PDA

View Full Version : trailer camping ..

Essex29
01-09-2005, 02:00 PM
For the people that sllep in trailers at the river.....
do you have a checklist of things you keep in there?
What are the do's and dont's ?
I'll only be using it 2x a month what can foods can I leave in it?
Any tip's or trick's you care to share?
Or anything you think I'll need to know.

Mrs.Racer277
01-09-2005, 02:02 PM
Check with Mrs.Casean. They camp at the river all the time. :D

Flying Tiger
01-09-2005, 02:11 PM
Having kids I have pancake syrup.
The trailer will get so hot it will creep outta the bottle and migrates everywhere.
So I don't keep it on board.
All drygood are OK.
Bottled water is great, stores fine. 36 paks from costco. Never drink any campground water along the Colorado river. Filtered or not.
Sodas sweetened with Nutri sweet will loose their flavor after a few hours in the heat. Sometimes they detonate.
Stuff that seems to be OK left in the trailer at Parker:
Gatoraide
Rice,
Bitchquick, pancake mixes
Cookie mixes in the foil bag
Canned fruit
Oatmeal
Mazola
Non Meat items in a can
We put our shampoos and conditioners (& KY) ect on a tray, and then put the tray in the bathtub. If they boil over then no BFD cleaning up.
Cookies if wrap'd, otherwise the ants will take your rig over.
Same with sugar. It'll take the heat,, but the ant will find it if it's not sealed.
If a can of something like WD 40 or similar detonates in the heat, you'll never get rid of the smell. It'll always be with you for ever..
http://hometown.aol.com/ljowdy/myhomepage/setupz.gif?mtbrand=AOL_US

77charger
01-09-2005, 02:41 PM
I did that this summer at needles.We took all our food for the weekend in a cooler and only left the unopened food that didnt need a refridge.

Essex29
01-09-2005, 02:42 PM
Having kids I have pancake syrup.
The trailer will get so hot it will creep outta the bottle and migrates everywhere.
So I don't keep it on board.
All drygood are OK.
Bottled water is great, stores fine. 36 paks from costco. Never drink any campground water along the Colorado river. Filtered or not.
Sodas sweetened with Nutri sweet will loose their flavor after a few hours in the heat. Sometimes they detonate.
Stuff that seems to be OK left in the trailer at Parker:
Gatoraide
Rice,
Bitchquick, pancake mixes
Cookie mixes in the foil bag
Canned fruit
Oatmeal
Mazola
Non Meat items in a can
We put our shampoos and conditioners (& KY) ect on a tray, and then put the tray in the bathtub. If they boil over then no BFD cleaning up.
Cookies if wrap'd, otherwise the ants will take your rig over.
Same with sugar. It'll take the heat,, but the ant will find it if it's not sealed.
If a can of something like WD 40 or similar detonates in the heat, you'll never get rid of the smell. It'll always be with you for ever..
http://hometown.aol.com/ljowdy/myhomepage/setupz.gif?mtbrand=AOL_US
Good info...is it the aluminun cans of soda that pop..how about plastic?
So can we store powdered goods in ziplock bags to secure?

BADASS38CHEVY
01-09-2005, 02:48 PM
For the people that sllep in trailers at the river.....
do you have a checklist of things you keep in there?
What are the do's and dont's ?
I'll only be using it 2x a month what can foods can I leave in it?
Any tip's or trick's you care to share?
Or anything you think I'll need to know.
try this website http://www.camping-usa.com/checklist.html

Mrs. casean
01-09-2005, 03:15 PM
Easy things I keep in ours is pasta tomato sauce for spagetti, all my seasonings as if I lived in it :D beef broth for french dips (just by the bread and roast beef on your way out), I keep the boxed potato's (scalloped, mashed etc.)... that's just a few things I keep in it for food that I can leave in it and not worry... the water bottles are good too... Wheat Thins, popcorn if you have a micro :D I love trailer camping so I get a little crazy w/ the meals sometimes :D Have fun!

kp216
01-09-2005, 03:20 PM
Even though we don't leave our camper somewhere for the summer, it's always packed and ready to go.
Any canned food item will be fine.
Bottled water is fine.
Never had a problem with soda either (cans or bottles).
Our sugar and flour we keep in large screw-top plastic containers that hold about 5 pounds each.
Gravy mixes, taco seasoning, kool-aid and other "packet" type containers, we keep in ziplock bags.
We keep some meat in the freezer of the fridge, but for the most part, we buy what meat we're gonna eat the day before we leave so it's fresh. If you're gonna be gone for a while, freeze your meat and use it to help keep your coolers cold.
Camping is an adventure :wink: Have fun with it.
Oh... take a notebook and pen. That way you'll be able to write down all the stuff not to forget the next time. :D

Mrs. casean
01-09-2005, 03:59 PM
Oh... take a notebook and pen. That way you'll be able to write down all the stuff not to forget the next time. :D
Good suggestion.. that way you won't get out there and realize you are out of TP or Paper towels! :D Two important things to keep stocked!