PDA

View Full Version : Chandler, AZ - information needed

Havasu_Dreamin
01-10-2005, 01:49 PM
A co-worker is thinking of buying some property in Chandler, AZ and was looking for any information, good or bad. I don't know exactly where in town so any information will certainly be helpful. Thanks.

Powerquestboy
01-10-2005, 02:21 PM
Chandler is awesome! It has been booming for many years, I'm surprised there is anything left to buy there. Great neighborhoods, good schools, everything is new and nice.

Magic34
01-10-2005, 02:49 PM
Great place, just don't buy within 4-5 miles of downtown Chandler, Arizona Ave/Chandler Blvd. The only real ghetto part of Chandler is there. South Chandler is all new.

RexRathburn
01-10-2005, 02:51 PM
IHBA boat races are held there :rollside:

AZmike
01-10-2005, 03:49 PM
Chandler's a nice area.

callbob4homes
01-10-2005, 03:51 PM
A co-worker is thinking of buying some property in Chandler, AZ and was looking for any information, good or bad. I don't know exactly where in town so any information will certainly be helpful. Thanks.
Check out my website, there are some links on there to schools and such. I can also get any other info you need. www.callbob4homes.com phone numbers and email on site. :cool:

Tequila-John
01-10-2005, 04:36 PM
Me and the family are looking at homes this weekend in AZ with callbob4homes. He is very helpful. Also greatschools.com is very helpful

callbob4homes
01-10-2005, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the props John, looking forward to meeting and working with you guys.
www.callbob4homes.com :idea:

coolchange
01-10-2005, 08:37 PM
Joes Bar-b-que! Yaaaa!

SCUBA STEVE
01-11-2005, 07:01 AM
Chandler is awesome! It has been booming for many years, I'm surprised there is anything left to buy there. Great neighborhoods, good schools, everything is new and nice.
I have to agree. If your coworker is working in Chandler, thats the place to be. If they are going to work near Tempe or Phoenix, the traffic is a motha!
But still not as bad as LA traffic. :D I would also suggest some parts of Ahwatukee (sp) and Gilbert. Can you say Bidding wars! We found our dream home in Gilbert in July to find out the house was under contract with 4 back up offers, then we settled on another house to get out bidded on a cash offer, we just got lucky in the house we are in now it fell out of escrow that day. Not our dream home, but its good enough for us. :smile:
HD, just re-read your post, sounds like your co-worker is buying as an investment, not as a resident. If they are doing that, I would highly suggest it! :cool:

howitchy
01-11-2005, 09:35 AM
We've lived in Chandler for over 4 years and love it! The traffic can be difficult; especially now because they are widening all the roads around the new freeway. But you are still only 30 minutes from downtown, the airport, sporting events, etc. There's a lot of things to do.

Havasu_Dreamin
01-11-2005, 09:50 AM
HD, just re-read your post, sounds like your co-worker is buying as an investment, not as a resident. If they are doing that, I would highly suggest it! :cool:
That is exactly what they are doing.
Asking for myself now. Those of you that moved from So. Cal to AZ, do you like it? Is it that much better than LA? Getting tired of the rat race in So. CAl. But I've got a damn good job though I still can't buy a house over here!

totenhosen
01-11-2005, 09:50 AM
I bought an investment in Tempe about 6 months ago and it's worked out great. Currently I'm looking at another place in Chandler that I have a bid on. It's a great area but the bidding wars are jsut as bad as CA earlier last year. Only thin that I still don't understand is that the realtors out there don't ever seem to want to counter offer people and bid up the prices.
If you need help with a loan in AZ or a referral to a realtor let me know. I can personally help your buddy out with the loan.

callbob4homes
01-11-2005, 10:13 AM
I bought an investment in Tempe about 6 months ago and it's worked out great. Currently I'm looking at another place in Chandler that I have a bid on. It's a great area but the bidding wars are jsut as bad as CA earlier last year. Only thin that I still don't understand is that the realtors out there don't ever seem to want to counter offer people and bid up the prices.
If you need help with a loan in AZ or a referral to a realtor let me know. I can personally help your buddy out with the loan.
ahhhh, but it happens all the time as far as the bidding wars go. I wrote 11 contracts for one client before finally scoring a house for her. 3 were for 10K over asking price and we did not get them. sold a listing in less than 24 hours for 4K over list and 20K over what the seller was going to list it himself for as a FSBO. needless to say a very happy camper. multiple counter offers are almost sop here now. If you are thinking investment property, about the only thing to go for now is resales because new home builders have shut off all non owner occupied sales to investors. what this has done is drive up the prices of resales and really depleted the inventory. A word of advise to anyone wanting to buy over here. Bring a CLA (conditional loan approval) with you and be ready to buy if you see the house you want. Also, and not to rain on any lenders out there, it really does help to have a local branch do your cla. sellers are taking the cleanest offers w/o contingencies and most of the time a local lender is the fastest way to go. (or your lender w/ a local branch) now for the spam...........www.callbob4homes.com and there is a link to search the MLS. multiple listing service. oh and btw as for are the homes appreciating here? I sold my dad a home in a very nice area of Gilbert in Oct. and the FSBO i already mentioned? it was a block away, the same builder, house plan, sq. ft and view lot (premium lot) for 21K more one month later! yeah I would say a good investment. Now taking calls for investors, contact numbers on website :D

totenhosen
01-11-2005, 10:34 AM
ahhhh, but it happens all the time as far as the bidding wars go. I wrote 11 contracts for one client before finally scoring a house for her. 3 were for 10K over asking price and we did not get them. sold a listing in less than 24 hours for 4K over list and 20K over what the seller was going to list it himself for as a FSBO.
I understand that portion of it. But what they were doing in CA that they don't seem to do in AZ is for the seller to counter offer everyone back that overbid with an even higher price and no contigencies. What alot of realtors in CA were doing is telling buyers that they would not review all offers until 1 week or so after the property was listed. Let's say a few of the offers were $10k over asking. They would than counter to those people and say if you want the palce it is now $15k over asking with no contingencies.
needless to say a very happy camper. multiple counter offers are almost sop here now. If you are thinking investment property, about the only thing to go for now is resales because new home builders have shut off all non owner occupied sales to investors. what this has done is drive up the prices of resales and really depleted the inventory.
They were starting to do this I think in Sept already. They even put a clause on title stating that if you sold the house within a certain period (two years???) you would forfeit any profit you made.

SCUBA STEVE
01-11-2005, 10:49 AM
That is exactly what they are doing.
Asking for myself now. Those of you that moved from So. Cal to AZ, do you like it? Is it that much better than LA? Getting tired of the rat race in So. CAl. But I've got a damn good job though I still can't buy a house over here!
We like it, I personally had to follow my job here, and was able to buy a house. There are a few state laws that go in your favor, and some not in your favor. I just found out, there is no state disablility. :mad: If I get hurt I am assed out! My company is looking into offering us short term disability for a small fee. We'll see how that works out.
The major plus around here, is you can drive on the weekends with out running into much congestion on the frwys. :wink: Try getting on the 91 or the 5 in CA on the weekend... forget it! :p
Being a 100 miles closer to Havasu is also a big bonus! :2purples: Saguaro lake is 50 miles for us round trip. :cool: Much better then going to Elsinore or Perris.
Its a major family atomshpere here. :p I like driving down the frwy w/o seeing graffiti & trash all over the place as well. (exception of west phoenix on the 10)
So far so good. (5 months & counting)

callbob4homes
01-11-2005, 10:51 AM
happening here as well, maybe not to that extent, but we are seeing more of that. sellers market for sure. We are starting to see more and more of sellers wanting to lease back until new construction finished as well, which makes an investment property appealing if you didn't want to move in right away. 3 bedroom homes rent for minimum of around 900 a month and up depending on size, location, pool etc. I have seen short term rentals 1500 and up, some way higher.

SCUBA STEVE
01-11-2005, 10:52 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot to add, there is no shortage of hotties here either.
Chandler mall & ASU are full of them (over 18 of course). :cool:

totenhosen
01-11-2005, 11:08 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot to add, there is no shortage of hotties here either.
Chandler mall & ASU are full of them (over 18 of course). :cool:
I'd have to say when considering the full package: looks, attitude etc the women out there are probably better. There does seem to be a shortage of hot latinas though.

Havasu_Dreamin
01-11-2005, 11:18 AM
We like it, I personally had to follow my job here, and was able to buy a house.
That's cool! Thanks for the information.

SCUBA STEVE
01-12-2005, 06:57 AM
I'd have to say when considering the full package: looks, attitude etc the women out there are probably better. There does seem to be a shortage of hot latinas though.
Yeah your probably right, I do know where to find them if your looking. :rollside: :cool:
Oh yeah in Mesa there is no shortage of snowbirds right now as well. :cry: :smile: