PDA

View Full Version : help me plug this hole in my rear

a catered life
01-08-2005, 06:35 AM
I've got some weird aftermarket oil change hole on the back of the boat behind my drive :mad: i was told that i should have gotton some kind on tube that goes in the hole for easy oil changes but i didn't :eek:. it about the size of the drain holes but has threads larger than regular threads. the guys at eliminator told me to look around someone may know the company that made it or know where i could get some help with it they could not remember who made the item.
does this ring any bells or does anyone have this installed in their boat? help unable to launch with hole in my rear end :eek: :skull:[/

91nordic29
01-08-2005, 06:43 AM
plumber's calk :D

a catered life
01-08-2005, 06:49 AM
plumber's calk :D
dont want to do that because the hole goes right to the bottom of my oil pan.

Thunderbutt
01-08-2005, 07:07 AM
I've never heard of that, is there a pipe or hose from the hole that conects to the pan with a valve to shut it off? Why don't you ask the guy that put it in. I drain mine through the drain plug. but I have to screw on the an fitting to a valve that is in the pan. I have a v-drive so I can get to the back of the pan easy.

JetBoatRich
01-08-2005, 07:17 AM
Willie, have any pictures :confused: I have a hose on my pan that I stick out the plug hole to drain the oil :confused:

a catered life
01-08-2005, 07:17 AM
yea there is a pipe i have part of it but half if missing. cant find the guy who put it on third owner

UltraLucky
01-08-2005, 07:36 AM
I saw a setup like that at the boat show years ago. I think there was some sort of sleve you inserted through the hole to open the drain valve. Do you have that part? You should be able to find a stanless or brass plug at any good bolt store.

91nordic29
01-08-2005, 07:47 AM
i was just kidding. i was giving you Larry the Cable Guy's solution for everything. Or maybe even Windex :wink:

Havasu Hangin'
01-08-2005, 08:09 AM
Is there a valve on the bottom of the pan?
There are oil change kits with the hoses attached where the drain plug goes in the pan (easier to change the oil) and I've heard of some guys hooking the hose to a through-hull fitting to empty the oil. It's actually a nice setup (oil changes are a pain with the bilge being so close to the pan).

a catered life
01-08-2005, 08:24 AM
ok rich i will take a picture this morning and post it. but i think ultralucky got it right on the head i was told its a older part and i only have half the pipe that goes in to the drain the threaded part is missing but i will post a picture asap

a catered life
01-08-2005, 08:25 AM
i was just kidding. i was giving you Larry the Cable Guy's solution for everything. Or maybe even Windex :wink:
lol glad you were joking started to get a lil worried :p

LUVNLIFE
01-08-2005, 10:37 AM
Willie where is the pic. I think I have seen the setup you are talking about.

a catered life
01-10-2005, 07:51 PM
ok working on pic as i type :p

a catered life
01-11-2005, 09:01 AM
ok rich and cale pictures up :hammerhea

Mrs.Racer277
01-11-2005, 09:13 AM
Willie I have to tell you ever time I see the title of this thread I LOL. :D :D

LUVNLIFE
01-11-2005, 09:19 AM
Willie it is called a Preston Oil Drain Kit. They are listed in the old Rex Marine Catalog on page 66. PM Rexone on the boards here, his name is Mike and he should be able to hook you up with the missing parts. :D

LUVNLIFE
01-11-2005, 09:25 AM
I just checked their website and didn't see any but that doesn't mean they don't have them or can hook you up. They are a helpful bunch over there at Rex :D

phebus
01-11-2005, 09:28 AM
I just checked their website and didn't see any but that doesn't mean they don't have them or can hook you up. They are a helpful bunch over there at Rex :D
Request a catalog. :D

a catered life
01-11-2005, 09:30 AM
thanks for the help. that is a big help some one from rex just pm me he said he he would help me with my problem :p that launch date seems to getting closer

LUVNLIFE
01-11-2005, 09:49 AM
Like I said they are a good bunch over there :D Oh yea and be sure to request a catalog like phebus suggested :rolleyes:

a catered life
01-11-2005, 06:08 PM
Willie I have to tell you ever time I see the title of this thread I LOL. :D :D
and to think i was going to call it "rear end needs plug work" :hammerhea