PDA

View Full Version : Anyone work in Sales?

Speedin' Ian
01-07-2005, 04:11 PM
Currently I am working as an Account Executive for a large corporation, it's a great job that affords me a very nice lifestyle, but I am always looking for ways to better myself. Lately I've been reading some articles about what it takes to be succesful, or how to move to the next level and I am really enjoying the knowledge and ideas I've gained, so my question is. Who else out there works in corporate sales, and what good books have you read on sales techniques and approaches?

taxman
01-07-2005, 04:13 PM
the game of life

ChumpChange
01-07-2005, 04:31 PM
I'm in sales. But I don't read.

AZKC
01-07-2005, 04:33 PM
I had something witty to say but I kept staring at Taxmans avatar :D
Oh I remember................... ah sh!t I forgot again

LUVNLIFE
01-07-2005, 04:41 PM
Hey Kevin what's up with the short term memory loss :)

Phat Matt
01-07-2005, 04:42 PM
the game of life
I have to agree with you on that one. I didn't go to school for this sales job but I'm pretty good at it.

AZKC
01-07-2005, 04:55 PM
Hey Kevin what's up with the short term memory loss :)
I get distracted by boobies :rollside:

MsDrmr
01-07-2005, 05:09 PM
mr and I are both in sales and there are some books I would suggest you read.....don't make fun, they were extremely helpful.
Success for dummies
Sales for dummies
How full is your bucket (Tom Rath)
Most anthing I have read from Zig Ziggler I have found very motivational and encourage.

Essex29
01-07-2005, 05:09 PM
Currently I am working as an Account Executive for a large corporation, it's a great job that affords me a very nice lifestyle, but I am always looking for ways to better myself. Lately I've been reading some articles about what it takes to be succesful, or how to move to the next level and I am really enjoying the knowledge and ideas I've gained, so my question is. Who else out there works in corporate sales, and what good books have you read on sales techniques and approaches?
what corporation ? In thousand oaks?

Speedin' Ian
01-07-2005, 05:13 PM
I work for a company called Homestore, but basically what I do is work with Real Estate agents helping them market their listings. It has been a great company to work for and I have been putting up some great numbers but I am always looking for that little advantage, which is why I have been hitting the books lately.

Havasu Hangin'
01-07-2005, 05:16 PM
I sell oranges on the freeway offramp.
ALOT of oranges... :notam:

MsDrmr
01-07-2005, 05:19 PM
must not be doing too bad huh? ;) I bet it's nice to have the rainy days off :D

Bad Baja
01-07-2005, 05:19 PM
I have a Masters Degree in Bullshiting, Opps I mean Sales.

77charger
01-07-2005, 05:23 PM
And i have a picture of you doing so.still trying to get it autographed
PS i will sell it to the highest bidder :) :p

Havasu Hangin'
01-07-2005, 05:23 PM
must not be doing too bad huh? ;) I bet it's nice to have the rainy days off :D
Yeah...I beat the competition by selling at a loss. I don't make much on each orange...
...but I make it up in volume. :hammerhea

Havasu Hangin'
01-07-2005, 05:26 PM
And i have a picture of you doing so.still trying to get it autographed
PS i will sell it to the highest bidder :) :p
How about I autograph your head with my shoe? :notam:
Man...the paparazzi are everywhere... :supp:

77charger
01-07-2005, 05:27 PM
How about I autograph your head with my shoe? :notam:
Man...the paparazzi are everywhere... :supp:
dont make me post it hehehehehe only prob i don know how to :D

thom
01-07-2005, 06:31 PM
I'm in sales.. what type of books are you looking for? How to close the deal, Big sales, small sales, let me know ive read and have alot on cd.

superdave013
01-07-2005, 06:51 PM
anything by Brian Tracy
I have a great set of CD's from him. If you would like to borrow them let me know.

Jet City
01-07-2005, 07:28 PM
Yeah...I beat the competition by selling at a loss. I don't make much on each orange...
...but I make it up in volume. :hammerhea
How about "we screw the other guy and pass the savings on to you!"
Seriously, if you have a busy schedule (who doesn't) you might consider getting sales books on cassette or CD, I often listen to them between calls on the road. My favorites are Zig Ziggler, Brian Tracy and Tom Hopkins.

voodoomedman
01-07-2005, 07:46 PM
Stephen Covey
7 Habits of Highly Effective People
It's been a New York Times Best Seller for years
That is my suggestion from a business standpoint and I work for a very respected company they love this book.
From a spiritual standpoint if I may and your interested
Rick Warren
Purpose Driven Life
This book really puts things into perspective and makes you think and feel good.

unleashed
01-07-2005, 07:51 PM
If you want to do good in Sales, you have to be able to look em straight in the eye and lie your ass off. Period end of story! :)
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com)

Havasu Hangin'
01-07-2005, 07:53 PM
If you want to do good in Sales, you have to be able to look em straight in the eye and lie your ass off. Period end of story! :)
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com)
Really? :idea:
So are your clothes made in sweatshops, Deano? :notam:

MOBrien
01-07-2005, 08:28 PM
I work for a company called Homestore............I am always looking for that little advantage, which is why I have been hitting the books lately.
Mr. Shanman would be proud of you. You know him right?
Do you and I know each other?
This is weird.................

Speedin' Ian
01-07-2005, 09:00 PM
thom, I'm not looking for anything specifically, just trying to get an idea of what other Top Producers do to stay on the cutting edge. I'm a firm believer that Top Producer won't stay on top unless they are constantly refining their techniques.
Superdave I may take you up on that offer, I have heard great things about Brian Tracy and I wouldn't mind listening to those on the way to and from work.
Deano, you don't have to lie! You just got sell something you believe in! :wink:
MOBrien I don't know if I know you. Do you work for Homestore? If so what divison? Or do you simply work in real estate?

Phat Matt
01-07-2005, 09:54 PM
Brian Tracy usually comes in to town once a year or so to do his seminars. We send our new sales reps to see him we he's here. I've probably gone 2 or 3 times so I don't go anymore.

ROZ
01-07-2005, 11:54 PM
You workin' BF's beat again? He's going to be upset :D

thom
01-08-2005, 09:46 AM
[QUOTE=Speedin' Ian]thom, I'm not looking for anything specifically, just trying to get an idea of what other Top Producers do to stay on the cutting edge. I'm a firm believer that Top Producer won't stay on top unless they are constantly refining their techniques.
Amen...
I will have to look up the name but a guy from Scottsdale AZ "spin selling "
is good and Brian Tracey's The Psycgology of selling is also very good