PDA

View Full Version : Any Drummers Here

Shark In The Pond
01-01-2005, 09:46 AM
Other then the fat kid video we see from time to time ? :D I bought my son (11 yr.old ) a set of drums for X-mas and I was wondering when he will start makeing any since on them :messedup: Plan on getting him some lessons REAL SOON !

RiverOtter
01-01-2005, 09:56 AM
Other then the fat kid video we see from time to time ? :D I bought my son (11 yr.old ) a set of drums for X-mas and I was wondering when he will start makeing any since on them :messedup: Plan on getting him some lessons REAL SOON !
I'm a drummer. Lessons are what you....er... he needs. But you can tell pretty quick if he has any rythm or hand control. Drums are fun but you do have to carry lots of crap to the show :D

Shark In The Pond
01-01-2005, 10:04 AM
I'm a drummer. Lessons are what you....er... he needs. But you can tell pretty quick if he has any rythm or hand control. Drums are fun but you do have to carry lots of crap to the show :D
When I was younger my brother had a band so when they would leave I would bang on them awhile and he showed me a couple of the basic that I showed my son and he is getting it pretty quick ,I think he can but that's why I bought him a First Act set ( 8 piece set ) for little $$ incase he don't have the rythm ? I'm thinking about getting myself A set to learn along with him If he sticks with it ? Neighbors will come to hate us quick :rolleyes:

RiverOtter
01-01-2005, 10:08 AM
When I was younger my brother had a band so when they would leave I would bang on them awhile and he showed me a couple of the basic that I showed my son and he is getting it pretty quick ,I think he can but that's why I bought him a First Act set ( 8 piece set ) for little $$ incase he don't have the rythm ? I'm thinking about getting myself A set to learn along with him If he sticks with it ? Neighbors will come to hate us quick :rolleyes:
Screw em!! :p Get him lessons and focus on Jazz. Probably won't like that kind of music but when you're good at Jazz you can play anything. Buy him some Dave Matthews stuff. That dude can freakin play!!

Shark In The Pond
01-01-2005, 10:18 AM
Screw em!! :p Get him lessons and focus on Jazz. Probably won't like that kind of music but when you're good at Jazz you can play anything. Buy him some Dave Matthews stuff. That dude can freakin play!!
Cool...I will give that a try .

NashvilleBound
01-01-2005, 10:48 AM
Drummers, drummers, drummers..they are all the same...loud and take FOREVER to set up for a gig!

RiverOtter
01-01-2005, 11:32 AM
Drummers, drummers, drummers..they are all the same...loud and take FOREVER to set up for a gig!
That's cause you Getfiddle players sit outside the club hitting the bong and don't offer any help in carrying in all our crap :D

JustMVG
01-01-2005, 12:24 PM
Whatever, so we take a little while longer, ya gotta have somebody to keep you Deliverance guitar players honest AND with a beat :p MVG

ROZ
01-01-2005, 01:26 PM
Because my daughter(5) can carry a little beat on her cousins beginner kit, Santa almost brought her one for christmas. Mrs.Claus said I have to clean the garage first, daughter getting a surfboard instead :D

Shark In The Pond
01-01-2005, 01:31 PM
Because my daughter(5) can carry a little beat on her cousins beginner kit, Santa almost brought her one for christmas. Mrs.Claus said I have to clean the garage first, daughter getting a surfboard instead :D
Well Roz go out and get her a set so you can feel my pain also :cry:

RiverOtter
01-01-2005, 05:00 PM
Whatever, so we take a little while longer, ya gotta have somebody to keep you Deliverance guitar players honest AND with a beat :p MVG
LMAO!!

NashvilleBound
01-01-2005, 07:01 PM
I mean why dont you just take up all the storage...wait you do!! Really, your playing new country do you really need a 23 piece set like Kiss???? How many mics???? Sounds check from hell??? LOL.....but its ALLLLL good....we would not be a band without you:) Did I mention you take up 1/3 of the sound board???? just messin with you guys.....

JustMVG
01-01-2005, 07:26 PM
Yeah Country drummers are getting outta hand, some of them don't even seem to use half of what they have on stage, but the shows the thing so they say, whoever the heck "They" are :D MVG

Froggystyle
01-02-2005, 01:30 AM
I mean why dont you just take up all the storage...wait you do!! Really, your playing new country do you really need a 23 piece set like Kiss???? How many mics???? Sounds check from hell??? LOL.....but its ALLLLL good....we would not be a band without you:) Did I mention you take up 1/3 of the sound board???? just messin with you guys.....
No shit. I take up three channels. Vocal mike (Shure 58), Cab mike(Shure 57) and a monitor level. Done.
Gotta love the drums though. Carter (DMB) is the badass right now. Kindof knocked of Neil Peart since Rush stopped being pertinent for the time being.
Don't everyone get mad at me... I love Rush, they are just not contemporary anymore.

RiverOtter
01-02-2005, 04:59 AM
Never heard Neil do anything as impressive a Carter but maybe I haven't heard everything. Neil is very fast and has very quick feet but I still give the All Mighty Drummer award to Carter. :D

SDLifesaver
01-02-2005, 06:19 AM
Just got my first set for X-Mas. 9 piece DW and my lessons start this week. I am hooked, but the hardest thing is that bass pedal. Can't seem to make the hands and feet do different stuff yet.

NashvilleBound
01-02-2005, 06:31 AM
Just got my first set for X-Mas. 9 piece DW and my lessons start this week. I am hooked, but the hardest thing is that bass pedal. Can't seem to make the hands and feet do different stuff yet.
Patience Grasshopper, patience...it will come. Lessons are the best thing you could do.

NashvilleBound
01-02-2005, 06:36 AM
No shit. I take up three channels. Vocal mike (Shure 58), Cab mike(Shure 57) and a monitor level. Done.
Gotta love the drums though. Carter (DMB) is the badass right now. Kindof knocked of Neil Peart since Rush stopped being pertinent for the time being.
Don't everyone get mad at me... I love Rush, they are just not contemporary anymore.
Shoot I only take up two...wireless on the guitar and a GOOD monitor. I'll never forget we were doing a show and I was playing the progression in the wrong order, duh, I looked up from my typical playing gyration to see everyone in the band staring at me....I could feel the blood draining from my face. Looking back on some of those things its funny...then, uhhh, no.

RiverOtter
01-02-2005, 10:32 AM
Do the heel rock with the hi hat foot. Heel down on 1 & 3 and toe down on 2 & 4. Then add the bass pedal on 1 & 3.

Shark In The Pond
01-02-2005, 10:45 AM
Do the heel rock with the hi hat foot. Heel down on 1 & 3 and toe down on 2 & 4. Then add the bass pedal on 1 & 3.
Yeh what he said :confused:

NashvilleBound
01-02-2005, 01:21 PM
I thought it was always 1-4-5?

Froggystyle
01-02-2005, 01:47 PM
That is a syncopated break beat. I like that too.

RiverOtter
01-02-2005, 03:26 PM
That's why you play the getfiddle :D

RACRJEFF
01-02-2005, 03:55 PM
a kid will pick them up faster than most adults, adults always want to do it thier way which is usually wrong, lessons are the way to go he will start out with rudiments and move on from there. but id say a few months and he can pound out a hi hat, snare and kick tune, but to roll a kit like tre cool(green day) or travis barker(blink 182) may never happen ive been playing for alot of years and i cant do it !!!!!lol private meesage me if u have any other questions

NashvilleBound
01-02-2005, 05:14 PM
That's why you play the getfiddle :D
:notam: :D

HCB Bullet
01-02-2005, 07:08 PM
focus on rudiments at first, get him a good practice pad so he can build some chops. My family and I went to court several times when I was youger about the noise. Got lucky, the judge was a drummer!!