PDA

View Full Version : HELP I need insurance help

Garrddogg
01-06-2005, 02:44 PM
I was talkin with my ins broker and he checked with three companies
1st says NOPE aint gonna happen,boat too fast!
2nd says $4500.00
3rd says $3900.00
YES those are per YEAR!
The boat is gonna be a 30' with a Merc 600sci estimated top speed will be around 73 or 75 mph.
I have
one claim
one speeding ticket
and one accident (no fault)
Shiat I'll buy a FUGGIN "bayliner" before I'll pay $4000.00 per year for ins. :hammer2:
If you are gettin a good deal or know of a good guy in the buis lemee know!
Thanks
Force 26 :D

mbrown2
01-06-2005, 02:49 PM
Sounds like the insurance companies have caught up to the V's....sorry to hear it, but it will be more common place to pay over 3K per year for a boat that has more than 425hp or goes over 75... :confused: :frown:
I pay over 4K a year.
One idea is to downgrade the 496HO and get much cheaper insurance and give up 10 mph...

Roxysnow
01-06-2005, 02:53 PM
2nd says $4500.00
3rd says $3900.00
YES those are per YEAR!
The boat is gonna be a Kachina Drone 30' with a Merc 600sci estimated top speed will be around 73 or 75 mph.
I have
one claim
one speeding ticket
Shiat I'll buy a FUGGIN "bayliner" before I'll pay $4000.00 per year for ins. :hammer2:
Thanks
Are you gettin the 30 drone that looks simiilar to your 26? On the Kachina webstite?

Kilrtoy
01-06-2005, 02:55 PM
Sorry to hear that

jdogginla
01-06-2005, 02:56 PM
No he's not...... :notam:

jackpunx
01-06-2005, 03:00 PM
2nd says $4500.00
3rd says $3900.00
YES those are per YEAR!
The boat is gonna be a Kachina Drone 30' with a Merc 600sci estimated top speed will be around 73 or 75 mph.
I have
one claim
one speeding ticket
Thanks
good luck..
at least you can get insurance on your boat.. :supp:

Garrddogg
01-06-2005, 03:03 PM
Are you gettin the 30 drone that looks simiilar to your 26? On the Kachina webstite?
Nope gonna build a new one! A little more traditional.. :jawdrop:

ChumpChange
01-06-2005, 03:21 PM
Nope gonna build a new one! A little more traditional.. :jawdrop:
Gary, give me a call at work 626.914.7390.

dicudmore
01-06-2005, 03:23 PM
Way to give it away there buddy :D :D
Tried Progressive?? Purrfect Tremor was getting good #'s from his guy...
Also have you tried an agent in AZ?? Havasu_Dreamin' (Scott) 29' Essex 525 is getting a "good price" I'm pretty sure with whoever he is using...

jdogginla
01-06-2005, 03:29 PM
Way to give it away there buddy :D :D
He's been want'n to give it away there for awhile..........LOL!

Havasu_Dreamin
01-06-2005, 03:31 PM
Also have you tried an agent in AZ?? Havasu_Dreamin' (Scott) 29' Essex 525 is getting a "good price" I'm pretty sure with whoever he is using...
Our boat is registered and stored in AZ and we are paying less than $1k per year with the 525. I don't ahve the policy specifics with me, they're at the Havasu house, but if you want the details, let me know.

ChumpChange
01-06-2005, 03:35 PM
I have
one claim
one speeding ticket
One claim. Let's think about that claim and why it might make insurance a little more. hmmmmm. Nope. Can't figure out why.

jdogginla
01-06-2005, 03:35 PM
Our boat is registered and stored in AZ and we are paying less than $1k per year with the 525. I don't ahve the policy specifics with me, they're at the Havasu house, but if you want the details, let me know.
It's all in good fun and light humor that I say this..........but his last boat is sitt'n at the bottom of the Pacific......He's not gonna be paying under 1k for his insurance :hammer2:

Havasu_Dreamin
01-06-2005, 03:37 PM
It's all in good fun and light humor that I say this..........but his last boat is sitt'n at the bottom of the Pacific......He's not gonna be paying under 1k for his insurance :hammer2:
Ah, didn't realize that it was his boat that went down on the way back from Catalina.

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
01-06-2005, 03:38 PM
That is insane.......Did you try progressive?

Garrddogg
01-06-2005, 03:44 PM
I couldnt help but laugh at that one!fugger..couldnt help it!! :hammerhea

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-06-2005, 03:53 PM
My insurance agent came out to inspect our boat and asked how much horsepower it had. I said I had no idea. He said, "Well, to estimate, would you say about 150?" I looked at him and said, "Ummm, yeah." Dumbass. I don't know what the horsepower is on a 454, but I'm pretty sure it's more than 150 ;) LOL. I was not about to tell him any different.
That was the same time he asked, looking at the engine with an intake manifold on it that has Edelbrock in raised letters on it, "Does it have any high performance aftermarket products on it?"
With a clueless dumb female look on my face, I replied, "I really don't know, we just bought it." :hammerhea
I guess you could say I was pretty darn lucky.

ratso
01-06-2005, 03:57 PM
My insurance agent came out to inspect our boat and asked how much horsepower it had. I said I had no idea. He said, "Well, to estimate, would you say about 150?" I looked at him and said, "Ummm, yeah." Dumbass. I don't know what the horsepower is on a 454, but I'm pretty sure it's more than 150 ;) LOL. I was not about to tell him any different.
That was the same time he asked, looking at the engine with an intake manifold on it that has Edelbrock in raised letters on it, "Does it have any high performance aftermarket products on it?"
With a clueless dumb female look on my face, I replied, "I really don't know, we just bought it." :hammerhea
Your man might be sportin' wood, but apparently you're sportin' the brains... :D

dimarcobros
01-06-2005, 04:09 PM
How long ago was the claim and did you go to traffic school for the ticket?
DMB

jdogginla
01-06-2005, 04:10 PM
Your man might be sportin' wood, but apparently you're sportin' the brains... :D
actually not really..........if he ever needs to put a claim in (accident/stolen) the bigger engine and aftermarket parts aren't covered and won't be replaced..... :hammerhea

jdogginla
01-06-2005, 04:14 PM
DMB
Let's put it this way.......if you go on the catalina run this weekend, you will still be able to see the oil slick on the water :squiggle: I don't remember the exact coordinates, but approx 13 miles off Long Beach.
I don't think it's even been long enough for any fish to make the mid-cabin their new home yet.

dimarcobros
01-06-2005, 04:20 PM
Let's put it this way.......if you go on the catalina run this weekend, you will still be able to see the oil slick on the water :squiggle: I don't remember the exact coordinates, but approx 13 miles off Long Beach.
I don't think it's even been long enough for any fish to make the mid-cabin their new home yet.
That's right, I forgot about that. Sorry, what a shame.
DMB

Garrddogg
01-06-2005, 04:31 PM
DMB
11-13-04 and nope no traffic school :(

Garrddogg
01-06-2005, 04:32 PM
THATS #2 :hammerhea

welk2party
01-06-2005, 04:35 PM
I have a 496 HO deckboat and pay $1500 a year.

dimarcobros
01-06-2005, 04:38 PM
11-13-04 and nope no traffic school :(
How long ago was the ticket?
DMB

Sane Asylum
01-06-2005, 05:33 PM
And you're screwed when you have a claim and they send an adjuster that does have a clue and they say.........." Sorry Mr. Wood, your horsepower is understated, we can't help you with this claim...."

JetBoatRich
01-06-2005, 05:42 PM
You may want to rethink your policy :jawdrop: and get closer to the actual horsepower in the boat. You can void any claims that may occur from the inaccurate information supplied :hammer2:
Stock, 454 should be ok and not to much of an increase :eek:

SHOTKALLIN
01-06-2005, 06:01 PM
So you get punished because your bout caught fire? Thats crap! I guess it would be your fault also if the boat gets stolen?

voodoomedman
01-06-2005, 09:43 PM
Try progressive's website. It is cheaper if you go directly with them than with a broker. That way they aren't paying commissions. Granted I'm only 375 horses with the 496 Mag but I am 25 and I told them 75 on the speed. I also told them primary use is 86404 (Lake Havasu). I only pay 720 a year.