice window office. The guy I was with didn't even bring gloves. His fingers froze so badly he couldn't press the button on the man lift to get down. It was a one man lift but we both cramed in and I ran the button. You know how friendly Canadians are. :D

Phat Matt
12-30-2004, 10:40 AM
It's actually quite warm here, 5 degrees Fahrenheit. I'm glad I'm not working in the country today.
Last week, I was working on top of a grain elevator in Brandon Manitoba. It was -28C with an 80kph wind. Not the best conditions when you're used to a nice window office. The guy I was with didn't even bring gloves. His fingers froze so badly he couldn't press the button on the man lift to get down. It was a one man lift but we both cramed in and I ran the button. You know how friendly Canadians are. :D
Why would you not wear gloves? :confused: I am sure you are use to the cold weather but there comes a point where everything freezes. Even your fingers!

OGShocker
12-30-2004, 10:42 AM
I am still freaking out to think Canada has a building over ELEVEN stories tall. :D

Dave C
12-30-2004, 10:53 AM
what is the white substance that are you are referring to? :wink: where does it come from? :wink:
having never seen it around here I am quite puzzled? :wink:

Sleek-Jet
12-30-2004, 10:58 AM
It was -28C with an 80kph wind.
What are these values to which you refer??? :D

hoolign
12-30-2004, 11:39 AM
11th floor in Saskatchewan??? you can't count 8 levels of parking as floors!
:idea:

Tom Brown
12-30-2004, 02:47 PM
11th floor in Saskatchewan??? you can't count 8 levels of parking as floors!
You know as well as I do, hoolign, that there is only one level of parking in Saskatchewan... but we're not going to run out of parking space any time soon. :D
By the way, 11 is the top floor and it is the second tallest building in the city. I believe we have a pair of 13 or 14 floor twin towers downtown.
We even gots electricity. :cool:

ROZ
12-30-2004, 03:00 PM
Would you prefer a brown out?

NorCal Gameshow
12-30-2004, 03:00 PM
"I walked to work this morning."
both ways uphill , with no shoes??? :D

Havasu Hangin'
12-30-2004, 03:01 PM
We even gots electricity. :cool:
But do you need windmills to generate it?
:D

Chase
12-31-2004, 06:30 AM
Hey Tom...How are things there today. I am green with envy to be totally honest. Only a couple hours away and we received none of that weather. We need the snow so bad...too bad it couldn't have just spread it out over the whole province. :squiggle: :squiggle:
So tell me Tom...you may have told me this in a meeting some time ago, but where do you work??? Are you a grain buyer/seller??

Jbb
12-31-2004, 08:36 AM
Hey Tom...How are things there today. I am green with envy to be totally honest. Only a couple hours away and we received none of that weather. We need the snow so bad...too bad it couldn't have just spread it out over the whole province. :squiggle: :squiggle:
So tell me Tom...you may have told me this in a meeting some time ago, but where do you work??? Are you a grain buyer/seller??
Tom is a buyer/seller in the ....Bran commodities..... :D

Wet Dream
12-31-2004, 09:59 AM
Tom I thought for sure when the thread was called Whiteout you were sniffing it, or had accidently put it on your computer screen to correct a typo :p
I'll second that. :D