PDA

View Full Version : Props to Jim at Havasu Marina

CJ
01-01-2005, 12:58 AM
I have to say, Jim (the bearded guy) at the Marina, was very cool to me today. Tested my boat (failed). He sat for a while and discussed his experience over the last few months and let me go on my way, looking forward to testing me with muffs.
Now, I was the only boat there at the time on Dec 31. I'm sure he would have been too busy and frustrated to let me by if it were a summer day, but without all the crazies, he was very friendly and sincere.
He did mention that Cali cops were cruising into the Marina this year popping people at the gas docks. I know they can police the waters on both sides, but . . . DICKS! They should keep your egos on the Cali side! They should build a better marina/city over there if they are board and want more ticket revenue.
Launched two days before at the Marina with not a mention of sound and yesterday at Windsor with not a soul around. Guess this won't compare to the launches when the real season begins.

Kilrtoy
01-01-2005, 01:01 AM
So people who do there jobs are dicks, I guess that would make you one also :D

CJ
01-01-2005, 01:15 AM
Boy did I put my foot in my mouth. I did not mean offense to any officer, I just think that Cali cops should not make huge efforts to go clearly into AZ space to prove a point as have the few I have mentioned this story to. I understand that both, can police within so many miles of the border.
I'm sure you are doing a wonderful job and I respect you and any who put their lives on the line to make my space safer.

Kilrtoy
01-01-2005, 01:21 AM
Well they have a job to do and this is not a new law, it is just being enforced, NOW. The lake is dividing two states, and both can legally enforce the law on either shore. As we all know almost everyone hangs on the az side of the river so that is where they go. BOATCOP, did a whole thread on this and how he and the other cops in Parker are enforcing this....
I do agree with what you are meaning to say(I THINK) , that boats are meant to be loud and sound good while good. It does suck....

CJ
01-01-2005, 01:25 AM
Yeah, it's just the pain in the ass of having to quiet them down that pisses me and everyone off. Just venting.
But I did getcha back on the whole Mexican thing :D:D:D

Kilrtoy
01-01-2005, 01:26 AM
Yeah, it's just the pain in the ass of having to quiet them down that pisses me and everyone off. Just venting.
But I did getcha back on the whole Mexican thing :D:D:D
i agree it does piss me off too. because there is nothing like a big blown motor at idle, But you did not get me back, you better look again

CJ
01-01-2005, 01:29 AM
Just having fun. :p :p :p

Kilrtoy
01-01-2005, 01:30 AM
And Ill be looking for your boat at the river , So we can enjoy a beer and Gun shots together, of course NOT at each other..... :rollside:

Kilrtoy
01-01-2005, 01:34 AM
What speed are you seeing in that boat.....

CJ
01-01-2005, 01:39 AM
I owe you a beer for the dick remark! So far under break-in at 4000rpm, I'm hitting 55-57 on GPS. I'm waiting at least another 5 hours before I open her up for a few short bursts. I only have around 7 hours so far.

Kilrtoy
01-01-2005, 01:43 AM
Thats good you should be seeing high 70's maybe 80....
what did they tell you.....

CJ
01-01-2005, 01:52 AM
They said high 70's. I'm guessing with the recent testing of the DCB and the Howard in Hot Boat, I should be right in there somewhere. Not a Hot Rodder tho. Just wanted big power to comfortably keep up with my friends. My old 23' Commander only went late 50's and it seemed everyone was going 60-65.

LHC30Victory
01-02-2005, 06:26 PM
Hey CJ, was that you cruizing the channel I waved to by the dog park on Sat?

cola
01-02-2005, 06:50 PM
Hey CJ, was that you cruizing the channel I waved to by the dog park on Sat?
I didn't see you on Sat. we were in the channel part of the day. Nice turn out. I saw CJ's new ride as were on our way out in the afternoon. Looked cooool. :cool:

CJ
01-02-2005, 09:00 PM
Thanks Cola! Put around 7 hours on it this week. Brought it to around 10. 10 more to go before full break-in.
Yep that was me in going through the channel. My wife and I were a bit under the weather and not so sociable. She wanted to get some sleep in a far off cove as soon as possible. We went into Steamboat and hung there for a while.

C-2
01-02-2005, 09:02 PM
I have to say, Jim (the bearded guy) at the Marina, was very cool to me today. Tested my boat (failed). He sat for a while and discussed his experience over the last few months and let me go on my way, looking forward to testing me with muffs.
Cool?
Who gave them permission to test ya anyways? :hammer2: :hammer2: :hammer2:
Congrats on the new boat, looking good. 525..nice!!!

CJ
01-02-2005, 09:10 PM
They asked me at the gate if I had been tested yet. I said no. I also told them it was a new boat and I would probably fail. I may like it loud but I'm not a lier (spelling?).
I was more than happy to be tested. I knew I would fail and that I would get muffs. Just wanted to know the before so I could compare the after!
Thanks C-2. See ya later!

Parker Dreamin
01-02-2005, 09:13 PM
I was in the channel for about 30min on Saturday.... there were a few peeps there and around..... only if I knew who was who on the boards etc... I could have said hello to everybody.....

LHC30Victory
01-02-2005, 09:31 PM
I didn't see you on Sat. we were in the channel part of the day. Nice turn out. I saw CJ's new ride as were on our way out in the afternoon. Looked cooool. :cool:
We brought out the dogs and they are not allowed in the boat, so we took them to the park and walked the channel. Didn't see anyone but CJ cruizin through.
Cola, sorry we missed ya. Maybe next time.

Havasu_Dreamin
01-03-2005, 10:07 AM
Boy did I put my foot in my mouth. I did not mean offense to any officer, I just think that Cali cops should not make huge efforts to go clearly into AZ space to prove a point as have the few I have mentioned this story to. I understand that both, can police within so many miles of the border.
I'm sure you are doing a wonderful job and I respect you and any who put their lives on the line to make my space safer.
It's a mutual agreement between the states so you don't run into any " well my boat was on the Az side of the line when I did....." It's a fact of life on any river/lake that borders two states, no use complaining about it. The same holds true up on Tahoe.

Havasu_Dreamin
01-03-2005, 10:12 AM
Cool?
Who gave them permission to test ya anyways? :hammer2: :hammer2: :hammer2:
Yep, it's not right when the test is not conducted in a manner consistent with the Arizona law. Nor is it right for the test to be conducted by a non-law enforcement agency.

roostwear
01-03-2005, 10:31 AM
They said high 70's. I'm guessing with the recent testing of the DCB and the Howard in Hot Boat, I should be right in there somewhere. Not a Hot Rodder tho. Just wanted big power to comfortably keep up with my friends. My old 23' Commander only went late 50's and it seemed everyone was going 60-65.
How did Elim take it when you told them your new boat wasn't legal?

CJ
01-03-2005, 10:58 AM
It's a mutual agreement between the states so you don't run into any " well my boat was on the Az side of the line when I did....." It's a fact of life on any river/lake that borders two states, no use complaining about it. The same holds true up on Tahoe.
I understand the intention of the law, but for the Cali cops to be hitting people on the AZ gas dock is a bit overboard.

CJ
01-03-2005, 11:01 AM
How did Elim take it when you told them your new boat wasn't legal?
I have yet to talk to them. Been in Havasu for a week. When I picked up the boat, they said they would install a temp solution until they knew the outcome of their testing. This was earlier in December.
I'm sure they know what to do. Their rigger told me what I should do and it is what many have told me works. I trust them.
I will also be talking to Keith Sayre and Mike at Rex as I want to get this right and won't trust just one to answer my question as I'm sure whatever I end up getting will bring my sound to 85.9db or something. Not something to screw around with.

Essex502
01-03-2005, 04:47 PM
CJ - - If nobody has told you yet...your boat will pass the Arizona test at idle if the test is performed per the Arizona law - 86 dB(A) at 50'. What the Marina is doing is enforcing their own particular standard which is above and beyond the law. As the Marina stated: "We have our own law...the Marina's Law." This is a direct quote. You will pass the California law with the Rex Marine PowerSilencers as I was present on several occasions when the testing was done prior to and after the installation of the mufflers on Havasu Dreamin's boat with the HP525. His boat was 100 db(A) prior to the installation using the new California standard 88 dB(A) max J2005 test at 39" away from the the transom and 4' above the water. This is a more restrictive test than the Marina's B.S. 10' or 3 "big steps" test at 86 dB(A).

CJ
01-03-2005, 08:20 PM
Yep, he took three big steps.
And if the Cali law was followed correctly, 4' above the water would be way above my swim step, and block most of the sound, right?

Havasu Hangin'
01-03-2005, 08:23 PM
I understand the intention of the law, but for the Cali cops to be hitting people on the AZ gas dock is a bit overboard.
Do you think the marina is asking them to? :eek: