PDA

View Full Version : Cole boats still alive

franky
01-01-2005, 01:10 PM
Soooooo, I get a knock on the door and it is a couple old guys who look suspiciously like Jehovahs Witness dudes so I politely tell them that it is a bad time and let my dog show some teeth. One of them hands me a book to read about in "my spare time" about a wonderful man and the other guy, who saw the COLE BOAT decal in my truck window says "are you with Cole Boats?".
I tell him no and that I have always owned and currently own a Cole. He explains that his son just took possession of three or four of the Cole molds and is going to start molding them. I asked him who his son was and he said he owns Force Offshore in S. Cal.
Anybody have the low down on this?
Best wishes for a safe and fun New Years - Frank

ROZ
01-01-2005, 01:20 PM
Do they still ride bikes when they're old? j/k :D

franky
01-01-2005, 01:21 PM
dude, you got it wrong, your thinkin of the white shirt black tie/pants Morman guys.

Kilrtoy
01-01-2005, 01:25 PM
I did hear something about this. Check with force on monday

ROZ
01-01-2005, 01:28 PM
dude, you got it wrong, your thinkin of the white shirt black tie/pants Morman guys.
Did you read the book?:D
Nice to hear that someone is doing something with the Cole molds... Nice looking boats...

Kilrtoy
01-01-2005, 01:29 PM
Did you read the book?:D
L :rollside: L

franky
01-01-2005, 01:35 PM
Actually I just put it a a plain brown wrapper and sent it to Kilrtoy.

ROZ
01-01-2005, 01:37 PM
You Kilr, send it to me when you finish reading it. After I'm done skimming it, I'll send it to BoatFloating :D

franky
01-01-2005, 01:40 PM
I think you can get them with really big print and easier words so Frenchy can read it also, more pictures too.

Kilrtoy
01-01-2005, 01:43 PM
You Kilr, send it to me when you finish reading it. After I'm done skimming it, I'll send it to BoatFloating :D
yeah but BF, AKA Ricky will keep it and begin to live by the rules he will have acquired

franky
01-01-2005, 01:46 PM
So when he gave me the book, I said "hang on a minute, I got one for you" and shut the door hoping he wouldn't think it was rude to not invite him in. When I came back I gave him a copy of "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" by Hunter S. Thompson being Christmas and all, ya know...better to give than recieve.

phebus
01-01-2005, 02:13 PM
You should have invited him in, and put Pegged on the DVD. Would have made him a "river" convert. :D

Moe_Havi
01-01-2005, 04:11 PM
I think he would have to clear it with "his attourney" before he read it. Funny book.
Moe

VD CRUISER
01-01-2005, 06:58 PM
I read something, about these guys buying the Cole molds, on another forum. Anybody know which molds they got?

MarkK
01-01-2005, 08:00 PM
I have the low down on force & Cole. I was in there last week checkin out their new 32' cat canopy and noticed a v hull. I asked the guy when they started making v's (that's what I currently have a 29v) he said they just purchased 3 molds from Cole - The 28', 25' and 23 molds. I guess they are only going to be building the 25 and 28. They had both models there and they were bad ass! He said they will debut at the LA Boat show. I cant waitto see what they look like finished. I am a v-luver but ready to switch over to the cat family ! The 32 canopy they have is pretty bitchin! I guess its the first year for the canopies on the cat? anyone know how this rides?

Kilrtoy
01-01-2005, 08:15 PM
Ask Deano, he has one.....
so how much is the 25 going to be

MarkK
01-01-2005, 08:21 PM
I dont know? I didnt ask. I will be back in there this week I will find out what there prices are. Who's Deano? Does e have a 29 or 32?

OutCole'd
01-01-2005, 08:23 PM
That is great news. I had hoped they would still carry the Cole name though.

BLOWN HOWARD
01-01-2005, 08:28 PM
That Cole 28 would be a runner up in my next purchase got to love the world class!!!!!!! They ride bitchen!!!!

Kilrtoy
01-01-2005, 08:30 PM
That Cole 28 would be a runner up in my next purchase got to love the world class!!!!!!! They ride bitchen!!!!
WHAT , noHhoward,
WE ARE DOOOOMED :)

BLOWN HOWARD
01-01-2005, 08:31 PM
WHAT , noHhoward,
WE ARE DOOOOMED :)
Easy there kilr like i said runner up, I was waiting for you to reply to this one. :rollside:

Kilrtoy
01-01-2005, 09:01 PM
Ok, I thought a trade in was coming

BLOWN HOWARD
01-01-2005, 09:29 PM
Ok, I thought a trade in was coming
I officially cant afford shit for a little while after i just blew my wad on my house!!!!! Its all up to you to do the trading!!!

Kilrtoy
01-01-2005, 09:31 PM
Im trying...... :supp: :supp: :supp: :supp: :supp:

BLOWN HOWARD
01-01-2005, 09:35 PM
Im trying...... :supp: :supp: :supp: :supp: :supp:
whats the deal what will some of the dealers give you on yours on a trade in? So have you figured out whats its gonna be yet?

Kilrtoy
01-01-2005, 09:44 PM
JACKSHIT, I dont mind getting a lower price, but I dont want to take it in the ARSE

BLOWN HOWARD
01-01-2005, 09:47 PM
What motor is in it and how many hrs? Yeah they dont give you shit for trades anymore.I will pass the word around work and to some friends.

Kilrtoy
01-01-2005, 09:49 PM
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/8/5/77340585.htm

BLOWN HOWARD
01-01-2005, 09:52 PM
Alright thanks i will print that out and pass it along to some friends.

Kilrtoy
01-01-2005, 09:56 PM
Thanks, The only down side is the boat is in havasu....

BLOWN HOWARD
01-01-2005, 10:08 PM
Thanks, The only down side is the boat is in havasu....
Well how you supposed to sell it out there??????? No prob i will let them know and if anybody is real interested i will let you know.

franky
01-02-2005, 06:54 AM
The 28 and 25 are the "250-S and 280-S World Class" small step bottom, I have the 25 which has the integrated swim platform. To my knowledge, Jim never made a 23. Perhaps a 22.5 or 22?
I've had a 20.5 Super Sport (the bithchest boat I have EVER owned, handled like a sports car, and a 22 Super Hawk. I was working a deal with Jim to buy the 25 bare, rig it myself, then he got into that "situation" so we bought a 2001 used. Love it but the hull definetely wants more power. That is being handled as we speek.

J540
01-02-2005, 06:59 PM
The 28 and 25 are the "250-S and 280-S World Class" small step bottom, I have the 25 which has the integrated swim platform. To my knowledge, Jim never made a 23. Perhaps a 22.5 or 22?
I've had a 20.5 Super Sport (the bithchest boat I have EVER owned, handled like a sports car, and a 22 Super Hawk. I was working a deal with Jim to buy the 25 bare, rig it myself, then he got into that "situation" so we bought a 2001 used. Love it but the hull definetely wants more power. That is being handled as we speek.
10/4 .He never had a 23' just the 22' skier 22' night hawk 22'. 20'super sport like mine.He did have a 24' that was bad ass looking but did not like High speeds, I went with mike and chuck who used to work thereand tested it at castaic lake and at 87 mph it felt funny, it had a reel deep Vee cut water good but just dont turn hard, you mite get wet.
The smaller molds are still around, I was going to get the 20 mold so i cuold layup another one.

franky
01-02-2005, 09:23 PM
The 24' had MAJOR handling problems, wanted to flip onto it's side at random. It is my understanding that sued by a guy from Thousand Oaks who rolled one over completely. Only made a few.
Chuck rigged my 20.5. in '94. Sold it to my friend (after he had me pull the 830 horse motor blown motor, then I bought a 22', no engine/drive/trailer, from Chuck. Had it sitting in his garage. Some guy traded? it to him for pullin everything out of it and putting it in a close deck, didn't like friends in the boat. Wasn't nearly as fun as the Super Sport.
If you have a line on the molds, count me in. I would love to build another.

ColeTR1
01-02-2005, 10:09 PM
Anyone know where the flat bottom molds are at? Did Force get them to?

MarkK
01-02-2005, 10:17 PM
I was told they are only building the 28 and 25. The 25 is different from the 24 that you are talking about. I wonder why they are not in hot boat re theese molds??

al cole'holic
01-02-2005, 10:21 PM
...damn, last time I talked to the old bastard he said he wasn't gonna do this shit...what a bunch of garbage. They were even working on a cat hull...man, his youngest is a fukcnut :mad:

franky
01-02-2005, 10:30 PM
MarkK,
Yes I know that the 25 is not the 24. I own a 25. My last thread was about the 24 and the problems with it.
Cole TR-1,
Check Dragboats.com classified. I think there is a guy in there back east/south? that is burning em.

bigpapasean
01-03-2005, 01:57 AM
I’ve herd theirs a guy up hear in Redding that has a few cole molds I will see what I can find out.

Sandbar Mike
01-03-2005, 07:25 AM
I'm sure these will be called Force Offshore's, but these Cole 25 & 28's have great bottoms, and with the Force great gel work,interior and outstanding rigging I would hope they would called them Force. (Force just made themselves a bit bigger in the Industry) dam V's :2purples: :D
MarkK,
I hear you on that 32 canopy, It's bad ass!
I'm thinking of trading up to there 29 Canopy without rub rail, like Johns in the showroom. Talk about sick
Good Luck shopping :D

Havasu_Dreamin
01-03-2005, 08:17 AM
They had both models there and they were bad ass! He said they will debut at the LA Boat show.
They were already out of the mold then? If not, maiking it to the LA Boat show, as of now, if they have not been laid-up would be a tight time frame.

superdave013
01-03-2005, 08:26 AM
They are down in FL now.
click click (http://www.v-driveboat.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1293)
http://www.v-driveboat.com/images/gallery/photos/34_000_0703.jpg

BOAT ANCHOR
01-03-2005, 02:50 PM
Cole TR1
To answer your question about the whereabouts of the Cole Runner Bottom molds, Pete Giroux (Giroux Custom Boats, Imperial, Ca. (760) 337-2681 shop, or (818) 203-8695 cell) has possession of and is manufacturing boats from the Cole TR2 Runner Bottom mold (the REAL ONE), one of the Hondo XH511T Runner Bottom molds, the original Cole Hydro mold (the one his 1981Cole "Giroux Engineering Special" BGH came out of), and the Cole/Deaver Top Fuel Hydro mold. He has access to the Cole TR3 mold. The TR4 mold is around somewhere, as a new boat out of the TR4 mold showed up at the last NJBA race as well as at Phoenix, in November of 2004. As this is being written, a new Cole TR2 is being laid up at Giroux's shop in Imperial, Ca. The hull is all white gelcote and is being laid up with the finest modern materials available. The stringers are inch and a quater thick CLEAR WHITE ASH (that are extremely straight and been run through a commercial drum sander after milling), and the floors, kick board, and transom wood, are marine grade plywood with white ash veneer (professionally bonded to the marine plywood in a press with marine grade glue by the marine plywood supplier) which is slightly stained (light honey color) with a resin/fiberglass compatible stain system. The interior if the hull will be blacked out around the wood in the floors as well as the sides of the hull. The center keel portion of the hull is being blacked out with BLACK CARBON FIBER (edged with black gelcote so that the frayed edge of the black carbon from cutting to width, is not visible). The interior finished sides, floors, kick board, and
interior transom will be flow coated. The deck of the TR2 will be attached/tabbed to the bottom portion of the hull while both deck and bottom are still in their respective molds thus assuring a perfect fit as well as assuring that each boat out of the mold is the same and not altered (dimensionally or shape wise) by the way the deck fits. This hull should be out of the mold and ready for public display by mid January 2005. Stage one hulls include raw cavitation plates installed (no cavitation plate hardware), steel strut and fin installed, prop shaft hole drilled, seam ready for paint (gelcoted seam available as an option). The hulls are available in any stage of completion from bare hull to turn key. The Cole TR2 and the Hondo XH511T are also being offered with a WOOD DECK as an option, in either a "Straight" or "T Deck" configuration (When's the last time you saw a runner bottom with a wood "T" deck????) Pete currently has a Hondo XH511T that's getting a wood deck created and installed up in North Fork, Ca.(Bass Lake), and hopes to unveil it some time in the Spring of 2005 (Bakersfield). Giroux Custom Boats are entirely custom and Pete is willing to undertake what ever your requests might be (gelcote color, lamination schedule, lamination material {cloth and resin systems} variety of different woods (ash,oak,douglas fur) for stringer and floors, laminated stringers to match laminated gunwales used for the wood deck option, balsa floors, carbon fiber, aluminum honeycomb structure/carbon panel, ect,ect,ect,) to ensure the boat is a one of a kind piece. Pete also manufactures his own "custom" tube boat trailers, with all the custom features (chrome fenders, polished stainless steel fenders, disk brakes, removable tong, swing away tong, chrome rudder guards, with SS rollers, frenched LED lights (tail and clearance), over size tubing, steps (with diamond plate) or step less, chrome floater bar, wheels) or he can provide you with a Custom Ellis Trailer with the same custom options mentioned above, if preferred. Giroux Custom Boats is currently taking orders for New Custom Cole TR2's and Hondo XH511T's. His boats are going to be a cut above the average and definitely deserve a look from the discriminating v drive flat/runner bottom public. Give Pete a call at (760) 337-2681 shop, or (818) 203-8695 cell, or myself Scott (805) 584-3033, and discuss your requirements with us, we'll be glad to talk to you. THANKS

the_gray_goose
01-03-2005, 03:09 PM
Anyone interested in a 28 now? I have mine for sale.

al cole'holic
01-03-2005, 03:15 PM
I would say there has to be at least one Cole mold in each state.

al cole'holic
01-03-2005, 03:17 PM
Anyone interested in a 28 now? I have mine for sale.
..damn that thing still for sale, I thought someone from here was pretty interested.

franky
01-03-2005, 08:03 PM
Gray Goose, more info please on the 28

shockwaveharry
01-03-2005, 11:36 PM
So... What about the 22 NightHawk? I love that boat...

the_gray_goose
01-04-2005, 01:11 PM
al cole'holic
I have had a lot of interest, but just have not had the time to go to havasu and show it. There was a guy from simi who was real interested and was going to fly me up there to see it at the end of summer. (old cole flatbottom drag racer).
We just couldn't get our schedules together. I have been way to busy building my new house.
Franky,
The boat is in havasu. It was the one Cole used for the ***boat and powerboat tests. full articals in both mags. 1997
502 efi ( 80 hours on new motor, teage install )
bravo 1 ( about 60 hours on it. warranty replaced at alco in havasu )
asking 48k
boat is in perfect condition. no one ever beleives me when I tell them it is a 1997.
here are some more pics

al cole'holic
01-04-2005, 01:20 PM
al cole'holic
I have had a lot of interest, but just have not had the time to go to havasu and show it. There was a guy from simi who was real interested and was going to fly me up there to see it at the end of summer. (old cole flatbottom drag racer).
We just couldn't get our schedules together. I have been way to busy building my new house.
Franky,
The boat is in havasu. It was the one Cole used for the ***boat and powerboat tests. full articals in both mags. 1997
502 efi ( 80 hours on new motor, teage install )
bravo 1 ( about 60 hours on it. warranty replaced at alco in havasu )
asking 48k
boat is in perfect condition. no one ever beleives me when I tell them it is a 1997.
here are some more pics
I met you about a year ago on the water, then this year I met who I think is your bro or bro inlaw here at my warehouse working with a guy I know...HVAC company :rollside:

the_gray_goose
01-04-2005, 02:42 PM
yes, it was my brother in law