PDA

View Full Version : rebates

NorCal Gameshow
12-30-2004, 12:53 PM
should be outlawed.... :mad:
$30 back on the new computer case
$30 back on the DDR
what's the chances i'll ever see the checks???
the good news is the new confuser works shaweet :cool:

Havasu Hangin'
12-30-2004, 01:12 PM
Rebates are a way of a manufacturer dicounting it's stuff, without going through the retailer. Shockingly enough, instead of lowering the price, some retailers might just pocket the discount, and take it in margin.
The manufacturer usually uses some kind of clearing house, so it usually takes some time.

slink
12-30-2004, 01:12 PM
Send em in....I got mine back in about four weeks. $200 total. Better than nothing.

Ziggy
12-30-2004, 03:51 PM
$30 back on the DDR
the good news is the new confuser works shaweet :cool:
My wife is the queen of rebating...she seems to get 'em all back, some take longer than others but she says the key is to follow the instruction to the "T".

welk2party
12-30-2004, 03:53 PM
My wife is the queen of rebating...she seems to get 'em all back, some take longer than others but she says the key is to follow the instruction to the "T".
Sage advice. If you screw up anything they want you to do...forget it! Do what they want to the letter and I have always gotten my rebates back.

shueman
12-30-2004, 04:03 PM
MFG's count on you screwing up the claim, or not sending it in at all. Clearing houses are given incentives to reject your rebates....hate playin' their friggen' games. Give me the bottom line price, or forget it.

ROZ
12-30-2004, 04:31 PM
Shockingly enough, instead of lowering the price, some retailers might just pocket the discount, and take it in margin.
Now that's not how I understood it ;)

HCS
12-30-2004, 04:39 PM
I hope I get all the rebates I mailed away for this Christmas.
Samething It's on computer equipment.
If I don't get my checks I'll be....... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
12-30-2004, 04:54 PM
I've always gotten my rebates back. Except the $100 one last year on the laptop because someone threw the doggone box away with the UPC on it!!! :2purples:

mickeyfinn
12-30-2004, 05:35 PM
We always shop the rebates on the day after Thanksgiving. Last year we picked up 900.00 dollars worth of stuff and got back a little more than 700 in rebates. This year we bought over 1200.00 dollars worth and are expecting over 800.00 in rebates. Like the post above stated. Follow the rules to the letter and you will get your money.

NorCal Gameshow
01-21-2005, 08:37 PM
$30 back on the DDR
pny denied the rebate due to invalid purchase date....funny, i sent the rebate receipt with the request.... I have until 2/08 to send validating information????
what, like my receipt with the same date you denied??? :mad:
fockin thieves :mad: