PDA

View Full Version : 05' boat

riverroyal
01-04-2005, 06:39 PM
if I have a 05' boat shouldnt it pass the 05' law,,,,,hmmm,,,,1000$ is kinda alot.

LUVNLIFE
01-04-2005, 06:46 PM
Prob go by the manufacturer date not the model year. You would prob get the ticket and have to prove them different. Prob reads all boats manufactured after 1-1-05 need to meet requirement.

OutCole'd
01-04-2005, 07:23 PM
Prob go by the manufacturer date not the model year. You would prob get the ticket and have to prove them different. Prob reads all boats manufactured after 1-1-05 need to meet requirement.
It does not matter when the boat was built. All boats need to meet the new standards regardless of age.

LUVNLIFE
01-04-2005, 07:26 PM
I believe riverroyal is refering to the fact that if he bought an 05 he should not have to worry about it being complient because the manufacturer should be complient in 05. You are right though all boats must comply regardless. :cool:

riverroyal
01-04-2005, 09:38 PM
maybe I will get a discount on the work! ha,Im sure I will getting something to quiet it down,,no big deal,Im still happy with it,I just hate winter,,,,,,,,,,,,,the boat was built in 04,its a 05 model,knowing MAGIC Im sure they will be fair about anything that needs to be done,they have been great to us so far.

HCS
01-04-2005, 10:11 PM
WTF????
Everything is going to shit. :220v:

CJ
01-04-2005, 11:52 PM
. . . knowing MAGIC Im sure they will be fair about anything that needs to be done . . .
Ha Ha! Right! :hammerhea

OutCole'd
01-05-2005, 06:20 AM
I have not heard of any manufacturer that is offering to recall & retrofit all the boats they built last year to bring it to the new standards. I have not even heard of one manufacturer that is building 100% of their boats to the new standards currently.
Anyone know about any builder doing this?
Just curious.

Havasu_Dreamin
01-05-2005, 08:35 AM
I have not heard of any manufacturer that is offering to recall & retrofit all the boats they built last year to bring it to the new standards. I have not even heard of one manufacturer that is building 100% of their boats to the new standards currently.
Just curious.
Dana Performance Boats is sending out all boats with the Rex Marine silencers standard. Got this from the man at the top, Tom, when I met him in November at Havasu for a little shindig.

superdave013
01-05-2005, 08:38 AM
I've been wondering how long it would take for this to come up. 4 days into the new year and here we are.

Havasu_Dreamin
01-05-2005, 08:42 AM
I've been wondering how long it would take for this to come up. 4 days into the new year and here we are.
The law is there and there is nothing we can do about it. And yes, it sucks that a CA law enforcement on Havasu can pull you over on the AZ side of the lake and even if you are not a Ca resident or your boat is not even registered in CA he can perform the CA test on your boat and issue you a citation if you fail the CA test. The laws for the two states need to be the same, preferably adhering to the less restrictive AZ law. Of course, what everyone is forgetting is that the LHC Marina is still conducting tests on boats that they have no authority to be conducting as it is a public facility and the test is not conducted in accordance with the law in AZ.

OutCole'd
01-05-2005, 08:54 AM
Dana Performance Boats is sending out all boats with the Rex Marine silencers standard. Got this from the man at the top, Tom, when I met him in November at Havasu for a little shindig.
Hats off to Dana !!
Seems like it's kinda like selling a car without a steering wheel. It is going to have to have it, so why not bump the price by whatever it is & just put them on there.

That Guy
01-05-2005, 08:57 AM
Advantage is doing the same thing. I spoke with Kevin at their shop a month or so back and he said they are fitting all new boats with silencers per the law.....

Havasu_Dreamin
01-05-2005, 09:04 AM
Good to see that two of the builders are stepping up and doing what is the right thing to do.

Reaper1
01-05-2005, 09:11 AM
OutCole'd - Did you do anything yet as far as Muffs?
Reap

OutCole'd
01-05-2005, 09:15 AM
OutCole'd - Did you do anything yet as far as Muffs?
Reap
Not yet. I am waiting for Rex to come out with the clamp on set up. I am hopeing they will clear my swim step.
What about you?

Reaper1
01-05-2005, 09:18 AM
Nothing yet. Kind of fighting it. And yes, the swim step is an issue. Keep me posted. :wink:

dirty old man
01-05-2005, 09:46 AM
You can't get a Hallett out the door without mufflers. Heard another manufacture takes pictures of the transom and has the customer sign a doc that states the boat was delivered with mufflers installed. this must be to prevent the problem of the customer doing any modification after delivery and getting a fix it ticket

RiverToysJas
01-05-2005, 11:07 AM
As of now, I believe LaveyCraft is putting mufflers on all new boats. They sent a notice in the last news letter that they will provide the upgrade service at a reduced cost to their pre'05 clients.
RTJas :D

superdave013
01-05-2005, 11:17 AM
They sent a notice in the last news letter that they will provide the upgrade service at a reduced cost to their pre'05 clients.
That's pretty stand up right there!!

Havasu_Dreamin
01-05-2005, 11:21 AM
As of now, I believe LaveyCraft is putting mufflers on all new boats. They sent a notice in the last news letter that they will provide the upgrade service at a reduced cost to their pre'05 clients.
That's HUGE! Very stand up thing to do especially sicne they did not have to do it.

jackpunx
01-05-2005, 11:51 AM
thats very cool.. Hopfully I'll be able to stay out of trouble.. I guess I'll find out soon ;)

OutCole'd
01-05-2005, 12:14 PM
Damn, that is huge. Curious what the discount is.
Darrin, you listening?? :D

phebus
01-05-2005, 01:38 PM
That's just good marketing. You know there still making money, and it gets people back to the shop. Who knows, maybe sell some new boats.

riverroyal
01-05-2005, 06:04 PM
i had know idea anyone would even respond to this,,,,,as for our experience with purchasing a MAGIC boat it was great,if I have to pay for muffs then so be it,my guess is Magic will be fair,they have so far,and if they want repeat buyers they should be,,,,,,although some of you seem to disagree....it is very cool that some builders are helping with it.....outcoled keep me updated on your progress,I will probably copy you,take the easy way out!

JB in so cal
01-05-2005, 06:08 PM
i had know idea anyone would even respond to this,,,,,as for our experience with purchasing a MAGIC boat it was great,if I have to pay for muffs then so be it,my guess is Magic will be fair,they have so far,and if they want repeat buyers they should be,,,,,,although some of you seem to disagree....it is very cool that some builders are helping with it.....outcoled keep me updated on your progress,I will probably copy you,take the easy way out!
:idea:

riverroyal
01-05-2005, 06:10 PM
itchy chin?

JB in so cal
01-05-2005, 06:12 PM
itchy chin?
I'm just thinking... I've got baffles that Darrin put in for me and, well, you know... just thinking!

riverroyal
01-05-2005, 06:26 PM
??

JB in so cal
01-05-2005, 06:32 PM
You too.

riverroyal
01-05-2005, 06:37 PM
thats great,,,left you another.

JB in so cal
01-05-2005, 06:41 PM
:cool:

JB in so cal
01-05-2005, 06:42 PM
When's Summer?!

riverroyal
01-05-2005, 06:47 PM
we are heading to Glamis friday morning,1st trip there in 7 years,Im praying the weather doesnt suck real bad or it may be another 7,sitting in a trailer drinking beer is only fun until my kids want the playstation back

OutCole'd
01-05-2005, 07:58 PM
I'm just thinking... I've got baffles that Darrin put in for me and, well, you know... just thinking!
What am I? Chopped Liver??
How about a PM my way guys, what's up?

riverroyal
01-05-2005, 08:13 PM
not lonely are ya? ha

OutCole'd
01-05-2005, 08:50 PM
not lonely are ya? ha
So....

atomickitn
01-05-2005, 09:03 PM
Just curious.
dana boats is current with all laws, i now cause im the one rigging the things, we only do things the rite way the first time for our customers.... happy endingshttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_2_36.gif ('http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb008_ZS')

OutCole'd
01-06-2005, 06:22 AM
dana boats is current with all laws, i now cause im the one rigging the things, we only do things the rite way the first time for our customers.... happy endingshttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_2_36.gif ('http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb008_ZS')
I read that earlier about Dana. Congrats. So far, it looks like Dana & Hallet and Advantage are the only ones? Is that right?

atomickitn
01-06-2005, 06:36 AM
I read that earlier about Dana. Congrats. So far, it looks like Dana & Hallet and Advantage are the only ones? Is that right?
not sure what others are doing i just now what we are doing. we dont like to talk bad about others. :)

JB in so cal
01-06-2005, 07:12 AM
What am I? Chopped Liver??
How about a PM my way guys, what's up?
Good Morning! :D

OutCole'd
01-06-2005, 08:32 AM
Good Morning! :D
Oh, I see how it is, so now it's "Good Morning"... :D

JB in so cal
01-06-2005, 08:43 AM
Don't feel too bad. We were having a Black Motor conversation, not a Blue one.

OutCole'd
01-06-2005, 08:48 AM
Don't feel too bad. We were having a Black Motor conversation, not a Blue one.
Sweet, glad you left me out then.
I heard it was more of a Black Meadow conversation. :rollside:
Have you been sitting in your boat making that Vrooom sound lately?
How much longer can this winter last????

JB in so cal
01-06-2005, 09:27 AM
I did bring it home for a little audio bump up- there are times when it's not raining or the wind isn't blowing, that when you take the cover off, and just for a second, you - oh h***, who am I kidding - IT"S FRIGGEN WINTER!!!!!!! :cry:

riverroyal
01-09-2005, 07:23 PM
rained in glamis for maybe 5 minutes,its was empty,kinda nice,no injuries,no hurt kids,happy wife,not a bad weekend...i heard it rained here.....see ya