PDA

View Full Version : Good Donation Feels wrong

beyondhelpin
01-09-2005, 11:26 AM
Giving to the victims of the tidal wave is a good thing. The feeling I get from the goverment and media of buying the Muslims respect for us pisses me off so much, it makes me not want to give.
F**k them!!! They dont respect our culture. They never have and they never will. The news reported the Arab nations were not giving more than they are because they are afraid of any of it falling into the infidels. WTF
Am I the only one who feels that way?

Kilrtoy
01-09-2005, 11:29 AM
Give to the homeless here at home CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME...
SCREW THOSE COUNTRIES

Flying Tiger
01-09-2005, 11:30 AM
Give to the homeless here at home CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME...
SCREW THOSE COUNTRIES
Yep, ditto.

rsoscia
01-09-2005, 12:02 PM
they had bamboo huts to begin with and now they want us to build housing??? I hate how they downgrade the americans and our way of life and then they want our help, we need to help our own kind first ....did anybody help us in florida after 4 hurricanes hit or how about 9/11any help from anybody Just need to vent Go Rams

Forkin' Crazy
01-09-2005, 01:01 PM
Nuff said:
http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/51896117.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=BE815FD6B606093BB0E0F082B9C86ADDA9C30E9B9B11 4CE8

Schiada76
01-09-2005, 02:30 PM
No matter what we do in Indonesia they'll hate us, the Thai's are different story however. If you wanna do something nice and charitable adopt one of our own deployed in Iraq. I'm sending off a box tomorrow! :D

Kilrtoy
01-09-2005, 03:42 PM
No matter what we do in Indonesia they'll hate us, the Thai's are different story however. If you wanna do something nice and charitable adopt one of our own deployed in Iraq. I'm sending off a box tomorrow! :D
HEAR HEAR, do that instead, they will appreciate it 100 times more....

Infomaniac
01-09-2005, 06:40 PM
When it happened I felt it was sad but a good culling out of the herd is not a bad thing in poverty ridden countries.
God's way of thinning the herd.

OutCole'd
01-09-2005, 07:04 PM
Any clues on a good way to do this?

Infomaniac
01-09-2005, 07:44 PM
Contact blue star mothers.
They are nation wide.
Our shop at American Airlines sent 155 boxes packed with stuff overseas a few weeks before Christmas. :wink:

MsDrmr
01-09-2005, 07:45 PM
I am saddend to see that there is so much hate for these people.Truth is, what happend was horrible for any country. many innocent children/people were killed as a result, and though their way of life was not like ours, their loss of what we may consider "huts" were still their homes, schools, work places,and hospitals.
And don't forget, many American lives were taken in that disaster as well,,(or is that a tragedy and any other lives dont' matter)?
And does the fact that I could not contribute $$ during the 911, or the Florida disaster make me a U.S. hater too?
:confused:

RiverDave
01-09-2005, 09:44 PM
You know all I can do is sit here and shake my head..
Wow... You guys got some issues to work out?
I'm a little curious as to what Thailand did to us to warrant these responses?
RD

Kilrtoy
01-09-2005, 09:46 PM
Dave can you epand on that.
Also MRSDRMR there is no hate towards them, where did you get that....
just because people feel that money services etc should be here at home....

RiverDave
01-09-2005, 09:50 PM
Dave can you epand on that.
Also MRSDRMR there is no hate towards them, where did you get that....
just because people feel that money services etc should be here at home....
I mellowed my post a bit, but I'd be happy to expand on that..
What did Thailand ever to do us? Is there some big anti american sentiment over there I'm not aware of?

Kilrtoy
01-09-2005, 09:55 PM
No matter what we do in Indonesia they'll hate us, the Thai's are different story however.
Here is what they said and it was not bad......

jbtrailerjim
01-09-2005, 09:57 PM
What happened over there was an absolute tragedy. The whole "phuck em" attitude some you have just blows me away. Thousands of innocent people including women, children and some Americans were killed over there.
'

RiverDave
01-09-2005, 09:58 PM
I'll even go so far as to expand on it just a bit futher.. Some of us do business with guys over there on occassion?
But I'll even explain it further.. That deal didn't care if you were a man, a women, a child, a father, a daughter, a son, or a nephew.. It didn't care if you were american (2200 missing?) Thaiwanese, or any of the other 150 something countries.. It didn't care if you were a man of the law, an injection mold maker, a house keeper, or a rich meiser..
Yet we can sit back here and type on our computers "Screw them?" WTF? I don't much give a shit about the muslims and their sentiments, there's alot of people over there that have to do with our everyday lives (believe it or not), and I'm sure many of them are dead, there friends are dead, and their families are dead..
If you ever have any doubt of how close some of these people are to us? Take a look on the bottoms of some of the stuff you use everyday.. Look at where your clothes are made.. Look at where your kids toys are molded and assembled..
"**** them.." Unbelievable..
RD

summerlove
01-09-2005, 10:03 PM
I am saddend to see that there is so much hate for these people.Truth is, what happend was horrible for any country. many innocent children/people were killed as a result, and though their way of life was not like ours, their loss of what we may consider "huts" were still their homes, schools, work places,and hospitals.
And don't forget, many American lives were taken in that disaster as well,,(or is that a tragedy and any other lives dont' matter)?
And does the fact that I could not contribute $$ during the 911, or the Florida disaster make me a U.S. hater too?
:confused:
Lately, I've been very busy at work and Christmas, and the like, and haven't had much chance to get on HB for quite sometime. I had a few minutes tonight and I came across this thread right out of the gate.
Thank you, mrsdrmr for the comments above. I could not agree more.
I have so much empathy for those who lost everything! To think this couldn't happen here is foolish. While a tsunmai is unlikely on the west coast, it has hit our shores before. What about a serious earthquake?
I'm a little disgusted with the gang mentality. I'm ashamed to even be a member here after reading the above.
Amazing.... :confused:

Kilrtoy
01-09-2005, 10:08 PM
Well I did say screw them,
There are millions of americans living on the streets right now in the RAIN, SNOW and are dying as we speak. Yet no-one here is sending money to take care of them. This is a tragedy that has been occurring for many years. Yet noone seems to care. and it is still continuing.
I beleive charity begins at HOME, So lets start it here in this country....

RiverDave
01-10-2005, 11:13 AM
Most the homeless guys I know actually get rooms at Motel 6 once or twice a week.. They make on average 40 - 60 bucks a day just recycling cans, and about 10 - 20 dollars an hour pan handling?
On top of that, half of them are on SSI which give them roughly 850 bucks a month free and clear to do what they want with?
If your homeless in America, and you have half a brain believe me you can get by pretty comfortably, especially in California. If your wondering how come I have to deal with this every week, or how I know so much about it.. My brother is one of them sitting out in the rain right now. The reason I moved back to SD is so that my mom woudln't have to deal with it anymore, after he attacked her.. (He's mentally ill.. on top of which a alcoholic, and minor drug abuser) Believe me, if this guy can pull down about 50 a day (avg) + his state money.. then anyone can do it.
RD

MsDrmr
01-10-2005, 03:41 PM
Lately, I've been very busy at work and Christmas, and the like, and haven't had much chance to get on HB for quite sometime. I had a few minutes tonight and I came across this thread right out of the gate.
Thank you, mrsdrmr for the comments above. I could not agree more.
I have so much empathy for those who lost everything! To think this couldn't happen here is foolish. While a tsunmai is unlikely on the west coast, it has hit our shores before. What about a serious earthquake?
I'm a little disgusted with the gang mentality. I'm ashamed to even be a member here after reading the above.
Amazing.... :confused:
Don't be ashamed to be a member here, , and your welcome. I was expecting to get slashed over that one, (as can be common) I thank RD for stating what he did and you as well, Hate is easy, compassion is important. There are a few people with that attitude, though I do not understand it, and even more that probably feel the way I did and are not willing to state it. Our government does nothing to help our homeless, to that I will agree, but thats where some are wrong assuming that no one else does either. I do as much as possible within my community to help those less fortunate, even my 11yr old son contributes.

Forkin' Crazy
01-10-2005, 04:31 PM
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.aspx?iid=51896117&cdi=0
Well, I posted the image above, but I guess no one took the time too look (or didn't want to).
Click on the link and look directly past the dead guy on the stretcher..... Can anyone see the guy with the black "T" shirt on? And do you recognize the figure on the front of that shirt?
Don't get me wrong, I hate what happend to them too. I just don't care for the muslums. If that makes me a bad person, so be it!!! :220v:
BTW for all of you with your heads burried in the "sandbar", this has been an on going subject in the "Political Rhetoric". ;)

SHOTKALLIN
01-10-2005, 04:33 PM
Has NIKE given a donation yet? They are filthy rich off the backs of people in countries just like those. The tag on the tongue of your shoe will usually say Malaysia or Indonesia. They pay them 5 cents a hour and sell shoes for $200. So how much has NIKE given?

SHOTKALLIN
01-10-2005, 04:36 PM
I think that the Corporate world that makes money there as well as the surrounding MUSLIM countries should carry the burdon. Isreal offered ALOT of support and Indonesia turned it down??? WTF???

barbigrl
01-10-2005, 04:43 PM
Not to get off Topic here...but RD I had to do a double take on your avatar/signature!!! hahahaha Thought you were someone else!! That is great!
I hope everyone donates to the disaster.....despite political disagreements....we are all human...in times like this you just have to put greivences aside. :frown:

RiverDave
01-10-2005, 04:48 PM
Not to get off Topic here...but RD I had to do a double take on your avatar/signature!!! hahahaha Thought you were someone else!! That is great!
He told me I was mimicking him... so I figured I'd show him what mimicking REALLY was. . :D
RD

barbigrl
01-10-2005, 04:51 PM
He told me I was mimicking him... so I figured I'd show him what mimicking REALLY was. . :D
RD
Who doesn't want to be like JP???? :p :rollside:

DryHeatOnly
01-10-2005, 05:08 PM
Giving to the victims of the tidal wave is a good thing. The feeling I get from the goverment and media of buying the Muslims respect for us pisses me off so much, it makes me not want to give.
F**k them!!! They dont respect our culture. They never have and they never will. The news reported the Arab nations were not giving more than they are because they are afraid of any of it falling into the infidels. WTF
Am I the only one who feels that way?
I gotta admit that at first I felt the same way after hearing that Indonesia is a Muslim nation. Not every area/country hit was Muslim though. Above all, helping is the humane thing to do regardless of their religion. I'll just let the Red Cross handle the money.

Schiada76
01-10-2005, 05:15 PM
Any clues on a good way to do this?
I used these guys.
http://operationmilitarypride.org/

beyondhelpin
01-10-2005, 09:07 PM
I started the thread by saying giving to the victims of the tsunami was a good thing. One of the things I dont like is the feeling being provicated on the news as we might be able to buy some Muslim respect. Yes that pisses me off big time.
There has been genocides and famines in Africa for many years. The numbers of death are much larger than what has happened with the Tsunami. A large number of the deaths were/are children. How many people have contributed to the relief for these souls? So please dont be ashamed or stand on a platform unless you can say you have given ito these people. I will go one step futher. Have you ever laughed at or told an Ethoipian joke? Probally more than will admit to it.
And yes it is hard for me to give to people who want to hurt or kill me or my family and friends.

Kilrtoy
01-10-2005, 09:13 PM
We are having a tragedy here as we speak, people are dying in so cal RIGHT NOW, People are losing there homes right now, as I write this. Lets help them, a natural disaster has hit So Cal.

Eric455
01-10-2005, 11:35 PM
i love this subject and think they should all go to hell. i only care about the tourists, the rest of them i think should suffer and stop crying about money, cuz years ago they were the ones that didnt accept our culture, and now the world is turning to the USA for money. f**k em. let them die.

Eric455
01-10-2005, 11:38 PM
ohhh and one more thing, all the money that has been raised and given to them punks, should just be put in americas economy.
just my side of it.
eric

XtrmWakeborder
01-11-2005, 12:03 AM
Where as i wouldn't go so far as to say fuk them all, because i'm sure some of them are good people, i would say that i will not be giving any money to them. When have we ever been given any money from these people, or troops, or anything worth value? All we get are protests, flag burnings, and terror attacks. Our troops are getting killed protecting us from these people and i'd much rather help out the person i know will not be hurting the country rather than the person who MIGHT do it or support it. They threaten our way of life with their extremist views and i will not help pay to rebuild their house and put food on their table.

Kilrtoy
01-11-2005, 08:21 AM
hey just look they are asking for our money
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/146priceless2__BEN_.jpg

barbigrl
01-11-2005, 08:24 AM
ohhh and one more thing, all the money that has been raised and given to them punks, should just be put in americas economy.
just my side of it.
eric
How come you have your phone number on your avatar thingy?

Forkin' Crazy
01-11-2005, 08:27 AM
We are having a tragedy here as we speak, people are dying in so cal RIGHT NOW, People are losing there homes right now, as I write this. Lets help them, a natural disaster has hit So Cal.
I am sure that aid will come to S. CA. I'm sure people will be giving too. Just curious, did you give to any of the hurricane survivors in FL?

Kilrtoy
01-11-2005, 08:30 AM
I am sure that aid will come to S. CA. I'm sure people will be giving too. Just curious, did you give to any of the hurricane survivors in FL?
Glad you asked,
NO
but I am not advocting giving moneyto other countries. I am saying giving starts at home for all those who feel like giving

spectratoad
01-11-2005, 08:32 AM
We all already gave our donations, those are tax dollars that are going over there. :mad:

XtrmWakeborder
01-11-2005, 01:00 PM
We all already gave our donations, those are tax dollars that are going over there. :mad:
VERY TRUE. Two carrier groups don't come cheap....

Ducatista
01-11-2005, 01:53 PM
I think it is important for us as a nation, to help these unfortunate people out. Why?...because simply it's the "right" thing to do. Yes, some of them will still hate us, and some are our enemies, but they need our help. This is part of what being an "American" is all about IMO. :cool:

OC-PARTYCAT
01-11-2005, 02:05 PM
I too share empathy for the people of this tragic event. I dont think we should be giving "our"(as in you and I) money away to other countries that dont give a shit about America and dont pay taxes. I pay taxes and would rather see my money going to the people in crisis in this nation. It really makes me sick to help anyone out that doesnt contribute like I do. It has to be done to apease the liberals in this nation so, why not start with the people here. This country needs to start being ran like a business. If I go broke trying to make a buck and pay my taxes every year (1.75mil), is the government going to help me out? I think not, they will kick my ass to the curb like the rest of the Americans that are paying to upgrade the castles in Thailand and the people living in those castles throwing alittle money down to the poor.

Ultra5150
01-11-2005, 02:24 PM
I think it is important for us as a nation, to help these unfortunate people out. Why?...because simply it's the "right" thing to do. Yes, some of them will still hate us, and some are our enemies, but they need our help. This is part of what being an "American" is all about IMO. :cool:
I am by no means a liberal, and I agree. When Time Magazine asked a bunch of highly thought of people, who the person of the millennium should be, Simon Weisenthal answered "The American Soldier, they were normal men of different religions, backgrounds, careers, and races, yet they left their homes to free the world of tyranny, WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Middle East. I am proud of our history, it seems like some of the people on this board would have just said, let those jews die in the ovens, we have a depression to worry about. Americans help people, I hate to think what some of you are teaching your children. I am not saying sell your boat and donate the money, or donate any money at all, damn, at least say a prayer for these people.

OC-PARTYCAT
01-11-2005, 02:28 PM
I hate to think what some of you are teaching your children.
hate the white man...like everyone else

Slider
01-11-2005, 02:34 PM
Most the homeless guys I know actually get rooms at Motel 6 once or twice a week.. They make on average 40 - 60 bucks a day just recycling cans, and about 10 - 20 dollars an hour pan handling?
On top of that, half of them are on SSI which give them roughly 850 bucks a month free and clear to do what they want with?
If your homeless in America, and you have half a brain believe me you can get by pretty comfortably, especially in California. If your wondering how come I have to deal with this every week, or how I know so much about it.. My brother is one of them sitting out in the rain right now. The reason I moved back to SD is so that my mom woudln't have to deal with it anymore, after he attacked her.. (He's mentally ill.. on top of which a alcoholic, and minor drug abuser) Believe me, if this guy can pull down about 50 a day (avg) + his state money.. then anyone can do it.
RDHey Dave that sounds like my brother.Its is so hard on the parents.Glad you are their for her.

Forkin' Crazy
01-12-2005, 05:29 AM
This country needs to start being ran like a business. If I go broke trying to make a buck and pay my taxes every year (1.75mil), is the government going to help me out? I think not, they will kick my ass to the curb like the rest of the Americans that are paying to upgrade the castles in Thailand and the people living in those castles throwing alittle money down to the poor.
AMEN!!!!