PDA

View Full Version : Colorado hunting (spam, i guess)

harleypauls
01-08-2005, 10:45 AM
Okay, where do I start. I am looking for a hook-up to go elk hunting in or around Rifle Colo.
Last year I went with 7 other guys. We camped along a creek. It was awesome. The only problem was there was a crapload of other hunters. I was just wondering if anyone on the boards had property in Colorado that they let hunters on. I appreciate your looking at this ad. If you do, PM me and we can work something out. Thanks in advance.
Paul :cool:

hoolign
01-08-2005, 11:14 AM
Just had a elk roast last night, awsome in the slowcooker! just fell apart, got any good elk recipes?? My bud makes wicked elk sausages! one of the best meats for making anything as far as I'm concerned!

harleypauls
01-08-2005, 11:18 AM
Best way is cook steaks in butter in a fry pan. Put on buttered sliced bread and make a steak sandwich. Nothing better IMHO.
Paul :cool:

hoolign
01-08-2005, 11:47 AM
i had some the other night(elk) very good ,have ya ever had any moose?they say its better then elk
I've had moose many times, I have a whack of moose , elk , deer in the deep freeze, the roasts are good very good in a slow cooker, steaks are a bitch! theres no fat on them so you have to bbq them very slow and keep an eye on em, everytime I cook them now I marinate them for a couple days

harleypauls
01-08-2005, 11:56 AM
Whitetail deer is really good too!!! Paul :cool: :cool:

hoolign
01-08-2005, 12:00 PM
Whitetail deer is really good too!!! Paul :cool: :cool:
whitetail and mulee, if they are spikers, the older bucks are way to gamey in my opinion

djunkie
01-08-2005, 12:22 PM
whitetail and mulee, if they are spikers, the older bucks are way to gamey in my opinion
I agree. But I have noticed also on depending where you get the deer from makes a big difference also. I hunt in Nebraska every year and I have never had better tasting deer in my life. Must be the corn they eat. On the other hand I've tasted California deer. :yuk: Must be the leaves and wild berries. :D