PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Fans

MsDrmr
01-04-2005, 10:28 AM
what do you fans think of the re-naming of the Aneheim Angels....soon to be "The Los Angeles Angels of Aneheim?"

superdave013
01-04-2005, 10:31 AM
I think it sucks.

Domn8er
01-04-2005, 11:16 AM
It's stupid.

Tow Guy
01-04-2005, 11:18 AM
That's Bullsh*t

Ziggy
01-04-2005, 11:22 AM
It's stupid.
This sums it up well.

TheLurker
01-04-2005, 11:31 AM
I hate it.
Mr. Moreno thinks by changing the name to LA his marketing value will go up.
I disagree. He will alienate a lot of the old Angel fans that want nothing to do with LA

Johnwithjm
01-04-2005, 11:32 AM
Should have stayed with the California Angels

jbtrailerjim
01-04-2005, 11:39 AM
I think it sucks.
Ditto.

mirvin
01-04-2005, 11:41 AM
So in spanish the new name will be:
"The Angels Angels of Anehiem"
How ridiculous......
mirvin :hammerhea

BarryMac
01-04-2005, 11:44 AM
Yeap, what he said...

Totally IncapASSitated
01-04-2005, 12:06 PM
Might be appropriate if they were in f'ing LA!!! However, Mr. Moreno needs to take a closer look at a map...Orange County is not LA (nor do we want it to be!!)

dirty old man
01-04-2005, 12:09 PM
I think he just shot himself in the foot. What a stupid move

Havasu_Dreamin
01-04-2005, 12:15 PM
Might be appropriate if they were in f'ing LA!!! However, Mr. Moreno needs to take a closer look at a map...Orange County is not LA (nor do we want it to be!!)
So, I suppose you were this adamant about the LA Rams playing in Anaheim, right? Before you flame me, I think the name change is, as previously posted, stupid. As a life long Angels fan they should have remained the California Angels IMHO. However, there is some history to the name Los Angels Angels. All of this does not matter though as long as the team wins. If they don't win then it will never catch on.

MsDrmr
01-04-2005, 12:36 PM
can't blame you there, orange county is a whole other world.

Ivan Dan
01-04-2005, 12:45 PM
Here is the phone to call and voice your opinion 714 940 2000. I guess they are documenting all the calls (and they've had A LOT) and they will be presented to Arte Moreno. I told them I was a life long Angels fan and if the name does change to this that I will never attend a game, root for the Angels, or be a fan EVER again.
The more people who call in and complain the better chances we will have that this won't happen. So everyone call in and tell them what you think.

AZmike
01-04-2005, 01:34 PM
I been a Angels fan my whole life, and still am even though I live in Arizona now. If the Angels become associated with Los Angeles then I guess I'll have to watch d-back games :mad:

Red Eye
01-04-2005, 02:18 PM
Bingo!!!

NOTALENT
01-04-2005, 02:20 PM
thats crap!! I guess the Los Angeles Dodgers...werent good enough!! :eat:

Roxysnow
01-04-2005, 02:38 PM
That new name totally sucks! Might as well name them the Tiajuana Angeles! (no offense to those born in TJ, it's a great place to party. But what a dump!) I'm hopuing the City wins there breach of contract suit!

Havasu_Dreamin
01-04-2005, 02:49 PM
That new name totally sucks! Might as well name them the Tiajuana Angeles! (no offense to those born in TJ, it's a great place to party. But what a dump!) I'm hopuing the City wins there breach of contract suit!
Doubt it. From what I have read the contract only calls for Anaheim to be part of the name. In the new, LAMEA$$ form, it meets the guidelines set forth in the contract. :confused:

cola
01-04-2005, 02:53 PM
bull s hit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roxysnow
01-04-2005, 02:55 PM
Doubt it. From what I have read the contract only calls for Anaheim to be part of the name. In the new, LAMEA$$ form, it meets the guidelines set forth in the contract. :confused:
They should go back to the California Angels (of Anaheim)! now they can market everyone in cali!

Havasu_Dreamin
01-04-2005, 03:04 PM
They should go back to the California Angels (of Anaheim)! now they can market everyone in cali!
Exactly! That's the name I preferred.

totenhosen
01-04-2005, 03:11 PM
Got this from another board and it about sums it up
They wont keep the name the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, they will slowly drop of the "of Anaheim" and simply call them Los Angeles Angels.
The reason why this is an issue is four-fold
1. From a business perspective, Moreno is tapping into a geographic market by feigning ties to a city in which his team does not reside.
2. from a Civic pride perspective, the Dodgers are an LA County team while the Angels are an Orange County team. Their is a friendly rivalry between the two counties and civis pride in our teams drives some of it
3. From a baseball perspective, I as many of my fellow Angelenos, grew up in Los Angeles and have known it as the city of the Dodgers. I am proud of the fact that Los Angeles is home to the Dodgers as I imagine many residents of Anaheim and Orange County are (or were) proud that the Anaheim is the home of the Angels.
4. From a legal perspective, changing the name is vioilating the spirit of the contract that the Angels signed with the city, which netted the Angels upwards of $30 million for stadium renovations. Too call the team the "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim" is not only a shady use of a legal loophol, its an idiotic name and quite absurd, if you ask me.

JetBoatRich
01-04-2005, 04:17 PM
Funny, earlier today I was talking to a friend with season tickets. He said the same thing.
Winning teams brings in the crowd, keep winning and the stands will be full. :hammerhea

dmontzsta
01-04-2005, 05:36 PM
I hope the city takes this all the way and fights them til the end.
I work right next door to them and would hate to see that stupid name on the sign everyday when I cut across the parking lot for lunch.

Raisin Wake
01-04-2005, 05:50 PM
I hate it.
Mr. Moreno thinks by changing the name to LA his marketing value will go up.
I disagree. He will alienate a lot of the old Angel fans that want nothing to do with LA
That has been my point all along. Growing up, I hated LA, so I became an Angels fan. This just sucks.... :mad:

voodoomedman
01-04-2005, 05:57 PM
Brought the Halos back and won the pennant. Let's bring back California Angels and win it again. :D