PDA

View Full Version : Broken CHEBY truck update

Kilrtoy
01-04-2005, 05:30 PM
So the Dealer calls the wife back and says it is a bad amp. Ok so what now she says. the dealer replies we will order it and it will be done tommorrow night , maybe the following morning. They now offer a rent a car.
Well a few mintues later the wife gets a call from the dealer(2ND). They state the part is on back order and it may be in next week, month possibly 3 months. She says ARE YOU SERIOUS, they reply yes it can take up to three months to get the part. So They tell her we will disconect the part and bring your truck back to you.....She says Fine do that and call me when the part comes in.
So they show up at my house and it is at this time they inform my wife that they did not disconnect the broken part as to we would have zero stereo, onstar or cell phone. So the wife tells them , ok take the truck back and take the new part out of one of your trucks on the floor. They replied we cant do that what happens when someone wants to test drive the truck and listen to the stereo. So she replies
What you are saying is you only care about me before I buy the truck, but once I buy it, i'm screwed and just have to deal with it. Well she received no answer. Damn the service at CHEBY is like some boat manufacutres around here.
So I have my broken truck back still unfixed.....
THANKS CHEBY
NOTE, this is not Jay, but a dealer by my house.....
Also the wife asked since there is such a back order, it this a problem with all your trucks and the answer is YES,
With that said, when I was there last week, why did they not tell me this last week.
What has happened to CUSTOMER SERVICE????????????????

dmontzsta
01-04-2005, 05:36 PM
You know what sucks is they would give you the world to get you to buy it, but after that they dont care. (Not pointing at Photoglu either) I know the situation of him being too far. I meant, all dealers but him.
:D

SHOTKALLIN
Preach on!!! Maybe if you made a sign that said CHEVY HAS NO CUSTOMER SERVICE and put it on your truck and park it in front of the dealer they might give you the part off the new truck???

MAINEVENT
What has happened to CUSTOMER SERVICE????????????????
Whats that??????? :rolleyes: :notam:
Thats sucks big time :devil:

beer hunter
Shoulda stuck with Ford KT :hammerhea

Dribble
01-04-2005, 05:38 PM
Actually, what really sucks is you posted a thread without a picture of the wife.

MOBrien
01-04-2005, 05:40 PM
Damn that really sucks. CS just isn't what it used to be. At least not when you need it. Like you said, they're always so damn friendly and helpful BEFORE the sale. Then it's "thanks for your money, don't come back unless you want another one". Friggin JO's.
your ass must hurt like hell about now! I hope you didn't stoke the same dealer with the purchase of that vette....they obviously don't deserve it.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
01-04-2005, 05:41 PM
Shoulda stuck with Ford KT :hammerhea
yeah what he said

JustMVG
01-04-2005, 05:42 PM
Do we really want to see a pic of his Mrs. Mad? The smile is too nice to ever want to see a frown on that face, i just want to know how the parts guy can say he can't to her, most other guys would have probably gone outta their way for her.
MVG

spectras only
01-04-2005, 05:48 PM
Shabby-Chebby Kilr :hammerhea . Make a sign and let your lovely wife protest in her defiant shirt in front of the dealership :wink: .That should bring some action :)

77charger
01-04-2005, 05:49 PM
wait til the stupid gay ass pushbutton 4wd fails you mine did at powell this year the first day and on a sandy beach it was stuck in 2wd luckily i was able to air down the tires and make it out had uncle with a dodge tow my boat to the hardpack.this was the first new truck i bought and hated the pushbutton yuppie switch from day one but thats all they offer.I have always had manual t cases and locking hubs for a reason.
The plus side is that has been the only problem to date,my brothers father in law is also a chevy service manger also so he has told me my truck is covered to 60k by him if needed.its a 2500hd with the 6.0 motor.I didnt fork out the extra dough for the xm,onstar,

Kilrtoy
01-04-2005, 05:52 PM
Mike that is funny, When we had all FORDS, granted there was ONE AZZ at the dealership, but everyone else loved her, free oil changes, discounted oil changes. She never had to wait for a shuttle they would drive her right home, they would deliver the car to the house. The few times we perceived a problem with the vehicle, it was completely checked.
Now granted this is the only dealer in the SFV they own all the Chevy dealerships here and they think they are the only game in town. I will have to rethink my way of handling this...... :idea:

MAINEVENT
01-04-2005, 05:57 PM
Mike that is funny, When we had all FORDS, granted there was ONE AZZ at the dealership, but everyone else loved her, free oil changes, discounted oil changes. She never had to wait for a shuttle they would drive her right home, they would deliver the car to the house. The few times we perceived a problem with the vehicle, it was completely checked.
Now granted this is the only dealer in the SFV they own all the Chevy dealerships here and they think they are the only game in town. I will have to rethink my way of handling this...... :idea:
Hey Courtesy Chevy takes pretty good care of me when i take the sub in should try their

JustMVG
01-04-2005, 05:59 PM
The parts guys would prolly change their tune if you gave them a link to some of the threads w her pics in them...... my bet is they'd be falling all over her just like we do here, and like the Ford guys.... :D MVG

voodoomedman
01-04-2005, 06:22 PM
It's the dealers service and not Chevy's that sucks. Although I do agree that they should do something about their dealers being so crappy. Not just hand out star ratings. Make them be five star or pull their contract.

Mandelon
01-04-2005, 06:30 PM
Kilr, post the phone number of the dealership and the service manager. Tomorrow we will all make a few calls down there and let them know we read about this on the internet.
We can spread this thread around to other forums on different boards and it will go national.....after 300 phone calls a day urging him to fix Miguel's truck, something might happen...... :D
Man---->serious as a heart attack<-------de------>has a Silverado too<----delon

Mrs. Restless22
01-04-2005, 06:31 PM
Kilr, post the phone number of the dealership and the service manager. Tomorrow we will all make a few calls down there and let them know we read about this on the internet.
We can spread this thread around to other forums on different boards and it will go national.....after 300 phone calls a day urging him to fix Miguel's truck, something might happen...... :D
Man---->serious as a heart attack<-------de------>has a Silverado too<----delon
Count me in! Im always available to be a pain in the ass to someone :rollside:

Mandelon
01-04-2005, 06:38 PM
I always count on you.....

Mrs. Restless22
01-04-2005, 06:39 PM
Thanks Mr. dreamie February :D

Mandelon
01-04-2005, 06:41 PM
WoooooWoooooo!!! :p

plaster dave
01-04-2005, 06:53 PM
Well I guess if Chevys broke down more often like Fords then they would be better at dealing with these kind of problems. :wink: :D

beer hunter
01-04-2005, 07:05 PM
Well I guess if Chevys broke down more often like Fords then they would be better at dealing with these kind of problems. :wink: :D
Nice try :boxingguy :D

Kilrtoy
01-04-2005, 07:17 PM
Thanks for all your help and advice but since this is a new truck they are gonna fix it, I am going over there tommorrow, I think during my lunch break. Hopefully they will have a better answer for me. I will keep you updated.....

Mandelon
01-04-2005, 07:22 PM
Remind them of the power of the internet......100's of calls a day, guaranteed. Bwaahaaahaaa :skull:

77charger
01-04-2005, 07:30 PM
mine did that (last truck z-71) at the zoo ,what a bitch to get the boat out @ the nac hotel ramp
forgot to mention mine is an 04(was big problems for the 03s and older) so the problem was corrected it was the encoder motor on the transfer case.(imo all this should be manual) but it shorted out the 4wd switch also aint nothing like being on lone rock beach at powell

Domn8er
01-04-2005, 07:45 PM
Remeber all this crap when they send you your questionaire. They are very big on these things. Let them know what's on your mind.

voodoomedman
01-04-2005, 07:58 PM
Remeber all this crap when they send you your questionaire. They are very big on these things. Let them know what's on your mind.
This is true. This is how they get there star ratings and they are big on it. When I get something done at MK Smith they call everyday for weeks until they get a hold of me to say they hope they did everything ok and please call them if not and fill out the survey great and blah blah blah......

mbrown2
01-04-2005, 08:00 PM
A baller like you should have upgraded the stereo by now anyway... :D :shift: :D

Kilrtoy
01-04-2005, 08:19 PM
A baller like you should have upgraded the stereo by now anyway... :D :shift: :D
oh please Mike, a baller,
When I get all the toys and houses you have, then I'll be a baller, right now i'm a little marble.......
You are the BIG BALLER

JetBoatRich
01-04-2005, 08:44 PM
Really sucks they cannot get the thing fixed properly :hammer2:
Just a stereo issue, should be a no brainer :hammer2: no matter who made the truck, Ford, Chevy. Dodge :hammer2: Make the customer drive a vehicle not fully operational for up to 3 months=Bad Customer Service
To me they are not trying hard enough :eek:

dicudmore
01-04-2005, 09:27 PM
I'm not gonna beg you to bring it to me........
but you know I'm there if I can help :rolleyes:
EDIT: CALL ME IF YOU WANT ME TO ORDER THE F-ING AMP FOR THE CHEBY POS :D

dicudmore
01-04-2005, 09:29 PM
ya but that messses with the sales man and hes trying to help so just bash the service and cust/service ,i think the sales man get something($ or points/trips something) for those things ? :idea:
Hey a-hole!!! Now you're messin' with my territory :hammer2: :hammer2:

JetBoatRich
01-04-2005, 09:36 PM
I'm not gonna beg you to bring it to me........
but you know I'm there if I can help :rolleyes:
EDIT: CALL ME IF YOU WANT ME TO ORDER THE F-ING AMP FOR THE CHEBY POS :D
Looks fair to me ;)

dicudmore
01-04-2005, 09:39 PM
Looks fair to me ;)
thank you sir ;)

Tow Guy
01-04-2005, 09:46 PM
Pull Your Bad One Out And Test Drive A New One...Switch Arew And I Bet The Test Drive One Is Fixed In 2 Days Max...Cause They Have To Be Able To Sell It You Know........Fawk Um!!!!

upsman105
01-04-2005, 09:56 PM
Pull Your Bad One Out And Test Drive A New One...Switch Arew And I Bet The Test Drive One Is Fixed In 2 Days Max...Cause They Have To Be Able To Sell It You Know........Fawk Um!!!!
that sounds like the best idea yet.

Dr. Eagle
01-05-2005, 06:57 AM
Actually, what really sucks is you posted a thread without a picture of the wife.
HARUMPH!!!!!!

Dr. Eagle
01-05-2005, 07:18 AM
I had a problem with my 8.1L engine where a smog device malfunctioned (Air Injection Reactor) allowing hot exhaust to back out beyond the check valves melting the rubber hoses all over the top of the engine, ruining the wiring harness and a number of fuel injectors.
The dealer tried and tried but since it was a new engine for "01 and they made changes to the following years they couldn't find a wiring harness. This went on for two months until I finally (at the prodding of the dealers service manager) wrote a demand letter.
Now I think Chevy blew it by not responding faster, but when they got off the dime, they gave me a bumper to bumper extended warranty worth over $2k and paid me the equivelant of three months payments (even thought I had paid cash for the Suburban). They took a wiring harness off the line in Mexico and made changes to it by hand and shipped it up to the dealer... and i had my truck back inside of a week of the delivery of that letter.
I wasn't happy about missing the summer that year, but I would never worry about buying a Chevy... with some prodding they took care of me IMHO. Just a word of advice, I never raised my voice or became belligerant with the service manager, I was reasonable, professional and measured the entire time... and as a result he was happy to go the extra mile for me.

Havasu_Dreamin
01-05-2005, 08:30 AM
If it's a dealer by your house, I can certainly see hwy they would not want to take the part out of one of the trucks on the lot since they didn't sell you the truck initially. That being said, when you were there last week they should have told you about the problem and also explained that the parts are on back order. Also, how can a backordered part be given a possible ship date of 1 to 3 months? That's a window of 90 days!

Dave C
01-05-2005, 08:40 AM
I got an idea...
Go down to the dealer and pretend to look at new trucks and have your wife wear one of those revealing thingys and while the saleman is "distracted," "exchange" the item you need.
trust me.. they won't "notice" a thing. :devil:

dicudmore
01-05-2005, 08:58 AM
1. If it's a dealer by your house, I can certainly see hwy they would not want to take the part out of one of the trucks on the lot since they didn't sell you the truck initially. That being said, when you were there last week they should have told you about the problem and also explained that the parts are on back order. 2. Also, how can a backordered part be given a possible ship date of 1 to 3 months? That's a window of 90 days!
1. Absolutely right.... The only time I would EVER consider disabling a stock unit would be for one of MY customers. The other dealer was close enough to buy it, they are close enough to fix it then too :wink:
2. That means they have no delivery info from GM....figure 90 days is a safe bet :cool:
Note: Was NOT my service dept that told him either of those answers :hammer2:
Have checked into it personally, that amp is back-ordered but they are out there nationwide somewhere so it may be possible to get shipped from another dealer, but no inventory at parts plants to order from :wink:

dicudmore
01-05-2005, 09:00 AM
I got an idea...
Go down to the dealer and pretend to look at new trucks and have your wife wear one of those revealing thingys and while the saleman is "distracted," "exchange" the item you need.
trust me.. they won't "notice" a thing. :devil:
Not only will that idea work, I'll pull one off the front lot and bring it back here in the back so nobody else sees what you're up to :D
Just plant the Mrs somewhere close by to distract me until you're finished....

V-DRIVES RULE
01-05-2005, 09:10 AM
Ive had an 01 gmc hd2500 4x4 lifted 8.1 54k on it now NEVER a problem i 4 whell the hell out of it! Im the one blowing by all the FORDS towing up the needles grade!!!!

Kachina26
01-05-2005, 09:17 AM
Call GM cust service, number is in your owner's manual. Tell them your situation. I have more than once removed a part from a new vehicle in stock and put it in the customer's vehicle and OUR vehicle was broke for 3 months, not the customer's. This is wrong and you need to get it settled. Maybe Jay's dealer could do something like this for you.

Brewzed
01-05-2005, 09:23 AM
Kilr,
I had the same problem with my '02 Sub. I had the left rear speaker go out.
First they said it was the head unit, replaced it. Same problem. Then they said it was the amp. After 3 amps, the found out that it was a relay somewhere between the head unit and the amp. They had to go to the top guys at GM to figure it out.
Basically I've found that if they can't hook a computer up to it to tell them what's wrong, the change parts till they fix it.

Kachina26
01-05-2005, 09:45 AM
Kilr,
I had the same problem with my '02 Sub. I had the left rear speaker go out.
First they said it was the head unit, replaced it. Same problem. Then they said it was the amp. After 3 amps, the found out that it was a relay somewhere between the head unit and the amp. They had to go to the top guys at GM to figure it out.
Basically I've found that if they can't hook a computer up to it to tell them what's wrong, the change parts till they fix it.
OUCH! True at some places, but not all. We call those guys "parts changers" and they hurt all of us. There are some very good techs out there, just gotta look for them.

Kilrtoy
01-05-2005, 09:52 AM
Lets start off first, by those of you who know me, I am extremely soft spoken and rarely do I ever resort to loud obnoxious tones of speaking.
Second I tried to by a vehicle from this dealer, but they NEVER have anything in stock. The one time I tried to buy a car , the sales man tried to sell me a car that would cost me 85plus k for a vehicle that had a window sticker of 42K........
I dont have a problem with it breaking, cuz that can happen to anything, but I do have a problem with the unreasonable amount of time that we have been told it will take to fix this. Also The remedy is unacceptable that I have been left with in the mean time.....

Kachina26
01-05-2005, 10:03 AM
That's why I said call customer service, you won't have to be a jerk. They will call and put pressure on the dealer (trust me on this :D).

Brewzed
01-05-2005, 10:09 AM
OUCH! True at some places, but not all. We call those guys "parts changers" and they hurt all of us. There are some very good techs out there, just gotta look for them.
I know that, this was just a bad experience I had. I usually get really good service from this guy, but I think since it was a speaker/stereo issue he gave it to the lowest tech on the totem pole.
Which dealer are you at?

Jrocket
01-05-2005, 11:25 AM
oh please Mike, a baller,
When I get all the toys and houses you have, then I'll be a baller, right now i'm a little marble.......
You are the BIG BALLER
No kidding! Mike is throwing down cash left and right,must be nice.

dicudmore
01-05-2005, 12:36 PM
I know that, this was just a bad experience I had. I usually get really good service from this guy, but I think since it was a speaker/stereo issue he gave it to the lowest tech on the totem pole.
Which dealer are you at?
Hatfield GMC....in Redlands
Little SPAM for ya K26 :D

dicudmore
01-05-2005, 12:37 PM
That's why I said call customer service, you won't have to be a jerk. They will call and put pressure on the dealer (trust me on this :D).
they will at least call us :wink:

Captain Dan
01-05-2005, 01:08 PM
Why not buy a new amplifier and get rid of the stock one - maybe the dealership will pitch in on the new one.
Take this opportunity to upgrade the stereo system.

Havasu Hangin'
01-05-2005, 01:15 PM
Yes...I guess they do.
I just got a letter from Chevy telling me how to file a complaint with the BBB on their own dealer. :confused:

PHOTOGLOU
01-05-2005, 03:22 PM
Yes...I guess they do.
I just got a letter from Chevy telling me how to file a complaint with the BBB on their own dealer. :confused:
Kilr please get in touch with me I will send A tow truck get your truck down here replace your broken unit with one out of my 05 crew cab and my dealership will give me a rental car for the G.F. to drive call me lets do this tomorrow Jay 714 552 0300

JustMVG
01-05-2005, 03:58 PM
Kilr please get in touch with me I will send A tow truck get your truck down here replace your broken unit with one out of my 05 crew cab and my dealership will give me a rental car for the G.F. to drive call me lets do this tomorrow Jay 714 552 0300
NOW THATS CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!
MVG

superdave013
01-05-2005, 04:11 PM
If it's a dealer by your house, I can certainly see hwy they would not want to take the part out of one of the trucks on the lot since they didn't sell you the truck initially. That being said, when you were there last week they should have told you about the problem and also explained that the parts are on back order. Also, how can a backordered part be given a possible ship date of 1 to 3 months? That's a window of 90 days!
ding ding ding ding!

superdave013
01-05-2005, 04:12 PM
NOW THATS CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!
MVG
No kidding. I know where I'm getting my next truck for sure!!!

BoatPI
01-05-2005, 05:00 PM
Having spent a few years in top office of a new car dealership, I was monitoring this thread.
P_Glow did the stand up thing. That goes 1,000 miles in any consumers book. I imagine he went to his dealerships president and got the OK to do the professional thing. This is a person who you lay down your money with.
Class act.

dicudmore
01-05-2005, 05:04 PM
Having spent a few years in top office of a new car dealership, I was monitoring this thread.
P_Glow did the stand up thing. That goes 1,000 miles in any consumers book. I imagine he went to his dealerships president and got the OK to do the professional thing. This is a person who you lay down your money with.
Class act.
Absolutely :D
I think I know another guy with a reasonable offer too :wink:

PHOTOGLOU
01-05-2005, 05:07 PM
Class act.
Thanks Boat PI, Miguel is comming down Monday he is not taking the offer of the tow truck WHICH is still open, but Monday this will be over sorry for the inconvienince (SP???????) Miguel lunch is on me

phebus
01-05-2005, 05:36 PM
Class act.
The way I read Jay's offer even meant more to me then him going to the president of the company. The way I read it, he was willing to take the part out of his new personal truck in order to resolve a customers dilema. That is very big of him. Then, was his offer to tow Kilrtoy's truck into the dealership, and give him a loaner (which I'm sure took some doing since it wasn't purchased from that particular dealership).
Very stand-up guy, I definately am buying my next truck from Jay!!

TOBTEK
01-05-2005, 05:49 PM
DAMN CHEVY'S.....BUY A GMC ASAP :hammer2: ...J/K! that does suck (and I do see it as well here) when something breaks and the MANUFACTURE can not supply a dealership the part needed.

roln 20s
01-05-2005, 08:51 PM
Important Message for all:
Buy CHEVY and Call Jay--see sig below for number :)
Good work again Jay. I know I am a super happy customer.
Roln 20s

BLOWN HOWARD
01-05-2005, 08:56 PM
Dam i wish i knew about Jay before i bought my truck now i wanna trade my 04 in and get a 05 just to get a smokin deal from Jay. P.S anybody wanna buy my truck so i can go and get another one????? :2purples:

Dr. Eagle
01-05-2005, 09:43 PM
Lets start off first, by those of you who know me, I am extremely soft spoken and rarely do I ever resort to loud obnoxious tones of speaking.
I dont have a problem with it breaking, cuz that can happen to anything, but I do have a problem with the unreasonable amount of time that we have been told it will take to fix this. Also The remedy is unacceptable that I have been left with in the mean time.....
Kilr,
I never meant to suggest that you were one of those loud demanding types. I have just stood by and watched them with service advisors and watched them get red faced and get absolutely nothing. I just thought it was interesting cuz the service manager told me one reason he went out of his way to help was because I was calm and reasonable, unlike some of the customers I had seen there demanding new cars and stuff.
As far as the remedy being unacceptable... I think you're exactly right, and I think that has a lot more to do with the dealer than GM, per se.
I think a call to the GM rep might get you what you should have gotten on the first visit... maybe anyway... :squiggle: hope so!

upsman105
01-05-2005, 10:05 PM
Kilr,
I never meant to suggest that you were one of those loud demanding types. I have just stood by and watched them with service advisors and watched them get red faced and get absolutely nothing. I just thought it was interesting cuz the service manager told me one reason he went out of his way to help was because I was calm and reasonable, unlike some of the customers I had seen there demanding new cars and stuff.
As far as the remedy being unacceptable... I think you're exactly right, and I think that has a lot more to do with the dealer than GM, per se.
I think a call to the GM rep might get you what you should have gotten on the first visit... maybe anyway... :squiggle: hope so!
oh i bet he was one of the those loud demanding types, screaming and yelling and ranting and raving, that guy is crazy :rollside: :)

IN2-IN2MX
01-06-2005, 03:24 PM
Lets start off first, by those of you who know me, I am extremely soft spoken and rarely do I ever resort to loud obnoxious tones of speaking...
In person...that is correct. On the computer... :rolleyes: you never know what mood you'll be in. You've got worse PMS mood swings than any chick I know. :rollside:
Hope the truck gets fixed soon. That blows.